FFXV:

Today I will remind them...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dnLu5VSdYAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why. Why did they even bother. Why.

I don't understand

Wait so is the circle the only explorable area in the final game?

No, that tiny rectangle underneath that circle is the only explorable area. Granted, it's just one out of three continents, but they're all like that. When the cut content exceeds your finished content many tens of times over, it makes me wonder why they bothered releasing it at all.

What a fucking waste of potential and yet FF fanboys praise this shit for being early access empty open world game with multiple season passes. Worst fanbase on this planet

I'll enjoy it for what it is, but I would never rate it anything above a 7 out of 10, not unless those extra bosses in the royal edition really fucking blow me away.

Imagine how many hundreds of hundreds of gigabytes of data it would have been instead

it's already like 80 sitting on my ps4 right now

I can't decide whether the solution should be

A. Just make it an MMO, since they clearly treat it like one.

B. Make it three games like it was originally supposed to be. They clearly have no qualms about delivering content piecemeal over a long period of time.

C. Ease back on the ridiculously overwrought graphics. Final Fantasy has had a pseudo-anime style for a while now. Maybe they should just throw in the towel and make it full-blown anime so they can use cel shading instead like a lot of anime games. Nintendo skips out on the graphics and they seem to do just fine.

The graphics are part of the problem. For one they seem to be incapable of optimizing for shit, and they decided to give the characters untold numbers of polygon's to where Noctis' asshole has more geometry than the entire CRPG genre. It's even more jarring when you see the main cast with all those polygon's to give them such nice models, then their non-combat animations are horrendous and every NPC in the game has significantly lower quality than the main cast.

90GB now with the new update, it'll like be over 110 once the Royal Edition comes out.

Play FFXII to get your fix

Look at all dem hallways

Better than look at this empty brown and empty green space with nothing to do

I think your thinking of the game that came after XII.

Your fix for what? Cul-de-sacs? A lack of airship functionality? Chocobos with wasting disease that can only operate for a few minutes at a time? Weather cycles that fuck with the spawn rates in a game that prominently features hunting and item grinding? A world map of a scale that pales in comparison to every other Final Fantasy that came before it?

>No, that tiny rectangle underneath that circle is the only explorable area

Nah, that circle is indeed the main region in the game. Landmarks and structures match up.

Makes you wonder why the rest of the map was ditched. Maybe they just never had the time and resources to develop it.

Oh shit, you're right. I didn't recognize it because they tweaked the leftmost part of the encircled area to include the Vesperpool and Mount Doom or whatever the fuck that volcano was called.

>Maybe they just never had the time and resources to develop it.
Most likely that one, they took 3 or so years just to get the part of the map that is in the game to work, they would likely need another 4 or 5 years if they wanted a map that size.(Or maybe they could have reworked it into just big open areas that you stop at on your trip rather than just be open world.)

I'm bummed that only the A-lister summons got into the game to pander to nostalgiafags. Where's Phoenix or Alexander or Diabolos or Hades or Atomos? They didn't even add Odin, the only other summon that's been around since the beginning. Also, why no Bahumut summon unlock for continuing from a finished save file? Why is his attack "Ultima Blade" when there's already an Ultima Blade in the game? It should be mega flare and everyone knows it. There's just some things you don't mess with.

It's won't.

The "expanded insomnia" is just a long linear area just to get to the robot boss.

All the 13 kings fight are 1-3 moves and you can never die.

t.playtester.

Fucking this.

The jerking off to "Technology" is the only thing that is killing mainline FF game. They would save their budget if they went with a pseudo-cell shaded style. But naaaah fuck that; they actually want the GTA audience.

Someone is suffering from the ol'Final Fantasy disease.

There's only one way that the combat in FF15 can blow me away anymore, and that's if they implicate a limited "combat inventory" like they did with Kingdom Hearts. I've heard of not learning from your past mistakes, but Square seems to be un-learning from their past successes, so now we have problems with solutions that already exist but are not being implemented for some reason. You can throw yourself in the deep end in this game and just brute force your way through because, at any time, you can just fall back on your 99 potions, 99 hi-potions, 99 mega-potions, 99 elixirs, 99 hi-elixirs, and 99 phoenix down. Just make it so that the player can only reach a maximum of 5 or so items during combat, and BAM, difficulty curve fixed.

>they actually want the GTA audience
If only that were true. Teleporting to any surface at will, dating all the 10/10 girls that you're not allowed to have, dating all the 10/10 boys that you're not allowed to have, killing Dave for telling you to get one more fucking dog tag...

The game had shit difficulty anyway with a lot of things that aren’t even in your control, especially your party members getting fucking wrecked. I’m not sure limiting item use in that regard would fix anything unless your teammates could use magic for healing and shit.

that was really jarring they could have easily dropped the poly count to like 30k for each character and be fine. Then spent the remaining GPU power to improve the LOD and world.

>Ease back on the ridiculously overwrought graphics
If this doesn't happen FF series will just get worse/stay shit.

>ffXII
>hallways

what

>C. Ease back on the ridiculously overwrought graphics.
I really with they'd make a 3D game but with Amano's artstyle. Imagine an entire Final Fantasy game looking similar to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=dnLu5VSdYAg

Oh, you mean Dissidia.

Nah, Dissidia is much closer to Nomura's artstyle.

Has the Cid model been extracted from the benchmark yet?

But they've got all the trailing shreds of fabric and excess jewelry that Amano prefers. One look at either Tidus or Sephiroth should tell you what you need to know.

Seriously what good is a massive world if there's no actual content to support it?

What is a "benchmark"? I don't think I've heard that term before. Must not be lurking enough.

Ask the retarded normies who ask for it every fucking time.

Normal fags LOVE open world games for some reason despite being shit EVERY. TIME.

I am glad they are not going that route; let the lower budget games deal with all the cel-shaded shit.

I agree though that the tech dick-waving needs to go, but they could have used this time to improve the product; shame the engine is kinda shit though.

>small world map

I think at this point you lost your mind

m-mods will fix it

I didn't say it was small. I said it was small in scale. There's a difference, namely that scale is not so literal. I'm sure if you measure up the distance, Ivalice is quite big, but it still feels small because you're not exploring the whole world anymore; you're only exploring a small part of the world. The two concepts don't always line up, of course; in FF2, you explore the whole world, yet it still feels small. FF4 is the best of both: it feels big because it is big. Then, of course, you have FF15, which is neither big nor does it feel so.