Wow. Gamestop is like a lifeless corpse now

Wow. Gamestop is like a lifeless corpse now.
It's like seeing my childhood dying slowly and painfully.
At this rate Gamestop won't exist in the next 5 years. It'll end up like blockbuster.

Gentlemen. Let's pay our respects to once a great force of gaming.

F

>Gamestop
>seeing my childhood dying slowly and painfully
Does your year of birth start with a 2?

Felt bad for them. The shareholders have figured out that more of their business was becoming dependent on toys and shit.

serves them right for killing every small local gamer store.

FUCKING GAMESTOP

Hey that looks like my crypto charts.

>gamestop
>childhood

>Wasn't a tween/teen during the year of the 2

this is good for Gamestop

I better go redeem those gift cards then

Everyone is pulling out of gaymen, even big publishers. The meme is over.

That's not childhood

Gamestop has been shit for years now.
Good riddance

>Your childhood is when your in your diapers

>caring about any retailer in particular
>considering the worst and most hated video game retailer a part of your childhood
They aren't "FUCKING GAMESTOP" for nothing you dumbass.

>your childhood is when you were a teenager
You're really a bright one aren't you?

Gamestop are becoming game publishers, they started funding game development teams

I check into the local once every few months. It's kind of fascinating how it's 80% Funko Pops these days.

DAE PST TIL that MTV doesn't play music videos anymore!?

U

>during the year of the 2

what did he mean by this?

C

C

Tbh I wish I could still just pick up all my games there on physical copies. I hate being forced to play digital copies permanently tied to annoying distribution software I never wanted.

I went into one recently to try and get a copy of Injustice 2 and it seems like they've mostly re-branded themselves into a spencers lite; selling predominantly nerd culture crap like star wars merchandise that just happens to have games. Digital age is probably fucking em hard.

Justice for Funcoland,babbages and electronics boutique.

Good fucking riddance.

K

>gamestop is the only place that sells video games

The one nearest me recently moved into a larger retail space, solely so that the store could be filled with that garbage.

Wow looks like they invested in crypto

Just buy at Amazon or Best Buy. Hell, if it's not a niche weeb game, chances are good even Wal-mart will have it on launch day.

This is the creator of gamestop

>Gamestop
Toys R' Us going under is a lot worse though if we're talking about hobby stores

Please stop endearing yourself with international corporate entities you dense fucking normie consumer cuck pleb.

Its a company that thrived on taking advantage of children's lack of understanding of how money works. They fact that there are people who remember them fondly is bizarre.

I

I’m thinking mostly of PC games, basically any physical store around here that sells games doesn’t have any. If they do it’s a selection of like 4 MMO expansions and the Sims

>Go to EB games
>PS4 has less store space than funco
>Switch has less store space than boardgames
>Xbone sits in the back crying itself to sleep
The fuck is going on?

ThinkGeek
It's a normalfag "nerd culture" store that's popped up all over the states. They and Gamestop are like Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

Gamestop should merge with taco bell

Fuck Gamestop. They're directly responsible for most of the shit related to pre-order bonuses, and massively over-inflated the cost of used games.

I remember when I could buy a used new release for $25 from GameXChange. Then Gamestop sets up shop and every used game is just $2.50 less than new.

Wtf do u want an olagarky?

>tfw bought at the peak

Amazon has taken the business of all the gaymers who never wanted to have to go into a physical store to get a physical copy of a game in the first place. Now Gamestop's only in-store customers are normies who buy up overpriced "geek" shit.

ThinkGeek is a big thing now?
I used to browse their site all the time when I was like 11 a decade ago. Never got to buy any of their junk because it was all expensive as shit but all the toys looked cool.

Nobody buys shit at gamestop because they charge you 5 dollars per every fucking item.

Fuck them hard.

They have stores in most Simon malls these days and from what I can see they're very busy.

