Dragon Quest XI

I love this game.

>taking pictures of your tv

Can you pat her head?

Sadly no.

Fuck off and die in a gutter, pedophile.

I hope the Switch version comes at the same time as the ps4 version.

how was XI revived? I feel like I havne't heard anything either way about it.

What do you mean revived?

>being nice to little girls = pedophile
well technically yeah

Those are big flowers.

>>>/tumblr/

>still no western release or even a release date
They totally won't pull a Dragon Quest X on us, r-right?

>revived
Did you mean "received"? From what I've seen in JP Twitter, opinions are widely very positive. It's a solid entry in the series, and people seem to like the cast a lot, like Hori was hoping.

Who's that semen demon?

They never announced a localization of X. Who knows what the fuck they're doing right now though. The radio silence is fucking torture.

Do they like the homo

Emma, the childhood friend and love interest of the hero of Dragon Quest XI. She's not usually a loli, just for spoiler reasons. She's also worst girl of all the hero's non-options.

>studied moon for 6 months
>decide to try a game with no furigana
>DQM on 3DS
>oh fuck I understand .2% of this
Does it ever get easier bro

Yes and so do I. Silvia is one of the most fun characters.

Yeah. Sylvia took third place for favorite character in the Famitsu poll, if I remember right.

It only gets harder if you actually want to git gud

Japan caught the gay

Did they add anything substantial to the formula in XI or is it just another DQ game?

The core of the experience is the same. Dragon Quest staying Dragon Quest even as new features are added and things are changed up a bit here and there is one of its major selling points.

>Invisible walls

The main producer for DQX said in an early interview "of course we're working ot localize Dragon Quest X." Then two years later, the head of marketing came out and said they weren't going to localize it. Then we had many years of non committed "maybe if the fans beg enough". Which of course meant they weren't.

I still feel like every DQ should have jobs. The skill panel in 11 is not bad but it's honestly not as fun as jobs.

If you must have this feeling of characters being unique, then make certain jobs exclusive to certain characters.

Invisible walls >>> insurmountable small fences/shrubs/etc and all paths between towns being encased by water/cliffs

And? Every open world game has them if you look hard enough. Even Dragon Quest VIII.

I feel the exact opposite. Jobs aren't bad, but I feel like the skill system in DQVIII was a massive improvement. Because in DQVI and VII, you constantly had to go back to the Dharma Temple and change stuff, otherwise you lose job points. The skill system in DQVIII and the following games means you can just spend points anywhere. Even in the middle of a dungeon.

OP here. I had to grind hard for about three years before I could stop being totally reliant on looking up vocabulary. After that it became an occasional thing. Now, 6 years in, it's a total breeze. I've played DQXI for 8 hours as of now and talked to about every npc I could see, and I've only looked up one word: ねぐら (塒)
If I can give you only one advice: Never avoid challenging material (VNs, LNs, wikipedia articles++)

We'll have to agree to disagree but I think your opinion is shit.

Okay. There's still plenty of DQ games with jobs so I don't know why we have to argue about it.

>that Senya
I need more DQ reaction images

I wasn't all that excited for this game despite being a huge DQ fan, it just looks so generic and unambitious
But then a Japanese friend who's also a massive fan and also was doubting the game ended up loving it so much he told me it may be the best one since V or at least VIII and will probably end up being one of his favorites, if not his number one
He says the characters are just fantastic and defy the tropes you usually see in a DQ game
Now I'm really looking forward to it, I can't fucking wait till it's in English. I do honestly hope they add VA to at least the CG cutscenes and voice grunts and shit, the friend said the complete lack of any voice at all is really jarring

>He says the characters are just fantastic and defy the tropes you usually see in a DQ game
Which is what DQV and VIII already did. It's kind f sad people still think Dragon Quest is a generic series when it keeps subverting itself over and over.

Well, that'd be why V and VIII are our favorites, user.
I guess instead of "tropes you usually see in a DQ game" I should say ones you usually see in a JRPG, and when we first saw XI we were disappointed because the characters didn't stand out to us, but he was blown away by their actual implementation.
The lesson here is to never doubt DQ and Horii