They were all dead

They were all dead.

The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had lead to this Max Payne thread

I released my finger from the trigger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7_euV9oUJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uiPC-2_l9Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=TepSYnRmcyk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1184013727
youtube.com/watch?v=W4otH3xdzEo
youtube.com/watch?v=VaDNGoVKfDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IT'S PAYNE!
WHACK HIM!

/thread

I WANT A FULL BLOWN MONA SAX GAME. I DON'T KNOW HOW IT CAN BE DONE, BUT I WANT IT.

Sam is so cute :3

Do you guys use any mods?

post your sam reimi pics

play WET on 360/ps3

fuck, i mean sam lake

I just finished the first game and there is already a fuck ton of cutscenes, there's no way the third can have more than this.

Wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=t7_euV9oUJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uiPC-2_l9Dg

Why is he called Sam if he's a Finn? Seems like a very unsual name

His real name is Sami Järvi
Järvi is Finnish for lake

Sam Lake is effectively an artist name.

that makes sense, thanks

Lmao, 1 have NOTHING on 3, 3 have more cutscenes in the first mission than all of 1

his real name is Sami Järvi but he uses the muricanized version as his artist name

oh shit

Oh boy you are in for the surprise. Also 3rd isnt anything alike 1 and 2 keep that in mind.

>see Sam Lake interview
>He doesn't sound like Max Payne at all
I know it makes sense but it's still disappointing

Does 1 even have cutscenes apart from the beginning/ending? I don't count the short 4 second camera pans as cutscenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=TepSYnRmcyk

Find an interview with the guy who lent his likeness for Alan Wake if you want a trip.

I never did back in the day but I installed kung fu mod and replaying MP1 is a blast.

>want to replay 1 and 2
>they dont work on windows 7
cucked again

If you don't count those little camera pans then no. The graphic novel thing suited it more than cutscenes would anyway.
>dont work on Win7
Bullshit, I can play 2 just fine on Win7, on a shitty craptop nonetheless.

They worked fine on Windows 8 for me. They didn't work on Window 10 though.

I'm playing it on Windows 10 needing nothing but a sound patch for fucks sake. Git gud.

You totally can
There are fan made patches for the sound and visuals
Check PCGamingwiki or a steam guide
A bit antiquated but far better than a lot of older windows games

SEU FILHO DA PUTA

I have MP1 running right now... All you need is the soundfix but it's still totally playable without it
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1184013727

Will we ever get another Max Payne game? I wont be satisfied till I see him die.

>Max Payne 3.
Was a fucking beast.

They both work and i have them installed. The first game needs some sound patch or some shit like that.

I'm fairly certain the story is done. Max got a happy ending, the end.

>Will we ever get another Max Payne game?
This is all i have so far.
> The next game from Max Payne developer, Remedy Games is almost certainly heading to PlayStation 4, among other platforms. Remedy announced today that it's working on a project codenamed P7 and its strategy is to release the title on a wider range of platforms.

THE
PINK
FLAMINGO

>Over triple
Christ

GO GO GO

This motherfucker....

wrong post

Its good but its not a max payne game. Aside from that the 60% of playtime are cutscenes level desing is poor and every level is basically an arena where you have to clear waves of enemies who are running at you for no reason.

So why are there bi-daily Max Payne threads on Sup Forums now? Is this shilling? Latest from Remedy is they're working on two new games and they've said neither of them is related to Alan Wake. Are they related to Max Payne tho?

>Are they related to Max Payne tho?
Rockstar owns the IP now. So if Remedy aren't making Alan Wake 2 or Quantum Break 2, I don't see how this is shilling

I miss it bros...

>Remedy
Remedy doesn't own the Max Payne IP, Take Two does after Remedy sold it to them for 10 million and some Take Two stock.

There is a compatibility patch. I think you also need another patch for the sound to work too.

I can't speak for everyone but I picked up all three in the latest humble bundle, having played 1 and 2 ages ago and 3 on console. There are probably a decent amount of people replaying or playing them for the first time due to that

>IT'S PAYNE on the bottle
Got me grinning.
>I had a permanent, constipated grin on my face

Anyone else actually really like Quantum Break?
Sure the tv portions of it were pretty shit, but the story and gameplay are fucking great. I mean, the actual gameplay. Not walking around with the camera over your shoulder or the platforming parts.

