FFXIV Stormblood Patch 4.2

4.2 has been out for 4 days, what are your thoughts on the patch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CCI-UZtEi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waiting on Eureka as something to do to gear my third on, since by the time it's out my main/secondary will be well on their way to i370.

Thanks SE.

isnt eureka coming out in march they said?

What is the best faction and why is it Ishgard?

got my 370 drop in o6s. it's a good patch

on SAM, does the 50% potency from Kaiten apply to the DoT from Higanbana? what I mean is, will casting kaiten before higanbana make the higanbana dot do more damage or is it just the initial hit?

Yes. It includes the DoT too.

>Do SSS
>Destroy dummy

>Do SSS
>Fail to destroy dummy
>ACT says I did more damage than on the other try I destroyed the dummy

Is it broken or am I missing something

is kindled spirit the best you can reach in the event?

is it possible to remove that yellow and blue auras/particles that pop up whenever you use a skill?
this shit is annoying

it's always the third fight of a tier when the salt comes out of the woodwork, huh

>SSS is an actual place in the Peaks

just as it is in hinterlands?
was pretty obvious

do you need to unlock the astrologian to level boost? can you level boost astro on a fresh character? or do you have to do the msq to level boost one

same as every other patch for the last 4 years

This is your omega final boss

say something nice about him

stuck at 7% o5s enrage
dps are shit.
"no arms length sry"
"missed ghost tether sry"
>literally dying to the first fucking push
been at it for more than 20 total hours. im not even mad anymore, I'm just emotionally dead. It's like Alex all over again.

Just kick them.

>like alex

Your party must be really bad at it because this tier is shit compared to alex

what does yotsuyu know specifically that the garleans want her back so badly

spent 5 hours last night going for o5s clear, finally got it down though thank god. you'll get it eventually keep at it.

I think the fights are more fun than the Alexander ones on average, but they're definitely easier.
I think that's a good thing though, the current difficulty is pretty close to Final Coil, and that's just right for me

>Falconer's Shirt sells like hotcakes
>in the million gil region
>there's still a bunch of shitnuggets who have to undercut by 50k+

PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE THE FINAL BOSS

people undercut by 1 fucking gil on something that sells for millions, what do you expect

Wouldnt it be weird to not fight Omega itself in some form? I mean what happens if we win his tournament anyway?

It can be a bit of a bitch, since getting ghosted later on in the fight seems like a worse DPS loss than dying and getting an immediate rez, and tanks dying both sends everything to shit fairly quickly, and is pretty likely unless they either invuln every tankbuster (which you can actually do with two warriors by the way) or hope to god that the healers remembered to top them off since that shit hits ridiculously hard. I've had people blame me for dying to tankbusters when I had a combined total of 40 or 50% mitigation up.

>why is it Ishgard
Because Ishgard was relevant. Everyone else had their dumb up their ass.

you aren't zeromus, soyboy

thinking if the whole next tier isn't omega he might throw his #3, #2, and #1 at us before taking us on himself

>Sephirot
>Not the big boy himself

>1 fucking gil
I WISH. Did you even read my post? Those fucks undercut by 50.000 to a million and higher, despite it selling earlier for millions of gil. I bet it's the same retards who scream about not having enough gil (for a house).

I do that because I want people to impulse buy.

How do I get people together to raid?

put group in pf, add good players to friends list, ask them if they want to raid when you do

>implying next tier won't be against protagonists of ff games and omega itself

What this guy said. I'm waiting on Eurika before I re-sub. I still have most of patch 4.1 to get through as well.

I'm gunna re-sub to WoW in a few days and play the new allied races for a month.

Retards in this game man, I swear.

what is the easiest melee class besides samurai

Undercutting for 1 gil is pointless. The only way to move product is to undercut big and be the guy who bottoms out the prices before someone else does. I'd rather sell 100 of an item at increasingly lower prices than maybe sell 2-3 of them at full price trying to combat neets that undercut by 1 gil and watch the board all day.

4.2 crafted gear on my server went from fucking 10 million to 1 million. It's fucking malicious, there's no other explanation for this kind of stupidity.

>Omega takes a different route next tier and throws you against warriors of another game instead of at enemies again

its only malicious if people were actually buying it for 10m

its not hard to live the doom strike. tbn/dark mind, sheltron/rampart/sentinel are all enough even without benison/adlo/noct.
ive only seen war struggle with the tankbuster. desu I prefer drk mt, I can basically full time dps with them.
in my exp death after add phase=enrage wipe. ofc so far everything has been enrage wipe for me though. the weakness is too much, so I've been calling resets if a non brd dd dies.
I know.
Monkey is easier than Samurai. It was easier before PB got buffed, it's even easier now.

They were. Constantly sold out.

It's only about 3m on my server. Your server was overpricing anyway. Ridiculous starting prices lead to sharp drops. You started it too high and now you'll suffer for it. It won't recover bc Byakko is easy to clear.

>The savage gimmick of this tier is "Boss activates TRUE FORM!!" for Savage
>O12N has Omega Weapon as the final boss
>Raiders kill Omega in Savage expecting omega weapon's true form to be revealed
>instead, a slash rips across the screen and the glass breaks, as Safer Sephiroth himself comes the fuck out of nowhere to fuck your shit up

I got 100 on the path and got the cards in 7 selections with some luck and we got kindred spirits too. I can't imagine it getting any higher even if you did it in 6 selections.

jokes on you, i currently have some fucking retard undercutting my shit by MILLIONS

LITERAL
FUCKING
MILLIONS OF GIL WHEN IT SELLS PERFECTLY FINE WHAT THE FUCK

>O4S is the final boss of Final Fantasy 5
>O8S is the final boss of Final Fantasy 6
>O12S is the final boss of..?

