This was the death of Final Fantasy. Unsurprising that Toriyama went from this to XIII. Dude's fucking awful

This was the death of Final Fantasy. Unsurprising that Toriyama went from this to XIII. Dude's fucking awful.

>ff13 is da best FF bcaz Lightning is strongest heroine xD

what an utter twat. he has the brain of a 12 year old. fuck that guy.

The original's broken as fuck. Bugs for fucking days. Half the spells don't work.

I can't provide historical context. I'm guessing the game resonated with people. It isn't good, though. I don't think it deserved a sequel.

>not playing FFXIV

I actually feel sorry for you, OP.

I'm talking about the original Final Fantasy. I don't think I made that clear enough.

Are you implying that there's something wrong with XIII ?
Anyway I haven't finished X, that fucking dragon.

I liked FFX-2...it's campiness is charming, and it's less clunky than FFX.

Didn't he literally say that his own game, FFXIII was the best FF because it had lightning in it, and that was his only reason?

The guy is full blown autistic, why does square keep letting him make games?

Yes, he did.

I actually like him, especially if his only competition are modern S-E directors, because he still sticks to the humor the series used to have, if he gets to make a sequel and because he's responsible for the Honey Bee Inn and Aerith's original characterization.

>why does square keep letting him make games?

Incoming money talks.

What do you have against the best Charlie's Angels game?

*dad walks in*

>what can I do for you?
Well yuna you can sit on my face and writhe around it until it's blue and drenched in your pusy juice

>because he still sticks to the humor the series used to have
FFXIII was fucking devoid of humor.

Correct. I said "if he gets to make a sequel." X was also devoid of humor besides the one scene of Yuna having bed hair, which isn't funny either, but at least it attempts.

10-2 was great. 13 was great. kys

13 was trying to tell a serious story. LR was when he could really let loose.

Isn’t it cute that Yuna holds a concert?

FF was never 100% dead serious about itself. Remember Tifa having a slapping fight in a decisive moment.

>Dad walks in

>fanservice
>emotional women
>excessive story

These were the ingredients needed to make the worst cinematic experience of all time. BUT professor Toriyama added an extra ingredient to the concoction: WAIFU FAGS

FFX-2 was great, stop being a bunch of miserable cunts

X-2 will be top 5 for me until I die and I literally don't give a sloppy shit what anyone thinks about it, this game is rad

>FFXIV will never be as good as FFXI currently is

Final Fantasy never had a 10/10, but damn it FFXI was close.

>13 was great

I'm coming for you