This Subnautica threadmatches 7 of the 9 preconditions for stimulating terror in humans

This Subnautica threadmatches 7 of the 9 preconditions for stimulating terror in humans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=the0rRee7bw
youtube.com/watch?v=dgZD2STt_OU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But how can I be in terror when you post man's best friend.

Just beat the game, tell me what to do for Round 2

My list so far:
>Permadeath
>Filmic
>No waypoints except for Radio & Beacon
>Vive VR

What else boyos?

WHERE TO FIND SCHEMATICS FOR HOOKER MOP?

ENGINE

POWERING

UP!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the only possible replayability I can see with this game is speed running

a vomit bag i assume

No island. Get every wreck

Is the inactive lava zone a good place for a base?

>No Island
What are the implications?

why not just build at the meme tree?

Basically no fruits and veggies and no ez base pieces

I want to use thermal power for minimum maintenance.

>meme tree
what?

So is there any way to mess with the texture files yet? I wanna put my OC edgelord in safe water to try to look edgy while surrounded by cute sea creatures.

Do you want the fauxhawk on or off?

Does the Sunbeam make a new wreck, or does it just magically disintegrate

Oh that's easy, I was too dumb to find edible fruit anyways! No easy MP room will suck though. I'll do it.

Meme tree has 3 thermal vents right next to each other, with another ~2-3 power lines away, and another 3 vents ~10-15 power lines away

"Ok folks, who all will be represented in this game?"
>black man
"Obligatory!"
>black woman
"Of course!
>white woman
Sure..."
>white male
"Now you wait one goddamn minute you fucking racist nazi"
>asian male
"MUCH better"

looks like nothing of value was lost on the aurora

>that smug face, looking at the player.
What did they mean with this?

>he doesn't know

>Designed by Dreamworks

why do people like this game, it's literally just an aquatic no man's sky. you all must be shills

an aquatic, fun, no man's sky*

Nice try, but No Man's Sky has no POCs in it

I watch videos of this game and am just bored af but underwater games are always fun somehow, i played a shit ton of depth, that is pure nightmare fuel at night with headphones on at times :DDD

I found a picture of the main character's gf.

>Ryley was a janitor
No way. Only gf he had was a hooker mop

You mean the town bike? She's on everyone's locker

Considering Alterra's policies, she may very well have been a prostitute
Imagine if the Aurora had its own personal whorehouse

i presume she's just some actress or singer who's a popular sex symbol

>Average American by 2050

Hey boys I am a little over 3 hours in and I am loving it. I was the user that was terrified of the shallows a few days ago but look at me now, I just built the seamoth a few minutes ago and I have traveled to two biomes, amazing game.

What I want to know is where both this chick and Ryley got their luminescent highlights

in one of the pdas on the aurora it's implied she's the town bike.

I don't think it's a highlight, but rather one of those things people put in their hair.

youtube.com/watch?v=the0rRee7bw

You mean the chick who went off to bang a chad with a robot?

The weakest parts of the game are the story and survival, everything else is great or excellent.
There are almost no production chains, there are no resources vital to survival, you just drink water and drink water, then drink water and occasionally stab some fish with the hot knife and seek fluid intake after that.
No hunting, no creatures that are important in any way or involved in crafting (besides stalkers, but they don't even drop their teeth when killed). It would've be really interesting to hunt leviathans, not even to kill them, but to get the sample of their skin or teeth shard for example, and then run away, but there is nothing like that in the game.
Farming is rudimentary, you can skip it entirely, the only processed food is cured fish. Basebuilding isn't that essential either, you don't need to generate oxygen, all your energy needs are covered by a few sun batteries + thermal one. The energy is magically stored in the generators, there are no batteries. T
here is a shitton of resources in the game that are needed just for a few upgrades and then forgotten. I gathered 36 uranite crystals hoping that they would be necessary somewhere, but didn't even got the blueprint for the nuclear reactor (which just isn't needed either) and then just flew away on Neptune.
I don't get why the knife and the flashlight take slots and why there are no quickslots besides 1-5. Aliens structures are empty and generic, the could've easily ripped-off some Lovecraft for style and atmosphere, but consciously chose not to. The only "aylium" things that you can craft or get are cubes, keys and energy batteries, which is a waste.
It seems to me that the developers couldn't entirely decide whether they wanted to make underwater theme-park game or a survival game, so they just did neither. I really hope that there will be a few huge DLC with new creatures, biomes, modules and production overhaul, this game has so much fucking potential, but it's clearly isn't finished.

What's beyond the meme tree? Can't go down there yet because I was too lazy actually, afraid to drive the cyclops to Lost River.

