Is SCP Containment Breach a good game...

Is SCP Containment Breach a good game? I've been interested in horror games lately and was thinking about giving it a try.

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/log-of-anomalous-ducks
scp-wiki.net/scp-439
scp-wiki.net/scp-j
scp-wiki.net/scp-2399
scp-wiki.net/scp-1548
scp-wiki.net/scp-2571
scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2852
scp-wiki.net/scp-1981
scp-wiki.net/scp-1788
scp-wiki.net/scp-2030
scp-wiki.net/scp-1048
youtu.be/Cpa2jWDDew4
youtube.com/watch?v=C0sVfiSlT-g
youtube.com/watch?v=uSyCopJBKw8
youtube.com/watch?v=kMpRVY1imzM
youtube.com/watch?v=sYLrwwVM128
scp-wiki.net/scp-1678
scp-wiki.net/scp-1250
youtube.com/watch?v=u9L2FxPxtjk&t=1s
store.steampowered.com/app/700330/SCP_Secret_Laboratory
scp-wiki.net/scp-823
scp-wiki.net/scp-2256
scp-wiki.net/scp-1471
scp-wiki.net/scp-3004
scp-wiki.net/scp-507
scp-wiki.net/scp-3899
youtube.com/watch?v=sCW1QaOH1Y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, it's a pretty simple in the game department, but if you enjoy the whole SCP stories, it's good to see how they act and such.

It's pretty good as a horror game, also it has one of the Anomalous Ducks in it.
scp-wiki.net/log-of-anomalous-ducks

Its really scary

I find it really sad that a crappy none game like Slender got so huge while SCP which is a far bigger and more detailed and well made game get's kind of ignored.

as a game, it's meh. It's scariness also depends on your take on the creepypastes + your own immersion skills.

IF you're new to horror vidya and want to experience the golden baseline titles, the original trilogy of the Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Fatal Frame series are must plays. Follow up with games like Penumbra (eps 1-2), Condemned, Scratches, Afraid Of Monster's: Director's Cut, Cry Of Fear, and Underhell: Chapter 1.

Buggy but fun

it's alright, but really clunky
the Unity remake looks pretty good though it's in early alpha

096 is the scariest monster I've ever seen in a game so SCP CB has that.

He is a retarded Orphan of Kos

>object class: euclid
>when someone looking at some pixels across the world could trigger an end of the world scenario as more people see his face and start a unstoppable daisy chain of death

Alot of Euclid and even Safe SCPs can star end of the worlds scenarios

EPSILON 11 HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So, what happen if you send blind people to 096? Does he flip out or what? Did they try that?

Doesn't even run.

Remind me of the shy guy again, if anybody sees his face for any reason, be it behind a camera or something, does he go berserk and try to attack the guy immediately or only after it breaks out for whatever reason

As far as scary goes its actually good.
Mostly you just have to watch out for 173 and 106. And eventually the MTFs. Apart from that, you're just exploring a creepy dark facility almost at will and will die to other shit only once.

Here's to hoping the unity rehash doesn't fall on its ass.

What are good ones to read about?

scp-wiki.net/scp-439

SCP 096 is extremely docile in all scenarios except when it's face is viewed. So yes, a blind person would have no effect on the creature's demeanor.

scp-wiki.net/scp-j

If anyone sees even a tiny bit of his frontal face he goes berserk and goes super sonic on his ass.

What makes 096 fun is the fact he fucking runs to his victim instead of teleporting like say SCP-2521

Did they try that at some point?

that one carnival machine thing, someone probably remembers the number

want to make it a horror game? easy put your life on the line, if you die in game you suicide in real life, this should increase the tension tenfold

No. You play it you die

It starts freaking out, crying and babbling in an unknown language for a minute before charging directly for its target.
Almost nothing stops it in its path to its target.
Once it gets to it's target it will {REDACTED}

Shit's pretty darn good..

scp-wiki.net/scp-2399
scp-wiki.net/scp-1548

Containment Breach is significantly more difficult. The monsters are less "meme' tier in design, they're legitimately scary. CB ran like shit for a very long time. Slender's gameplay literally consists of run through a forest while pressing a single button to pick up pieces of paper. That's why that got big and SCP games haven't.

