Is this still the biggest slap in the face disrespect to a fanbase in all of gaming...

Is this still the biggest slap in the face disrespect to a fanbase in all of gaming? I have trouble thinking of anything that tops this.

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2011/09/23/bluepoint-games-offers-insight-into-mgs-ico-god-of-war-remake/
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-29-silent-hill-hd-collection-ported-from-unfinished-code
youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc
youtube.com/watch?v=TxYkNUyBhS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's probably something that tops it but I can't think of it. I don't see anyone could defend konami.

W-what's wrong?

In gaming? I don't think anything tops it. Even one of the new actors they got did some cold hearted mocking.

While it is a giant slap in the face, there are at least a few silver linings to it. Konami actually listened and went out of their way to get the original cast's voices back for SH2. Of recent memory, Activision's Tony Hawk license was about to expire, so before it did, they unapologetically rushed out THPS5 forever scarring the franchise and lowering the chance these types of sports games (the only good ones) could make a comeback.

the kikestarter scam games are probably worse, but this is definitely the worst """""remaster"""" ever put into existence. The "all we had was source code so that's why it's a buggy piece of shit lol" excuse might have held water if they hadn't changed the already perfect voicework, fucked with textures for no reason, and made piss poor attempts at emulating the fog and water effects that the game from 2001 fucking nailed.

>they unapologetically rushed out THPS5 forever scarring the franchise and lowering the chance these types of sports games (the only good ones) could make a comeback.
really dumb move on their part. they could have literally sold millions.

>can change voices in 2
>can't change voices in 3 so you are stuck with Heather sounding straight from an anime dub
i still plated both

Wow I never knew this. That is a slap in the face right there.

Watch digital foundry retro's video on SH2. The fog/water effects they nailed on the PS2 version are stuck there because the PS2's GPU was able to pull it off with a trick other consoles couldn't do. Ideally, SH HD Collection should have been based off the PC ports.

The HD collection is only a part of it. All of the Western Silent Hill games are part of a collective fuck you to anyone who liked the original series.

Most of those are the retarded fanbases fault though for putting trust where they shouldn't. Konami is far more professional or should be. It only made sense that people not in the know would place trust in them to get this right yet Konami went out of their way to fuck these people hard. The guy who made Mighty Number 9 for example was just one guy and he was creating a new franchise. To put so much trust in that I think the fanbase has to get a lot of blame for being dumb in that case. Silent Hill HD collection had no real reason to be that shit when it has Konami backing it. Yet Konami blew it.

>Konami actually listened and went out of their way to get the original cast's voices back for SH2
>get the cast back for lines they already had done
Konami just had to hand out a bunch of cash and the whole new voices thing would not even fucking exist. And there is still the technical part of that fuckfest.

They wouldn't have done any of that if it weren't for the fan outcry. It showed they actually kind of listened. I don't think the people at Konami even like the original performance and didn't want to use it, as they used different voices for the SH2 scenes in SH Pachinko (despite it using the original cutscenes and they have permission to use the original voices).

One thing I don't get, why did they even want to pay new actors rather than just paying the old ones again? Was it cheaper for them to just pay new actors even though it would have been more work put into the games?

Releasing images and video of beautiful completely remastered MGS3 scenes just to later reveal its for a fucking Pachinko game

yeah, I understand the PS2 had effects other consoles couldn't pull off. PS2 games have a "look" to them that's hard to describe, but you know you're playing a PS2 game when you see them. But a generation later, there's not really an excuse for not being able to hack together an effect that emulates the fog and at the same time isn't a complete embarrassment. The devs weren't exactly competent, so not only did they not find a rendering solution for the effects, they didn't optimize shit either so there's slowdowns everywhere. They sure managed to find to make new VO and comic sans textures though. Just a fucking travesty.

Yeah this one was also bad. Konami is the kings at this right now. Perhaps as horrible as EA, maybe not though since EA is a whole other kind of evil.

Because Tomm and Mary Elizabeth didn't like the old voices.

That is all true. From what I heard, all that the devs did before SH HD was mobile shit. Konami hired them for cheap labor.

Konami really is the fucking worst. EA are greedy cunts but Konami are shitty assholes.

> I don't think the people at Konami even like the original performance
Wrong, the retarded amerimutt in charge of the SH series didnt like voice acting because he would rather make his shitty fanfic canon than just doing the simple task of rendering the old games on a higher resolution for the nugamers.

Exhibit A: Every SH game after 4.

based

Then why didn't they use the original performances in SH Pachinko despite having full rights to use them? The SH2 cutscenes in SH Pachinko are ripped straight from the game.

there's a jpg around of all the stupid things the lead dev of hijinx said when they were working on the port. It never not makes me pissed when i see it.

>The "all we had was source code so that's why it's a buggy piece of shit lol" excuse might have held water if they hadn't changed the already perfect voicework, fucked with textures for no reason, and made piss poor attempts at emulating the fog and water effects that the game from 2001 fucking nailed.

Konami only had a beta build archived. This beta build had the clean textures and engine wasn't properly calibrated yet to handle those transparency effects, that's why the HD collection is so fucked. They didn't actually clean those textures, those are the raw stock textures before they were modified by Team Silent artists.

Does anyone have that jpg? I need to see it.

Don’t forget to pick up your copy of Metal Gear Survive (tm) out on FEB 20!

this piece of shit

>Konami only had a beta build archived.
meanwhile at bluepoint games....
engadget.com/2011/09/23/bluepoint-games-offers-insight-into-mgs-ico-god-of-war-remake/

i found it. still pisses me off.

