Sup Forums Plays Fire Emblem 3 Book 2

Last threads:

Last time:
>We started chapter 8
>We found God Emperor Hardin on the map, just standing there
>The professional motherfucker CAIN joined us...
>...And immediately died to a 70% hit 3% crit chance critical hit
>We found and recruited Bantu, who once again lost his dragonstone
>But fortunately we had a spare for him
>Things were going smoothly, until turn 6
>GOD EMPEROR HARDIN STARTED MOVING TOWARDS US
>AND HE SPAWNED REINFORCEMENTS BEHIND HIM
>AND HE SENT ASTRIA'S BREAK-A-BITCH BRIGADE AFTER US
>Things were looking bad, but Gordin was able to get to George and recruit him before Hardin could kill any of my units
>However, Bantu got killed by a 5% crit before the throne could be seized
>Then Marth and co escaped on a boat, knowing they just barely escaped complete disaster

And that's where we left off. This a blind ironman run done by me, from time to time I will ask you guys to make decisions such as who to deploy, what items to buy, which unit to use stat boosters on, etc. So far only Cain, Bantu, and Julian has died, but it was voted to reset for Julian because he's needed for the best ending.

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/222-Theme-of-Love.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh boy I hope you guys are ready for a desert level.

>Ominous preparation music
I'm terrified already.

A word of advice: Don't ever stop pushing forward.

Do Falcon Knights get 40 luck upon promotion like in Gaiden?

Is it time for the wyverns?

Pegasus knights promote into Wyvern knights.

Any changes?

>Originally appeared in Gaiden
>not a staple till Holy War
Huh honestly wouldn't have guessed

Oh look, more worldbuilding, explaining how magic came to be taught to humans, and that strong and/or personalized tomes like Aura and Excalibur are made using the powers of the Spheres, which is why Starlight needed to be created using them.

Looks fine to me, although maybe swap Rody or Cecil out for Malliesia.

Rody for Sirius

Can argue with that change, there's a fuck ton of mages on this stage and Sirius hasn't seen some action for a while.

Forgot to mention, any more changes?

It may have been better to wait to promote Palla because she lost a lot of res on promotion.

Navarre for Sheeda

Sheeda will also be very useful here, too bad she has only 6 (SIX) strength.

Any final changes?

Replace Ogma with Navarre.

Done.

Who gets the +5 weapon level? If you want to see a unit's weapon level just ask.

Is there anyone who is struggling with weapon level? because it seems everyone is doing fine with that.

No, that desert chapter is a bit later.
Diet Nigger, don't read this spoiler, just know that you should not stop moving forward: Astram and the break-a-bitch brigade didn't give up at the bridge.

How are Feena and the clerics doing wlv-wise?

Here's all of the units I'm deploying that have below 10 weapon level. Malle has 9 weapon level but she isn't being deployed.

Give it to Feena for front line dancer antics

Feena.

I guess use it on Feena, then.

Have Marth and Julian head east to secure the treasure chests, and then have them split up: Marth heads north to the village, while Julian obtains one last wrinkle of the map design.

Feena gets it.

Now time to mess around with their items, give me a minute. If you want to see someone's stats just ask.

Take that fucking wig off Cordelia.

And we're off!

And look who it is!

If she's so torn up about marth, why doesn't she just go to valentia and find someone else there? that always seems to work out.

Necessary listening:
serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/222-Theme-of-Love.mp3

She isn't. Stop trying to paint Catria as Cordelia.

What's this? Character building?

Now I want to see Michalis and Camus being bros with each other.

well they both favor Gundam coats

It's always sad to realize that even though the Michalis archetype started with a character who could've easily qualified for Camus categorization, it ended up just being a blanket term for narcissistic, unlikable assholes by the time of FE5.

Shame we can't recruit him in this game, but there's no way I'm playing Kris Emblem.

You shouldn't be recruiting him period.

Kind of like how the OG Jagen is serviceable enough to work as filler for most of the game, even though a Jagen is supposed to fall off after the earlygame.

Recruiting him ruins his character arc anyways, so I prefer it this way, even if he's absolutely busted in FE12.

That never happened

That's more the fault of FE1 and 3's threat scaling than anything to do with Jeigan himself.

I have a feeling I should trust Jeigan because he's never been wrong. However I'm still reluctant to trust old man tacticians after playing Tear Ring Saga.

You should listen to Jeigan

Jeigan is the real homie

>All these wyvern knights
Time for the murderous duo to have some fun.

