Playing video games for over 20 years

>playing video games for over 20 years
>still fucking terrible at every single game, even single player games

I bet you play everything on easy and then wonder why you never improve.

What’s it like being bad at games? Specifically online games where you’re always near the bottom of the scoreboard

>tfw good at video games
>love beating hard as fuck games
Feels good

I don't, I just break my teeth on normal difficulty until I can't take it anymore and quit after hours of attempting the same roadblock

Frustrating and makes me want to die

Not a joke question, have you been checked for dyspraxia?

No, because I don't think it's that severe

I think I'm just retarded and incompetent

You'll never get good until you focus in having fun you dense motherfucker!

The only thing I can claim any sort of skill in is 2d platformers, and turn based RPGs. and I'm pretty sure the latter only needs a couple brain cells to rub together to be good at,

It's not fun to lose and die constantly. I don't have fun with games anymore. I would get rid of this hobby if I had something else I enjoyed to fill its space, but I don't.

For a long time I think the main thing I got out of video games was a sense of being powerful and having control over my environment and others, something sorely lacking in my own life, so I would play on easy by default and become very frustrated when losing (and still do).
In the last year or so I believe this has been balanced with other satisfactions, but up until now I'd say that was 80% of my motivation for playing games.
Could it be something similar for you?

I can't do strategy games.
I only have one strategy: attack aggressively, and if that doesn't work then I'm all out of ideas.

>Platformers
Actually good or just that you can beat most not all that challenging games?

just practice fag

You're letting shit affect you, when that happens put the controller down, relax and then the next day play again.

Maybe? I don't know. It's satisfying to beat a game but it's not worth the frustration of losing. That cancels it out. I just fucking hate losing. It reminds me of how much of a pathetic shitstain I am.

How? Fucking how? Everyone says this, and they don't say what they fucking mean.

I have put time in. I have put too much time in. I don't improve. Or I improve so marginally that it's fucking embarrassing. I don't know how to improve. And at the end of the day it's like, fucking why? It's a video game. What the fuck am I doing with my fucking life that I pour so much time and energy and emotional stake into these shitty things and still come out failing

Have you tried using your brain

Good one. Funny.

Of course I'm letting it fucking affect me, it's a direct reflection of my skill and my competency

It’s about having fun. If you aren’t you will do poorly.

Do what i did and just stop playing games for a while.
Seriously. games are enjoyable when you have other things going on or you havent played anything in a month or two. Losing happens in games all the time but it happens more when you dont enjoy the game or you are upset.
Its more of a mind thing than a skill thing.
My suggestion? put the game down for a bit and focus on other things in your life. anything else.
even just watching tv or youtube or some shit.
Then if you feel like playing for the ENJOYMENT then you will see a difference.
Another suggestion is to take a break from Sup Forums a bit too.
This place is really depressing and whenever i take breaks from this website im honestly happier after a while too.

It's not fun to lose or make no progress for hours at a time.

Yeah I get pretty mad, I think like you say it's the feeling that that it means something about me. Still don't touch competitive multiplayer games.
Also I've got a lot of repressed anger. Losing at video games gives me lots of opportunities to vent. Something I need I think, unfortunately for my xbox controller.

The gameplay in most games can be broken down into very simple statistical, economic, or geometric problems. Once you figure out the crux of a certain game it's usually as simple as using a trick that is brain dead easy to implement.

Dumb sissy anime boi.

Can you beat Kirby's Dream Land 3? That game is so easy it hurts.

>scoreboard

probably plays overwatch

Your mood is what dictates that in a fair share.

I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was 3

what game op

>start playing an old game with people who've been playing it for over a decade
>mfw quickly end up becoming better than the vast majority of the playerbase, even the ones that are considered genuinely great players
>same happens to any game that I play
Feels good lads.

>it's not fun to lose
There's your problem faggot. The problem is that you want to win. Change that to wanting to improve. Death becomes a good thing precisely because it means that there is still something to improve at, you simply need to take a moment to consider what your mistake was. That's quite difficult when you get angry over dying. Of course sometimes you'll realize that you only died because the game is poorly designed. That will be a fun experience.

this, it's all about mentality and OP has shit mentality

Well at least you can admit you're bad at games. You're already better then people like DSP who don't admit it.

>this entire thread

friendly reminder that if games aren't fun and you're not enjoying yourself then you're doing it wrong

Trial and error. Youre not going to be good at a game until you learn from mistakes. I started playing R6Siege 2 months ago. I was dogshit. Im talking no kills and 3-6 deaths per game. Like 80% loss rate too. I kept at it and now im alot better with about a 60% win rate and averaging 3-5 kills per game. You learn the game through trial and error. You got to stick with a game you like and keep playing.

Not OP, but Kirby games frustrate me because I never know If I should take the first dooe or keep going and take a different door. I feel like i'm not optimizing my playthrough and wind up turning it off.

>Mfw I actually found the Final boss in SS difficult.
I'm terrible at this i don't know why I even play them.

cummy cummy in kummys tummy

To add to this, stop playing games on normal faggot. Play on the hardest difficulty available right from the start so that you know there's no hope of winning in the first place. Not only will this make it easier to change your priorities, but you will improve faster with the greater pressure the game provides. Do your research though, some older PC games intentionally make the hardest difficulty impossible or nearly impossible, that or they're hard in a way that makes them undesirable for a first playthrough. DOOM is a good example of the second, Ultra Violence is best for the first few times through the game. Nightmare has respawning enemies, so it's pointless to play it before you've memorized every single stage. You need to be able to run through the game as quickly as possible only killing things that are blocking your path in order to survive nightmare.
Try being a bit less autistic. Optimizing your playthrough isn't something you should be able to do the first time around in every game.