Are there games in which the sword isn't the best weapon type?

Are there games in which the sword isn't the best weapon type?

Guaranteed replies. Also souls series.

What weapon, specifically?

any game with spears or guns.

Planetescape Tournament. There are almost no actual swords in that game

Yeah, but The swords you do get are the best weapons in the game

That sure as fuck doesn't count ds3.

>being a low int swordfag

>caring about INT when you have STR

Ninja Gaiden Black, kinda. The Unlabored Flawlessness is technically an oar even though it's kind of used like a sword/club and it's the strongest weapon, although the True Dragon Sword is generally the most versatile and safer option.

Monster Hunter World. Slow as fuck.

>mfw there are some weebs that think this would actually happen

Many Fire Emblem games limited availability of 1-2 range options for swords puts them at a big disadvantage to axe/lances.

Like half the weapons are swords or sword variants, that hardly counts.

Fire Emblem
Swords are bad and usually don't have viable 1-2 options, unlike lances and axes. They also have poorer might on average compared to their lance and axe counterparts.

Skyrim

Luckily Fates fixed all that nonsense.

Katanas are such a shit weapon fucking weebs I swear

Katana's are great you fucking loser, just because European swords are good doesn't make Japanese swords bad. Fuck off.

In Path of Exile, each weapon type has a minor effect to distinguish it from the rest.

Swords have increased accuracy
Axes have no effect, but have higher base damage
Staves have increased block chance
Maces have increased stun duration
Daggers have increased crit chance
Claws have innate life leech

Swords are kind of shit outside of certain builds, because many melee builds bypass accuracy with a special skill node, but crit builds that need accuracy are usually better off with just using Daggers.

>just because European swords are good doesn't make Japanese swords bad
Yeah, but everyone elses weapons being better does. Even Africans made better swords.

Longbow

>if everything else is better it doesnt make it the worst!

A fucking pike would be more useful than your weeb sword

Nioh has some pretty good spears.

dotHack GU, the guns are best.

Shining Force, the first one. By the time you get late game, swords will undoubtably be outclassed in either range, damage, or both. The only sword users remaining will be your battle birds, who are fragile hit-and-run harassers, your samurai, whose sword is only worthwhile if you get lucky with RNG, and your hero, who will probably not be near the front because you auto-lose if he goes down, and the late game artifact swords have inbuilt magic so you can use them at range anyway (and even then they're worse than your actual mages).

Choose

The rapier because aesthetic and pierce damage is best damage

>he doesn't immediately choose smallsword

>machuatl
>not zero durability

What show is this anyway?

Meme weapon, please.

Sacred Blacksmith. It's shit, don't bother.

Morrowind.
Mass effect.

>Katana's are great you fucking loser
They're really not

Mah niggs.
>Make Nord warrior
>Join The Companions
>Get Wuuthrad and become wherewolf
>Fuck everything up until I hit level 50
>Things are still easy because of my mastery perks
>Bleed kills everything even in to 70

I fucking loved that playthrough, most fun i had with skyrim other than my summoner run.

>tfw rape scene

>Retconned due to otaku bitching
Who cares, it's a shit series regardless.

Never happen they said

>using glorious animation for your league of cancer memes

end your life

That looks like a horrible weapon, how in the hell is it functionally better than a Katana?

The fact that the functionality of that isn't immediately apparent to you is proof you're retarded.

Meme mexican weapon

Because it can hook people off of horseback.

PIG IRON
I
G

I
R
O
N

yes
especially when besieging rhodok castles and cities

Which games have the best spears?

>not trowing crumbs of culture at misguided teens

Nigger not even the Japanese used them in battle.

Blade whips are impractical but they look cool

someone should draw this crazy slut gettin' CONQUISTADOR'D

WHY WAS SHE RAPED

weight and metal quality for one

Call of Duty

Are these fishing spears? I feel as though they'd get stuck in a person and then you're out a weapon

Yep, light wood spears used for hunting and fishing. I just liked their shape but I agree that it would be impractical for combat

Why isnt there a halberd? Do you people just like the idea of getting murdered by a guy in simple plate?

rapier or curved sword because they look the prettiest. But I would probably end up going with the big one on the right. I always end up with big weapons in the souls games.

monster hunter

retconnned as in never appeared in the anime or did they just pretend it didn't after the fact?

Jeanne fights with a flag though. If that counts as a spear, it sure is a crappy one.

there's no reason to play any Fates version besides Conquest which has only one, bad, throwing sword as opposed to unlimited hand axes and Javelin to outfit your army with. also, mercenaries are bad and cavaliers can lance; the only real saving grace of swords is Xander's and Corrin's prfs (I don't think Corrin's is even particularly good; OHKOing and tanking with Dragonstone early and killing with range with Levin late is better than just being a boring frontline melee without exceptional DEF) and the Levin Sword.

Katana was a display weapon to make you look like a tough. Sometimes used for executions, but never really used in battle.

faster

Swords have a higher crit rate than the other 2 weapons, making them usually the goto weapon against bosses.

The fucking spear is the best weapon in Tides of Destiny man

Bosses are the least important parts of Fire Emblem games; trying to crit them instead of throwing your lowest leveled unit that can tank a hit at them until they die to grind them and your healers up is dumb.

spears have almost as good of a crit and is actually equipped on semi-bulky classes like Soldier, which is why one-liner characters like Nephenee and Oboro are extremely popular

nip steel is fucking shit?
the reason why they had to fold it 10,000 times was because the iron is terrible quality compared to anywhere else and japan was an isolated iron
why the fuck do you think they switched to guns so fast

*isolated island

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

Way too fragile, and they have no special niche, for short range Fists are faster, Drills have their breaking potential, and for mid range damage Axes are superior and they offer great breaking capabilities. Then you have spears as awesome long range/anti air zoning weapons.

Sugar's best girl

>Swords have a higher crit rate than the other 2 weapons, making them usually the goto weapon against bosses
Uh... no. Crit rate is generally the same for all weapon classes, with there often being some outlier weapon for one weapon class with insane crit.
What swords have on the other weapons in most of the games is accuracy, which pretty much only matters that much in FE6 when it comes to bosskilling.
In the older games where this isn't the case, the swords are usually as strong as the other weapon classes, more accurate, and lighter, making them by far the best physical weapon class.

weight is forward for chopping like an axe.

Toukiden 2. Swords are outclassed by almost every weapon except fists. Then again, I guess this goes for most MH clone games.

Call of Duty.

Elona+, martial arts can be the strongest

The best weapons are the bows and bowguns.

forgot image

this, spears make you a stone wall, nothing gets past you

Monster Hunter

source?

Monster Hunter

Part of the Animatrix. Think the part is called Program.

what's wrong with them

IIRC, MH2 has SnS being top tier, because of some ridiculous damage buffs.
MH1 was definitely Lance's time, though. Best DPS and best CC, thanks to low stagger limits.

There's nothing wrong with the blade itself. It's the massive fanbase that glorify it and treat it like the second coming of christ. It's a good enough blade that's well designed for what it's purpose was. However if you don't treat it like the best blade in the entire world it will anger die hard weebs and once they're fired up there's nothing stopping them telling you exactly why it's the best ever.