NEW SOTC CONFIRMED SHIT

THE NEW SOTC IS BLUEPOINT HEADCANON

DO NOT BUY IT

>They changed the protagonist to be an emo pussy instead of the Strong-hearted individual you see on the left
>They added collectible coins
>All the atmosphere is gone

This game is fucking fanction. It does NOT deserve your money

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/BxqAESl.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buy a switch guys
Fuck off

fpbp

Don't try to hijack the thread, you little shit

I only own a ps4. I am highly against them changing the game of this scale.

Bluepoint admitted this remake is from the fans, rather then the creators. It shows. They're projecting their fanfiction and trying to release it as the original game

shit
i.imgur.com/BxqAESl.gif

Still gone buy it. Still gonna play it. Still gonna enjoy it.

>graphics fags

yep the art style and wanders face is ruined
sotc is my favourite game and i knew i wasn't buying this from the first few trailer

MENTAL. FUCKING. ILLNESS.

when people change shit in remakes like the facial expression
are they so autistic they thought that's what was happening in the original
or did they think that their version was better

its not the graphics, its the ideology

are you OK with this?

The consensus is that SotC is art
You don't change art

I would have been fine with a remake if it was done properly, same art style and colours, not messing up wanders face etc

Hmm compare and

No doubt coming from the same brainlet who shit on TLG. You can keep getting upset all you like, but this will permanently remain as the definitive version of the game. I look forward to seeing your S E E T H I N G anger in the screenshot threads that will start next week :)

get a life

no one cares

Someone please post a fakeapp of Wander with Max Payne's constipation face.

>this will permanently remain as the definitive version of the game
lol no, even if your someone who likes the remake this is just wrong

I’m buying 10 copies.

This is a remake 100% based on better graphics and it manages to fuck some of the original's vision because of poor decisions in aesthetics.

People don't seem to understand that this pile of garbage doesn't deserve any recognition for the story, gameplay and design from SotC, because it isn't SotC. It's just a shallow cash grab that only brings mistakes to the table.

All they had to do was increase the resolution, texture quality and draw distance, which are technical aspects limited by the technology of its time. But they managed to fuck it up.

>Wander now looks like some stupid faggot in Uncharted
I LOVE SONY!!

If this game took TLG's approach to lighting and atmosphere (the same in all Ueda games actually) it'd be fucking GOAT. But no, Bluepoint are fucking hacks

Looks a lot better, honestly.

I just want to know if they fixed Wander flailing around incessantly at the slightest twitch from a colossus that was so prevalent in the PS3 version. That shit made me want to fucking die.

you sound like the emo pussy here

sorry for the criticism. just give them a break. not everyone can be 125+ IQ. youre complaining about eye position. Sure, the new character runs like a whimsical fruitcake, but I will still buy it. take a chill pill. bet youre a switch shill anyway

92 on Metacritic

Why should I trust you?

>wander runs still like a fucking doll
>barely has any change from absorbing dark essence
>doesn't react to the giant raging gorilla coming for his ass
>looks a lot better

You really think that looks any better than ? Not shitting on the remake, it's most likely cherry picked and not representative, but that particular example is night and day

i'm not buying this reverse psychology shit.
i wasn't going to buy it in the first place.
the kids here will fall for it, not me.

modern professional critics opinions mean nothing
they are shills
they give certain scores because they are scared the backlash they will get if they don't give a certain score
they may be scared of not getting pre release versions of games if they give a bad score
and they are in general idiots that cant analysis anything

I hope you don't buy the bayonetta collection on switch too, because it is inferior to the wii u version

>you sound like the emo pussy here
>sorry for the criticism. just give them a break. not everyone can be 125+ IQ. youre complaining about eye position. Sure, the new character runs like a whimsical fruitcake, but I will still buy it. take a chill pill. bet youre a switch shill anyway

That's fine, but it's not the Wander we experienced in the original game.
Pay close attention to the shoulders, the posture, the "standing tall" nature of Wander on the left. Everything matches the face completely. Wander is standing strong.

On the right-hand side, Wander is slouching forward, staring at the floor, the body is slightly limp. Everything matches the face and nothing speaks Strong about that.