Another article. Bluepoint made ICO/SotC, GoW, and Konami's own MGS HD collections from retail PS2 discs. If only Konami gave this job to Bluepoint
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-29-silent-hill-hd-collection-ported-from-unfinished-code

For one, you are wrong again and the pachinko machine just uses the same graphics not the same scenes like at all and second why would the fucking pachinko machine be proof for Konami's international fuckery if its a Japan only product?

This HD collection also solidified my hate for Troy Baker for trying to make Guy Cihi (the original voice actor for James) a villain all because Guy wanted Konami to pay back for his work

>mfw they went on record insulting the original voicework

But honestly as cool as Guy is, if he didn't say anything we wouldn't have had this problem

Source?

fungo pls

This guy is like a troll from Sup Forums, baiting people for a response. Except he actually got to destroy something unlike most here on Sup Forums. Damn...

The robit in sotc hd pisses me off more

>I understand the PS2 had effects other consoles couldn't pull off.

This is not the case, PS2 actually lacked shaders. It just had a gigantic fillrate, which allowed it have gigantic amounts of particles(fog, rain, snow, smoke) on screen. This massive fillrate was actually because of the PS2's primitive way of graphics rendering, so it needed this.

The 360 and PS3 shouldn't have had any problem handling the fog seen on the PS2 version of SH2.

>PS2 games have a "look" to them that's hard to describe, but you know you're playing a PS2 game when you see them.

Sony's PS2 SDK always produce an anime look. It's the same with the PSX SDK and the PSX exclusives.

They made the game worse in spite of calling it an HD remaster

Say what? "l want the money thats rightfully mine if they use my work for another iteration of the game"? The fucking nerve of the guy!

You gotta blame Konami for that. Those development studios tried.

Don't forget Mary Elizabeth McGlynn criticizing the "awful" dialogue and voice acting of 2, saying that rerecording it was a good thing.

It was a real stuck-up thing to say for someone who can't even sing that well.

>"HURR Guy is retarded and doesn't know how the voice acting business works!"

Made me lose all respect for Troy Baker

I think she's a great singer. She's also a shitty person.

bayonetta 2 as a nintendo exclusive is the worst one for me desu.

Honestly seems like he’s a fan of the movie or the idea of Silent Hill more than the actual games

She completely butchered Maria with her godawful performance.

they lost the final versions of the games and had to resort to rebuilding from earlier, buggier indev variants

He still to this day gets pissed off and defensive if anyone brings up the remaster

Wait, what’s wrong with this game?
I got it for my sister for Christmas as I figured it could be something we could talk about and bond over. What did they do to silent hill 2???

One of the Mary Elizabeth McGlynn interviews had her calling the original VAs 'non actors' and making fun of the person who voiced Claudia.
Check out the second part of Twin Perfect's HD Collection review, they have it in there

2.8 is the biggest slap in the face. What's next, 2.95?

I don't get the people who wanted a Fox Engine remake of 3, when it'd have the exact same issues Twin Snakes had, except worse because Fox Engine didn't work for stealth at all

Kingdom Hearts was never good

but it looks amazing.

So? MGS3 still looks good, and I appreciate it more for pulling off its high quality look back on the PS2.

i played this version first and thought it was fine and then i went back and emulated the original versions because so much autism was surrounding this and i still don't understand the big fucking deal

would've been no bayonetta 2 for you either way.

wrathofclay would disapprove

DmC

then I pull the "you can still play the ps2 game" card while everyone else could enjoy a beautiful remake of it. And if its shit everyone will pretend it doesnt exist.

It’s not something I would wish for but if it was a real thing I’d buy it. I wasn’t really even expecting a full remake or anything. A single DLC level for MGSV with some cutscenes would have been more than enough. Just seems like a waste to remaster that stuff just to put it into a pachinko game 99% of the world will never play.

Literally a rehash of the first CS, which is a rehash of Sky, which is a rehash of an older trilogy, which is a rehash of Ultima 7.
The worst part is that still unfinished even though 90% of the game is pure filler and reused assets.

At least's Fie's outfit keeps getting nice character development.

It would be faster to name the things they did right

>missing fog
>shit anime-tier VAs
>missing effects and sound
>music looping is fucked
>graphics and textures are fucked
>glitches out the ass
>some endings freeze the game, as does the street near the gas station
youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc
youtube.com/watch?v=TxYkNUyBhS4
Except if it's shit and it changes something, it's the new canon. Same issue with the remake of Resident Evil 2, if MGS3 is remade and has shit changes, those changes become the new canon for the series.
Pachinko can actually make a lot of money, and this is far from the first time a fanbase is cucked. At least you guys got an MGS3. Kaiji has yet to have its third arc adapted outside of pachinko, and the third arc will likely never be adapted.

>PS3 shouldn't have had any problem handling the fog seen on the PS2 version of SH2.
Well except for the fact that the PS2’s eDRAM which is where you do alpha blending for fog has a higher bandwidth than any of PS3’s RAM. 360 on the other hand should be fine as it has its own eDRAM.

fucking seriously

of all the fonts

You're fucking retarded.

Troy Baker is actually a piece of shit and he's way overused.

AH HA HA HA HA
Like holy shit I know this remake fucks a ton of things up but this isn't real is it?

What would it cost to import the pachinko machine to America? It looks more fun than the last three Hills.

Metal Gear Survive

Yeah but Sanic fans aren't constantly being shit on anyways

Yeah it’s real and pretty indicative of how little they gave a fuck