youtube.com/watch?v=wOmu0Q6rkCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qZjQaHmQlzg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzROIaEItjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YAB0uPsSY8w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrHdSNQxdY
youtube.com/watch?v=cEfpKtXJI-w
youtube.com/watch?v=LIduNx7zW4I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only graphically. Everything about it seems to be yet another reskin of rtdl only with higher res textures and more polys.

That shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. Robobot wasn't even better than Triple Deluxe, it was as good.

Bandana Dee isn't the fourth main charact-

I think the new Kirby games have progressively gotten better, so I see no reason why SA won't be the best one.

Maybe.

But at this point, it looks just another Adventure remake, as has been every Kirby game since Kumazaki took the wheel and started designing the games. I mean, sure I like an Adventure homage, but we don't need this many. So far we have

>Kirby's Adventure HD Remix
>Kirby's Adventure Portable
>Kirby's Adventure OS Ver. Mk 2.0

And Star Allies looks to be

>Kirby's Adventure & Knuckles (Joe)

I hope that once Kumazaki takes a break, we'll get something more akin to the puzzle based platforming in DL2, the exploration based platforming in DL3 and Amazing Mirror, or even the actual platforming that came in Super Star. Something brand new would also be fine.

Until then, we're just going to keep getting the action based platforming from Adventure, over and over and over again. And again, I like it, but holy fuck am I ready for something different.

how dare you compare something fun like Adventure to the boring slow Kumazaki games
I mean I only played Nightmare in Dreamland but still

>Until then, we're just going to keep getting the action based platforming from Adventure, over and over and over again. And again, I like it, but holy fuck am I ready for something different.

Been saying this for years but the Kirbydrones of Sup Forums jump down my throat every time.

The music in the gameplay videos I've seen sounds pretty shitty aside from the boss music.

>we're just going to keep getting the action based platforming from Adventure
Good.

>we're just going to keep getting the action based platforming from Adventure
but it's more like Superstar
and even then it's more like a sluggish Superstar

It's painfully generic remixes we've heard already a million times.

what are your thoughts on the anime? and what are your thoughts on it in regards to the game's canon? do you see them as connected, for example?

borb

it's okay i'm on your side

I mean, it's okayy.

Definitely not canon though.

>what are your thoughts on the anime?
Kind of hated it desu. Dedede is the only redeeming factor.
>do you see them as connected
No, they contradict on too many things..

Only good thing about the English version were Dedede and Escargon. As for it in general, it's just okay.
>and what are your thoughts on it in regards to the game's canon?
That it isn't.

For me it'd be very hard to have PR topped, but I'd love to be surprised by this.

reason why i ask is that some people have seen it as sort of a prequel to the series
i say it fits, albeit really roughly

would be painful to watch without dedede and meta knight

>what are your thoughts on it in regards to the game's canon?
none at all, they exist in their own respective mediums barring one incidental (very loose) game adaptation

>do you see them as connected, for example?
absolutely not

It looks dope but I'm worried it might not be great solo in case it relies heavily on the multiple characters aspect which seems like it might be obtuse with CPUs. The few friends I have live all over the country and there's no netplay iirc. Gonna have to check the reviews before I buy this time.

No, the level design is very distinctly Adventure based.

Generally, it's extremely easy to navigate with little to no platforming challenge at any point, and overall the level design functions primarily to place enemies into positions that best let you show off abilities rather than being interesting in and of itself.

Contrast this to DL2, which had puzzles spanning throughout multiple rooms or even entire levels that were the puzzle, or DL3 where you could legitimately get lost in a single level and many levels had alternate routes. Super Star is less focused on the enemy placement and more on the level design itself in Spring Breeze, Dyna Blade, and Great Cave Offensive. Milky Way Wishes is definitely a little more similar to Adventure style, at least with level design. RoMK is definitely the odd one out though.

You might be getting confused with Kumazaki's games using SS's ability mechanics, which definitely came from Super Star, but while they were cool in Super Star the mechanics really shine in levels that focus primarily on enemies, which is what the Adventure remakes do. Slowing down the pace helps to focus on the enemies even more, since now you're less likely to just skip through them and they're more likely to catch you with stray hits, encouraging you to fight them more.

>in case it relies heavily on the multiple characters aspect which seems like it might be obtuse with CPUs
It looks like the usual thing where the AI just waddles over to puzzle solution and uses their ability if it can solve the puzzle. So far it doesn't even look complex.

