So now that the dust has settled, what's the Sup Forumserdict?

So now that the dust has settled, what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZAEuIDTyiHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unfinished trash game with DLC up your ass. 4/10

Game is still in beta. Release not until March. How has the dust settled?

Sup Forums hates every game. the DLC episodes should have been part of the base game. The movie should have been a playable prologue.

bad combat
bad open world
bad story
full price early access game

bad game

A complete mess of the game.

Fucking Early Access

It's still shit

what the fuck else were you expecting

>story
It’s pretty generic and the game is heavily focused on Noctis, so there are times when the player is also left in the dark because Noctis is unaware of something
6/10
>characters
Fun but very cliched and mostly one dimensional. Not a lot of NPC’s and moist exist solely as quest giver.
7/10
>world
Gorgeous and vibrant. Not a lot of ecosystem, but the ones we do get are great. It’s very cool to see a modern world translated to open world so remarkably.
9/10
>music
Original tracks are great, but the option to replay old soundtracks make this a big plus.
10/10
>gameplay
Combat is fun but takes a little to get used to. Overall, it feels very fluid and smooth, with the only occasional hiccup being against fast moving large enemies where they can sometimes cause Noctis to slide in position or spaz out. New magic system makes magic seem important but still fairly balanced.
8/10
>overall
A good game, falling a bit short of great. There’s better final fantasies out there, it there’s also worse ones. Probably one of the shorter open world game thanks to the cool car feature, definitely pick it up if you enjoy open world games. Don’t play if you’re a hardcore jrpg traditionalist or or looking for a life changing experience.

8/10

The quintessential 7 out of 10 experience, if you ask me. Good with great moments, yet unpolished and blatantly unfinished. Even a newcomer would have a hard time not noticing the seams.

Versus 13 or Nomura's should've been the one to have come out, not that piece of shit. I don't care if the game came out in fucking 2030.

Overall mediocre, but I think its positives slightly outweigh its negatives overall. I'd say it's about the dictionary definition of a 7/10.

>Combat is fun but takes a little to get used to.

it takes a while to get used to Holding O?

Correction, it's a 6 or 7/10 that needed to be 8 or 9 minimum for it to be worth all the bullshit preceding it. The flack isn't surprising.

Yeah, you have to know the different weapon properties and unique moves, which points are breakable with which weapon, and how to best maximize damage, as well as recognize enemy move set for best placement.

There is seriously a lot of dust around here considering it keeps on settling

The game? Trash

I'm waiting for a complete edition

>Yeah, you have to know the different weapon properties and unique moves, which points are breakable with which weapon, and how to best maximize damage, as well as recognize enemy move set for best placement.

and none of this knowledge is needed to beat the game

>Yeah, you have to know the different weapon properties and unique moves, which points are breakable with which weapon, and how to best maximize damage, as well as recognize enemy move set for best placement.

when did we start talking about Monster Hunter mechanics?

This is a FFXV thread.

if i have never played a ff game can i play this or am i going to be lost as fuck? already bought it btw so i guess it's a pointless question

Pretty much every FF is standalone outside of a few minor cases or directly named sequels.
XV has almost nothing in common with the rest of series anyway.

None of the FF games are directly connected outside of:
X/X-2
XIII/XIII-2/XIII Lighting Returns

>bought ffxv on black friday for $15
>$20 royal edition update with doesn't include dlc
>$25 season pass
>$15 dvd prologue
>royal edition is $50 with dlc included
i hate modern gaming

i'm coming back to gaming after a(very long) hiatus. do you really need to buy all this extra shit or what? like the dlc is just extra shit you can take or leave right, if you really love the game and want more you can get it? and the prolouge for 15 dollars i assume you buy if you are insane? what the fuck is the season pass? i'll gladly take any abuse about being old as fuck and out of touch for not playing games for 10 years if anyone can give me some answers here. thanks in advance

>giving an empty open world 9/10
>giving a soundtrack that's 90% rehashed a 10/10
>giving the combat of all things an 8/10
You're like the culmination of shit taste.
And the music of the old games being good doesn't warrant giving XV credit for it. That's like saying Justin Bieber is great because he playbacks at his concerts.

