How long until another JRPG of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's caliber comes out?

How long until another JRPG of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's caliber comes out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ni no kuni 2 is coming out. looks good
other than that, maybe next year another one to match xenoblades' calibre will hit the shelves

You're inviting shitposting by having a OP like that.

Dunno but RPGs with godawful localizations are a dime a dozen these days

A few weeks.

xenoblade2 train ride is over bro

just let it go

I'm implying Xenoblade C2 is a fairly good game... which it is... don't see how that invites shitposting.

>xenoblade2 train ride is over bro
No! No! So long as the fans keep the game fresh in their hearts, the train ride will be going strong until they release the DLC. And then a direct sequel! The sales for XC2 far exceeded expectations so it is a great sign good things may come.

I just love Pyra and Pythra too much to let them go

NG+ though.

it'll probably be trash like XC1's NG+ was.

They've had more time to work on it. I think they'll do something a lot better.

Release your Blades.

was it autism

whenever the next vita game comes out

If they don't let us reset our levels and keep our rare blades then it's automatically shit.

>came out of his core crystal in his white outfit
>but somehow his edgy demon outfit is his "true form"

???

The train ride cant be stopped if they keep posting their waifus.

Yes. But I think they'll do that.

We can only hope

good idea

>How long until another JRPG of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's caliber comes out?
The new nep game is coming out soon as well as the usual tales kusoge?

The only good JRPGS this gen that will come out is Octopath and SMTV

Having an op in Sup Forums is already a shitposting invitation. On top of that, shit posters show up even if they're not invited, so it doesn't matter.

That's his Flesh Eater form. Perfect Flesh Eaters like Jin and Nia get fuckhuge power boosts, while imperfect Flesh Eaters like Cole get weakened.

Even if they do that the game will be shit because we'll be one-shotting all the bosses with our maxed out blade charts or suffer through having to do those all over again.

>invited
This isn't a safe space, shitposting is 4chans culture

Monolith next game

Imagine unironically like nu-Megaten and that phone game, and having the gall to call other JRPGs "kusoge".

p.s: you're japanese, faggot. you're most likely a rootless amerimutt

>nu-Megaten
what

>2 weeks until Ao patch and CS2 on PC

I can't figure out why people like SMT. People don't care about the story or characters, the dungeons suck, and the battles are pretty typical turn-based fare with tons of bullshit RNG like the entire negotiation thing. Nobody ever talks about anything other than jerking off about how hard Nocturne is specifically.

>bullshit RNG
Spotted the shitter.

Imagine complaining about RNG in negotiations as if it's the only way to capture them

shitty JRPGs come out all the time OP

>implying xenobladefags even play actual jrpg

all of them are normies that only play mainstream game or flavor of the month bullshit

Megaten is waifu pandering.

Look at what became of the Megaten x Fire Emblem crossover:
youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

Just finished it last night. Now empty as fuck.
The ending can be better, but overall it's pretty great. Perhaps will replay it when fall final dlc released.

huh?

He obtained [The Power]

When Nintendo stops splintering the Monolith Soft team so they can go full force. Imagine what the full 100 of them could make

Are you implying monolith have different game currently in work?

BOTW

Their super sekrit new IP whom I assume the former BOTW assist team have moved onto working while the XB2 team continue to work on the Expansion Pass stuff. The next Xenoblade is probably in the planning stages

Every point you made is 100% correct
people pretend to like SMT because it gives them "hardcore" street cred on Sup Forums

Did anyone else think Pyra was originally using Rex just to find Addam then cuck him? I really felt like that was where they were going, considering there is a scene where Pyra gushes over Addam in an inn while Rex listens jealously, and then there is the scene where Brighid confronts Pyra about "hidden intentions" she should tell Rex about.

I think the story would have been much bolder and better if they went that route, but apparently Addam is actually dead and Rex winds up banging BOTH Pyra and Mythra

Realistically, Rex is the type of guy every hot girl would friend-zone immediately.

Don't forget Asahi and Nozomi in SMT IV Apocalypse too.

Never played SMT4A

Interview came out today and director of Xeno 2 said that over half of 100 man team was helping with botw, while remaining 40 made xeno 2 while they also outsourced some stuff like 3d character models(while Rex and Pyra where made by new, talented employees)
Wasnt it reveled that monolith is working on new ip?
I like stories in smt, they are absurd yet fun, they are probably best dungeon crawlers, have awesome art(Kaneko pls be back for V) and top tier osta. You can ask the same thing abbout pokemon. Those games are best of theyr genre.

Did you miss the buzz back in 2017 when it was revealed that they're working on a WRPG/ARPG project? Presumably it'll take over the MH/DaS niche for Switch.

I'm still hesitant to make any assumptions/expectations on what that game will turn out to be. Takahashi's a guy to follow his whims a lot of the time.

