Tfw cannot get into what some people call 'the best game in the series'

Tfw cannot get into what some people call 'the best game in the series'

Loved Demon Souls.
Loved Dark Souls
Liked Dark Souls 2 Sotfs
Dark Souls 3 was meh but it had good bosses

Bloodbourne on the other hand I can't play for more than half an hour before dropping it for another game.

Does it get better? What's a fun way to play? I'm running saw cleaver atm

I started playing this yesterday user, and I felt the same way. Fucking cheated. But..I killed the first boss today, and learned to shoot those fat things at just the right time to kill them, which feels badass.

How far in are you?

About two hours in

Did you kill the cleric beast and get to level up yet?

I liked the tonitrus but it gets kind of annoying constantly pressing L1 so you do more damage. Also arcane builds are easy to make weak if you don't know what you're doing.

I kinda like the threaded cane

Chose the threaded cane because the whip makes me feel like i'm in castlevania. Currently shitting bricks over fighting father gascoigne, because the Cleric beast was weirdly hard for me to kill. Did basically no damage each hit.

I got to this boss on a bridge in first area and it had insanely high hp. I wiki'd quickly to see if I was derping something and it's an optional boss

cant cure shit taste

I'd say give it some more time. If you're coming on to it off of Souls or are just struggling then it might take some time to better understand how to play. It took me a while to get the hang of it.

Yeah, that's the Cleric Beast. I managed to fuck it up today but it was kind of hard. I tried summoning for help with it, but it made it took hard and the summon died after like a minute.

Do you know about insight, and what it does, etc?

Not really I'm trying to go in blind.

admirable, but you'll probably get annoyed as fuck that way. Anyway, let me give you the advice that helped me today

if you find your way to the sewer bit, you'll find something called madman's knowledge. It's an item. Use it, and the doll will wake up, and she'll level you. Get a few points in strength and HP before doing the cleric beast then

Did you already beat cleric beast? It's weak to fire but I didn't like using the molotovs. It's pretty easy to dodge its attacks once you get used to it, just back away if you're not sure you can dodge another attack if you get hit once.

Father gasciogne was the toughest boss for me in the whole game my first playthrough because I had only played Dark Souls before and was used to hiding behind a shield. Bloodborne almost always punishes you for dodging as soon as you're able so you should generally wait for the boss to attack before you dodge after you get hit. Just focus on not getting hit and going for visceral attacks on Gasciogne if you're decent at them.

You can pretty much always shoot enemies, dodge forward and press R1 for the visceral attack even if you get hit as you trigger the stagger.

If he found the cleric beast already, he'll have insight for discovering the boss.

Yeah, I did it. I used like..2 molotovs on it when it frenzied at the end, to get rid of it. I would have used oil, but I have no fucking clue what it does.

It was a rubbish fight for me. I was always able to get away and heal, so it was just a case of getting a few lucky "parries" in and hitting it in the back.

I REALLY miss my shield. I hope that feeling goes away! I was fucking up on visceral attacks for so long before I noticed that I couldn't do it when my cane was all whippy. Oh well.

i'm on ng+, just started forbidden woods.
on the previous playthrough i didn't get a blood rock for my kirkhammer.
how fucked am I for dlc/later on?

The difference between +9 and +10 isn't that big and doesn't really matter if all you're doing is the main game. You get it in the nightmare of mensis level, you have to go into a broken part of the wall when going up/down the cage elevator that's broken FYI.

I didn't think it was that great of a boss either, but there's a lot of cool ones in bloodborne. The oil doubles damage for your next molotov I'm pretty sure. I never really used them.

I find that I don't miss the shield at all now. It's pretty easy to dodge most of the attacks once you've seen them a few times.

Good to know! I'll stick at it. Anything I should know that's missable, or really stupidly cryptic? Also..is it normal to get summoned on the other fucking side of the zone to the summoner? That's awkward.

I had the same issue when I played through Bloodborne. I probably like Souls games more because I prefer knights

I ended up pretty late to the party, so Bloodborne was my first Soulsborne game. I can't bring myself to use shields in Dark Souls anymre.

Well to get the final secret boss you have to use three umbilical cords. One you always get. Another from going to the lady in the clinic by the first lamp I think after you beat Rom. Another past the door halfway down that tower you have to fall down kind of near the dude with the machine gun in the tower. And a fourth from saving the prostitute lady from dying by sending her to the chapel and then killing her baby after beating the dude with the cage on his head.

To do Eileen's questline you have to show up at a few places I don't remember them all. The easiest one to miss is probably when you can't teleport to the lamp that unlocks after killing Gherman. Apparently she can die during this so be careful not to hit her while she fights the other hunter. Anyway this unlocks what's probably the hardest fight in the game.