What went wrong? Why did they all die?

What went wrong? Why did they all die?

MegaMan and Castlevania were oversaturated franchises. Yugioh games also probably couldn't be profitable past the Zexal era since it had no more mainstream popularity.

Oh to live in an era where Castlevania is oversaturated.

I mean, it almost still is given just how many direct Castlevania rips come out on steam every year.

Why'd you make this thread again? Didn't you learn your lesson from the underwhelming response your last attempt garnered?

So was the yugioh game any good?

your threads die because you don't make enough effort to start discussion

Because you didn't BUY them, it's all YOUR fault.

DS piracy. Everyone I knew with a DS had an R4. I was the only one I knew who actually bought DS games.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

>Trauma Center will never return on 3DS
it hurts me

>we'll never get a golden sun 4 because dark dawn was such shit
hold me bros

>DS
>Tons of innovative games and new IPs
>3DS
>90% just the same shit

What the FUCK happened

I could honestly see a devil survivor 3.
Everything else is fucked.

Shanoa's game was a good send off, at least. Classic Castlevania mixed with modern elements and a SotN throwback to boot.

Boktai too.

I don't think it was a very successful blend. It didn't really embody any of Classicvanias' strengths. I still like the game, but I've never thought it was a stellar syncretism.

They did go for the niche route, which is fine because that's what videogames are. Still can comeback tho.

You will stay for the racing minigame.

shame that ATLUS have already forgotten about Trauma Center on that 2018 consumer survey

Devil Survivor 2 had a special edition released just two years ago. It doesn’t qualify as dead yet.

>yugioh DS titles
Because Komoney fucked up on the next installment real bad.
Trama series because Atlas are a bunch of fuckers. Wii U would have been perfect for another title.

No one cares about Boktai tbqh

>advance wars
>trauma center
>golden sun
It still hurts

You know user, if you're going to make a thread like this it would be better to put the last releases of those games.

>thought the remakes will pave way for DS3
>3ds is dying soon and DS3 is still no where in sight

WHY? The sales aren't even bad. But I guess the 3DS actually has a lot of SMT remakes/remasters. Maybe Atlus is trying to popularize SMT first before working on new installments?

But they are the last releases, on the DS at least.

shit was fire

>on the DS at least.
Then they aren't the last release are they.

Golden Sun died for good, given that the third game Is shit. Megaman ZXA on the other hand... It still hurts, fuck Capcom for leaving off a huge cliffhanger. Finish your shit god fucking damn it.

>Luminous Arc
It got reincarnared
And then possibly died

Maybe OP is asking why the DS died; he isn't aware that the 3ds replaced it.

>there will never be a new Trauma Center using the Switch motion controls
>no TC 3DS games
why even live

W-where's my 3DS Advance Wars?

Yep died is correct game was shit. I think the studio closed down after it released as well.

Why did Trauma center series die? Also Starforce megman titles were fucking great wish they made a forth one and continued the anime for it as well.

I liked it
probably better off as an anime tho

There was a Starforce anime?

there was
Geo was voiced by Zatch Bell's Kiyo in the dub

Yep and it was pretty damn good for its time as well. They only adapted the 1st and 2nd games into the anime they never adapted Starforce 3 sadly.

>tmw played Pegasus in middle school and loved it
>tmw too poor to buy Zerker till I got to college
>tmw played it and realized how child oriented the character dialogues really were.
Fuck

>Over the Nexus
>having to wait a minute until the opponent makes a move
It's shit.

I just want a YGO RPG for Switch. Not a cardgame simulation like Legacy of the Duelist, but a real RPG like The Sacred Cards.

Why is the DS so amazing and why did the 3DS failed to carry the torch?

Half of those developers died trying to make games for the PS3/Vita.
The other half like Capcom and Atlus killed them off on purpose.

The next system after a succesful one is very likely to not be as succesful, the exception being ps2.

If I have to guess; developing costs and 3D models. Also Nintendo games being very good, DS Nintendo games weren't really strong.

>Also Nintendo games being very good, DS Nintendo games weren't really strong.
If we're talking Nintendo games there's not much difference between the DS and 3DS.

Luminous Arc was always shit. Everything went wrong from the start.

Yet on 3DS Nintendo delivered Kirby Triple Deluxe and A Link between worlds. DS had the worst possible Zelda and a humble Kirby passing.

Why did they not release a high quality OST of days of ruin? there are only the compressed versions and it fucking sucks

2/4

It had innovative and new IP's?

Man I had such a shock realizing just how few good games the 3ds actually has compared to the DS. And the only way i noticed was when I actually tried looking for games to download on a hacked 3ds. Such a fucking barren library. It's only full of shovelware, dead games, and first part nintendo games.

Because the DS had a lot more games to fully utilize it's dual screens. Pretty much everyone had their experimentation fun by the time the 3DS rolled around, and the 3D feature is a lot harder to make meaningful in gameplay.

Did you just play NSMB or something?

I only played 2 and beat it. I thought it was nice but it wasn't a masterpiece by a long stretch. Tried 3 on some emulator but couldn't get into it. Played a bit of the spiritual successor and thought it was chibi trash mostly.

The DS had a great library.

And then there's this.

Bioware will be kill soon hopefully.

As a huge Luminous Arc fan, it's because the company went down under. On the brightside, it at least got a spiritual successor with Stella Glow. I'm just fearful Rune Factory 5 will never happen.

Infinite space on DS.

Great sci-fi tactics game that's sequel would get me to buy a new handheld.

It will never happen though.

man, DS had so many great games. idk how the fuck they dropped the ball so hard with the 3ds

Off the top of my head, aside from those in OP:

Elite Beat Agents
Solatorobo
The World Ends With You
Inazuma Eleven
Ghost Trick
Time Hollow
Hotel Dusk
Radiant Historia
Prof Layton
Etrian Odyssey
Lock's Quest
Infinite Space
Knights in the Nightmare
Elebits
Drone Tactics
Dementium
Rondo of Swords
Izuna the Unemployed Ninja
Lux Pain

They're not perfect of course, but they're fun.