How come only euros stream this game?
Every time I wanna watch games I have to tune at stupid hours

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1T4UKBST8P0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because AoE2 is better

AoM is underrated

possibly the most fun of the age of games, but its also an unbalanced pos

I can't get this to work on Steam. The steam forums are not much help.

Why. Why won't muh game run?

>I want to play AoE II
>I want to play AoM

Why would you want that when RoN exists?
I've grown up with AoE II but soon enough realized RoN was the superior game.

ISIS HEAR MY PLEA

AoM > AoE > RoN

Because RTS is only alive in Europe nowadays (mainly Germany and Russia), unless you want to watch gookclick then it's SK.

The territory system meant you couldn't do cool shit like sneak a villager behind enemy lines, build up a force and attack them from the back. And the infinite resources sucked too

Lol, no.

>playing Isis
>whoops, you can't attack med with god powers silly enemy ;)
>playing Gaia
>hehe, don't build near my base or my trees, stupid enemy~
>playing Atlanteans
>several god powers in each slot lmao
>playing Chinese
>free resources from gardens :^)

meanwhile
>playing Norse
>everything is terrible in terms of collecting resources
>playing Egyptians
>take forever to get anything done because the villagers hardly work
>playing Greek
>as vanilla as it can get (aka dull)

Are Norse that bad, dwaves get a shit-ton of gold, and I could just stick all my gatherers on wood duty, whilst I get hordes of throwing axemen to fuck up the other guy, and build longhouses next to their base to shit out even more throwing axemen

>different civs are different

Also
>as vanilla as it can get (aka dull)
Do you even enjoy RTS'?

>that one custom map where everyone has a Norse stronghold and it's a battle royale to see who survives
AoM had great custom games. I remember spending so much time on the RPGs (and I made a couple of maps).

>Do you even enjoy RTS'?
Of course, but in AoM the Greeks are by far the most dull. I always end up playing Atlanteans, Egyptians or Chinese.

They are hard to play efficiently compared to the other civs. The other civs can be casualed easily, but the Norse demand a lot more work and micro-managing of simple things.

Steam version is shit. Somehow its buggy and runs worse now even if back in the day it was perfect

So the Norse are the Zerg of AoM, Egyptians are Protoss and Greek are Terran?

>got Win10 version for free because they delayed AoE:DE
Still haven't redeemed it, though.

>play as Egypt
>spam workers
>spam Anubis fighters
>conquer settlement after settlement
>more workers
>eternal expansion
>conquer more settlements
>more workers
>more Anubis fighters"

*hops your wall*

more like the egyptians are the zerg

How can other civilizations even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=1T4UKBST8P0

norse are very non viable, dwarfs are nothing compared to the early game bonuses that most other civs have, any egyptian using their pharaoh even slightly efficiently is stronger and compared to greeks the norse don't have an adequate response to early toxiote pressure

Isis is my waifu

>Still have original Gold Edition CD
>Won't run on Win10 because of shitty CDKey not registering
Fuck it, I don't need to learn how to autistically hotkey and micromanage anyway
;_;

Prostagma?

Honestly I'm surprised anybody streams this game at all. Why were you expecting to find a huge community for a 16-year-old game?

by being chinese

I feel like one day I'd like to stream myself doing the AoM campaign on Titan difficulty.

>tfw being a little kid
>only games on computer were AoM, Need for Speed and GTA Vice City
>Vice City and Need for Speed were in english, so I mostly wouldn't play them
>AoM was the first game I played in my language
>first time seeing how a game can have a storyline
>loved to read all the description of mythologies and such
>just having fun without caring
>game made me love mythology to this day
Fuck Sup Forums, why you gotta bring these memories to me?

FEEREFTEES

Vulome.

>tfw too much of a brainlet/reactionlet for RTS

IN WEDGE?

I know that feel. It's hard for me to keep track of everything, the scouts, army, villagers, buildings, boats, researches, etc. I'll just stick to my MOBA and FPS games.

kys retards

You just need to git gud through practice.
>Replaying AoM
>Decide to put it on Hard to spice it up.
>AI pushes my shit up my asshole three or four missions in it, the cheesy way (spamming hordes of units, being aggresive, etc).
>Try to pay more attention to units' strengths, building chokepoints with towers and walls and taking more resources early on.
>Fight with teeth and nails through many of the maps.
>Fuck digging out the Tree's roots.
>Fuck assaulting the fortress in the island.
>Fuck many, if not all, of the Norse missions.

It was a nice ride. Just enjoy it on easy while you get the ropes of it. Every RTS is a beast of its own to tame.
You haven't seen nothing once you have to macro your flying units in Empire Earth.

Speaking of missions, which civilization had the best scenarios in the campaign? For me:
Norse > Egyption > Greek

>Enemy has Son of Osiris
>You wasted your lightning strike on a scout

I prefer the egyptian part, even though there is so many gimmicks that mean you can ignore it you usually are able to build a base and go right to the mythic age to play with your stuff, in the norse campaign you are stuck with heroic age only for all but 2 missions

>Ra or Isis player
>not expecting SoO
Your own fault.

>archaic age god power beats a mythic age god power
It's not even worth it to get SoO. Can't even heal him.

>it's not worth having the best unit in the game

I liked all the scenarios and civs, really. Each had good moments, a great way to introduce units and each map tried different thing besides just building a base, making the flow of each campaign very enjoyable.
Greeks, for the references and hero-only maps. Egyptians, for settlement managing and always feeling on the run; that everybody was after your throat. Norse, for the setting and the value you had to put on your units (RIP Chiron). Atlanteans, for the whole Castor story.

>Best unit.
But that's not O CANADA

PROSTAGMA

>yfw playing Loki, choosing Hel to get all the giants, and spamming Hersir

loki gets the ultimate late game bullshit combo, cheaper myth units + hersir randomly summoning units guides you to using more of them which gets you more favor so when you get hel and get her god tech to make myth units near instantly you can earn ass loads of favor and spam mountain or fire giants constantly

>Remember playing the perfect version of Cannibal Survival by Exolar
>Can't find the file on aomheaven

>When a Hersir summons a giant out of thin air mid-battle.
I didn't believe the tech description until I saw it with my own eyes.

That's not Nidhogg

>that one mod that made it possible to rotate buildings
Thank god for that

Me, here. I can't fucking spend my resources. I'm so slow I always underproduce stuff and get my shit kicked early on.

It's a shame the China expansion was so bad that it fucking killed the game for good. Even Age of Empires III is more alive.

Invest on villagers/peasants early on.
Your goal is not to amass a lot of resources, but to assure a considerable flow of them as you spend on units, techs and buildings.
Wood is your friend.

>Nighogg

>that screenshot
>no Eclipse/Ancestor combo

Was the expansion that bad? please explain.

introduced blatantly overpowered civ to sell copies.

that's fucking awful. a shame