In active and active volcano zone, get ready to get shot by fireballs

It's magic, which is boring.

Nice, guess it's time for the endgame

I just went and watched the Sunbeam explode. Is there any use for the extra tablet and ion cubes I found, or are they just extras to make sure you find at least the ones you need for that sequence?

This is the face of someone destined to fuck dooks

excellent posts like this are why this subreddit is my favorite desu

what a fucking cuck

*teleports you out of your prawn*
heh nothing personel kid

>On my way to repeal your net neutrality

>literally asking for spoilers

why do people do this?

Keep them around

makes the lava zone cancerous as fuck

you will find other uses for them even in crafting so you should stockpile them as you find them.

MP room and purifier is in the jellyshroom caves. Growbeds are the only real bitch.

The mushroom tree in the north west mushroom forest?

alright, thanks

I like the right two.

>no island = no growbeds
fuck, do I have to use dual alien containment for kelp then

Starting a second game after beating it.

This time I want to make bases in interesting places, but I need to make a cuckshed first to house battery chargers and a moonpool. Anyone got any tips for a minimalist base? Where should I put it?

>you can grow kelp

shit. im growing blood oil and a bunch of other shit 60 hours in, never thought to plant kelp. wew

keep up the good work user

The tree in the brine river.

>brine

is that what the white stuff in lost river is? im playing on potato graphics

it's getting better
I still don't know how to build my base, send help

use the CROSS JUNCTION corridor piece, looks like an X.
pop free standing lockers next to every wall. Add windows and fabricator and shit on the end pieces.

costs next to nothing to make and has enough storage to take you to end game honestly.

upgrading after that is more about deluding yourself into thinking there are any challenges left remaining, unfortunately.

How long would it take me to stab the sea dragon to death with the thermoblade and stasis rifle?

It's supposed to be green, and yes.
Don't touch it

youtube.com/watch?v=dgZD2STt_OU

I had a warper near my base, every time I took out my prawn he teleported me out of it, I got back in, punched him in the face and he teleported away.
Only to come back the next day. Robo-punching him every morning became just another routine.

Hm. What does this mean?

>explore the aurora
>can't find the code to the captain's quarter
>check wiki
>you get it later "into the game"
>come back to base
>listen to radio
>they give me the code

well I see white stuff and green stuff. the white isnt poisonous

>checked wiki

Kiss me user. I'm your mother.

Hm. What a nice couple.

Holy shit they're still in the game? I haven't seen them, are they on some rocks on the shallows?

I wanted to hug her desu

would gladly stay on the planet with water waifu

That's where I found them yeah. I tried to release some to save them for later but they wouldn't stick to regular landscape rock so they just started attaching themselves to poor fish

How the fuck is magnetite more rare than diamond? I'm finding more diamonds than magnetite.

why don't people use nuclear more? There's so much fucking uranium around

You're looking in the wrong place, you imbecile

>permadeath
If only shit wasn't so buggy.

Then where the fuck do I get it?

Cross junction it is, I have a nice idea for a symmetrical base with two MPRs and a moonpool to keep me early game. It's just a stone's throw from the crash zone, parked on top of a rock pillar.

There's not much challenge now I've beat the game but I'm going to try stuff like on this new playthrough. I'm going to be less frugal and roleplay a bit.

Jellyshroom Cave

>that cute little thiccy

whoa

>shoot a poison torpedo from my seamoth just to test it out
>it creates a black hole that rips me out of the seamoth and swallows it along with everything else in the immediate area
???

You can still get the 4 slot plant pots from wrecks.

So what's up with the final parts of the game?
So the ayys were looking for a cure but couldn't make the baby emperors hatch and then mom just likes your no gun attitude, gives you some of her magical cum formula so you make babies who cure you and the whole planet with their shit?
Did I get that right?

sounds like you fired a vortex torpedo instead of an auschwitz torpedo

yo i asked this last thread before it died but does the game delete your save file when you launch the rocket?
i need to know this i don't want to lose my cool seabase forever

The aliens almost found a way to make the eggs hatch but then they got fucking dumped on by a sea dragon.

I tried using torpedoes once and I wasn't satisfied
It'd be more expedient just punching a leviathan with vanilla PRAWN fists than learning how to use finicky torps

Basically yeah. Also I think it had something to do with the forceful painful methods of the ayys in their efforts to cure the disease.

The one with the snakefish in mushrooms?

>why don't people use nuclear more?
i went through the whole game without ever finding it, the stasis rifle, the stillsuit, and the reinforced suit

I bought the game while it was Christmas, 7 hours in and I still haven't seen 'em. When I pirated the early access they were everywhere