Best level design in the franchise

>best level design in the franchise
>good OST
>multiplayer is the very definition of cooperative fun
>tight controls and a skill roof for few
>tons of minigames, puzzles and challenges in various difficulty levels to praise everyone
>reasons to explore every corner, secondary currency actually unlocks relevant stuff like outfits and memorabilia

What the fuck is wrong with this game? You guys told me it was shit but it is the complete opposite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5N8qwQJ9XA)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree with you for everything except the multiplayer. The co-op is the very definition of shit. Who decided that no camera control would be fine?

ehh, Lost Kingdom and Metro Kingdom sure, but I’d say a lot of it is just pretty average.

You can rotate the camera anywhere, with both characters by pressing X + Analog stick. Your partner may even help you with that while you do some jumping tricks so you won’t need both thumbs on the analog sticks.

And the fact you can double jump and free roam with Cappy as a secondary Mario completely changes the way you play the levels. I can’t go back to single player after beating it entirely on co-op with my gf.

Nothing really, its a good game. Although truthfully I found the OST to be very underwhelming. Forgotten Kingdom, Cap Kingdom and Lake Kingdom have good songs but when compared to Galaxy or Galaxy 2 (like, listen to this shit right here manyoutube.com/watch?v=b5N8qwQJ9XA) , this game's OST is extremely lackluster. I get that in certain areas they wanted the soundtrack to be more ambient/atmospheric a la botw, but it just doesn't work in a mario game. Anyone else feel the same way about the soundtrack?

This game OST has a very modern feel other than orchestrated fantasy themes like Galaxy. You hear Jazz, Bossa Nova, Blues, all kinds of good stuff with a Mario feel to them. That’s something new for once in the franchise and I appreciate that.

I grew sick of orchestrated OSTs after two Galaxy entries. They’re not bad, they’re excellent soundtracks, but a third Mario with the same kind of music wouldn’t be right.

Stopped reading there.

Metro obviously had the most focus. Kingdoms like Lake and Tostarena are pretty weak. Looking back, they're all essentially islands floating in the middle of something.

Multiplayer sucks. Go full Mario and Luigi co-op or go home.

>with my gf
This. I can't play anything competitive with her. I was playing 3d world and she kept getting pissed I always had the crown and just as pissed when I purposely slowed down

>multiplayer is the very definition of cooperative fun
I agree with everything else but this is so fucking wrong.

t. soyboy

>You guys told me it's shit

Did everyone just get retarded and gullible all of a sudden?

Do you know it's all just shitposting right? You can't tell if the user at the other end genuinely played the game or a salty sonybro who hasn't and just has a hateboner for nintendo's success.

Form your own opinions and don't let the emotional outbursts of a loud minority sway you.

Damnit, Sup Forums is a sony board. They won't even let you put the words "sony and "cuck" together without it autocorrecting to sonybro when it's posted.

Are they just so pathetic and emotionally unstable that they can't even handle a harmless insulting word for them and have to censor it?

>tons of minigames, puzzles and challenges in various difficulty levels to praise everyone
see Now we know youre lying, mr shill. its mario game, so its always set on easy mode.
which is hilarious because they added an easy mode-to already Easy game.

Thank god 8 chan exists

you massive newfag, there are multiple consolewar shitposting word filters

its kinda the worst 3d mario

>good OST
The other ones are fine but these are objectively not fucking true, it has the worst level design in the franchise. And music wise it was worse than 3D World and Galaxy as far as 3D Marios go and Mario + Rabbids as far as 2017 Mario titles go

The co-op is very underrated though, it's quite fun.

>>best level design in the franchise
spot on with the rest of the post though

Sand Kingdom is the best kingdom in the game, and Lake is miles better than Seaside.

Art book when?

I liked the game but this is false.
The OST is also...okay, I guess. Definitely some great tracks, I especially liked its remix of the SMB1 underground theme, as well as the music that plays when you’re fighting RoboBrood and in the caves on the Moon, but G1/G2’s and 3DW’s OSTs were better.
Really, I liked the game, but it is nott as good as the previous three entries in the series AT LEAST.

>Worse than 3D Land
In what universe?

3D World.

>8gag still upset Moot didn't let Sup Forums turn into Sup Forums

Kek.

>nott as good as the previous three entries in the series
>3D World
>3D Land
>Galaxy 2

never

Boring ass game for kids and bugmen.

It's no masterpiece.