How do we stop the horrible treatment of animals in video games?

How do we stop the horrible treatment of animals in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8F8t5fw_rM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't buy games that promote hunting of animals, it desensitizes people to the idea of it happening in real life.

they aren't animals, they're monsters

big difference

These people don't even play games and spend all day arguing over imaginary problems in games, media and muh fictional children
why the fuck does anyone take them seriously?

>Forbes opinion
it's shit

Weren't there like two or three actual hunting games/sims released just last year alone? Shouldn't they have written about those?
Gee, I wonder why they didn't.

Replace the monsters with women and hunt them instead.

They should take the monster hunting out of monster hunter because its mean to animals

/thread

Obviously no one read the article. How are we sure they're not talking about the smaller bits of wildlife rather than the monsters themselves?

What if they made a game like monstherhunter but you were hunting men instead?

lol why do people write shit like that. it cant be what they actually think

I want to stick knife in his body.

why are retards always more offended by mistreatment of animals over people? i bet you forbes would never write this shit about killing humans in games.

imagine playing games and constantly looking for things you can make a clickbait title and complain about
actually it doesn't even have to be games anymore, just look for those potential clicks in everything in life, need to have your quota in your mind at all times
what a miserable existence

It still be wouldn't matter as irl ethics are irrelevant in a videogame.

how long will the multiplayer remain active?

We don't, its just a game.

Here we go again. Thanks Sony

not for long, I'm taking this article to congress and I'm getting all Monster Hunter games banned

>playing games

>sexual violence in games is apparently wrong
>animal violence in games is apparently wrong
>people violence in games is apparently ok
What?

More like they should make a White Male Hunter... Oh wait, they wouldn't even have to change the name of the franchise, lol

Hunters are glorified Animal Control. You are hunting things that either pose a threat to people or the eco systems around them. Granted, World has a lot more "I need this for... study" than previous games. And previous games had some ridiculous clients
>the princess who wanted a pet rath
>the artist who wanted you to kill duramboros so that he would sit still
>a fellow hunter who pissed off a rajang(?) while on another hunt and so he put in a hit on the rajang for you to kill it so that he can finish his babby hunt

Randomly, symbolically sparing few animals - real or not - is an element of carnism, a shitty token that helps to soothe the nagging feeling that you're still paying for slavery and murder.
For example, "pardoning" a turkey for thanksgiving. It's about as sensible as a ring of pedophiles deciding not to rape one child, raping hundreds others, then pretending they're moral.

It's 100% clickbait bullshit because he doesn't even actually think MH is bad.

>Having expounded on all that, I should clarify that I’m not over here hoping that PETA suddenly starts investigating Capcom.
>I won't stop playing Monster Hunter: World, and I’m certainly not telling anyone else to stop.

I did think it was kinda' funny how the story framed the hunts. "We're just researchers; we wanna study their behavior! Oh, what's this, a Pukei Pukei is venturing outside of its natural habitat? This is unprecedented, we must find out why! THERE IT IS KILL IT!"

>in the new injustice, players can pit powerful characters like Superman or Hellboy against lowly female characters like Ivy or Harley Quinn and of course Gamergate couldn't be more excited

>"pardoning" a turkey for thanksgiving
it's just a joke, bro

*crickets*

>Forbes
Unless it's Kain our that one guy who talks about mecha and SRW. Whatever

kill all soyboys

I work for Capcom and we recently came out with a plan for the next monster hunter game. Even when we don't come out with a plan for the next game, we still create more content. Recently monster hunter decided to allow the group feminist frequency to be in control of the production of a single game. The idea of this is that we are showing that we support equality. Here is what the next installment will have.

1. If you get knocked out three times, the quest will be a success instead of a failure.

2. Only females will be protagonist

3. All monsters are going to be male.

4. Instead of cutting off the monster's tails, you cut off the dick.

>spend every day shitposting under 17 layers of irony for (you)'s
>implying writing clickbait wouldn't come naturally to us

>that nu-male look of the """""journalist"""""
Everytime.

