Which ones better?

I've played fortnite on pc and thought it was crap due to shooting mechanics. I really want to give pubg a go but it will require a new pc.

if you own a GOOD PC capable of running both, is PUBG significantly better?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/pubg-to-disable-steam-family-sharing-in-bid-to-halt-cheaters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive got bad news for you user
and pubg is worse than fornite

PUBG is like a fast paced ArmA

I dont even see how people can compare this two games, Fortnite is some casual cartoon shit, PUBG is as hardcore as it gets

Ultimately, they're the same flawed game loop. PUBG is more realistic and has much bigger maps, Fortnite runs a million times better, has destructive (and constructive) environments and more varied loot.

PUBG is definitely not worth a new PC purchase.

Had the same issue with gun play, pubg is FAR better imo.

Without wanting to speak for everyone it really seems like fortnite is simply what you play if you either can't run pubg well or only have a PS4, with very few genuinely preferring it.

PUBG is Fornite but twice as slow. Gunplay is better, vehicles are a really fun inclusion (and necessary for travel some times) but otherwise I prefer everything else in Fortnite. Smaller map gets me into the action faster during lulls in gameplay. They have a lot more fun with the items and weapons in the game as well, it's a little too goofy for some people but I much prefer this silliness in a game that can get as tense as these battle royale things typically do. The developers have said they're working on fixing the gunplay too and I'm really looking forward to see what they do with it.

They're two different games and honestly it's apples and oranges. You can like one or the other, you can like both, but despite being cut from the same cloth they're not entirely comparable besides some shared rules.

If you care about playing seriously, it's Fortnite BR unquestionably. The best player in the match will win less than 50% of the time in PUBG but will win over 70% of the time in Fortnite BR, assuming full tryhard.

The building and destructive environments in fortnite make it better. As a beginner pubg seems better but fortnite gets really fun when you start building more.

Strangely enough, I can agree with this. Success in PUBG relies heavily on the RNG god as far as circle placement, loot drops, etc, whereas fortnite is, contrary to expectiations, the more hardcore skill-driven game. Anyone who calls it casual obviously hasn't won a round on Squad (or even Solo).

PUBG is essentially: luck out and find the best gun and the best attachments, end up dropping close to the circle, spend the last few circles playing snake in the grass.

Fortnite has the element of finding the best loot, but you also have to add resource gathering and management, tighter time management, and lightning fast construction to your skill set.

PUBBG is more in depth and larger/slower
Fortnite is quick paced and more fun

Fuck pubg i want my money back

Also, the absolute best players in the game, guys like Chocotaco and Shroud and DrDis, they win less than 25% of the time, probably close to 20%. Anywhere close to 50% would be absurd.

don't listen to all the autistic faggots saying PUBG is worse. PUBG is better in every single aspect and Fortnite reeks of Free to Play garbage. It's worth shelling out the 30 dollars if you like the gameplay

Neither.

haha no

if you're speaking of playing seriously, NEITHER is good, because Fortnite's gunplay is a kiddie shoot

why won't they add bullet penetration to pubg? it was in arma.

nice argument faggot

>implying that pubg doesn't reek of early access

Fortnite really pisses me off with the building aspect. You shouldn't be able to instantly surround yourself with walls and staircases during a fucking gunfight.

no argument, just facts :')

Kill every last mother fucker who plays these games. No really kill yourselves fucking 12 year old cunts running around like some world war 2 vet. GO PLAY THE REAL GAME ASSHOLES MAYBE YOU WILL LEARN RESPECT.

All video games are for children kiddo.

Fortnite is just as "early access feeling" as PUBG, considering they scraped it up as soon as PUBG became succesful. The building mechanics aren't even fitted for PvP

i wanted to like fortnite, i have nothing against cartoony graphics, hipfire, or anything about it really from the get go, not even the crafting

but yeah it was just really shallow and boring, too much was down to RNG due to the hipfire, there isnt a big variety in guns, no vehicles, no teamwork, no one seemed to ever use microphones ever

i have 155 hours in PUBG and i dont think i played fortnite for more than 3 or 4

it doesnt even compare, its way closer to the cell phone PUBG rip off than to PUBG itself

you forgot to post your frog

>He responded
YES IT WORKED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that would have been true four months ago, but the game is polished to a mirror sheen at this point.

>I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself

It honestly boils down to preference. I mean the two games are extremely similar and what one lacks the other probably has. That said, imo I have more fun playing pubg than I ever do playing fortnite

the problem with arma is the jews at microsoft quit optimizing CPUs for windows 7 so it runs like total shit unless you have the newest shit operating system which sells all your information, and it still doesnt run that great at least partly because the new OS has no true exclusive fullscreen and consequently wastes GPU power on rendering your desktop 24/7

It's a shitpost but it's true, almost everyone shilling fortnite as better is a sonybro.