>why are people talking about a great series that created bullet time in video games and had great noir style presentation, excellent voice work and strong vision
Are you going to post wojack now, user, and finish earning your cuck title?

what did they mean by this

the guy who killed him was called Blife

niagara as in you cry a lot?

bruh I just want fucking Adam Wake 2 already. No American nightmare doesn't fucking count, that shit was mediocre as fuck.

>waves of enemies who run at you for no reason
What is a Max Payne game. Also even with cutscenes 3 has way more gameplay than 2 did.

american nightmare canon ending

FUCK YOU

You see this before?
youtube.com/watch?v=W4otH3xdzEo
NEVER EVER :((((((

Or how about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=VaDNGoVKfDw

>no shooter that will ever have the gunplay of max payne 2, the physics of 3, and the pure john woo intensity and stunts of stranglehold

Max payne 3 was a fun game, absolutely.
But if you played 1 or 2, youll remember the name mona sax at the very least. Youll remember lines, qoutes, funny bits, ect.
You'll remember it.
>I was in a computer game
>funny as hell it was the scariest thing I could think of.

I challenge you to name any character from max payne 3 (besides max payne) without google.
Max payne 3 was essentially a GTA 5 tech demo....

>own xboner
>literally cannot play maxpayne 1 without buying it again or hooking up/rebuying an old console

RIP

Passos. He was cool, I guess

>Max payne 3 was essentially a GTA 5 tech demo..
Take that back you slut. You shut your whore mouth.

It wasn't even much of one, seeing as GTA5 dumbed down pretty much everything that MP3 featured for the engine stuff. Which, well, makes sense given that a linear shooter versus an open world game needs some concessions, but jesus fucking christ.

>Max payne 3 was essentially a GTA 5 tech demo....
What were they tech-demoing? Everything done in GTA 5 had already been done in 4. And the shooting in 5 was horrendous compared to MP3.

this desu

or Buff

How long ago did you play the game because I played it 3 or 4 years ago and I cant name a single person.

I do remember the New Jersey level which i wished there was more of. And hating the fuck out of Max due to his shear incompetence. Like hell go from diving off of roof tops to questioning if he should kick in a door to save a woman and- up he shot her in the head AND THEN YOU KICK THE DOOR IN???

What are you typing?
They were getting people excited and familiar with their revamped RAGE engine and GTA 5 just a year or two away.

GTA 4 was a near launch title for the 360. Developers usually get better as they get more familiar with their respective engines and what they can do more efficiently.

GTA 5 is also a very ambitious open world game. Yes the shooting was down graded.

Describe your last relationship/sexual experience max payne style.

>How long ago did you play the game
To be fair, I upgraded my PC recently and have been playing GTA V and MP3 on ultra, so it's still fresh in my mind. Just got past the best line of the game that totally doesn't make me cringe.
>YOU'RE TURNING HUMANS INTO GLUE!

I had a feeling because youre the only one who responded with an actual answer.

Its a fun as fuck game it just has the character of an adam sandler film.

Tech-demos are used to demo new TECH, what NEW TECH was demoed in Max Payne 3 that carried over to GTA 5? Name one thing.

Bullet time.

I could go on but you asked for one.

I think Rockstar misunderstood or didn't care to understand Max. In 1 and 2 he's miserable, but he's got a basic belief in himself. In 3 he's just whiny and self-obsessed.

>Bullet time is new tech
Is this 2001?

>I met my soul mate, she didn't. While she was out with friends, I was down at the bottom of another glass waiting for some kind of sign to move on. I may have written the book on emotional manipulation, but she wasn't afraid to quote from it.

I'm not good at this, but I tried.

>taking something out of context for the sake of winning an argument

For the Rockstar company in the 7th or 8th generation of video games, yes Bullet Time is a new tech.

Better shadow rendering
Better tessellation
Better physics calculation
Higher resolution graphics

I could still go on but me thinks you wont concede your point.

