How come we are not talking about this?

How come we are not talking about this?

games.mxdwn.com/news/nintendo-is-planning-on-adopting-the-games-as-a-service-model/

gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-plans-to-release-more-dlc-to-promote-long/1100-6456488/

gamerant.com/nintendo-future-games-more-dlc/

youtu.be/LlhgesaM540

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6FsWD
archive.is/m3j3n
archive.is/E5ijw
youtube.com/watch?v=1IDF-8khS3w
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180201_2e.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_as_a_service
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice click bait for your website.

I really don't care. I usually throw cardboard in the trash or recycling bin. I don't really care what the world's biggest cardboard manufacturer is up to

>posts 4 links
>your website

Pastebin that shit. I'm not giving clicks to those thieving jews.

idgaf. So don’t read it. The image tells you everything you need to know.

Because nobody gives a shit and we're not clicking your links, faggot

Fucking hell next time i won’t link sources to claims then you fucking babies

>The image tells you everything you need to know.
Yeah. "Here's clickbait bullshit founded on some rumor a nobody on twitter is floating."

>more dlc
So here's the question you gotta ask yourself. Would you rather pay a small fraction of the retail price of an game for DLC content that expands on it or would you rather pay $60 for it's sequel + future DLC content for that game?

>rumor

It was in their investors meeting

Well, I already bought a gamepass for my xbone, so...

Aorry can you repeat the question? Are you saying sequels are not full price because games have DLC?

I wouldn't know. Since I'm not clicking that click bait bullshit. Nice try shill.

You guys are fucking faggots

Go cry on reddit then shill.

Are you just potato retarded or new? Relax kid. Here, no free money to “da joos”

Those websites thrive on ad revenue.

I miss iwata.

Ok i don’t care. I just didn’t want to be called a sourceless faggot so i posted a bunch.

There. Was that so fucking hard? Start with that next time you corporate cock sucker.

>How come we are not talking about this?
Sup Forums don't talk about vidya no more since like 2010

>I really don't care
>I really don't care
Except that you do.

Still wouldn’t have had a source

buying a nintendo game then
>know that you were getting a complete game.

buying a nintendo game now
>$20 dollars to unlock hard mode and a cut challenge dungeon
>$30 for some amiibo to unlock more cut content

I am seriously going to be hesitant to buy nintendo's upcoming games because of all the dlc and amiibo shit that they have been pulling lately. If you want to get $90 for your games, then sell the game for $90 and quit cutting content.

I don’t care that they get money or not. It’s not important to me. Most of you faggots just want to feel like you got one over “the man” today. I just want to discuss the subject.

It's all based on that slide from their investor meeting. They aren't adopting anything new, simply telling their investors paid DLCs (Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, etc.), free DLCs (Arms, Splatoon, etc.) and in-games events (Party Crash, Splatfest, etc.) successfully drove interested for those games post-launch.

>I just want to discuss the subject.
and the subject is how many shekels you can earn in a single day.

Well user... at least you didn’t get fooled today! One more for the notch post.

Another 5 and I get a gold star. Not that those are in short supply around here though.

All right i will give you that one, that was pretty good. Shapiro’s sister is fucking hot idgaf

Are you implying that BOTW didn't have enough content to justify a full price, and that the dlc wasn't completely optional? I didn't buy that shit and loved the base game.

Here's an archive
archive.is/6FsWD - link 1
archive.is/m3j3n - link 2
archive.is/E5ijw - link 3
Can you archive youtube videos?
Remember you have the choice to be a faggot and complain or be the change you want to see.

Archive links and pastebins are how you don't get called a sourceless faggot. Posting the actual site links are what get you called a filthy kike shill.

>events are now equivalent to microtransactions
I wish speculationmongers like you would just die already

I don’t care who get’s paid or not.

if they bring back f-0 I honestly don't care

I'd like to play it on the 3ds and console. I literally don't care about anything else. all my favorite franchises are dead

Then as far as all the anons in this thread know you are a paid shill and should fuck off. Sometimes the tiniest bit of effort is worth it user.

See, that's a big fucking leap,. Games as service is a very specific form of monetization, not just DLC.

This is good: arms, Mario kart, Mario golf
This is bad: BotW, Odyssey (so far)

I used to think this was a bad model, but than again, what do you get out of the ownership of the games, other than wasted space at home?
The same applies to car ownership. If you don't actually care too much about them, like 99% of the population, why bother owning one and all the hassles, when you can just use Uber or rent a car for a weekend?
Why pay for a driveway? Pay all those taxes and maintenence?

Now, thinking about games, the death of the physical media in PC gaming started this. Then subscription based games (WoW, iRacing...), and now, games as a service. Because by the end of the day, all you want is to play dem games anyway.

Nah fuck off

>Why buy when you can rent? Everyone knows that having as little control as possible is always to your benefit. The people who have the power you gave up won't abuse it or anything.

Nice arguments

>what are buyers rights

There is no argument to be had. I like owning the shit. Fuck off.

Even when you buy a game you're just buying a license to play it

DLC isn't the same as games a service you dumb nigger

At least i own that licence.

i mean the same can be said for saas

It's funny because you're the kind of manchild nintendo caters to.
Yet, they'll betray you.

Nintendo does:

Overpriced hardware
Never price drop software
Every single game now has DLC, and bad EA tier cosmetics and not good Sony tier 20 hours expansions
Toys to life
Mobile phone trash
Fucking cardboard

Sup Forums still insists they are the good guys

>what do you get out of the ownership of the games, other than wasted space at home?

Games as a service =/= digital release. You are confusing things here.

