Oh boy Sup Forums...

Oh boy Sup Forums, I can't wait to play SotC with all these fancy upgraded graphics! Just look how much better the one on the right is!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HsouyuZDNX4
teamico.wikia.com/wiki/The_Colossi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But, that's the original. Wait a minute...

Which is the remaster?

The one on the left looks better. Has a more CGI look. Doesn't rely on bloom effects to hide detail.

Right: bleak and forboding
Left: Bright and cheerful
Why do Bluepoint claim to be fanboys, when it's obvious they didn't get the original at all?

Hahaha.
That looks fucking stupid. Nothing looks like it’s part of the same scene.
Why can’t anybody do anything fucking right.

But that's uncharted!

with one of the new filters and fog it would look most atmospheric on the left

where did the atmosphere go

meant for >what the shit happened

Here's the original.

They fucking missed the fucking point of the atmosphere, holy fucking shit.
I'M SO FUCKING PISSED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And here's the remake. Thoughts?

MENTAL. FUCKING. ILLNESS.

One runs at a decent frame rate, is all I can take from that besides slight color differences.

>that shitty shaking

>Want to play SOTC
>It emulates like shit
>The Ps3 version is broken
>The Ps4 version looks terrible
What do I do?

Get a PS2 and the Original.

It's 100x worse in the original though.

The PS3 version is actually fine.

I've never played sotc and have zero intrest in doing so

>old thread died, makes new one instantly
fuck off op
also fuck SoC, started hd version, killed first collosi and closed it Ico is better

I keked

It looks that way for performance reasons you absolute fucking retard. The fog and """atmosphere"" was to cover for the PS2's hardware. It feels foreboding because it LOOKS like absolute shit.

it's way worse in the original, so

remake look good here. It's very evident that the remake does look good in some places and worse in others in one or more ways. Not everywhere is ruined.

My friend is a bit SotC fan and he told me something about the grip/balance mechanic being glitched and much weaker in the Ps3 version, and how they "fixed" some of the cool tricks you could perform like flipping up from the sword to the head of the one colossus by timing a jump right

The fog and atmospheric effects are part of what causes the game to run so poorly. They were very much a deliberate design choice.

Getting rid of all that blurriness is a good thing.

>The fog and atmospheric effects are part of what causes the game to run so poorly
source on this claim

I'm sorry that you're retarded

step aside weebs

Emulate the PSP version.

>and how they "fixed" some of the cool tricks you could perform like flipping up from the sword to the head of the one colossus by timing a jump right
pretty sure you can still do that. might be harder though, not quite sure

>Effects only exist because of hardware limitations
How quickly people forget.

I'm curious, does the remake have dynamic weather and fog and such everywhere? I have a feeling it sort of changes depending. Like around the tower, in some videos it's gloomy and foggy and very atmospheric, and in other videos it's sunny and totally clear.

basic game development knowledge

same as why waterfalls make games laggy, more shit to load.

i could get around the graphics but what the fuck is UP WITH THE UI. The pink stamina circle and healthbar are so iconic, this looks like random shit from unity

Nope, just Instagram filters.

Are there really people who haven't realized that "remastered" in the context of video games simply means "ported" and nothing more?

How do you know though for sure, when the game isn't out?

ps3 is okay. it's a bit to cleaned up for my liking, but still good

It's been available to streamers for a while now, and there's been literal hours of gameplay footage from Bluepoint.

Ported, and full upgrade for everything such as higher texture quality/resolution.

People have already got Plat Trophy & 1 guy has collected 48 of the hidden coins

>basic game development knowledge
so you don't have a source, okay. I imagine the fog was added to cover up the massive popin that would have otherwise resulted from the game's very low draw distance. mr "basic knowledge"

JUST

Thanks. Do you happen to have a video link that shows off the filters? I'm curious to see how the different ones look.

first of all I don't think it's iconic at all. second, iconic =/= good. the pink stamina circle looks like shit and I remember commenting, the day I played it on PS2 in 2008, "wow that looks like shit." the new one, while still pretty crappy looking, looks slightly better imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsouyuZDNX4

Why not add a "Classic" filter and attempt to regain some of that dark ambience.

