Metal Gear Solid V is done. We can finally move on

Metal Gear Solid V is done. We can finally move on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6895XQItrg4?t=18
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=G1e3s-0IaXM
youtube.com/watch?v=oR5EnZf1itQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what happened?

"Muh Chapter 3" fags got blown the fuck out.

explain

The nuclear disarmerment cutscene was triggered on the pc version of the game in all regions

The perfect finale and send off would've been a recreation of Venom Snake vs Solid Snake at the end of the original Metal Gear and if they snuck in David Hayter as the voice of Solid Snake there.

That's what I wanted.

That would have been great, but the nuclear ending is amazing. Especially the part where Venom talks to Big Boss with players' names scrolling.

Maybe mixed reaction to Survive will make Konami try something less hack-y and they'll remake Metal Gear.

I will always have a place in my heart for angst ridden perma-angry V Miller.

I seriously fucking thought it was gonna cut to some underwater scene with a diver sneaking into a base with Sutherland's voice (acting as Big Boss) going over the mission via narration (but actually codec)
Then Snake(Solid) rises from the water and takes off his diving mask and says in David Hayter's voice "Keep you waiting, huh?"

Then the screen cuts to black and plays the tune

youtu.be/6895XQItrg4?t=18

Then the the credits roll, having it all come full circle.

But nope.

>Realize that revenge is shallow, become a man driven by peace
>Get rid of all nukes in the world
>Leave Diamond Dogs
>Big Boss and Venom rearm Outer Heaven
Suffering.

That's because Outer Heaven is a land based fortress in Africa, not a oil rig in the Seychelles. MSX takes place 10 years later, Diamond Dogs got assimilated into Outer Heaven.
Otherwise yeah, that would have been the best ending. Venom's speech was still GOAT.

The perfect finale and send-off would've been an actually finished game with a full Kingdom of Flies Chapter 3, actual things to do on Mother Base, and an interactive open world

Move onto SurVive now OP?

I just wanted to go visit Ocelot in his room on base, is that is much to ask.

Wasn't Outer Heaven in Metal Gear 2? Where the real BB get's burnt with the Hair spray where as the BB(venom) from MG1 just died?

Outer Heaven is the first Metal Gear (where Venom dies). Metal Gear 2 is in Zanzibar Land (where Snake fights the real/first Big Boss).

>what happened?

PC players made so many nukes it glitched out the counter to make it think that it hit zero.

Nuclear Disarmament Cutscene triggered on PC players. PS4 and Xbox are still destroying nukes.
Either Konami let it trigger after deleting cheaters' Nukes OR Players actually triggered it by getting it to 0 or maxing out the Int value of TotalNukes by creating LOTS of nukes.

Oh that' what I was referring to then, where he'd sneak onto the new base that was the whole operation N313 (that was on the casette tape at the end of 5) that lead into MG1

Would've been nice to have more Gray Fox connection as well.

Disarmament is a good idea to fools and children.

I am glad for the cut-scene to play honestly, the game was full of cheaters, it was impossible to reach it.

It feels nice, like a true ending, the phantom pain is at its end.

>I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds

You feel it too don't you?

I cried like a fucking baby.

>STAFF MEMBER HAS DIED

There's no way PC players made it to 0, the place is fucking full of cheaters and some nukes were actually impossible to reach even if you wanted to because of this.

Being Miller is fucking suffering

That would have been dumb fanwank and I don't understand the desire for it. MG1 already exists, and it's pretty good.

And it's polar opinions like those which gave us a fun series of video games.

And people say nothing good can come out of war

They've been at it for a while actually. Konami deleting nukes of cheaters, players decommissioning nukes. Hell, they have a reddit just for decmmissioning nukes.
From Konami's numbers, there's been quite a significant drop to Nuke count in the last 1-2 months. That's for PC, their PS4/Xbox charts are still not dropping.

Which is why I do think either Konami just pushed the button to get it out of the way, or PC players got so many nukes it made the counter reset to zero.