More like Bitch Wallace

youtube.com/watch?v=c8F8t5fw_rM

People have joked for years and years about how mean the people in MH are to go out and kill loads of monsters for no reason other than loot. It's mindblowing to see someone forget they're playing a video game, actually think this unironically, and write an article about it. Must be clickbait.

This would be a valid point, EXCEPT, the commander of first fleet straight up tells you there's a difference between hunting to protect and mindlessly killing like, in the first hour of the game

fuck you OP you are worse then the cuck who wrote that. This is Sup Forums tier "you rage you lose" bull shit. The only purpose is to get people mad. and when people sit around seeing this shit posted every fucking day they start to see the word from a warped perspective. they buy a kek-astanie tshirt and a skirt start some twitter crusade ultimately making you and every who has every touched a video game look like the fucking trog you are. all so you can have a few (yous) you are why the SJW movement exist, you are why the alt-right exist you are why the world is burning. you fucking degenerate.

Not quite related to OP but I wish you would get covered in blood like in Bloodborne but you don't even get sprays on contact anymore. Makes me sad

male or female

Can we stop listening to potatos? Journalism is literally the bottom of the bottom as far as "professions" go.

Fuck, they stole my idea for a crossbow-style shotgun.

They are okay with people violence as long as it isn't sexual (against women) or racial (against people of color). The ability to attack and kill white people (and the occasional pale asian) is exactly what they wish they could be doing, so being okay with it in video games lines up perfectly with their beliefs.

>shitposting for free

This problem calls for resurrecting Anita Sarkenstein.

I regret making a male. Rather, I regret trying to recreate my guy in World because you can't have solid white eyes anymore and the skin texture's super visible pores don't lend themselves to his look either. I'd roll a female if I started over.

Vegans are so dumb.

Based Monster Hunter World, bringing in the western crowd.
This is totally what everyone wanted. Yes!

Can you create character this smug?

>people care more about pixelated animals then real life humans
is forbes grandpa tier news?
I thought it used to be rich peoples fancy online news
was it always this useless?

that photoshopped shotgun shell.

No. There's no perma-smirk or toothpick option. You can a pompadour but you'll have to settle for a thug with resting bitch face instead of RP'ing as Sam

>photoshopped

>I didn't have the balls to write the actual clickbait article comparing MH to white European settlers raping and pillaging the new world so I'll settle for this

Literally SEETHING

>It just stands there and lets it happen.

It hardly even fights back. I'd expect it to be thrashing and kicking with all it's might. I wonder what happens in its mind, if it just gets flooded with chemicals to desensitise it to the pain and let it happen.

Soyboys are leftists. Forbes is a right wing leaning publication.

>Soyboys are leftists
Only about half of them are.
Just because you hate women instead of loving them, doesn't mean you aren't one of those.

This, soyness transcends politics.

>computer game

There's a difference between fantasy and reality.

Fucking Soy boys not knowing the difference.

>I seethed with anger while watching a dragon being hunted in Dragon Age: Inquisition
YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>forbes
lol

I've noticed lots of "animal lover" types are conservative, probably compensating for hatred of their fellow man.

look at that guy and look at what he wrote and re-evaluate what you just said

Dogs dont go in for their kill until they have completely exhausted their prey by chasing it around. THis reduces casualties to the pack, and is why they have the highest success rate in the animal kingdom when it comes to hunting.

Fuck me, I have no patience for people who are offended at fictional things that don't exist.

What about existing things that have patience for people with fictional offensives.

Fuck monster hunter with men, just make a game about "The Most Dangerous Game" where you either get to play as the predator or the prey trying to either escape the russian, or you are the russian. I'd fucking play that.

So, Manhunt?

I just love this.
This is what you get for making a monhun targeted at mainstream nu-males.

Animals that go into shock after running/fighting for too long will do that.

David Attenborough covered these in the wild in one of his documentaries (might've been Planet Earth), they're pretty cool. Like any other pack animal they split up and take turns chasing it down and into ambushes.