>In 1 and 2 he's miserable, but he's got a basic belief in himself. In 3 he's just whiny and self-obsessed.
In the first game he isn't miserable, he is determined to get to the bottom of what happened and get his revenge. In the second game he is more broken and you can hear it in the voice-acting as well. In the third game he's miserable for the first third of the game but after the people he's protecting keep on dying (after he shaves his head) he sets out to bust the whole corruption shit wide open and revenge - again. He also finally gets his inner peace at the end of the third game desu.

I don't actually care one way or the other, your assertion that MP3 was a tech demo for GTA V just seemed silly to me, seeing how GTA IV exists.

how can i play this without crashing

>He also finally gets his inner peace at the end of the third game desu.
I never understood this though. Let's say MP2 is canon (which it should be because Max references Mona), he found peace at the end of 2, no matter the ending. But in 3, he's still butthurt about his wife and kid. I don't see how he got peace at the end of 3 seeing as how he was still in the same position as he was before the events of 3.

the only good thing in alan wake...

Remedy is also not a publisher, and Microsoft Studios does not own them. Take Two can publish games they create.

It's a Kane and Lynch game.

Kung Fu is the only way to play Max Payne

Seems like you simply misunderstand what a tech demo is or you do not know how iterations of game engines work.

When developers spend years updating their engine, they want to show it off with a simple, sometimes fun, program that's light on narrative and heavy on gameplay and graphical features.

This is probably why they removed the graphical novel story telling style in place for a in-game character model style, to show off facial animations and articulation.

Three had some great lines.

>... And the band played on.
>I'd been sitting at the bar for three hours, or five years depending on how you looked at things ...
>Something told me he wasn't about to tell me I'd won the lottery.
>You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

That mod would be great if it had a different model for Max and a new story. Something about a white, hard boiled New York cop doing ninja flips and shit is a bit too much for me.

The only one I actually remember is "youll walk with a limp"
I think it was the stadium level.

>In 3 he's just whiny and self-obsessed
Nah i saw him actually rise up. The amount of shit he has to go through. Not only to fall apart. But then go blindly into a ghetto jungle. Was mental.
>don't see how he got peace at the end of 3 seeing as how he was still in the same position as he was before the events of 3.
Because he finally found acceptance into what he has got himself into. But then a new fire to no give a fuck and follow through to the very end.

he was a vampire

People saying MP3 is a bad Max Payne game have a very superficial view of what makes Max Payne Max Payne. It's a purposefully different take on both noir and action heroes using Max as the connecting point. They didn't try to copy Sam Lake's writing style and the game is better for it. Is it perfect? No. But that doesn't make it a bad Max Payne game. There's a great write up on the specifics that got screen capped but I don't have it.

Ironically you need a cracked MaxPayne.exe to get it to work

>It's a purposefully different
Personally, I prefer MP1 and MP2, but almost all the problems people had with MP3 were Sam Lake's idea. Sam was a creative consultant on MP3. Max being somewhere other than New York, shaving his head, and using James Mcaffery's likeness were all Sam's idea.

True but the flashbacks in Max Payne 3 sure as hell made it seem like he was still miserable and an even more of an alcoholic after the events of 2, sitting at that little bar every day. Max Payne 3 isn't a perfect story but I like it a lot as its own thing and I find myself returning to it more than the original two thanks to the amazing gunplay and soundtrack.

It was the final level, last line. I think you just have shit memory.

The gameplay segments didnt match up to the story at all though.

>Max in game: a jumping rolling monster badass who can literally kill everyone with just a few pills finally making it to the hostage
*cut scene*
>Max in story: "Should I be doing this? What does it all mean? God I suck why dont I just give up. *hostage gets shot in the head* "And like a loud bell at midnight, ushering in the damned and forsaken, who am I to disregard the call?"
>back to rolling killing machine

Its like what the fuck.
What the fuck man?
Just let me fucking do it max.... Stop forcing me to be retarded for no reason in the middle of an adrenaline rush.

Its very jarring and he fucking does it every goddamn cut scene.

I remember when Max Payne was out, the specs were to hight to my old Pentium II 350 (and I had only one 3GB Hard Drive).

Years latter, I got a new computer, many new computer and never played Max Payne.
I don't know how it would be to play the game for the 1st time in 2018, probably, I will never play it.