Enjoy the rabbit hole.
scp-wiki.net/scp-2571
scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2852
scp-wiki.net/scp-1981
scp-wiki.net/scp-1788
scp-wiki.net/scp-2030
scp-wiki.net/scp-1048

plus Containment Breach requires some degree of knowledge of the SCPs in order to not die relentlessly or doing dumb shit like idling in the wooden door forest/walking into 012's room/bargaining with 035

Try it for what? What would knowing the obvious about the creature help with?

093, 1983

They have.
They put a blind folded D-class in a room with 096 and it didn't do shit for like two day's straight.

I'm interested in this game but won't be able to play it. Is there a good letsplayer you can recommend that goes through the game without going XDDDD FAKE SCREAMING LUL?

I'd very much appreciate a recommendation.

Yeah, all of that makes Containment Breach specifically significantly more difficult. The game is not that easy to beat. And the only other game out is a multiplayer only that is nowhere near complete.

>Let's player
Get out.

Description: SCP-504 is a species of tomato physically and genetically identical to that of the typical commercially-grown tomato. It was recovered in [REDACTED], Kentucky after a woman reported to the police that her farmer husband had been "murdered by his lunch". The Foundation is currently working to identify and destroy loose strains of SCP-504 in the surrounding commercial farming areas.

When a poor attempt at humor is made verbally within human hearing range of SCP-504's tomatoes, they instantly accelerate to a speed of at least 100 miles per hour (approx. 160 kilometers per hour, 45 meters per second) in the direction of the sound's source. Only mature tomatoes, separated from their vines and less than 10% rotted or chemically compromised, exhibit this effect once each. Tomatoes do not have to be physically intact, though ingested tomatoes are usually insulated enough from sound to prevent their effects before neutralization by stomach acid.

SCP-504 tomatoes seem to reach speeds relative to the inciting attempt at humor (see experiment log). Relevant variables seem to include corniness, humor-to-length ratio, and use of puns. Language appears irrelevant.

youtu.be/Cpa2jWDDew4
no commentary 100% achievement run on the hardest difficulty, should show what the SCPs are capable of

Batesee is good and he's Australian.

>ctrl+f
>amnesia: the dark decent
>0 results

batesees early stuff was genuinely funny.
It eventually gets old though

Gotta give credit to Containment Breach for the great voice work on some moments

youtube.com/watch?v=C0sVfiSlT-g
youtube.com/watch?v=uSyCopJBKw8
youtube.com/watch?v=kMpRVY1imzM

Still the best youtube.com/watch?v=sYLrwwVM128
scp-wiki.net/scp-1678

>Item: One mature SCP-504 tomato
>Subject: A portable computer playing a partial audio recording of the Monty Python sketch "The Funniest Joke in the World".
>Transcript: "Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"
>Result: Tomato explodes. Debris clocked at 137 mph. Computer heavily coated by debris. Keyboard ruined by exposure to liquid matter - all other components proved functional after cleanup.

>That Femur Breaker one.

scp-wiki.net/scp-1250
It's not the most unique SCP, but the implications of the final experiment log make it one of my favorites.

>3am
>reading scp wiki
why do you do this to me

I wouldn't describe it as "scary" lmao, it's more like a haunted house kind of thing. thrilling but not scary

How has no one posted this one yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=u9L2FxPxtjk&t=1s

Why didn't they just ask the fucking vending machine to make a cup of poison to kill the unkillable fucking thing that was such a threat.

scp cant be scary by default because its a retarded meme done by autists with no creativity

Im surprised I haven't heard anyone talking about Secret Lab
store.steampowered.com/app/700330/SCP_Secret_Laboratory
It's a multiplayer version of containment breach, pretty fun too

are there any scps that replicates/imitates creepypastas?

Did they reject your SCP idea user?

