How SJW was this game? Was this game good enough to warrant a sequel

How SJW was this game? Was this game good enough to warrant a sequel

Not very, and yes it is. Didn't you hear? People got upset because it wasn't culture sensitive enough.

Culturally sensitive?
But there was a black guy helping you around during your journey to find Gaia and destroy Hades
But why do people say that it's just an SJW game?

Basically the scientists from the past are liberals but the game is politically neutral
The story was okay, characters outside of Aloy were well written and I think a sequel could be really good if they had less open world tropes

I honestly feel like the only guy on Earth that thinks this is not only SJW, but perhaps the most SJW game ever created. I'm honestly worried I'm too far gone at this point.
This game (outside it's great combat) follows every single Feminist Frequency guideline to an almost comical degree. Out of the entire game, there was only one strong and admirable male character: the father that dies at the start of the game. Literally EVERY other male is either evil, greedy or petty, or cowardly. The very few that aren't, that can almost be considered equal to Aloy, are all undercut by being subordinate to a stronger woman (black guy warrior and his freaking mom, drunk guy and his older sister).
Seriously, NO women have ANY flaws in this game. There was a quest with three escaped convicts: two men and a woman. The men were fat, creepy, and ran like cowards. The woman was an honorable warrior that fights you in a duel and dies with Aloy's respect. I not being hyperbolic, EVERY character is like this.
Play it. I just want someone, anyone, to confirm I'm not crazy.

Oh yeah, and every single female's outfits are Taliban approved. The most skin you'll EVER see is Aloy's belly in that desert outfit.

If you dont think about it, you wont find any. But if you will try to find SJW in this game, you can find plenty. Without spoilers can say i found ONE big SJW moment that made me stop for a moment.

I skipped all of that story shit. Just by the character designs I can tell it's sjw garbage anyway.

Gameplay is kind of good but kind of not, good enough for a sequel? Sure. I'd prefer if the sequel was made by an entirely different dev team though.

AND despite having more diversity than the Burger King's kids club, every actual evil villain is a white guy. Not personally white so I don't care, but that's definitely SJW as all hell.

The black guy didnt fuck the ugly white girl main character so that's racism desu

well said, good to see someone state this in a non-shitposting manner

I see your point but it didn't bother me. Like I could see the agenda pushing but there was never some cringeworthy GURL POWR moment that took me out.

>How SJW was this game?
It gets a little stupid
>Was this game good enough to warrant a sequel
I desperately want a sequel that takes robot dino fighting and learns some lessons from BOTW and gives us a protagonist that isn't voiced by a burch and doesn't babble to themselves.

Look at her fucking face.
That should answer your question.

>Windy weather conditions
>Aloy says to nobody in particular "I hate being pushed around"

It's another one of those fantastic games I'll never play. Like so many these days, it is the pinnacle of excellence. Which is probably why I'm being a hipster and have no interest.

well the main character looks like Dewey from malcom in the middle so I'm gonna say.. pretty SJW

lmao

I think she looks like that kid from Pete and pete

Why is she so ugly bros?

So is it good though? Regardless of whether you guys think it's too "feminist".I've seriously been considering buying it. It looks good, just worried about repetitive puzzles making me mad.

I thought it was really good, but not until after about 4-5 hours in / once I had unlocked the whole world map

Very enjoyable gameplay. Hardly an SJW game. To Sup Forumseddit, it is the worst game ever made and pure propaganda. In reality, I can't recall a single blatant SJW moment in this game. You really have to reach and force yourself to see shit that isn't there to call this game SJW. Progressive (inb4 Sup Forumstard with YOU MEAN REGRESSIVE LMAO PRAISE KEKISTAN) or liberal are better terms to describe it. Solid 8/10 game.

Right on the money dude, and inherently there is nothing wrong with any of that. To each their own. I think the developers are acutely aware that the design doesn't appeal to a sizable demo of core enthusiasts. No one is that fucking dense. Even those virtue signaling "I have [insert a minority] friend" types are aware of their narcissism on some level, a motherfucker wouldn't say that sentence otherwise. At the end of the day, this is about money and the dev's made moves on the fems wallets, people noticed, story should have ended there.

Anyone have a high rez pic of her face. Wanna fap to her sexy big head HAHAHA yes so yes

Combat is fun. One of the high points of a great year for video games. Yeah, the feminism is strangely subtle and overwhelming, but if that doesn't bother you, it's dope. Mixed things with the story, some love it, some find it forgettable but unnoffensive. Open world is kind of bland outside the freedom to hunt dinosaurs. Stumbling into a stalker nest while fighting something else is awesome. Go for it, but Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil, Persona 5, Nier, Nioh, XCom 2 WotC, and Pretty are better buys if you haven't got to them. Then Horizon.

>WotC
>Mods

Destroying all my free time lately, pretty gud.

It's alright.
Aloy doesn't shut up and Faro is a titanic cunt.
Blast Sling and Precision Bow are basically all you ever need. Doesn't need a sequel, maybe a DLC to end things or at least explore the west.