Games as a service means that users will be paying continuously instead of once (or a few times for game + expansions). Like WoW vs. Guild wars. These days everyone is moving towards DLC, paid mods and micro-transactions instead of monthly fees though. And it sucks for the consumer for many reasons:
>Can't play the old game if game changes
>Can't play offline or after servers go down
>Much higher total higher cost for full experience
>Can't just buy full experience later

>>what are buyers rights
non-existent.

Depends on the kind of "DLC". Expansions are not a service, but small DLC are.

Yes user, yes, i love it when there is one vendor of games as a medium and the second they get into a dispute about which artist is paid what for renewing said agreement the publisher just takes their ball and goes home instead.

GREAT FUCKING FUTURE user

>posts 4 links
>three of them are decoys to throw you off the scent
You fell for it boyo

>talking about making vidya a service and downloaded titles are a good way to continue on when your flagship console only comes with 32 GB of data internally when shipped.

So basically more games with Splatfests.
I'm okay with this.

fucking nintendo releasing the cut dungeon almost a year after releasing their game. From the data mine, we all knew it was all on disc content.

Proof?

what a waste

Keep in mind that we're talking about a company that can keep it's DLC and update size in the MBs instead of the GBs.

>Games as a service =/= digital release. You are confusing things here.
I enver said that they were the same.
Why i want to own a digital copy of said game?
When you buy a game at Steam, they are only selling you the right to download and use that digital asset.

>Can't play the old game if game changes
Why would i want to play a deprecated version of a game?

>Can't play offline or after servers go down
I remember the days of Tunngle. It was awful.

>Much higher total higher cost for full experience
That isn't necessarily true. I'd pay 5 $ a month instead of 60 upfront if i had the choice. Specially when you buy a game and end up not loking it as much as you thought you would.

>Can't just buy full experience later
Why?

You can call it bullshit all you want. Just look at the number of WoW players.

Good.

The final nail in the coffin.

Of course the NIntenfags will stubbornly lap this up and feed them money until they die.

There is no proof otherwise people would have been playing it on the Wii U day one.

>Sony tier 20 hours expansions
Come back when any sony game is 20 or more hours long so(n)y boy.

A single slide in their briefing telling Splatoon and ARMS model was successfull
>Nintendo is turning into EA guys
Retards

But every Sony game has like 50 hours of cutscene.

Fuckin wew those lads didn’t give a fuck did they god bless

It's kind of sad when you think about it, these terms have been corrupted by the likes of EA and Sony that they're automatically deemed bad.
Just look at when people jumped on SFZ when Miyamoto said it was going to be more "cinematic". I mean the game was shit but it wasn't filled to the brim with cutscenes.

I should have used 'gameplay' instead of 'game'.

>fucking nintendo releasing the cut dungeon almost a year after releasing their game. From the data mine, we all knew it was all on disc content.
Post source or go bullshit elsewhere.

PRAISE LORD TATSUMI

Sup Forums has spent the last half decade saying "Why can't Nintendo be more like Sony or Microsoft? Why can't they just make a normal fucking console? Why can't they just make normal fucking games? Why can't they be more like the other well-dressed, party-going boys in class?"

Well, now they are. Enjoy.

>click bait
You don't know what that means, retard. The title has to sensationalize the story or be deceitful in some way. The titles of these articles are spot on.

CAN’T FOOL ME

Clickbait has come to mean "story I don't want to be true so I'm going to pretend it's fake news." Sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=1IDF-8khS3w

"Games as a service" just means more post-launch content and you can play the game for longer. This isn't a bad thing unless the company does a lazy job or cuts out parts of the finished game to sell later.

>PLEASE CLICK AND SUBSCRIBE
Lol, no thanks

God damn that still gets me every time

>Why would i want to play a deprecated version of a game?
Funny you mention wow players because lots of then would definitely have a lot to say about updates having negative changes to the game. Just look at the nostralius fiasco

>To promote longer gameplay for individual software titles, we plan to implement even more downloadable content and events that build excitement for games
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180201_2e.pdf
>F-f-f-fake news! C-clickbait!

In this case clickbait means "story I have misinterpreted purposely to attract attention from gullible idiots".

B T F O
straight from the source

see

GET FUCKED OP

>Toward Longer Gameplay with a Single Software Title
>even more downloadable content and events that build excitement for games
That's as clear as it gets: Games As A Service. No misinterpretation.

I don't play nintendo games

The fuck's up with your hair.

I fucking hate the "games as a service model" for obvious reasons, but if Nintendo is doing it....I'm sure they'll deliver the quality and enjoyment we've all come to expect from them over the years. If Nintendo goes this route, I'm fine with it, because they'll always make good games and I'll always want to buy them.

>Games As A Service
Except that isn't "Games as a service" in the traditional sense is it.

Sonygro everybody.

After reading your sources:

So releasing DLC to prolong the playerbase's interest in a title = Games as a service?

The fakest news. Relying on people that only read the headline to generate an outrage/troll thread is the lowest tier shit.

Not him but I'm seeing some misinterpretation when it comes to how you're seeing it and what's being said.

It does, and is clickbait. Nintendo wants to release DLC so they can get more out of each individual title

>G-G-GAMES AS A SERVICE!!!! NINTENDO WORSE THAN M$ AND STEAM!!! NINTENDBABBIES BTFO

That is the reaction the people that wrote the article, and in turn, you, are looking for. Fuck off.

>X as a Service

Edit this if it's wrong.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_as_a_service
>Microtransactions represent low-cost purchases, compared to the cost of a full game or a large expansion pack, that provide some form of additional content to the purchaser. The type of content can vary from additional downloadable content; new maps and levels for multiplayer games; new items, weapons, vehicles, clothing, or other gear for the player's character; power-ups and temporary buffs; in-game currency, and elements like loot boxes that provide a random assortment of items and rewards.

>being a nintenshill

retards will defend this

Splatoon 3 is looking good.

They already are. As if Nintendo hasn't already made freemium games.