You also forgot to mention the -10/10 loading/waiting times this turd has.

the DLC patches in holes in the story

most of the game is victim to "tell, don't show" storytelling. The DLC brings in the "show" part

>what the fuck is the season pass?
the DLCs fro Ignis, Promto, and Gladios. Plus it has the Multiplayer DLC

yes, Tataba thought a fucking single player JRPG needed multiplayer

You judge by what's possible, not by what's needed, user. Otherwise every game would be boring.

Probably not that obtuse, but there are some neat tricks you have to learn with the movesets.

You forgot:

IV/After Years
VII/Before Crisis/Dirge of Cerberus/Crisis Core (+ Advent Children + X universe)

nice so 60 dollars or whatever for the game isn't enough now? never thought i would reminisce about the days of just buying a game and playing it.

Solid 7, maybe 8 depending on whats in the Episodes

>You judge by what's possible,
the game also failed to tell you that shit

>nice so 60 dollars or whatever for the game isn't enough now?
nope.

What more do you want? There's dungeons and almost every area is subjected to a hunt. There's hidden fishing spots, and the side quests takes you all over. The ecosystems are neat And just understanding the basic geography of the whole thing is neat, like the littler craters where pieces of the meteor split apart before the whole thing landed in the big crater. The original songs were great. having an English singer do the main theme song was a very nice choice for a global game, as was using a global hit. The battle music is nice and the game always knows when to kick it up a notch for the dramatic moments. And combat is fun. It carries pretty much the entire game.

The game doesn't need to. It rewards exploring the combat system.

>early access
So is the full game releasing anytime soon? If so, under what name?

It is an okay JRPG and a middling Final Fantasy game

>So is the full game releasing anytime soon? If so, under what name?

you get a semi full edition (Royal Edition) that has everything released up to that point

but SE said that a second DLC pass is on it's way so it won't be the complete edition

>The game doesn't need to. It rewards exploring the combat system.
the combat system is so fucking braindead and the game doesn't even reward you for finding any neat tricks.

>Combat is fun but takes a little to get used to. Overall, it feels very fluid and smooth
It feels unresponsive as all shit and sparks no innovation given Noctis' unique concept. Noctis' weapon animations are not only boring they are badly animated since he just flails shit around like a child, the animations are restricted to a shitty "hold down button to do attack" system so there is not pleasure found in literally any other game with a sword where "One button hit = One weapon attack".

2B handles a teleporting sword better than the definitive Teleporty sword man. Tabata cannot do combat as he has proven throughout every game he has done.

I've just got to Chapter 10, and I'm not about to say the game has taken a nosedive but holy shit you guys weren't lying when you warned me the cut content would be obvious.

Pic very much related, how the fuck did that happen?

Anyway I brought him along to the dungeon because I thought it would be funny but also so he didn't lose out on the XP, and I should have seen this coming but he has a walking stick and is a total liability right now

Was led to believe from various sources over the years that Niflheim and Tenebrae were huge impressive kingdoms in their own right, but they're a literal train ride away from one another with nothing in between.
The land is all desert, but both were described as cold and forested so.....

Oh, and if THAT is the state of the rest of the world's notable civilisations its a wonder Niflheim could ever defeat Lucis, which had vast (albeit monster infested) fertile lands, and despite this only bothers to develop the capital into a supercity, leaving the provinces to wallow

The only other real city is Lestallum, who's only contribution to the world is allegedly a land where, according to Iris "a city where women do all the work!" which is either a blatant lie from her, some in-lore word-bending by Lestallum City Council, or something that got lost in translation from Japanese

Still enjoying the game, just worried it's gonna get worse. Seriously, if the journeys between the mine-forest place, Tenebrae, and Niflheim was going to be so on rails, it wouldn't have killed Square-Enix to put them into different worldspaces,and give off the illusion of some distance. Again, the fact that the game had undeveloped rural countryside for days up until this point leads me to think they rushed this bit, because now these other kingdoms feel completely overhyped, while at the same time vastly outstretching their own capabilities

Altissia was nice. Shame it comprised of Venice on acid, and even that got blown to bits by the giant tapeworm goddess

That isn't even remotely true. Most of the moves outside of Daggers and sword are short shitty combos with nothing going for them.

better than nier: shitomata

Exploring XV's combat system is like exploring a 5km square field of grass with nothing on it.

