Darkest Dungeon

Hey pal, you just blew in from stupid town?

Not so long ago, my 2 level 4 Houndmasters and 2 level 5 abominations surprinsingly dispatched the Baron decently fast, with a ridiculous damage output and guarding

Then I decided to send them to the first Darkest Dungeon
Only 1 Houndmaster returned

I got reminded

That's rough. Still on my first playthrough and i have no clue when to go there. Is it worth going to the Darkest Dungeon? Like, do you get rewarded like going to Hyrule Castle early in BOTW?

Thats the end game user, only send your best.

Aight, I wont go there until my bitchboi heroes stops whinning

>Accidentally summoned this fucker
Atleast all of my guys went heroic and kicked his ass. I was so fucking lucky
Except my highwayman, that guy was a pussy and died like one

This is also my first playthrough ever in darkest difficulty, I'm currently on week 160 (Grinding is justified if you're learning the game)
First, and this is my opinion, dont even think on going to the Darkest Dungeon until you have a fully upgraded Guild and Blacksmith, and have a full team of level 6's, if you go with a team of level 5's you can win, but you're pushing your luck, and you know Lady luck in this game is a moody landwhale that will randomly decide to fall over and crush the enemy, or crush your team.

Sadly, I never played a Zelda game, so I cant really answer your comparison.
However, by winning a DD quest, you get a really good loot and loads of money; all your idle heroes will feel inspired by your victory in DD and will get destressed, all of them.
The bad thing of a successfull DD run is that your winning party will be, like, 'Enlighted' or something, and that will REFUSE to venture into the DD again.
On the good side, 'Enlighted' heroes will take no slot on your rooster, meaning you can inmediadly hire another 4 heroes after the DD victory.
So you better have multiple decked out teams for the DD.

Just and advice user, if you venture into the DD, expect high enemy damage output, lots of stress and HUGE, CONSTANT bleeds. Bring a lot of food, bandages and holy waters

Oh no! Your heavy hitter is dying!
Guess who just got a crit on his ability to heal him 2 hp and give him bleeding?

He does his best okay?

the occultist memes trigger me. become better, he's great

That reminds me of the veteran Warren run with 2 rookies and my 2 level 3 Abominations

The rookies died in the middle of the of the run, leaving my 2 Abominations all by themselves
One became focused, the other became powerful

My god, those two magnificent bastards DEMOLISHED the dungeon, almost 1 hitting all enemies
It was glorious
Good times.

>yfw 3 Virtues in a row in the same dungeon

Do you ship your heroes together Sup Forums?

What am I doing wrong? Every time I retreat from the Baron sidequest and I go back, the game restarts me from the beginning of the quest, even though from everyone I hear you can leave and come back.

A little bit

Are we gonna get a new playable character? I feel like we're due for fresh blood

No other games makes me feel so hype when stuff like this happens

it's a bug ONLY on switch version
red crooks' way of telling you to buy the game again on PC

They said they'll fix it, but thats still pretty bad
The UI on the Switch is also a bit confusing. Atleast theres touch controls

>Blood
So far its only been revealed to have new quests and items. Spring is still in a while so who knows

I often friendship my heroes:

The Abomination gets all happy and playful in Beast mode with Houndmaster's hound, while he comfortably smiles and watches in the distance. Abom turns from a demonic bloodthristy demon to just another playful critter.
Highwayman and Grave robber do what they do their best as a team, robbing and plundering.
Man at arms and Arbalest usually hanging out together, in a Master and Puppil relation, teaching the ways of battle to the Arbalest and doing war together, in my headcanon, the Man at Arms dies in battle saving the Hamlet, but dies happy, knowing he repayed his debt and will go to return to his comrades on the otherside
Leper and Plague Doctor usually hanging out, mostly because the Plague Doctor is the only person to not freak out at Leper's decayed body, while she tends his bounds and changes his bandages. The Leper would quietly listen to her medical knowledge with attention. Plague Doctor appreciates a good listener.
The Jester amusingly enough also gets a long with the Leper, because he's the only King, the only noble that has treated him fair and justly, not treating him like a clow, like a Jester, but like an artist and musician. The Jester would perform small concerts for the party with the Leper around, with him being pleased with such musical talent from that masked man.
The Antiquarian gets lucky in having the Leper and Man at Arms, not just as friends, but also personal bodyguards. Any spooky skeleton or pigman that dares to hurt the little old arabian lady, will stumble upon 2 massive human walls. Needless to say, said skeleton is pummeled to dust. Both big guys likes to hang out and listen to Antiquarian's many stories and adventures

I like good endings

/CRUSADER/ a best

Those are some pretty cute ideas user
Too bad all that life and joy can be taken away so fast by a single crit

Treebranch Smackdown

And thats why all that joy and happiness is so precious in a world full of pain, blood and death
I'd let my heroes have their little fun and happy times if I were the Heir, mostly because I know wha will happen to these heroes

>Weald

Wholesome
I guess Crusader-kun is just a jerk to everyone

The Crussader?
Truth be told I never had nothing against him, he's actually a rather an inspiring and excellent leader, but he's too focused on his holy quest to vanquish the evil from this land and too busy crussading the Ruins to actually spend time with other heroes.