There really is a big difference in quality.

these type of games make me upset. like i want to rape a tree before i get killed again.

>reeks of free to play garbage

Yeah all those cosmetic items make the game awful.

the tricky thing about pubg is that there are just enough gunplay mechanics to make these guys think that they're successful because they're skilled and not because of the RNG.

it's a very clever skinner box. i've played with a guy who insisted that we drop school nonstop for 7 hours. sometimes a good gun would spawn on the roof, sometimes not. the times it did, and we dropped close enough to it, we would succeed. the rest of the time, we would die immediately, and then jump right back into the next round.

Its more to do with positioning/tactics than aiming. From personal experience it's definitely skill based

I play duos with an imo medalist (literal 1 in a million genius) and we win almost every game since my friend knows where everyone most likely is an where they'll approach from.

post your duos stats. i don't believe that you win even 10% of your games, let alone "almost every game".

I'm not getting datamined but by almost every game I mean 75 percent (exaggerated a bit), it really isnt hard to win if you know where everyone is and attack when they haven't spotted you.

thinking about trying out fortnite. pubg is slow as fuck and most fun with a friend, because you can shoot the shit during downtime. randoms in duos and squads are almost always chinks that don't speak english.

i don't think you win even 10%. the best fucking players in the game don't win more than 25% of their games.

My overall win rate is shit, when playing with him we certainly win way more than lose.

His overall win rate is good but not exceptional, this could be down to him being crap at aiming or playing with ransoms who don't talk.

It's also worth mentioning that it's only that high with a lot of camping while viewing where everyone is, and a lot of waiting. Paying aggressively it's nothing like that.

fortnite is much better
seamless, quicker gameplay, less heavy investment into matches, actual construction & destruction mechanics, new tactics and strategies to use around such mechanics

its ultimately the better game

t. 70 hours pubg

So by "positioning" and "tactics" you meant "camping when we are lucky enough to drop center circle", and by "winning almost every game" you actually just mean "killing guys who manage to come into our building, we don't actually ever win, especially when we're pressed to play with any skill at all".

We stop every so often in a bush, look around third person to get an idea of where everyone is then proceed. Not camp in a bush the whole match.

>bullet sponges with graphics literally made for kids
>not the laziest shit ever

meant for this faggot

Also, I might add that literally everyone who plays PUBG can more or less predict where the other players are going to be after a few hours of play. That's a very basic metagame and not at all genius level deep thought.

I'll lay it out for you:

you can parachute up to two kilometers away from the plane, but most people drop onto the nearest high-to-medium risk/reward area (in erangel: school, military base, vasnaya, pochinki, Miramar is pecado/hacienda/los leones). when they do come into the circle from outside, they'll becoming primarily from those areas, but also from any nearby structures. they'll be looking for high loot buildings/areas, so that's stuff like apartment buildings, warehouses and the larger two-to-three story houses and structures. snipers will usually be on the high ground.

Fortnite introduces new mechanics like building, as well as being updated frequently.

They're both laughable garbage being made for the lowest common denominator of gamers. They're games essentially made to watch streamers promote it, if you buy it you're a retard.

PUBG is a casual filter, Sup Forums is anally blasted by it, i doubt these faggots, if they actually played it, ever won a single match wihtout some chinese Chad carrying them

Although I do this, the guy I play with does it far, far better than any normal person could. e.g. I know the high traffic areas whereas he keeps track of the individual numbers of people in each area.

I'm not sure but it might be possible to show how easy this makes it if you draw the map physically out and got someone to note where people are as you played

oh wow does he work for pubg corp too? your friend sounds like a real special super genius.

They don't tryhard though. Streamers in PUBG can't tryhard without losing viewers.

>PUBG is like ArmA
>As hardcore as it gets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA holy shit imagine actually thinking this

its a new mechanic that makes it unique. Thats how epic games makes it different than most battle royale games

He's an imo medalist I met at university, he's not a "meme genius" but the literal meaning of it.

