How did we go from this

How did we go from this...

...to this?

To this

...to this?

To this?

..................................to this?

This is what I came for.

to this?

I don't see the problem.

..to this

>you will never spend years sculpting your ideal gf and have it come to life

It's a mystery to everyone.

wtf i thought it had teeth for a second

Is Pygmalion /ourguy/?

nu-pidgey unironically looks great

Nice autism faggot

tooh dis

>both originals look good
>both redesigns look terrible
Your point?

to this?

to this?

7>5>3>6>2>4>1

Is it illegal to hump a statue?

Bump 5 up on top and 2 to the bottom and this is agreeable.

Why are Pokemon games always judged only by the designs alone?

I know its fun being autistic and all, but the standards for what we present to children in video games have changed and if they kept the same water-colored semi-realistic-not-really I doubt it would sell as well. Children expect big eyes, an arrangement of colors and somewhat chibi bodies when they imagine something being cute. Its just the way the things are right now.

not an argument

You are all wrong

3>1>5>4>2>6>7

gen 1 is the best

holy fuck the imagination on the left is just great. New Super Poke Bros on the right

That's called hot glue.
>paradigm changes in entertainment isn't an argument
user, I know you think you are funny and all, but you really just look stupid.
Also, before you squeal samefag, the poster count was 23, and is now 24.

not an argument

Because nobody denies the fact that the quality of the games themselves have nosedived ever since XY. At the very least the designs are subjective in terms of their appeal, but nobody would defend the braindead fantasy-fulfillment cutscene simulators these games have become.

>turn major shapes into 2d flat shapes
>put all the design details into marks and emblems that are painted on top
This is quite literally the guide on how to design badly according to universal standards. No, this is not a matter of opinion, design follows some very fundamental rules. You always first account the major shape readability and add/remove details later accomodating the former. You use small details to enhance the bigger shapes, you are not to become dependant to the secondary wrinkles and accessories.

Gamefreak is a shit developer, has always been.

6 is too high.

>nobody

That crabby is so bloody cute.

here is a guide for you retards who cant tell the difference between pokemon and the bad sequals

>Pokebarneyfag thread

How did we go from to Sup Forums?

where can I read more about good design?

>children have expectations or said expactions have biologically evolved in one generation!
Nope. Plenty of terribly drawn stuff similar to the right column existed in any era, it would have trumped pokemon in popularity by that same logic.

believable design, or imaginary realism, is always better, to any age. brains are wired after millions of years of evolution, not after a couple toy purchases, sorry there, my social justice pal, it's time to acknowledge biology.

>2 cosplayers and a crossdresser seal
>MFW someone says designs are not getting worse

>old pokemon
>simple, earth tones, limited colour palette, recognizeable silhouette, suspension of disbelief, go from collecting fish and bugs to taming dragons

>new pokemon
>overdesigned with patterns and spikes everywhere, way too much colours/unnatural non-matching colours, unrecognizable spikey blob for silhouette, everything looks like aliens, go from collecting living dolls to collecting gods, aliens and digimon

Soulless, cheeto dust, et cetera.

Meanwhile, on /vp/

The designs have only gotten better. This is fact.
See

I just miss when starters weren't overly humanized. Gamefreak still makes some amazing designs when they're made to look more like animals, but I think they've fallen into this thing with starters where they want them to seem more like "characters" with clearly defined personalities than "creatures", probably to feel more relatable to kids.

Yep, Gen V was the last good gen.

Causing genwunner butthurt is my anti drug.

>everything on the left
>simple
>elegant
>instantly recognizeable

>everything on the right
>overdesigned
>ham fisted
>nobody knows who the pokemon on the right are

>moving goalposts

be careful you may make nu-genners have an autistic meltdown

gen wunners
>You know I've noticed this trend and I don't like it

gen laters
>BUT HERE ARE CHERRY PICKED EXCEPTIONS

Which generation was the last one with basic fucking grasp of discussions?

I seriously feel like if your friend broke their leg you'd tell them not to go to the doctor because doctors can't cure cancer so they don't actually do anything.

>generally chill, aren't interested in starting arguments
LOL

I'd disagree but most gen 7 pokemon were either ugly or forgettable, though the 'forgettable' part might just be because I skipped USM.
The starters are the worst offenders. Their base forms looked promising but then they just went straight down the shitter. What were they thinking?

>implying birds can't have teeth

There are no trends user. Anything you can complain about modern pokemon designs, gen 1 had it too.

Seething with anger, as usual.
Your childhood will never come back, virgin retards.

thank you for posting this user.

Over the top but gets the point across. Could've done without the blatant false-flagging when you brought in race war baiting tho

This. I was holding out for a sliver of hope they wouldn't fuck up Litten's final evo. But of course, they fucking did.

At least Torracat was an acceptable middle stage I could live with, considering what they did to the poor Fennekin line.

because they're all the fucking same

I made my first post in this thread here
Still unrefuted.

>What were they thinking?
They were being creative, instead of just making them bigger.

Fuck off.
Unironically Dragon Quest has infinetly better monster design.
Also, classic FF.

Top tier bait. Saying earlier gen starters "just got bigger" is absolute bullshit.

Alright

>simple, earth tones, limited colour palette
In other words, boring, uncreative ideas
>recognizeable silhouette
Tell that to Voltorb and Electrode
>suspension of disbelief
Tell that to Diglett and Magnemite
>go from collecting fish and bugs to taming Frieza

>Posts gen 1 starters, poster boys for "It just gets bigger"
Ayy lmao

Voltorb and Electrode are synthetic pokemon designed in factories to look like pokeballs, MIMICS, understand? It's canon.

Every design has at least a couple of fucking great designs. You have to be an absolute contrarian to say otherwise.
Hell, Gen 5 gave us the best and coolest pokemon, Volcarona.

I never liked how it looks

What? Most of the bad ones in gen 1 are still better looking than some of the best of new gens.

It's ok, different people have different tastes.

In the case of Litten, "it just gets bigger" would have been the preferred alternative.

Good joke

>NUMONS ARE OVERDESIGNED
>NUMONS ARE OVERSIMPLYFIED
WHICH ONE IS IT?! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I THINK OF THEM!

>moving goalposts

UMM POKEKEKS?

I can't believe you genwunners haven't died of old age yet

I've never said either of those things. I just think they look like uninspired shit designed by amateurs.

to this?

>nu-genner
Only underage trolls pretending to be genwunners actually use this term.

>it just gets bigger" would have been the preferred alternative
It's never the prefered alternative. Incineroar is far better than all those black tiger fan designs out there

Is anything i said wrong? They literally look like free items laying on the ground in urban/industrial areas and attack when you touch them. Gen 5 has ice cream and trash bags that are just wandering around in the wild.

The owl and the tiger look fine

Why is Toki so upset?

pokemon used to look like animals now they look like anime animals wtf

>recognizeable silhouette

Diglett isn't a googly eyed retard.
Doduo has more detail than Rufflet.

He is the original waifufag, so yes.

>pokemon used to look like 1980-1990 anime animals now they look like post 2000 anime animals wtf
fixed

>three circles with squigly outlines
>detail

This sums up everything about the world from 1996 to 2016.

>there are some fags here who never lived in the 90's.
Sucks to be you.

More detail. Less detailS.
Doduo's feathers, legs, and talons are all more birdlike than Rufflet.
Rufflet looks like a toy
>Huge anime head to make it look cute
>"feathers" are just round bumps
>Color splashed on it to keep toddlers interested
Same with Diggersby or whatever that shitty mole pokemon is called

>that cubone
DELET THIS

are you autistic or just pretending to be retarded