That's setting a low bar, Xenoblade 2 is pretty awful.

nu-Sup Forums culture*

It's because they want the casual self inserter to feel better about himself

>JRPG
You could just become a janitor user then you'll be surrounded by as much trash as you can handle

When does the next compile heart game release?

>Cold Steel

Biggest disappointment ever. Trails in the Sky is a fucking amazing trilogy. I couldn't believe how shit the writing became when I jumped to Cold Steel.

I see. The credit screen is surprisingly short.

>they are probably best dungeon crawlers
they have trash dungeons, though.

Even as someone that didnt care for Trails in the Sky, Cold Steel made it look like God's gift to man

Plenty of them are coming out in the next couple of months. Shining Resonance Refrain, VC4, Metal Max Xeno, Utaware Remake.

Metal Max doesnt even have a confirmed western release date yet

Who cares about western release?

What are the best soundtracks in this game?

Until Monolith puts out another hit. Give it 3 to 5 years.

>ni no kuni 2
lel

>VC4
See, here's a real answer to OP's question.

Monolith was working on 3 projects, their new IP, BotW and XBC2. It really shows, XBC2 did not live up to my expectations but now that I know only the B-team worked on it, I forgive Monolith. Most of there threads are started by waifu fags that have never played a Monolith game before and have little experience with jrpgs.

Most of the Xenofags in general have little experience with JRPGs outside of entry-level shit like FF or Persona.

Played all of Takahashi's games

XC2 is his best.

Better in some ways, worse in others. In other words par the course for him really. Something a little different every time

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just shitposting, OP.

>train ride is over

Lemme guess. You're a Falcom memer.

>Game had a perfect ending
>Ruin it with a sequel

Every time.

or he's Eric (aka Blunderfag)

No, that's totally not true. Some of the best discussion of JRPGs I have ever had has been with xeno fans. Especially when it comes to talking about actual mechanics. Much better than talking to tales or falcom fans. This is of course no longer true because of retards like the person I quoted below. They just want to spout opinions to trigger people not discuss games.

Congrats

It's bait to get people to defend the game.

When are they releasing the inevitable XC1 for switch?

I have an honest question, how can anyone look at OP's image, and honestly say it looks good?

It plays good.

The best you could hope for is a Virtual Console verison. It's not getting a remaster.

>You literally can't criticize this game because of this one falseflagger

I bet you think Barneyfag wasn't a horsefucker.

Because you like the artstyle

The game is good, just not better than the average Tales of or Falcom game.

>nearly 500 hours and still not level 99

the power of AFKing merc missions and not being able to do them with the power off

I'm not talking about the gameplay, I'm talking about the atrocious art design.
I know the last two games aren't shining examples of art and character design, but you're crazy if you think this unironically looks passable.

I like some Falcom games, but I'm not the guy who constantly shitposts in Xeno threads.

It is better than Xenoblade or X in terms of art style though.

Now THIS is bait.

Tales? Lmfao. Now Trails in the Sky, I'd give characters/story/worlbuilding to Sky easily. Sadly, the Trails series' combat is so fucking bad there's literally a fast-forward turbo mode to get through it faster, thus I'd put Xenoblade above it.

The best part is he has Zenobia and can beat the super bosses like that.

Whenever Konami gets around to making Suikoden VI.

FORTY

DEVS

Then I'm crazy. XB2's are much preferable. Work much better in 3D than 1 and X's designs ever did. Heck XB1 didn't even have a designated character designer.

Oh I agree, and when the game was announced it was easily the most hated part of the trailer. It just grows on people, like potato faces in X.

That's like saying eating rotten meat is better than eating shit.

Not bothering me at the slightest. It kinda funny actually seeing multiple artstyle collide like in X2.

because of the incentive for constantly fusing new demons you end up with entirely different parties every couple of hours, that variety is what I think a lot of people like about SMT

Not a "tales of" "Expert" but I prefer the story, characters and art in Xillia and Xillia 2 over everything in XBC2. The combat in both games are kinda bad, if XBC2 wins anywhere it's exploration but I found that I got lost in Xillia a lot easier than in XBC2. I also imagine I'm going to like the Shinning Resonance remake more than XBC2.

That's as many as four tens

and the game's terrible

Strange Journey literally put me to sleep. Persona 3 was kinda cool on the psp years ago, but the story in P5 was just as if not more retarded than the story in XBC2. The truth is XBC2 is only good relative to everything else, because everything else these past few years has been shit.

Nah. He'd have to be quoting every post in the thread and screeching autistically about shills to be Eric.

The battle system in Sora games may have aged, but it's still decent. Original Xenoblade's gameplay was really hard to stomach.

Not a big fan of xbc2's combat system for that matter at anyrate. It's a simple system that looks complex. BG2 and DCSS still have me looking up the wiki now and then.