>local mall used to have electronics botique, an arcade, cinnabon, auntie annes, and mrs fields
>arcade closed
>eb turned into gamestop
>cinnabon and mrs fields closed
>overrun by mexicans
goodbye childhood

What happened to EBGAMES?

This. I'd give up gamestops existence entirely to have the Trading Zone back in business.

>n64/ps1
>gamestop isnt so hot, sells movies and toys
>wii/360
>lots of games helps gamestop do well
>bone/ps4 has no game
>gamestop goes back to not-games

its a cycle

More expensive than digital.

BUY THE DIP.

>Will never again have birthday parties with my friends at an Internet cafe in the mall playing LAN CS 1.6 and eating ice cream

Bitch, my childhood was goddamn Babbage's, don't know what the fuck kinda kiddie-grade drugs you're on.

If gamestop was your childhood then it must have been pretty painful to begin with.

idk why it isn't gone yet, best buy takes 20% off ANY bido gaymes including collector's editions

>It'll end up like blockbuster.
Oh no, another shit company is circling the drain. Blockbuster was complete ass that raped you over incredibly minor things like not rewinding a fucking tape. They nickle and dimed at every turn, and even had a chance to buy netflix but were too dumb. They died a deserved death. Stop living with crippling nostalgia.

I tried to support my local gamestop in town but I have long since given up. They are fucking insufferable

>tried to buy copy of Halo CE, call up store, they claim to have 4 copies
>go there, massive line, one kid working, while a pink haired SJW manager and this cuck akwardly flirt
>finally get to the front of the line
>kid who is actually working can't find ANY of these Halo CE copies
>after a few minutes of waiting I am about to leave and suddenly Pink Hair and Cuck stop making cringey gaming related passes at eachother and lock on to me, the customer trying to leave without buying anything
>DO YOU WANT THIS STRATEGY GUIDE OR HAVE YOU TRIED THIS NEW GAME OR BUY A GAMEPASS
>peel myself away from these shitty people while the poor kid continues to serve the never ending line

I don't know how their business is doing and I don't fucking care. I just order shit online now like any sane person would.

Oh no you don't. I lost my last fortune buying Blockbuster.

>BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

I mean, my wife already uses Prime hardcore, so it's hard to beat 20% off, especially when Nintendo's going to put, like, 40% less value and effort into their games.

s to spit of the rotting corpse of the shit force of gaming

Why the fuck are you using the stock chart, today was overall a bad day for the market that's why.

your childhood is a game store?

S

shareholders in Gamestop were people from Sup Forums who saw the /rgt/ threads on /biz/ and decided to try and make a buck

Good, fuck Gamestop. Every fucking time I go in some mouthbreathing weasel of a man stalks me around the store constantly chittering about his power up pro cuck card and asking if I need help finding anything or want to preorder something even though I firmly say immediately that I am just looking around.

Someone should write a book about how bad Sup Forums is at making money.

>today was overall a bad day for the market that's why.
Ah yeah I'm sure today being a bad day overall is why it's down 70% in the past 5 years which is what the chart is showing.
Fucking retard go back to /biz/ wih your other underage retards.

No smart institutional investor would put their money into Gamestop. It has a market cap of 1 billion, is not recommended by analysts, and institutional investors look for innovation, and don't understand vidya.

this makes me happy
fuck your stupid shitty childhood
press S to spit on grave

It'll go back! Right! PS5, Xbox Two, Nintendo swiftller releases will make double, or triple my money right!?

Is Gamestop really that awful? There's no Gamestop where I live so I can't tell but if what people said were true regarding with them always bombarding people with magazines, promos, and such then I can understand why people hate them.
The Game store where I live is pretty chill and straightforward. They just accept the cash, makes you write your name and number on the receipt and saying that the warranty will last for a week, and hands out the game. Simple as that.

Good. Fuck them for killing based Funcoland.