>DL2, which had puzzles spanning throughout multiple rooms or even entire levels that were the puzzle
I must have played the wrong DL2
I remember just holding right most of the time

Daily reminder Sakurai is Miyamoto 2.0
Daily reminder all he did was creating the initial concept of the puffball we all know and love
Daily reminder the real reason why Kirby games (and any) smash game were good was because of HAL Labs, not sakurai
Daily reminder sakurai cock suckers need to get gassed
Daily reminder that the reason he left was because he couldn't boss other people around
Daily reminder the only reason why he got the special treatment was because Iwata saw him as a younger brother outside the workplace
Daily reminder that many years ago, an user here that went to Japan confirmed that Shimomura dude that worked on Kirby 64 left Hal because he had problems with iwata and since then has ran his own (successful) interior design firm and is happily enjoying his life

DL2 gets frustrating when you're trying to 100% it.

>Daily reminder that many years ago, an user here that went to Japan confirmed that Shimomura dude that worked on Kirby 64 left Hal because he had problems with iwata and since then has ran his own (successful) interior design firm and is happily enjoying his life
I miss that gooey tripfag, only good trip fag that did something special for this board by picking a trip to Japan just for this autismo obsession we had

No, that would be DL3

fuck the part where you need rick and spark, i always have trouble trying to get through it

fuck iceberg's rainbow drop

I'd really like a new amazing mirror game personally, the openness of it was great it was just hurt by limited power movesets.

>I must have played the wrong DL2
>I remember just holding right most of the time

Yeah, you did play the wrong one.

Or you're just remembering the first two worlds - which are honestly the worst first worlds in any Kirby game with how bland they get.

youtu.be/EI4QuYRtAbs?t=3738

3rd world starts going with the underwater mazes, Ice Berg, Red Canyon, and Cloudy Park all have puzzles going through several levels.

>implying he didn't bullshit all of you

The only puzzle I remember from DL2 is the one where you have to use spark kine to memorize the copy abilities you need to use to get the rainbow piece. Everything else was just OG Dreamland with copy abilities, the other collectables no more well hidden than the rare keychains/stickers from the 3ds games.

Absolutely no one was even talking about Sakurai.

We're bitching about how Kumazaki can't stop sucking Adventure's cock.

We get it, it's a nice, long cock, but sometimes we want something with a little more substance or girth instead.

>Dream Collection was the same year as the Wii U

Hwat

i never found out the proper way to do that, do you have to temporarily drop your ability or was i doing it the right way?

That should be the least surprising thing about that image.

Kirby games traditionally always show up near the end of a console's lifespan.

>not noticing that Kirby's games are usually late

Yeah, you actually do need to drop the ability.

I'm with you. I do dig the spin-offs, such as Rainbow Curse and Mass Attack, though.

It's not that, it was that I had no idea the Wii U was out until the WW HD Bundle had come out.

>Rainbow Curse
why

She's coming back THIS time, right bros?

>Rainbow Curse
s-surely you jestin

Spin-offs have all been great.

Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, Air Ride, Drum Dash.

We should only really get mad at spin-offs if they come at the cost of a main game, which luckily they haven't.

It just sucks that the main games haven't changed. At all. In a decade.

It's gonna happen this time.
I can feel it in my bones.

No. What's wrong with it?

>Will it be better than Robobot?
That's entirely dependent on the post game. I know squeak squad gets shit on a lot, but I'd love to see the chests return if it means we get all kinds of cool bonuses like an unlockable ability room, secret abilities, spray paints, etc. Then the extra game modes from Super star could get thrown in, even if they are shitty minigames with little effort.

I have no idea why Spray Paints were removed. They're awesome.

Yeah. I hear Battle Royale and Blowout Blast are kind of flaccid, but they still look good.

It's just a shittier Canvas Curse

I have no clue how people keep comparing them to superstar, the level design is so different. It's way more similar to adventure. Superstar is borderline metroidvania at times, it's most prominent in great cave offensive of course but that maze like design leaks out into everything else. Superstar was a fucking chore to play, Adventure's obstacle course is the best style for Kirby.

It needed more to do, I'd say. The rest is good.

>recycled bosses
>worst level design than Canvas
>slower than Canvas
>less content than Canvas
>multiplayer works against the gimmick
>garbage final boss
All it has going for it is the music and like half of it is sound test only.

>didgeridoo starts playing

Blowout Blast is solid, just short and not the kind of 3-D adventure everyone had initially hoped for, but it's good at what it tries to do.