How do i know that this is not just comparing the original l with the remake and one of the FILTER options turned on?

The remake has shit filters that can be turned on if you wanna mess with the image like the op is insinuating the whole looks like.

>find picture
>pretend it's bad
pretty much these threads from the beginning

people have such a hate on for fog. Everyone so obsessed with being able to see across the fucking world that they forget about shit that gives atmosphere.

The mono filter looks close enough to the original that I might pick this up desu

the mono filter is kinda close

i was gonna say that.

Thanks. Some of these will help with the atmosphere at least. Good thing they decided to include this.

Like the developers said, they tried to stay somewhat true to the original, that result is probably a middle ground. I'm sure there are people in here would have a fit if there was a total overhaul in UI as well, just imagine.

JUST
U
S
T

> another remake that misses the point of the previous art direction completely

nothing new here

I just noticed that the HD reverse cover art for SOTC isn't the same as the original PS2 boxart, except for the small portrait of it on the actual front cover. Maybe because Ico totally overshadows it with its original US boxart being shit and me not noticing it. The original seems like the first encounter with the colossi in a peaceful setting. The second one looks like the wanderer is ready to fight, it's also the one from the PAL version but with the wanderer moved to the right. And Japan which has the wanderer chasing a colossi, similar to the PS4 remake. I think US had the best one for PS2.

You can see the ruins have different geometry in the rehash, and they've added grass.

The fog's a big fucking deal in this instance, it hides how shallow the world box is. Removing it makes the game look a ton worse.

Also the remake gave all the collosi rececced blue eyes, where 15 originally had white eyes

What the fuck do you even mean? I don't even care about this shit and I know this game just has a hard-on for scale

The world box was shallow because Team Silent wanted that area to be super foggy, not the other way around.

Found the Bluepoint employee! How's the launch party going?

I love how trolls sort out the gullible retards who fall for posts like this.

>misses the point of the previous art direction completely
art direction is a broad term, means more than you think it means obviously in this case, and you're wrong to say they missed everything completely.

The classic cover always gave me a Don Quiote vibe. Like Wanda didn't really anticipate what he was getting ready to do until he was actually faced with doing it, and being sort of out of body when come face to face with the colossus.
The second one makes him look valiant and resolved, which Wanda is, but in a more subdued, honest way. He looks too overtly heroic in the new cover.

Right looks like Breath of the Wild.

What is this exactly?

Joke's on you. I don't even have a job

Wander is slightly more prone to stumbling/entering the helpless state whenever a colossus moves or shakes. It just makes stabbing slightly harder because the window is smaller

>Wanda

environments generally look better but everything else is pretty much fucked.

SOTC emulates fine you just have to have a good CPU if you want over 30 fps.

>I imagine
Man you're an idiot, are you still here?

That’s not true at all retard they always had blue eyes. Maybe you should try actually playing the game, this REmake is a good opportunity

Thats the guy's name. The girl's name is Momo.

user.... no need to lie..

teamico.wikia.com/wiki/The_Colossi

He is mistaken but they weren't glowy blue in the original.

The remake definitely triumphs here, good fog/color, good atmosphere and nice lighting, but I wish there would be more dust and dirt particles from the impact like in the original webm.

also captcha is fucking unbearable right now...

Yeah, it looks way better, nostalgiafag

>not knowing Sotc came out pre-hd (even if it had futureproofing like mgs games) and tvs at the time couldn't process and project extremely vibrant values correctly.
Videogames were never a perfect art, the hardware limits many things and we don't get the intended result.

Did they add anything new besides a coat of paint?

PS3 version will always be the best one.

Original graphics and animation at 60fps

Dunno why but I prefer the original's rounder face better.

>no shadows
>just fine
i'm so sorry for you.

I completely disagree. I don't understand how you can like that they made the entire are some gray blob.

nice fucking strawman, i played the original game on my chipped ps2.

who wants to be the one to tell him

>sotc ps3
>60fps
pick 1

Once again the original is better.
Embarrassing.

Goddamn.

I guess the PS2 version has so much slowdown the PS3 one felt like 60.

I'm sorry.

It has shadows though.

No way the PS3 remaster looks like that. I'm s u're the textures are way higher resolution than that