>will never walk into a Funcoland ever again and browse the Genesis and PS1 shelves
worst timeline honestly

>current year
>not being 100% digital

wew

>can't even sell/trade/giveaway his games without getting his account permabanned
wew

wssup Sup Forums v

>Let's pay our respects to once a great force of gaming.
Nah game stores where I'am. Are like if you have to go to the city and kill a couples of hours window shopping. But fucking regret not getting far cry instincts when I had the chance. But can always order online. So fuck it.

>what are torrents

2000s

yes, theyre cancer

If you consolekids would have graduated to a real game machine that allows modern methods of game distribution back when the rest of us did, Gameshit would have been dead long ago.

Ironically no one on Sup Forums can write that book because it would be sure to make money.

Sup Forums's nature is usually over-exaggeration

can't wait to torrent ac:origins ;^)

It deserves it. I go to a gamestop now and just see a dying hot topic

I hate them because they gut games. I'm not weird for wanting my games shrink wrapped. Last time I went to GameStop I said I wanted wrapped he literally called me out on it and made me feel stupid. Ya great customer service pal. Never again let them tank. Find new jobs. Alltbhe employees were fucking snotty brats.

Fuck em. They're garbage anyway.

The original Xbox had digital distribution though user.

>GME is worth $2 billion despite making $350 million in profit the last year
>selling for less than 5x its yearly earnings
>over 9% dividend yield

GameStop might actually be a decent buy if you were willing to take the risk given how insanely cheap the stock is. It's priced as if already approaching bankruptcy, so if you think GameStop is still going to be around making money in ten years you would probably get a very good return eventually.

Then again it's been priced at distressed imminent bankruptcy levels for like the past ten years, except for a spike around 2013 when the PS4/Xbone launches proved consoles weren't dead. So if you're a GME stockholder you better hope the PS5 sells gangbusters and then cash out or you might be waiting a long time for a catalyst.

>Look up balance sheet
>Good level of assets, low long term debt
>Positive cash flows
>Decent profits
>Even pays dividends

What the fuck are you talking about OP? This isn't even remotely close to death.

>enter gamestop
>it's 80% shitty nerd culture merch nobody wants
>employees bothering me when i just want to look at used games
>on the rare occasion i try to get something they constantly ask about preorders yes i know its policy to force them to do so but it's still awful
>pitiful game selection because FUNKO NEEDS MORE ROOM
>event only pokemon usually force you to go to these places

Fuck them, they deserve it

They bought out Funcoland. I got so much shit from there, including toys before Gamestop bought them. I will be spitting on their grave.

Oh wait, all of Sup Forums is way too young for that and has no clue what I am talking about..

Never mind guys carry on.

Good fucking riddance

>aggressively responsible for pre-order incentives
>nickel and diming on trade ins
>employees are dependent on selling pre-orders, disc protection, and other garbage
And this might just be me, but they've always had poor service. Losing track of orders, giving me the wrong game, or just being late to deliver. People are voting with their wallet here. Good riddance.

>Go to GameStop every other week to blow off some of my money
>Usually browse in either the WiiU, Wii, PS4, or Vita section
>Last week, buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ and All-star Warriors used
>Clerk tells me I'm the only guy buying Vita games for the system nowadays
>Tell him I'm rather picky on the used stuff for most of my games
>Whatever he has on stock either I already have or refuse to get because it doesn't have the original case
>Says he'll see what he can do on his end on the original case part since they really want the Vita section gone sometime this year
>They have about 20 Vita games on display
Would suck to see them go since it's the only place AFAIK that sells Koei Temco games at reasonable prices. The one near me is pretty chill.

This, me and my family were actually pretty sad and disappointed that Toys R' Us closed down, we use to go there a lot when I was a kid. I loved that place, I wish it was still popular, kids are just not kids today.

As a man in this 30's, I know what you mean. The future is PC and online, it's dirty to say that right now though cause you have no protected freedoms and rights, it's actually the opposite. You have less freedom and rights online than you do in person.