Farming Hyper Brachydios in XX. 39-5567-0415-1256

who actually reads this dogshit?

>highest success rate in the animal kingdom when it comes to hunting

Likewise black-footed cats have the highest success rate among felines with 60%.

>you don't see monsters fucking in-game
inmersion ruined

The Hunt also covered wild dogs.
These critters are cute as fuck but the way they kill is truly horrifying.

>hmm, nothing race related for me to be offended by
>hmm, nothing gender related for me to be offended by
>hmm, nothing religion related for me to be offended by
>hmm, I wonder what I can find to be offended by...

Jesus Christ fuck these people.

>Implying PETA and alike are right wing
Fool, animal rights activists (or rather Animal Justice Warriors) are left leaning assholes. While people who really care about animals but still have a shred of sanity won't want to be associated with those, specially not with PETA.

nice bait, japanese companies don't even know what feminist frequency is.

These liberal pieces of shit must be violently silenced.

How fucking pathetic do you have to be to reject morality just because uncool people are also moral?

Arent the animals from MonHun basically biological weapons?

>405552830

liberals and nu-male "gaymers"

This is some antivax tier retardedness, just when I thought they couldn't get lower.
> because uncool people are also moral?
No, because most of them are fucking deluded assholes that believe that they are doing the best for animals when most of the time what they ask for is fucking irrelevant and they still treat it like some god damn major issue, unlike shit like kosher/halal meat which oddly enough is not controversial to these tofu eater excuses of human.And as always, it is not that the humans are guilty, the problem is that the white man is guilty.
These are amongst the SEVERAL reasons why I find this kind of activism pants on heads retarded
t. future Marine Biologist

>most of the time what they ask for is fucking irrelevant and they still treat it like some god damn major issue
Yeah, shit like factory farming is totally irrelevant! Being boxed in for entire life is fine, we should care a lot about the last 30 seconds because a sandnigger is involved!

Just say outright that you don't really give a fuck and just want to whine about PETA being uncool.

>tfw you realize PETA is just more baizuo retardation and nobody is gonna give a fuck about animal fee fees once whity has been replaced

Reminds me.

>only white people have empathy
Gooks will learn eventually. Understanding is necessary to sustain a successful nation.
Even the soulless chinks will gain souls once they start fixing their shit and make themselves valuable. Valuable people value others.

>Factory farming
One of the only things they talk about that is not totally irrelevant, and guess fucking what, there are laws regulating the welfare of those animals.
Are they enough? Are they enforced? THOSE are the real questions and should be the key of any debate.But no, the alternative to that is a couple of grimdark clickbait videos on Facebook, a sad face and going all out on why should you go vegan yes or yes.In fact is like most of those don't even aknowledge that traditional and healthier farming still exists.
> we should care a lot about the last 30 seconds because a sandnigger is involved!
No, I care about those 30 seconds because they literally slit the throat of an animal and they let it die. And unlike some places where the reason behind it is rather utilitary (some cold meat requires that) and not religious you can't just stun-bolt an animal prior to that. If the animal isn't concious during the whole process then it is absolutely haram.
>about PETA being uncool.
>*blocks your path*
>*Proceeds to lecture you about Cooking Mama, a fat plumber wearing a gijinka and a bunch of space vikings wearing wolf pelts while stealing your dog and sacrificing it because it better die free than live as a "slave"*

Pretty much. Boggles the mind that these insane types care more about animals than starving humans. I literally had bacon for breakfast, a steak burger for lunch and just had a nice chicken dinner. I don't give two shits about animal rights- they taste too good.

You need an understanding of the context for monhun through videogame knowledge, fiction in general and overall an above average IQ to separate the game from animal abuse.
The target demographic for World lacks all of the above.

>long
>when the memes that started that are not even a year old or two at most

How did the gaming """journalism""" industry become almost entirely taken over by the softest most liberal faggots in existence so quickly? I don't remember it being anything like this even 10 years ago.

You can, but they'll top it without even trying.

nepotism and influx of fresh english majors "gamers" fresh from college from the past decade