I wonder about those implications. Was it not portraying alternate scenarios, but creating them instead?

>its another "CI guns down everybody round while the SCPs helps them" episode

I hope they add more SCP outside those from Containment Breach

This one feels very Creepypasta like.
scp-wiki.net/scp-2571

Because that coup would most likely destroy the machine, the facility and a good chunk of the planet probably. Some cunt asked for a cup of antimatter before, I think. It wasn't pretty.

kinda
i remember one that was some kind of video tape with garibaldi in it if i'm not mistaken

>he's 25 or older and didn't get on the carousel

scp-wiki.net/scp-823

>he doesn't recognize the bodies in the water

>MTF Rho-71 commander BLANK.
>Cause of death: suicide caused by forced sexual entry through left eye, resulting in unsurvivable brain trauma

MTF's tend to die interesting deaths.

>yfw you found the butt ghost

Wait I thought the implication was that people who got on the Carousel got "taken" by the wood

Which SCP was about mile high invisible animals that a tribe of natives worshipped as gods? It had some creative use of censoring but I forgot to save the number from the last time someone posted it

As far as I can tell that SCP takes siblings and one of the siblings will get on the carousel and become another tree thing
The other sibling will wake up with the other sibling being almost entirety wiped from history with no one remembering them.

Fuck no. It's a horrible freeware game that's broken, plays like dog shit, and is probably responsible for the general decline and redditization of SCP.

What are some good movies similar to Containment Breach? Besides Resident Evil and Cabin in the Woods

Yeah. SCP is more or less terrible fanfiction now.

Poor comeback. The redditors pretend they have high standards, but all you need to do is know someone and they'll take utter dogshit you drunkenly wrote after a night on the town (for example: Gamers Against Weed). If you don't have connections: bad SCP or not, you're fucked.

what

SCP has been on the decline for years since all the good ideas got used up

scp-wiki.net/scp-2256

Its pretty sad

Gonna need some context on this SCP before I can fap.

Might help if you spelled shit correctly, bro.

pshh nothin personnel kid

That's the one. Thanks!

What happens if you see his face while in a space station ? Does the fucker fly ?

Good ol' MaLO

scp-wiki.net/scp-1471

Long read but it's pure nightmare.

scp-wiki.net/scp-3004

>Might help
Not if there weren't any results for 'amnesia', bro.

>There will never be a Saturday morning cartoon featuring the adventures of Grabnok the Destroyer
scp-wiki.net/scp-507

God damn this turns me on.

It BECAME that but honestly there are a few SCP out there which are very creative and quite interesting. The problem is everyone kind of apes a lot of the older ideas or just puts some fairly cliche or stock "spins" on shit. And it doesn't work. They also tend to forget that not all SCPs are evil or outright hostile.

The pay must be absurd.

Some MTF are brainwash to server and to be loyal

No one wrote MalO app yet? A quick search on google play found nothing

Some of the 3000 scps are good

scp-wiki.net/scp-3899
youtube.com/watch?v=sCW1QaOH1Y8

Wow, when was this added? 2015?

>that video log
> [02:42]: (VOICE 2 begins to sing.)

>tfw browsing a few of the newer SCPs, just checking out the highest rated of the month
>one of them has a script activated jump scare.

Well, it was fun, but I'm done with SCP after that.

Which one?

MaLO a cute! CUTE!

At least he's not openly malicious, just wants to drive. Even sent the gal some money.

Don't know, it was like two months ago, and I can't be assed to go find it again, I don't even know what the SCP's "name" is because the site is still retarded and doesn't put the name with the number when it appears in the top rated category.

Basically it detailed some town that Dug Too Deep (because the janitor at a school was retarded and broke a wall or something) and got itself partially out of phase with the rest of the world or something, with a recurring black figure that just says "hello." The "jumpscare" was like halfway down the page, and was just an audio file that said "hello," which isn't bad in and of itself, but it just means that pandoras box has been opened, and that any SCP can throw screamers at you now.

I bet if he was a lower number he would be pretty well liked