Fortnite is better made but a worse game design.

what your ID? lets join a match together so i can see how pathetic you are

oh wait you never even played it

lmao dude your game is shit, why would anyone waste their time playing that trashware

I have something like 40 ish hours in it. Enough to know it's literally nothing like ArmA and hyping it up as
>HE HE LE HARDCORE BATTLE TO LE DEATH
Shit is just cringey and wrong. Also you don't have to be top tier at a game to know it's shit desu

haven't played fortnite, really have no interest for it but i played H1Z1 before PUBG and actually enjoy PUBG. it use to have a lot of problems when it came out. it had worse server lag and really bad rubber banding but that got patched out. the fact that their patches actually fix the game instead of making it worse gives me faith in the devs and the future of the game.
as far as gameplay mechanics i actually really enjoy them, the game just takes some getting use to.

never ever. jpg

missing out the best multiplayer game ever

lmaoing at your life

he might also just be a cheater. ;)

there's literally no way to tell where the other players are in this game without hacks. sorry kiddo, it's impossible.

in those 40 hours how many times you won SOLO FPP?

I've already played it. I had a chuckle at what kind of garbage the masses are eating up like candy. You enjoy the lowest common denominator of games, a game made for streamers and faggots, a game that has no inspiration whatsoever and is the most rushed, generic piece of shit I've laid my eyes upon. That is what you're praising as if it were the first dick you've ever seen.

More than you have, kiddo

He can't tell where 100 percent of them are. He can take incredibly good guesses based on where he's seen them running to last, how many people are at each area and distance between areas.

fortnite is more popular more fun and has more memes on social media. fortnite is the better game xd

the smell of sour grapes is strong

lmao, triggered the casual, im top 1% with only 20 hours

fortnite requires more skill.

fight me.

>implying I want to play this rehashed x20 shovelware when I have full free access to it via steam family share (pleb cousin)

they're turning off family share.

Fortnite's better because it's exactly like PUBG but it's free and it has building

Oh no, how will I play this garbage game I've already tried? I guess I'll just sign into his account like a non-retarded human being.

>top 1% on nonexistent FPP leaderboard
they really need to add those in already.

didnt play fortnite yet but pubg runs like a shitty mod for arma that barely works not to say the gunplay works even worse than in arma 2

They're both garbage.

source?

pubg is slightly better
it's biggest advantage is that your friends probably own pubg
I don't think it warrants a new PC on its own. But I will always suggest you build a new PC anyway because why the fuck not

It's sad that people are eating this shit up like it's their only meal of the week

both are shit but fortnite is a little less shit

fortnite is casual trash man deal with it.
>oh no somebodies spotted me first and knocked me down to half health let me build this crutc- i mean wall

At least the fucking guys making fortnite can make their own fucking assets and art style instead of using shitty unreal store props. It's fucking embarrassing how far they've gotten away with it

>fortnite is casual trash man deal with it.
so is pubg man deal with it

So far the entire battle royale genre has just been generic pushes of essentially the same game. They're all shit.

pcgamer.com/pubg-to-disable-steam-family-sharing-in-bid-to-halt-cheaters/

PUBG is better at every level.

Fortnite is a casual garbage direct copy, shit game.

I have +100 hours in pubg and ~130 hours in Fortnite. Fortnite is better because it's faster and you get into combat more often.

When a wall is freshly dropped it has practically 0 health, just shoot at it

that's a great example of how casual PUBG is.. i'm sure the numerous amount of deaths you've experienced in the game have been blueholes fault instead of your own.
they should put in walls so you can block people from shooting you! or hell you should be able to build late game traps because building things instead of engaging in fights is really fun.
>and you get into combat more often.
that's just you taking advantage of the children who play fortnite. of course you have trouble surviving in a game that takes actual skill.

fortnite is way more hardcore than pubg, my man. you're just being fooled by the artstyle and ADS.

You realize that the people making pubg can't even make a building or a simple dirt texture right? They buy shit from the unreal store. Even their lighting is base engine lighting. Damn those Motherfuckers have a sub 20 tick rate on their servers. And some how the more polished and mechanically interesting game is "garbage"

im not saying fortnite is good didnt play it yet im just saying pubg is garbage and it was kind of fun for 10hours but later on i could see clearly my shots being registered 200ms later and shit like that which just makes the game bad
also last 10 people just crawl in the fucking grass waiting for someone to move

>shilling this hard
I seriously hope you're not doing this unpaid.

Why are you shilling so hard, user?

>PUBG
Buggy as fuck, laggy and inconsistent mechanics.
>Fortnite
Smooth but shooting a gun is like throwing a dice roll unless you're abusing the broken shitty mechanics. Also made for campers, and third person view is terrible for these games.

PUBG is better because the mechanics in the game actually take some degree of skill, but it's a broken piece of shit.

>a game that takes actual skill
Not a whole lot of skill involved when your servers run like dog shit and the 'devs' can't fix input lag.