It doesn't take an ophthalmologist to catch that 2 seperate characters are being depicted here. The question remains: is it OK for a remaster to change central defining aspects of the main character? It's OK to criticize BluePoint in this scenario, they need to realize that their ideas of "remastering" have the ability to accidently or intentionally change defining aspects of the game, and there are reasons those aspects were in place. BluePoint needs to start taking that into consideration with their "ideas".

they fucked with the vision in the name of graphics. i rightfully tell them to fuck off

Elaborate

He looks like an alien now. An asian alien. A slant eyed gook from outerspace.

Could we just stop blaming sony and nintendo for everything, and actually the people involved in making shit games? Holy shit batman, this delusional console war bullshit has gotten insane to the point i actually think some of you guys are actually believing what you say.

He can't possibly have a worse running animation than he did before.
The left side here looks clean and more vibrant. The right looks really washed out and muddy.

Yes, I do. It looks quite a bit better in my opinion, but I don't even have a PS4. But how does the game run?

This is also Nintendo's fault.

But they did you fucking retard. In fact, TLG is very clearly the main inspiration of which the art direction has taken. All the textures for everything stone related is highly reminiscent of TLG.
>so mentally ill that you think muddied, low quality ps2 textures are better/'more artistic' than the remake
Is it genetic or is your tap water poisoned?

You know... it's possible to criticize a game that happens to be on a PlayStation without being in the tank for Nintendo or Microsoft or whatever.

>TLG is very clearly the main inspiration of which the art direction has taken.
doesnt look like it

Are you blind or what? Wander model has zero facial expression and canned movement in the remake. He looks like the CGI in a 90s PC adventure game.

Left looks washed out though. Right is clearly better

>Entire point is to remaster graphics
>Fur looks marginally better than Dark Souls fur

I legit thought you were complaining about the one on the right.
>ground has no definition at all
>fur looks like scales from a distance

Proved false already. Gamexplain have video comparison footage where the blacks aren't crused. This faggot didn't correctly set up his capture card/switch properly.

Play the game and you'll see for yourself. You'll also notice how much Ueda loves putting lush plant life in a lot of the areas of the game, clearly another thing Bluepoint took cues from and included in the remake.

>He can't possibly have a worse running animation than he did before
How is it worse? That's not an argument, it's your opinion
>The left side here looks clean and more vibrant. The right looks really washed out and muddy.
So what? The original intent was for this specific scenario to be like it is, washed out and muddy. The colossus looks almost like a gigantic shadow, and the remake fucks that up. It's weird because the original has its vibrant areas that the remake turns into washed out and muddy garbage like pic related, so if you think that's bad, there ya go

Does he still get the skin corruption as the game progresses?

I'll be enjoying my special edition next week on my PS4 Pro at 60 fps :^)

His walking animation is actually cute af, wtf u guys

AAAAAAAAA YOU FAGGOTS WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING

>TLG is very clearly the main inspiration of which the art direction has taken
How? TLG uses very vibrant lighting and contrasts between colors in scenes, something SotC remake completely misses. Also, textures in stone structures were already present in the original version, all they had to do was make them better (which they did to be honest).

>print screen from a stream as evidence for graphical quality
S E E T H I N
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

REMINDER: The only correct way to experience SOTC is the orignal PS2 version on a CRT TV. There's a beauty and atmosphere captured here that not even the PS3 HD Remaster can capture.

> The right looks really washed out and muddy.
That's the point though. That's what created such an unique, surreal and dreamy atmosphere the original had. The remake is completely soulless

>game is sitting at a 92 metacritic
>fans around the world are highly anticipating it
>meanwhile a lonely autist on Sup Forums keeps on ranting day in day out

Can´t make that shit up.

Besides the ground, hell, I think the fur even looks better on the right. The left actually looks totally flat, just with some random lines added in

They're both from a youtube video, son. Both equally shit in terms of quality

ps3 version has better detail and colors/shadows

you dont realise how nonsensical of an excuse that is? What did that do to the image?

see

Sony already did that, it's called the PS3 version.
They wouldn't be able to get away with tripe dipping on a remaster, so they had them build a remake instead, which I highly doubt they got Ueda's blessing to actually do.