Forgot image.

Shit, did I fuck up by not bringing Wendel?

You're doing fine, dude. Just keep that in your head for next chapter.

Not this time but you'll want to bring wendell next map

The fact of the matter is that most people think "Jagen = Bad Growths = Bad" and "Oifey = Decent/Good Growths = Good" when it isn't that simple.
Jagen doesn't fall off for a significant portion of the Archanea games, despite his less than stellar growths. Even in FE11 Hard 5* he still puts in work for most of the game.
Meanwhile, let's compare him to the other character with an archetype, Oifey. Oifey starts to fall off around halfway through Gen 2, and by the Last 2-3 chapters he has a lot of trouble contributing anything, even if you severely fucked up pairings/inheritance. Sure, he has good-ish growths, but without any crazy skills or Holy Weapons, he doesn't have much going for him.
Not every Jagen is FE6 Marcus/Arran, and not every Oifey is Seth/FE9 Titania.

FRONT
LINE
FEENA

WE MUST GO FASTER

Oifey is a meaningless descriptor nowadays, since back then the mindset was that high growths = good character. Now there really isn't a big difference between a jeigan who is still usable for a lot of the game and a oifey who is useful for roughly the same amount of time.

That's due to context and metagaming, not because of growths. FE11 Jeigan and FE12 Arran are useful because of just how much bullshit the highest difficulties throw at you. Marcus and Seth are useful because they make LTCing much, much easier when they're around. Oifaye is bad because the threats in FE4 Gen 2 eventually scale to such utterly retarded levels that the only units that can stand up to them are a select few number of Holy Blooded Elect, if not just Ares and Tyrfing Celice.

It's been a while, but Sirius is back on the battlefield.

HELL YEAH, BACK TO BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY.

Even the Wiki is struggling to realize stuff like that. I've heard they've added an additional category called "True Jeigan" out of the desperate hope that it'll help categorization better.

I'm getting flashbacks to another certain invincible paladin.

>The wiki
I wanna see wiki writers play FE, they seem to have no clue how the games work. It'd probably be worse than Nigger

Should I be sending a flyer up here to stop the thieves?

We're not talking about tropers, dude. I'm sure they know that archetype shit only really matters in a characterization sense. The most they'd be affected is by assuming that Cains are inherently inferior to Abels because "Abels are faster".

Yes.

I'm agreeing with your post. My post was about how a significant portion of the FE fanbase doesn't give a fuck about context, or about how the lategame is the least important thing in FE. It's always "Good Growths = Good character, and if they aren't good in the final chapter, then I won't use them at all"
We've gotten to the point where most fans know that Ests are bad (Nino in particular due to how many people actually argued that she was viable years ago), but I find that actually using Jagens and similar things are a harder pill to swallow.

Mekkah just did this 1-hour long video where he shit on the wiki's descriptions for Binding Blade characters. My favorites are how it acts like Wolt and Dorothy's bases aren't a big deal, and how any unit with a 50% or higher growth in something will "max out" that stat.

Alright, Sheeda and Palla are dealing with them. I'm guessing Hardin's going to catch up with us soon, about how quickly should I be going? "Go fast but you have some time" fast or "NIGGA YOUR ASS IS FUCKED FUCKING RUN" fast?

I'd argue most of the fanbase is now
Bases>>>>>>>growths
which gets annoying when talking about Radiant Dawn since that game is so fraking long

They come on Turn 7.

Growths are basically irrelevant in RD, since BEXP is exploitable enough to cap all stats with ease. But then again BEXP is a strange case to begin with.

The former. Just don't do what you did last map and wait in once place for all the enemies to come to you.
Seriously, it was a 2-space-wide bridge. You could easily cover up any injured unit by having another unit or two move ahead of them. And yet you just sat there waiting for them because you were scared of the sniper.

Dude, don't fucking spoil everything immediately. Just tell him the gist of what he should be doing. Don't say "Astram and Hardin will move on Turn 6", say "RUN YOU FUCKING NIGGER RUN".

Probably shouldn't be using Sirius as much but I want to go fast.

It's a force of habit from playing other FEs. Also I wasn't afraid of the sniper, I was more afraid of another one of my units getting crit like Cain did.

I didn't say anything about what or where, just that it was Turn 7.

Nice.

I don't mind being spoiled but I do prefer just getting the gist. Plus only getting the gist of it makes it more likely for me to fuck up, which I know you guys love.