Battle Royale... it's not BAD, but it's basically like Mario's Top 100 game - there's no real progression, so there's no reason to really continue playing after you've played each game once. As well, it has 10 games that take about a minute each, but with very little customization or variability in each game. They should have made 50 different games each playing very differently, or picked 2-3 of these games and just fleshed them WAY out so that they're actually fun to replay.

youtube.com/watch?v=uTr_WucX1Lg

I really feel they dropped the ball on Rick's remix, even though I don't know how to make it decent.

>Superstar was a fucking chore to play, Adventure's obstacle course is the best style for Kirby.
low iq post, KSSU was where kirby peaked

Rick's theme sucks.

I might check out Blow-Out Blast. Thanks, user.

That's a weird way of spelling 64.

not him, but blowout blast has a discount on mynintendo
it comes out to less than $5 which is pretty good if you didn't already pirate it

I don't know for certain.
They've REALLY dropped the ball if she isn't, so I hope they're not that ignorant.

Make way peasant

This man speaks truth

youtube.com/watch?v=wOmu0Q6rkCQ

>durr this game is the best because waifu
Shut up.

She might be a mid-boss like Whispy Woods. Probably got possessed by the evil heart things.

They didn't use her for two games focused on art and now Kirby has the ability as a full moveset with another witch-like helper. Wake the fuck up.

>He doesn't like mix abilities
>He doesn't like Chad 2.5D

youtube.com/watch?v=qZjQaHmQlzg

Basically, what you see is EXACTLY what you get for Blowout Blast.

If you played 3D Rumble on Planet Robobot, imagine exactly that same game, but instead of a single screen each level spans several screens worth of playing area.

I enjoyed it, but it really does come down to just being a high-score / combo game. If that sounds fun, then grab it.

That guy, I'll look at it tomorrow. Thanks!!

These are some cute haltmanns.

Super unlikely.

For all the throwbacks to Shimomura stuff they've had, Sakurai instilled the policy of "no humans" in Kirby's games shortly after N64's launch, and there's never been any indication that that policy's changed since.

why would he create a policy that only applies to a single character

It was in conjunction with the "No Humans" in the anime, but he felt it should apply to the games as well.

And it's not changed since.

because Adeleine was just a waifushit Paint Roller

I agree as well. While I'm sure Star Allies will be great fun, I'm afraid that the series is getting sterilized, not nearly as badly as NSMB, but it's definitely getting into a rut. They all play the same and run off the same engine, always have three optional collectibles to find in each stage in the same predictable vein as NSMB star coins/3D World green stars, and a baby-tier difficulty curve (while Kirby games were always easy, I feel like the new ones especially make Kirby way too strong, durable, and fast for his own good with hardly any drawbacks, to the point where enemies and obstacles hardly even matter).

I love the Shimomura games, but I don't necessarily want Kirby to go back in that direction, I just want to see the series go in new directions and be less afraid of shaking things up with its structure and format. That's part of what makes Superstar so cool and beloved, it's just a bunch of mini episodes each with their own feel, presentation, and rules. Kirby games after that point were sticking to one thing but still typically trying something that hadn't been done before (Kirby 64 going in hard with 2.5D perspectives/depth/camera angles in a way that Kumazaki Kirby games never really did, Amazing Mirror being a pseudo-Metroidvania, Squeak Squad putting focus on gathering all kinds of loot and hauling it to the goal in your bottom screen inventory), but new Kirby games just feel like they're doing the same thing over and over again but justifying it with a new tacked on gimmick every time. And just like the original NSMB, RTDL was like a gift from god at the time because we had been starved of a proper Kirby platformer for so long, but now that specific style of game is overstaying its welcome and I'm ready for any kind of big change in the formula.

Source? There's no evidence proving this claim.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he meant, but he's no longer in charge. And considering we've seen Adeleine in celebratory Kirby promotion, it would be quite the dick move to remove her a year after she started to regain momentum.

Did she rape your parents or something?

fucking anything could be better than robobot

>new ones especially make Kirby way too strong, durable, and fast
>some enemies take just as many hits as they did in Super Star
>durable
>based on Super Star's heavy hits = more damage
>fast
>Kirby is slower (though thankfully not 64/DL3 slow)

I want Crystal Shards

Go emulate it then, silly.

Why is he at school?

Crystal Shards was a nice game, as short as it was.
Everything was music, level design, enemy design and background design was brilliant.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzROIaEItjQ
HOLY MOTHER OF ASS I LOVE 64'S MUSIC

>not posting THE song

then again, I fucking love Snow too. I love every song they had.

youtube.com/watch?v=YAB0uPsSY8w

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrHdSNQxdY
this one too

that is also top tier choice

youtube.com/watch?v=cEfpKtXJI-w

You can't forget this one, either
youtube.com/watch?v=LIduNx7zW4I