Why do Mexicans love KOF so much?

Why do Mexicans love KOF so much?

in the 90's you could find KOF arcades in almost every local market in México, that's it basically.

Same as Brazil, you could/can find a Kof arcade in every local bar/market, even the thugs play it

People in Latin America loved arcades because console were expensive as fuck in the 90s

I was lucky that my father worked at a electronics distributor in the 90's

Because kof is good
I was rich? All my friends had consoles too

The sega genesis was like a 100 bucks back then.

Even in USA a brand new console was expensive

So all my cousins were rich then we all had nintendo consoles up to the GC
No one bought a wii thankfully

Nintendo was for rich kids, the exception was maybe the famicom.

Arcades everywhere

I see I always thought it was normal back then

I had a SNES too, but it was used

Look at this richfag

NeoGeo cabs were cheaper. Also multicarts. Street Fighter II and its bootlegs were popular until they changed to CPS-2 hardware which was more expensive.

But my one Mexican friend loves Tekken

I love Jenet

As do I
She better be in heroines

Why do Amerimutts like being obese so much and hating on other nationalities?

KoF is popular all over the world. It's just murrica and Europe that pass it up.

You mean like Mexicans?

I never seen a mexican that looks like Angel.

To be honest, she looks more like a Japanese

Just like you've never seen a white girl that looks like Leona, or an asian girl that looks like Athena.

Wait you is telling me these character might not be real?

This Mexican girl kinda looks like her

/thread
they like most traditional fighters for this reason

You are all retarded, here's the actual reason.

In Mexico local shops are extremely common, because they ultimately all sell the same shit and because its mostly the kids that walk to the store they started buying arcade machines so kids would spend the spare change to play. Shops closest to school were often nothing but huge arcades full of sweaty nerds playing arcade games all day.

this.
4 or 5 games on the space and hardware of 1.

Artist's name?

A better question would be why is it only Mexicans that love KoF

I don't know unfortunately

and China

Peru here
KOF arcades were everywhere back in the day

And Brazil

Not really.

THIS!

>Mom: Juuuaaannn! Go to Doña Dorita's tiendita (little shop) and bring me this and that, here's 20 pesos.
>Juan: Doña Dorita, I need this and that please.
>Doña Dorita: Sure.. Here's the change sweetie.
>*Little Juan passes the KoF 98 arcade machine with coins in his pocket*
> -15 minutes later-
>Mom: Where's the change?
>Juan: ...wut chu takin bout?
>5 to 10 chanclazos (mom's sandal's critical hits) later: I'm getting better with Blue Mary but Jose keeps beating me.

That's pretty much why. The names may differ but the story is the same for most of us. I had consoles at home but playing other kids you don't see that often was always funner.

BEAUTIFUL VICTORY

de donde son?
que juegan?
que juego se piensan comprar pronto?
waifu?

Cause spic countries seem to be at least a decade behind us. Arcades are still popular in Mexico so naturally a fightan game like KoF will be popular.
t.spic

>fictional characters aren't representative of reality

>Panama
>Monster Hunter World
>God of War
>thats faggotry

>god of war
GOOOOOOODS WHERE IS MY WIFE'S SON

Different countries like different things. Japan like Darkstalkers. America likes Marvel. But as business gets bigger and more globalized that sort of thing will end, because no executive will be happy until every single person on the planet is buying their thing. Look at how obsessed Hollywood has been with China recently for an example.

snk's machines were cheaper or something like that. that's why they grew up with kof instead of sf

Cheaper and easier to pirate. From 1993 onward Capcom's arcade games had heavy encryption that took about a decade to crack.

It's because it has a lot of mexicans in it.

Mexico
Cladun returns this is sengoku
MHW for PC
Tu mama

>Make sudaca team
>Everyone is Brazilian

What did SNK mean by this?

Have you you looked at Fightcade states at any given time?
Also the gril is Colombian

is this fig worth the 200+ bucks?
I want to get a Mai figure.

I want to marry Leona!

It was fairly obvious Zarina was going to be Brazilian

>Lives in Brazil
>Fighting style is Capoeira
>Wants to protect Coco, a bird usually found in Brazilian jungle

That's not entirely true. I had a SNES growing up and i wasn't rich, just middle class. And brazilian middle class = kind of poor but not that much

How do you explain game centers in japan?

People commute by train and game centers are always close. But these days, only the bigger ones are still there.

SNK cabinets were cheaper than pretty much any other arcade cabinet. That's why China, Mexico and Brazil loves KOF so much. Since people had less money to expend, the arcade's owners would usually rather buy the cabinet that's almost like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, but cheaper.

That's a pretty beautiful Leona pic.

if u had a quarter, would u play the game that let u pick one character or the game that let you pick three characters?

But people already have trouble picking up a single character.

It's not uncommon for people to just live in Brazil that does cultural relevant things to the Brazilian people. There isn't a social stigma if you are a foreigner and does Capoeira, just the opposite actually.

So yeah I actually like that bit of her character. I expected her to be a generic "hot/cute Brazilian girl" but this small change paired with how unique the actual Brazilian character is made me happy.

Also she is cute!

>$180 CAD
but i want to hot glue it so bad tho T_T

What the fuck is with sandals man? How the hell did they turn the floppiest footwear into a weapon to surpass metal gear?

>Monterrey
>Pendejadas en el celuar porque todavia no me asimilo al trabajo
>SMT Deep Strange Journey
>todas o ninguna, la verdad no se.

in ALL seriousness, I fucking hate SF5, like Tekken 7 and think Guilty Gear is cool AF

dont want to play Injustice 2 cause comics are kind of faggy

should I get KOF 14?

>hating on other nationalities
like we give any fucks at all.

Arcades are dead in Mexico

Back in the 00's every single corner had an arcade machine that had a MAME emulator built it. Everyone played a modded KOF 2002 version with unlimited supers.

They also had arcade machines with modded OG Xboxes that had a bunch of downloaded games. A peso would give you 10 minutes of gameplay.