What's the difference between the two images?

What's the difference between the two images?

the left went for a high quality realistic look for their setting and the one on the right is a cartoon

You tell me, brainboy.

>Realistic
>Hippo is swimming in lava

Have you ever heard someone say hippos can't swim in lava?

Tropical Freeze is better

yeah it just works

'bout 19 years and the atlantic ocean

The one on the left is a masterclass in every aspect of game design. The one on the right raped Rare’s legacy.

one is more built (its hard to articulate this correctly)like a stationary world, the other is built like a rollarcoaster/conveyor belt

The left has better atmosphere owed to a consistent art direction that makes the world feel lived-in and your adventure insurmountable-- it's intimidating; On the right, everything looks pristine and flat and made out of plastic. Look at the trees for instance-- they look like they're made of rubber, instead of hard jagged edges and protusions.

Meh

Nothing. I'm just seeing two shitty games.

Fuck off Shiggy.

>Diddy's Kong quest
>Diddy (possessive) Kong quest
>Diddy and his kong quest
So his name isn't actually Diddy "Kong"? And what's a Kong quest?

What'd you say you cousin-fucker white piece of shit?

it's a pun on Conquest, you brainlet

what did he mean by this?

both games are actually pretty good. DKC2 was leading in graphics technology and really pushed the SNES to its limits for its time, but its mechanics differ from Tropical freeze. If anything, the returns series is more of a spiritual successor.

Summarised the gameplay pretty well. It's apples and oranges, both are good.

Aesthetically, DKC2's style is hard to describe.
The whole 3D rendered sprite thing is really strange, it manages to be cartoonish and colourful, but gloomy and pseudo-realistic at the same time, it somehow fits the difficulty level and gameplay like a glove.
Tropical Freeze definitely failed in that aspect, it's just too fucking cutesy

This is actually a textbook example of autism.

Left is by awesome 90s Brits
Right is by Denis 'what are textures and palettes' Villeneuve

The SNES games pale in comparison to the Returns series level design. Hell the level that lava pic is from is tedious as hell.

Tropical Freeze>DKC 2>DKC>Returns>DKC 3

Left had actual level design, right had set pieces and gimmicks.

left is kino

>The SNES games pale in comparison to the Returns series level design
>actually believing this
>having no clue what level design is
I really, really hope this industry crashes soon.

The left was the best game in the series until the right came out and took that title for itself.

Nothing, they're both worse than DKC3

someone knows the truth.

DKC3 is kino, people get angry because 'muh no david wise' and that mario 64 was released at the same time as it

This. Why do nostalgiafags always hide behind the "game design" argument, knowing full well that the game they're usually arguing against has vastly improved game design in comparison?

Tropical Freeze absolutely SHITS on any of the previous DKC games in this regard.

Not him, but if you're such an expert in game design then why don't you explain why DKC2 has superior level design?

None of the TF fags ever explain why it has better level design. It has more set-pieces and gimmicks, and the main method of acquiring collectibles is by stomping around in front of background objects, completely ruining the flow. Also, the weighty physics suck. DKC trilogy has level design that forces you to maintain a flow, and works in tandem with the precise handling you're required to use. It's just faster, better paced, requires quick reflexes and memorization. I've played DKC 2 over 10 times to completion. I've played TF twice and get bored by the halfway point. The levels feel like a slog.

You can literally watch any DK Tropical Freeze speedrun to prove you wrong. The levels are designed to be beaten fast.