>any unit with a 50% or higher growth in something will "max out" that stat.
What, do these people just not read the Average Growths page on Serenes?

>We've gotten to the point where most fans know that Ests are bad (Nino in particular due to how many people actually argued that she was viable years ago)
Funny how you mention that. LTCers actually reopened debates a few years ago to Nino's viability as a utility in order to help reach the A rank in Experience for Max Rank Runs.

Gotta love those textbox limits.

Oh yeah, forgot there was another secret book.
This is going on Minerva, no ifs, ands or buts.

>LTCers actually reopened debates a few years ago to Nino's viability as a utility in order to help reach the A rank in Experience for Max Rank Runs.
Having personally done a ranked run I can see the reasoning. The experience rank is insanely hard to reach, I made it by less than 10 levels on my run. I actually ended up getting Nino to around level 12-13 in night of farewells and early promoted her and she ended up being useful as a staff bot who could actually kill shit occasionally.

it's so limited, I can't even decipher what it actually means.

please send help

the only time I've ever been afraid of the
>1% crit
meme was after abusing a sieze boss with Rolf for 40 turns on his debut and was trying to do the same with Marcia
>What, do these people just not read the Average Growths page on Serenes?
honestly you can probably do it yourself pretty easily even

+30% Weapon Level, +20% HP and +10% Defense at the cost of -10% Skill and Speed. It's best given to your clerics, since HP is their biggest weakness, and having a ridiculously high weapon level will come in handy for your staff users later.

Wait what

Did this thief just give birth as they died?

b-but muh samto

Capricorn

>What, do these people just not read the Average Growths page on Serenes?
90% of characters pages are based on one dude's experience with that unit in their playthrough. The only ones with good descriptions are ones who have gotten re-examined recently (such as Cecilia)

>LTCers actually reopened debates a few years ago to Nino's viability as a utility in order to help reach the A rank in Experience for Max Rank Runs.
That's a bit of a different case, though, since FE7's Ranking system is notoriously brutal, especially for EXP.
It's kind of like how Ross gets used in several gimmicky Sacred Stones LTCs (such as Mekkah's ongoing 100% Growths ultimate LTC where he tries to get the absolute lowest possible turn count)

Caprica
IS are big Battlestar fans

Even if they're arguing over nino's usability, they're not acting like she's the best mage in the game. It's just very useful to have a unit who will guarantee a level up on kill to pad out the ranking.

>100% Growths ultimate LTC where he tries to get the absolute lowest possible turn count
It tends to impress me that LTCers were doing Pannenkoek-type shit before Pannenkoek even had a Youtube channel.

How is my boy Sirius doing?

I know. I did say "utility", after all, since it's still gonna be Marcus, Pent and Harken doing all the work while Isadora and Florina bus the lords from place to place.

He has Cancer, but other than that he's doing great.

It is said that when pregnant die they immediately give birth just so they have a chance to continue the species.

Good, he needs to be able to topple the former god Hardin

Ugh, that luck stat. We know who's getting the Goddess Icon, at least.

Pretty sure Palla is getting near her defense cap.

He doesn't seem like a very lucky guy, he's probably had a terrible past.

>He has Cancer, but other than that he's doing great.
kek
Hardin has 20 across the board and Camus's (RIP) old Regalia
can he feasibly match him alone? Because I don't see it

FE1 had Peg -> Wyvern
FE2 had Peg -> Falcon
FE3, because it's a remake, has Peg->Wyvern
FE4 had Peg ->Falcon

Honestly from a gameplay perspective it never mattered before FE4 because units could only use 1 weapon type and FE1/3 stats cap at 20 so they much more welcomed boosts in Def and Atk over boosts in Spd.

FE11 added Falcon Knights, but the class was total ass (low promotion gains and caps) and online shop only (based on the day of the week/month). Only FE 12 had proper Falcon Knights.

He has cancer? Thats quite a sirius condition.

It'd be hysterical if Hardin had one off from the cap for luck
Just to rub it in

Yeah, her mounted defense cap. I think dragon mounts give +6 defense. if I'm not mistaken.

I want to play another Fire Emblem, but I don't have a DS or 3DS. I was going to do FE4, but seeing this thread is making me rethink about playing FE3. Good luck with your battles, OP.

how do mounted caps work? Is it just hidden after they reach their horses cap or do they have to dismount to get further level ups

No, the only enemies in FE3 that have luck stats are Camus, Michalis and Gharnef.