"""""atmosphere"""""

LOOK AT HOW THAY COMPLETELY CHANGED THE LOOK OF THE GAME, IT'S RUINED NOW

>How is it worse? That's not an argument, it's your opinion
I don't know how he runs now. I just know people made fun of how he unrealistically flung his arms about in the original. And damn right it's my opinion, what else would it be?
>So what?
So I preferred the left side over the right side. But in the case you provided, it's more of a toss-up.

That's fine, but I prefer it to look cleaner.

The reviewers and "fans" are nu-males who never played the original.

Now you're memeing. The remaster is objectively superior to the original

Im with him

that wasnt a remake that was a hd port
i would have been fine with a remake if they didnt fuck up the art and wanders face

>fans around the world are highly anticipating it
Most of them weren't alive when the original came out.

>something SotC remake completely misses
I've seen the game running in HDR you fucking imbecile, and it's vibrant as fuck. They even included a fucking slider to tone down the vibrancy for the normies who might find it blinding. You're seething anger isn't powerful enough to override reality.

Did it ever cross your mind that, maybe, you are the numale?

(you)

>ps3 version has better detail
I don't know if retarded or pretending.

Not even him, but what the fuck kind of retort was that? It didn't even make sense

I'd go a step further and say no remake should have happened without Ueda leading it. These are his works of art, not some suit at Sony or Bluepoint.

God this colossi had the most weight to him, I don't understand how they fucked up his animations the most

Could say the same to you

They did a very great job remaking RE, while they fucked up remaking SotC. What's so hard to understand about it you fucking autist?

What a shitty time to be into video games. Up until about 10 years ago we had cool art design, animation etc, now we have to endure this revolting uncanny valley shit.

Only as nonsensical as implying that preferring the remake means you haven't played the original.

Aah, this retarded comparison again. REmake works not only because the team involved in recreating it had original staff from RE1, but because they knew not to try and reinvent the wheel.

>take what worked and improve it
>add what can be added and work hard to make it fit

And most of all, don't fucking remove things that add to the overall atmosphere and artistic vision

So retarded. Ok.

>It doesn't take an ophthalmologist to catch that 2 seperate
>separate
Look man, we all want art forms true to the original. not even hideaki anno can stay true to eva for the reviews, and hes the same fucking creator (maybe arguably different as he is no longer institutionally depressed)

we have to make concessions it's a sad thing but none of us are perfect.

I mean, REmake practically reformatted the entire game; the same core basis, almost entirely different product. Shadow of the Colossus remake is the exact same game but with different graphics and altered controls and pretty much no significant alterations that weren't graphical.

see

>accurate shadows instead of flat white powder all over everything
>a young boy feeling remorse over what happened to his fuckbuddy
>ignorable extra collectathon, not unlike the one already in the original

the fuck is the problem here you whiny little bitch

on ps3 the neck bracelet thing has missing panels
on ps3 the crown piece has more geometry and a better texture that makes it look more organic, whereas on ps4 is just looks like rock
ps4 version has the same tuft of grass copy pasted, the ps3 version has different grass and plants

>The left side here looks clean and more vibrant. The right looks really washed out and muddy.
That's the fucking point, the whole muddy, bleak, grim, atmosphere is gone.

>They wouldn't be able to get away with tripe dipping on a remaster,
why not? capcom seems to be getting away with it

What are the coins for? And why coins? It doesnt make sense.

Most of those fans clearly haven't played the original and recently started playing games because its popular.
You are probably one of them.

I can't see anything in the top and middle panel on the right - it's just a blurry black blob...

Baby want a bottle? Get over it already you and the same three posters are so annoying and detrimental to this board.

>director is the same as the original game
>ends up being even better than before because he actually knows his shit
your post really made me think

Thanks for proving my point :)

Jesus what the fuck do you want? it looks just fine.

so what if the shadows are more accurate to real life, you should be asking if they are more accurate to sotc's art style
i dont think you care about the art or the game at all, you are just a graphics whore

>mfw I just got the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus PS3 remaster in the mail today
>mfw I'm not interested in the Shadow of the Colossus PS4 remake and it looks like shit
I never played any of the games from Team ICO. Which game should I start first? ICO or Shadow of the Colossus? Also, how's the Last Guardian?