The savage gimmick of this tier is "Boss activates TRUE FORM!!" for Savage
>O12N has Omega Weapon as the final boss
>Raiders kill Omega in Savage expecting omega weapon's true form to be revealed
>instead, a slash rips across the screen and the glass breaks, as Safer Sephiroth himself comes the fuck out of nowhere to fuck your shit up

ded game

ff7 will probably be their QUICK DEPLOY THE NOSTALGIA BOMBS if the game starts to struggle

youtube.com/watch?v=2CCI-UZtEi4

Outside of creation tome mats (which are already dropping like a rock on my server) they aren't expensive to craft, just time consuming.

Why is the Falconers Shirt so popular?

omegascape will be gilgamesh, necrophobe and omega, im missing one but probably just a filler and for savage omega change to mark II

>It's fucking malicious, there's no other explanation for this kind of stupidity.

How can you be such a fucking retard? It's not hard to see why prices drop/

1) The supply of people who need the item decreases with every sale you make.
2) The more time that passes, the cheaper gathered materials will be since there's more supply.
3) Cheaper costs means people can undercut you.
4) People who don't poopsock crafting on day 1 enter the market and become competition.

Seriously, fuck off.

its one of the best results for the glamour minigame

What do you even get for a good result in the minigame?

I love talkative bosses

You're stupid as shit. It wasn't a gradual decline it was 10 million to 1 million.

Anyone paying 10mil for that shit deserves to be robbed of their gil.

And the price didn't bounce back to your grossly overpriced one.
I wonder why?

MGP and im assuming unique glamours if you consistently do well

I checked the price history and didn't see anybody buying them even at 5-9m
Gilgameme

>Day 1 of the patch
>Gear is always selling at 10 million
>Better undercut by a massive amount and mass produce so that the price will never recover for no conceivable reason

ninja because you're a 2000 rdps lantern and you have the least positionals out of all the melees

>glamour prisms are no longer separate types
>can’t use seals to buy dozens of the currently best selling types and then flood the market with them for mad gil
>never got a chance to make more than 10 million gil selling glamour to marketboard retards and sprouts

sad day

>People undercutting the byakko crafting mat by 500k at a time
Why is this allowed

What server you on?

And how much does it cost to make?

Odin.
When I put up my mat it went for almost 6 mil. It's now down to 1.8 mil

It's under Character Configuration, Battle Effects.

>get psyched for Byakko """""throne"""""
>it's just a slightly bigger chair with a tiger head on it

Virtually nothing.

how comes Sup Forums doesn't play together in cross server pf?

>All these people who expect to make 10000% profits any time they craft something
>It's always that way for the first 2 days and then drops like a stone

Just enjoy the millions of gil made the first few days anons. Coast along on that phat gil pile.

not 10 fucking million.
not 1 million.
dumbass overpriced it, so the price will never recover. If he set a more reasonable price like 7m his shit would still be selling and nobody would have tried to undercut at 1m.
econ101.
not even 101, because they dont teach such basic shit. Anybody allowed out of the house should know this.

>Have a Falconer Shirt in my inventory

Cool. Gonna go undercut somebody and sell it for a huge profit.

>implying I want my character and potential personal information be known by the likes of you

You're an idiot. It was selling at 10 million, why the fuck would you undercut?

Because I've got 5 of them crafted and I want to sell them before you start undercutting me. Also I have 10 more on the way so GG.

You're a fucking liar, there's no way it was selling at 10m.

They absolutely were.

Keep in mind that those buying heavyly undercut items are usually the super rich crafters and resellers.

*Undercuts u*

They're taking a risk on buying something that may never recover and go up in price again.

It's no risk to them.

If the rumors are true and Stormblood has a longer Patch cycle than Heavensward, I can see the next tier being FFVII (Materia Keeper, Lost Number, JENOVA, Sephiroth) and Omega being a 4th tier onto himself. Perhaps even getting the Ultimate treatment.

>glamour dresser'd my shirt before i knew how popular it was
>

you mean tiny big boi, in his own mind while inside his own dimesnion

Well sure it's just virtual currency, but buying an item solely for the purpose of reselling becomes a net loss if you don't sell it for at least 5% more.

why are people expecting VII and not IV? it's a SNES FF and the final boss has a transition

because its going in order....

It's only popular because Fashion Report today. Tomorrow prices will tank again. ALso, Glamours count for it.

>using Glamour dresser

>5 scape
>6 scape
>NPCs talk about "surpassing your limits" aka Limit Breaks
>Nero poisoned, probably Hojo for a cure
>O12 has to be Omega-related because final fight of the series, what's the closest thing to Omega? Jenova. Jenova-Omega Hybrid inc

I'm sorry for not wanting lvl 1 clothes cluttering my inventory's?

I'm not sure why people have been complaining about it, I've found it pretty handy just for freeing up inventory space. Besides that it's pretty fuckin' great if you have two jobs that share the same gear that you want glammed differently.