>MG1 already exists, and it's pretty good.
I actually disagree. MG2:SS is fantastic, it's basically just a 2D Metal Gear Solid. The first Metal Gear, on the other hand, has aged incredibly poorly and I find it basically unplayable.

I'd honestly like a remake a both, in a Tanker/Plant kind of setup, but the first game is the one that needs it. MG2 would just be a bonus.

>been over 2 years
>hayter is still being butt devastated and tweeting about it

Miller's character in V was probably one of the better qualities of the story.

>Paz cutscenes along with her tapes

She will always be with us, not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything, but as part of our heart

And no one is left to give a flying fuck about it.

MGS5 was the worst game in the series.

Kiefer Sutherland was actually cheaper than employing his shitty 'talents' so it's his own fault.

>I find it basically unplayable.
That's a shame. It has plenty of rough edges and arcane demands, but the core of exploring Outer Heaven is plenty of fun, and the game manages to adequately compensate for enemies' narrow sight lines by putting them in denser patterns.

It's messy at times, but I still like it more than any game in the series after MGS3 save for maybe MGSV.

Remakes are an overwhelmingly shit idea.

I never liked Paz's character at all but the final scene of her side quest got me. I thought it was a really good portrayal of the guilt and PTSD that Medic Boss felt over her death and being unable to help or save her.

MGSV was good, I don'T give a shit what retards say, I will admit that story wise it was lacking, but what story was there, was done amazingly, what it really shines in though, is in gameplay.

MGS4 is the worst game in the franchise, without a fucking doubt.

>When you first wake up at the hospital, the doctor tells you they couldn't extract 2 pieces of shrapnel, one in your head, the other one in your heart
Dam son

link: youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=G1e3s-0IaXM

I'm surprised enough people were still playing this to notice the cutscene triggered.

HOLY SHIT

>On PC
But how. PC had basically infinite nukes.

I like going in and roaming the wilderness killing Soviets in interesting ways now and then. Say what you want about the storyline but the gameplay is actually pretty fucking smooth and fun to play.

Oh god I'mlaughing so hard
Fucking konami blown the fuck out

That's nice and all, but where is Metal Gear Solid 5 (five)?

We don't need it.

>Konami triggers peace day on PC
>Journalists write articles about it
>All to create interest in survive releasing later this month

user please stop
It's been confirmed forever that the V has multiple meanings but most assuredly means 5
This phantom pain will never leave us

4’s story isn’t bad but the gameplay sucks. The actual mechanics aren’t bad but the levels are so short and there’s nothing to do in them that you basically just feel like you’re walking to the next cutscene

>MFW Eli's DNA test came back negative for a match

4 had by far the best gameplay though

>4’s story isn’t bad

>tfw you have so many nukes the value overflows

This cutscene has been out for years, hasn't it?

it was called Peace Walker

I mean, we weren't actually playing Big Boss, which was theorized fucking nonstop prior to the game's release.

Then Boss had older voice in 4, so I at this point I don't get what there is to be upset about.

Had David (Solid's name, not Hayter) appeared in 5, he'd be a kid like Liquid was (Eli) and probably also be voiced by one.
But if there had been a time jump like to or something and David's adult voice wasn't David Hayter's, THEN that would be something I could see as a reason to still carry salt for.

But we were Venom, and the only time Sutherland voiced the real Boss was during the whole setup/explanation.

I love Hayter (though his performance in PW wasn't great) But I always think of SOLID when I think of him voicing Snake, not Big Boss.

>4’s story isn’t bad
>4’s story isn’t bad
>4’s story isn’t bad
>4’s story isn’t bad
>4’s story isn’t bad
No.

It was datamined, now it triggered in the game worldwide as if the disarmament actually happened.

We played as BB in Ground Zeroes though. Thats where Kiefer first voiced him.

>This phantom pain will never leave us

The ride will truly never fucking end.

Kojima has talent in something, but I don't think he even understands the creation he made.