I can tell it was made by a man who specifically states he hates typical action RPG combat.

>Pic very much related, how the fuck did that happen?

SE expects you to shell out money for DLC to get the answer

>I can tell it was made by a man who specifically states he hates typical action RPG combat.
said statement

The dust is far from settled. Ask again when it's finished after the fifth re-release special edition.

Not really. Nier A is maybe a 7/10 in my book but that game actually bothered to actually change the environments and not over bloat them with unnecessary amounts of open fields, have a cohesive story and tell a very multifaceted story, actually had a good combat system with good animations to match. Nier Automata fucking dwarfs this shit stain Luminous Engine, paid for tech demo that is Final Fantasy 15 and its shitty, over hyped "Universe".

BUILT
FOR
SEX

>he wastes his time on single-player FF when the MMO kino that is FF14 exists

Never trust a man to do an action combat game if his main gripe with the concept is that you have to push buttons a lot. Jesus get someone from Capcom or Platinum to fix that shit because Inhouse obviously sucked cock at making it both look and feel good.

>Jesus get someone from Capcom or Platinum to fix that shit because Inhouse obviously sucked cock at making it both look and feel good.

they needed to take a lesson from Yoko Taro

No, the combat execution is simple, but that doesn't mean there aren't fun things you can't do with it. The charged great sword attack, for example, is probably your strongest attack, because it also gives you armor. The spear can lead to a free air attack if you don't have the skills for it yet. Daggers can teleport you away after a combo. And that's not even getting into the DLC weapons or the royal arms. End-game weapon properties mean the one with the best stat isn't often the best weapon to use.

>but that doesn't mean there aren't fun things you can't do with it
I had more fun with DmC's combat.

No one's comparing the two, user
>FFXV's combat is fun
>yeah, but it's not as fun as X game
It doesn't have to be. Why can't you get that.

Playing through the game you can just feel the development hell and the toll it took on it. It honestly seems like they just wanted to be fucking done with it and finally move on. 15 has decent ideas just executed really badly. I'd want them to expand on it with a fresh mind moving forward towards 16 but who knows.

FULLY

Hoping that modders can fix what square clearly can't fucking do. Obviously first priority is nude mods

Chocobro nudes when? Particularly of pic related.

Story
>buy and download the rest to find out even though you already bought the game
Combat
>press and hold circle
Story
>meh, pretty forgettable
Characters
>actually pretty likable
World
>openworld is a shit, a bunch of nothing

Better than 13 trilogy, but still kinda bad overall.

>lolsorandom xD Kefka 2.0 villain who just HAPPENED to be an ancient demon and the original king, tho no one realized

The epitome of lazy fan fiction-tier writing.

>The epitome of lazy fan fiction-tier writing
I've actually seen fanfiction more professionally written than this.

The sad part is that most of the lore and shit comes from fanficiton or info from guides

I enjoyed my first playthrough. The ending even had me teared up. But now I keep seeing them Jew the everloving shit out of the game. Like it was good, but not THAT good, guys. Move on already.

is royal edition worth picking up for cheap?

If you've never played it before. If you have, it's not worth the do-over.

Better than XIII, but still resoundingly "Eh" all around as a game. If you want a boy band simulator and enjoy interacting with husbandos, it's an easy 10/10. As a Final Fantasy or even just a JRPG, it's borderline average

this looks fucking terrible

Graphic : Great BEST in 2017
Combat : for fag,noob and beginner not thing to be challenge
Boss : Real joke easy to kill on skill no difficult
World : Fucking bad only 2 city in this game
Costume : You can only wear 2 costume in this game and 4 for DLC
Quest : Same Same Same
Character : you are gangster tour hold world and can play only noctis.
Romance : You can not romance anyone
Heroine: I finish this game 1 year ago and the story line don't give you see hero meet heroine just only conversation are not allow.
Story : Very bad unclear only one way don't have another ending
Social reaction / Online / multiplay : To be honest on my facebook I not see my friend play this game anymore after 2 month when it's release this game is quick dead.

what language is this?

On launch - 5.5/10
Right now - 7/10
By the time royal edish releases could be an 8

Also Aranea fight is one of the few fun fights in the game
youtu.be/ZAEuIDTyiHc