The real jerkass of the rooster would be the Flagellant

Is there a Zorro mod with a character that marks and damages with one skill?

EL ZORRO
EL ZORRO
EL ZORROOOOO!

Okay. This is literally a /vg/ thread at this point.

psst hey kid
you like books?

Warrens for me
>Vomit
>disease

>1st battle on a warrens mission
>disease gives you -50% disease resist

>not bringing plague doctor

Pos 4 Plague Doctor
Pos 3 Bounty Hunter
Pos 2 Flagellant
Pos 1 Hellion

Get your PD to constantly buff your Hellion, use both of them to stun the two positions of the front and back
Use the Bounty Hunter to hook backline pigs upfront of the Hellion and Flagellant
Have Punish, Reclaim, Redeem and Exsanguinate on your Flagellant
Have the hook and flashbangs on your Bounty Hunter

Get your PD her Disease healing ability during camping, destress your Flagellant, if possible, buff your Hellion during camp

Thank me later.

>using buffs
>not just killing shit

>Not buffing your Hellion to make her a rapetrain

Not this one. Not today.

I prefer marking shit. Leper needs glasses I swear

Reynauld just died.

My first Necromancer run I was horribly unprepared. All four heroes became virtuous. I really didn't deserve that win but it felt damn good.

many fall in the face of chaos

>almost get reminded fighting necromancer and piglord
>too scared to fight hag or siren
I was going to play until someone died but I don't want to lose

Why is leper so trash bros?

inflexibility

Shit acc.
Also you can't fug him

Because you're shit. He's got a godly kit, only shitters fall for the leper is bad meme.
Run him with accuracy trinkets and have at least one plague doctor on the team to handle the backline.
Use his knockback to fuck enemy positioning, it knocks back 3 for god's sake. Use his stress heal and heal to maintain himself when you don't urgently need the last enemy to be dead.

I would to use him with Abom

Isnt he good with Jester?
The only Jester i ever got played the luthe once and got crit'd right away

requesting that image of leper that depicts him as some sort of stony abomination
it was supposed to be a sort of "bad end" situation

>Jester survives Game of Thrones
>"Hey, there's a bunch of monsters in this one place, looks like a good place to take a vacation"
What the hell man

GOD DAMN IT made me kek

thank you user
i hope you have a great day

I need your guy's advice for DD 1. This is my second run of the game and I'm still scared shitless after the first massacre. I've amassed a large amount of level 6's but I don't know who to take to DD 1. My 6s are
Antiquarian
Crusader
Hellion
Shield breaker
Flag
Bounty Hunter
Highway Man
Occultist
Falconer (mod)
Vestal
Grave robber
Jester
Lamia (mod)
Plague Doctor
Hound master

As a matter of fact, I've typhooned here...!

Books are for faggots.

>ally at deaths door
>try to heal with occultist
>0 heal
>bleed
Why do I do this to myself?

he's literally only good for meme boss strats. Other times, he can fuck off because he's the most useless character period. You get more mileage out of Antiquarian.
>but git gud, u just shit :(((
No, someone good at this game *might* get something out of Leper, but they can also get infinitely more from other characters that aren't gutter trash

the leper's support abilities confuse me. why can't I use them from any rank? why can't revenge have no penalties? why can't withstand be like that crusader ability that lasts the entire battle? it'd be pretty cool if all of these could be used in any rank and moved him forward 2 ranks

I still don't understand why the leper is supposed to be BAD. Like I used one a couple of times and he seemed fine.

>he's not bad just use this actually good hero :^)
>accuracy meme when the issue isn't landing damage on the front row, it's that you usually don't want to damage front row for sustain and need to target the back
>waste turns shuffling enemy positions so you have more chance to miss/resist, MORE free enemy actions because the leper is so slow, spending a turn on your dedicated damage to shuffle, then he still has higher chance to miss
>this useless character can perpetually sustain his uselessness
t. shitter
Leper is fine to use because the game is easy but he is de facto weak. There's nothing wrong with that, he just needs a better kit to compete. His design philosophy is damage tank when there are better choices if I want damage and better choices if I want a tank.

He hits hard and he's self sufficient.
However he's prone to missing attacks at the worst possible times.

Dazed. Reeling.

About to break