MGS4 is so bad besides one or two parts. People complain about MGSV's bases being too open but 4 was one narrow hallway. And the story is ass.
Compare Big Boss' shitty ass exposition to Venom's speech.
>I have to drive out this demon inside me. Build a better future. That's what I-we-will leave as our legacy. Another mission, right Boss?

literally a CIV/Ghandi bug scenario where the number was so extreme it rolled over

I could flip you're statement about V and 4 completely.

Get over yourself.

>Disarm all the nukes
>Few years later builds this
Okie dokey then.

FACE
TWO FACE

Big Boss never wanted a world without nukes. He wanted a world where only he had nukes.

>Act 1
Great
>Act 2
Great
>Act 3
Garbage
>Act 4
Pretty good
>Act 5
Pretty Bad
>Final Boss
God-tier

impossible for ppl to have made over 2 billion nukes

No you couldn't.

That is the point you dumbo. Venom was perhaps not even aware of it but Big Boss pretty much liked the idea of all nukes being gone, except for his. That makes him a massive threat thas has to be obeyed.

Disarming the nukes was Miller's brainchild. Big Boss couldn't give a fuck about peace after he went off the deep end when BossBot drowned herself in the sea instead of stay and cuddle him.

well, i did my part

Oh yea, the demo everyone thought was another Raiden in Tanker scenario of a VR of real events.
Then the main game also uses 2's dogtag thing but amped to the Nth level.
Also the poster of the demo's boxart in the hospital opening- and yadda yadda

It's hard to call it bullshit (I mean it is bullshit) but it's like said, the ride never ends.

European extreme

you did that for the achievement, don't lie

MGS4 was good, I don'T give a shit what retards say, I will admit that story wise it was lacking, but what story was there, was done amazingly, what it really shines in though, is in gameplay.

MGSV is the worst game in the franchise, without a fucking doubt.

There I did it.

All of this is moot because Akio Ohtsuka plays Venom in V.

>ending speech
>I am Big Boss, but so are you, he is the two of us together

The game stays with you, even if you don't play it anymore, it lingers somewhere in your mind, like a phantom pain

youtube.com/watch?v=oR5EnZf1itQ
say what you will, something good came out of this game and it's this sort of shit.

>what it really shines in though, is in gameplay
That doesn't make any sense, MGS4 has barely gameplay in it.
>I will admit that story wise it was lacking
No, there was too much story.
>but what story was there, was done amazingly
Expect for certain things being PRESENTED pretty amazingly, what the story was, was utter shit, even when you look at the final boss, which is pretty epic, it makes no fucking sense as to WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

It's incredibly easy if you're cheating, which majority of PC players are.

Maybe so if MGS actually applied to that "original japanese" line of thinking a lot of games have via subs/dubs.

Kojima's western boner exceeds this, as he handpicked Sutherland and even wanted a hollywood actor for Boss in MGS3.

>I find it basically unplayable.
do your fingers not work or something?

>it makes no fucking sense as to WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

Since when did Metal Gear ever make any sense?

There is not a single bigger idiotic thing than a character who shits himself and is a comedic relief of the franchise suddenly turning himself into a different character all together once he takes his mask off.

Reminder that Ocelot was the one who saved the world

ya got me :P

that makes more sense than i wish it did.

When did that happen?

Ocelots whole story is being a huge traitor to everyone except to the man he loved.

MGS1-3, you revisionist clod.

This is where you list off a bunch of wacky shit that's completely secondary to the actual plot and characters of the games that exists as fodder for fun gameplay mechanics or is a literal joke.

And marries the hot character from 1?

Is that what you're mad about? You're one of them?

The entirety of MGS4.

No. I prefer the ending where Meryl dies.

Thats actually quite sweet when I think about it.

>"Adam... I'm counting on you"

The patrician ending. Also makes sense in the context of MGS2, as Otacon and Snake are working together and Snake has stealth camo.

It's not treason if he was never loyal in the first place :)