Let's settle on a name for this genre

>Sup Forums calls them cuhrayzee
>reddit calls them character action
>youtube says they're spectacle fighters
>capcom refers to Devil May Cry as "stylish action"
Well, wich one is it?

Is there a single genre of games where every fanbase hates each other this much?

Only rabid kamiyafags hate other fanbases

for fuck's sake you retard

Kamiya calls DMC 1 "stylish action" and that game is definitely not in the same genre as 3, 4, Bayo or NG, so that's out.

underage

Go polish you god's balding head

I call them brawlers - like Street of Rage, Double Dragon and the like. 3D brawler if you want to be more precise.

i like how you somehow gathered im on a particular side retard

good post

it's better than yours tenfold

Stylish action is much better than the alternatives.

Spectacle fighter is a good enough term.
It's a beat em up with a more flashy take on itself in the 3d setting.

better post

yep

hack-n-slash

what the hell else

action rpg

/thread

Genres are arbitrary and just used for classification. As long as we know what you're talking about it doesn't matter what you call it.

underage

best post

its hack and slash

if you don't know what hack n slash is

How about just “action” instead of pointlessly trying to segregate them from games they’re really not all that different from just because there’s a style meter

>character action
it's not just reddit

i call it comboshit

diablo is a hack n slash so you can eat some shit my friend

But what exactly fits into any of these labels then? Do DMC 1 or 2, GoW, Bloodborne, Furi, Nioh or DmC fit or no?

if it has quicktime events and a become invincible button you can spam as much as you want then it is a "homosexual game".

Way of the Samurai 3 was fun tho

Action game.

Hack-n-Slash sounds too much like there's no skill involved, character action is a needless addition to just "action," "spectacle fighters" makes it sound like a fighting game.

Hyper Action

But we already know they're action games, Cod is also an 'Action Game' but the game-play is completely different so what is the sub-genre my nig.
And honestly they have combos and shit like fighting games so spectacle fighter or character action sound pretty good

The lack of self awareness in this post is hilarious.

No, hack'n slash is Diablo-clone. This is beat'em up/brawler in 3D.

hack n slash is weird because it implies combat with bladed weapons is the focus, and because lots of people refer to certain action rpgs as hack n slash

have they made any of these games this gen?

Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 if you count the Wii U as being part of this gen. Furi, although it's boss-rush.