Why do so many video game characters wear fingerless gloves?

Why do so many video game characters wear fingerless gloves?
What is the point of them? They aren't functional, they don't look cool, and yet every other character seems to wear them.

>fingerless gloves aren't functional

>They don't look cool
in your opinion
Anyway its probably to have some kind of covered to uncovered skin ratio in character design. Like supposed if those gloves in pic related fully covered her fingers at first but then the designer decided that they didn't want the character to look so... "covered up" or over clothed but at the same time they didn't want to make any drastic changes to their pants or top so they just made the gloves fingerless

People wear fingerless gloves all the time where I live and it’s colder than sin
You can’t really use your fingers in gloves

>fingerless gloves aren't functional.
>What is grip with the utility of fingers?

1: They're warm.
2: If you're carrying a heavy fucking sword/staff around all the time, it stops you from getting calluss.

You think they look cool? Do you actually wear them in public?

i live in a cold place, and using fingerless gloves lets me keep my hands warmer than no gloves, and my full finger dexterity so i can type. They are pretty functional you fucking faggot

Most video game characters don't need to type asshole

>They aren't functional
Are you literally retarded?

more upset by the leather armor meme in general. Unless you're using boiled leather that shit is worthless for defense.

The best characters wear regular gloves.

I use them for weight lifting.

>retard doesn't understand the function of fingerless gloves
Even if you live some where warm, you'd have to be sub 90 IQ to not understand how they help instantly

Being fat and wearing a fedora are this guys biggest mistake. Wearing golf gloves when he obviously isn't playing any golf is a close second.

>wearing gloves
unless you're deadlifting 6pl8, you're a big fuckin pussy.

youre missin out on gains bruh

besides bitches love rough hands

Literally anything looks bad on fat people

I wear gloves doing technician shit all the time, even if you don't need them they're still helpful. I don't use fingerless gloves though because that defeats the whole fucking point of using gloves.

never gonna make it

They allow your palm better grip while keeping full functionality of your fingers. They're used often in mountain climbing to help you hold on without adding bulk or restraint to your fingers.

No it doesn't? It keeps your palms from callusing and keeps your hands warm while leaving your fingers unhindered.

Here's a thin guy then.

This. Thank you for being normal.

>post some ugly fat fuck with shit gloves on
Are you interested in actual discussion?
Because you don't actually seem like you want to have a fair argument.

way to miss the point, faggot.
I wear gloves to garden, or to handle cooked food. For the purpose of weightlifting wearing gloves (especially as a beginner DYEL) is detrimental.

>ugly people look ugly
Again, are you actually trying to make a point?

I use them for shooting.

>I don't use fingerless gloves though because that defeats the whole fucking point of using gloves.

A glove's function is to protect your hands. A fingerless glove's function is to keep your sweaty palms to yourself while giving you the magical grip that your fingertips have.

this
it keeps me from getting callouses on my palms

Because they protect your palm while still allowing you to use your fingers to their fullest. It makes sense for the rogue archetype or anyone who will have to perform delicate precision work in the field.

Ugly people wear ugly clothing.

Fingers are hot

they look cool

the question is why arent they wearing fingerless socks/stockings

You mean toeless?

Its so the metal doesn't fuck up my palms too much. I didnt like how rough my palms were getting.

Keeps hands warmer than without, while still being able to grip shit

does your boyfriend like the silky smooth handjobs?

Yes but neckbeards/fedora lords don't mean much when you start a thread posting characters that are drawn to be appealing. No, I don't care much about fingerless gloves on video game/anime characters since it doesn't detract from them being drawn to be aesthetically pleasing.

If anything, it contributes to their appeal if they are a character that wears armor as the material from the gloves meshes well with the armor and as
said, it's both sensible for some weapon wielding characters as well as increasing the amount of skin shown while still allowing them to keep a relatively armored (not necessarily metal just not naked) look.

So again I'm not really sure if you're actually interested in a discussion. You just seem to want to make note that ugly people look ugly in fingerless gloves which isn't saying much at all.

>aren't functional

you should get yourself a ThermalTake Gaming Glove, user. then you'll see how functional they are. really take your game to the next level.

Is he technically wearing fingerless gloves?

actually suits look really good on fat people

yeah it helps him grip his sword

Only girls should do that