Why was the original xbox so goddamn amazing ?

why was the original xbox so goddamn amazing ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3uqzXKMlB6U
youtube.com/watch?v=otysqrBT7ko
youtube.com/watch?v=otysqrBT7ko&t=383s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

except it wasn't you dimwit

Halo CE
Ninja Gaiden Black
JSRF
Otogi
Metal Wolf Chaos

Yes it was, there was nothing like Halo multiplayer on the PS2, the GameCube had Melee but if you had a PS2 there was no party game.

Halo.
Online Console Multiplayer.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
New Millennium Xtreme Attitude

don't forget

phantasy star online (gamecube version was shit)
jet set radio future
jade empire
fable

I liked their hueg controller

>PSO in Xbox
Was great to be forced to pay for XBL to play online.

No other console had the online community Xbox had at the time, you could play it straight out of the box and it was simple, make an account now you can connect to every game online the PS2 I remember at least for younger me was kinda annoying to set up I never even tried on the GameCube because I didn't own The modem for it.

Did GameCube even have a single online game besides PSO?

Modding the thing is surprisingly simple.

>best controller
>by far best online
>bunch of great exclusives
>best version of multiplats
>easily moddable
>built in HDD

honestly every console was great that gen

Homeland, I guess

>call xbox amazing
>post small controller made for slants and euros
duke or gtfo

Is the Xbox controller the pinnacle of vidya controllers?

youtube.com/watch?v=3uqzXKMlB6U

It was MS first console, so basically they used their entire arsenal to gain a foothold. Just like the PSX.

He's an asshole but he needs to come back to Microsoft. Smart guy - but a total dickhead

i'm thinking of picking one up
what are some must plays?

I had a PC so it was shit for me. I remember playing Halo with my neighbours when they first got it and were jizzing about it, I just kept thinking "I wish I was playing Unreal, this kinda sucks". Ninja Gaiden and Tom Clancy we're good on the Xbox tho.

No one is stating why old xbl was so awesome. It was the lack of you know who's.

It ported a lot of PS2 games at a higher framerate.

I had some comfy winter nights play Counter Strike on XBL.

Halo 1 and 2.
Burnout 3.
Crimson Skies.
GTA 3, VC, SA.
Jet Set Radio.
Top Spin for some elite Tennis.

It was a halo machine. Just like it is now. And it had ninja gaiden. Now fuck off Xbox marketers.

>jade empire
Underrated and completely eclipsed by the success of KOTOR. I like when they reach the taxidermied dragon god of rain.

Open-palm or closed-fist?

Because your mom got it for you because all the cool kids at school were shilling it and you wanted to fit in.

youtube.com/watch?v=otysqrBT7ko
Do this

Was the Xbox technologically superior to the PS2 or am I just wrong

It was actually pretty average. The worst of that gen.

PS2 had the weakest hardware of its generation.

PS2 was weakest system

Xbox actually had the most powerful GPU on the market at its time of release. A prototype GeForce 4 at a time when PC was stuck with GeForce 3. Only thing that held it back was not enough VRAM speed, which they thought wouldn’t matter too much cause games had to be 640x480 on SD screens anyhow.

Gamecube’s hardware was weaker than PS2, but it was much harder to max out PS2 which is why many GameCube games look good compared to many PS2 games.

PS2 is only stronger than Xbox is one department: alpha blending. Everything else is in-practice worse.

Played the shit out of PSO, for some reason there was always niggers online
>tfw BLACKMAN-IN-VEGAS rezes the party like 20 times on the final boss

XECUTER 2

Mercenaries is sublime.

It wasn't. The GC had more powerful hardware but it didn't matter since the GC had shit tier third party support and companies that knew how to get the most of the PS2 could pull out absolute gems like MGS3

I own MGS2 Substance for this sumbitch. It was the second time I got every dog tag for that game, after I did it on the PS2.

I'm glad I kept it all these years. I guess it's a pretty obscure copy to come by.

>The GC had more powerful hardware
And you know this, how? Unlike you I’ve read both SDK documents for PS2 and GameCube. And the PS2 is definitely stronger. But by god is it a headache to draw all of its power out. GameCube is straight forward as fuck.

>Really want to play the original Xbox's library
>My two options are either wait for the Xbone to get maybe all of the worthwhile games eventually and get one of those or buy an original xbox and track down all the motherfucking games

I still have mine with xecuter2 + 160gb HD.

>Track down the games
You don't need to do that, you just need Splinter Cell. The original Xbox is incredibly easy to softmod.
youtube.com/watch?v=otysqrBT7ko&t=383s

What were the best Xbox mods and hacks?

All of those great Xbox games that won't be remade or remastered because Microsoft only cares about Halo and Gears of War.

Games

They don't own the rights to most of the great Xbox games. The only ones they own the rights to are the FASA games and a few others.