I didn't think the open world was bland at all. Just travelling around from point A to point B always felt like some kind of hunting adventure, and if you didn't have stealth armor you were always running from encounter to encounter (or running / riding for your life). I enjoyed the random NPCs fighting on the roads, bandit encounters and ambushes by scavenger bots

>Pretty
I meant Prey. Also, am I the only one bothered by Horizon's loot box approach to in game items. Not monetized, just weird and out of place. Not fun at all and made collecting the last few upgrades a mild pain in the ass. Just shit and not fun at all.

playing it right now and even though I haven't reached the end you are completely right.

People say that the fact aloy is thin means it's not sjw ,but people will judge the game by what it looks like and they can't get away with having a """real""" fat female. Speaking of which, aloy probably only weighs like 150lbs and is a better fighter than the men in the game.

the whole UI is pretty clumsy. The only way to reorganize your equipment is to drop it and pick it up again off the ground.
The loot boxes didn't bother me in particular though. They allow you to carry infinite resources without taking up inventory slots

Eh, there's been so many open worlds in the last couple years, the bar for above average has been raised pretty damn high. It was no Witcher. Hell, Assassin's Creed Origins kicked it's ass. Horizon's open world was pretty good, just forgettable. The only thing of true value in that game is the dinos and the combat (godly), but EVERY thing else was forgotten when I finished.

I don't care what anyone says. I still think, that Killzone: Shadow Fall was, while expressing the same sensibilities as this game does, BY FAR the much better put together, concise and better executed, the game. It was a diamond in the rough (regardless of what the trilogy fans have to say about it). This one, however, has VERY much overstayed its welcome for me.

its not its something retards made up to hate the game

even with all the mmuh feminism strong female, the sjw game media still raged on this game for "cultural appropriation", they thought it was offensive to indian natives

I look at it like this, if you can't tell something is SJW just from the cover art, you probably wouldn't be bothered by the content in the game. Easy and simple.

Comics will break your heart, kid

Other than Aloy looking uglier than her face model to look "realistic", not much, at least from what I remember. I haven't played the dlc so that could be different from the game.

And as far as sequels go, I have no clue where they could go, they pretty much answered everything. I was shocked the first game in a series revealed all of its secrets on its first outing. the sequel bait at the end felt forced and out if nowhere, I took it as "if this sells and is successful then I guess we have a set up of sorts to go somewhere with this story, even after putting all our cards on the table"
Does anyone here have any ideas where exactly could they go? we know everything about this universe already.

if you play as a female and shes not explicitly sexualized and hot as fuck then its feminism or you're gay or something

period

accept it lol

Literally who the hell cares about any of this shit?

Oh wow, I didn't realize how bad this thread had gotten, shouldn't have bothered posting.

Comics tend to be sjw shit, at least that's what I think of them with my limited exposure. Nah, fuck it. Judge a book by its cover, large chunk of the population of this planet does that. Not going to fix what isn't broke.
O k, that's fine. I'm not the same person as you so obviously I would view it differently.

>i haven't seen anything from the game the post

>Comics tend to be sjw shit
nope

>Someone thinks differently then me

unwad those panties famalam.

Like I said, limited exposure. What I've seen doesn't make me want to investigate because (SJW shit)

aloys to boring to be a mary sue

the DLC has the best snow ever

Might need some of this as well

Why is HZD compared to BOTW so often around here? It's far more like Far Cry than it is anything else. May as well compare BOTW to GTA or something equally retarded

release dates

similar release dates, console exclusivity, both open world. At least at first, it was probably compared by people looking to stir up shit. Actually, that was probably most of the comparisons.

I think the game and Aloy herself are fantastic, but god damn do I agree about the pushy feminist shit.

Just to name a few things from my own memory

>The characters in the beginning of the game laugh anyone who does not have a mother (not having a father doesn't seem to be a stigma)
>Aloy's sole purpose is to find out about her mother (again who gives a fuck about the father)
>The one who destroys the world is a male, the one who fixes it is female
>Gaia is a female gendered AI while Hades is Male
>The final human boss is male
>Most of the supporting character stories have to do with women being right vs male

I really hate jumping on feminist hate trains, because that is the kind of shit that kicked up GG. But god damn does this game annoy me sometimes of how it has to show how great women are at everything all the time.

It's a mix, like 60/40 SJW to normal from Marvel, the reverse for DC. Things MIGHT turn around this year, but yeah stay away for now. It's tricky picking the gems from the turds

came out around the same dates zelda fanboys flipped out saying it was going to take away sales

i dont think you played the game at all

My favorite guy was the sun hunter that enjoyed killing.

Jeez, I forgot about all the mother stuff. And all the early locations named Mother this and Mother that. Man, I must have blocked a ton of the feminism out in favor of the good memories of fucking up huge ass robots. Oh man, I'm cringing

Personally I loved the guy you meet in the Dam in Frozen Wilds

this

for the retards saying the final boss is a guy how can a red ai that controls a robot be human

Go to bed Anita

You tell me how I missed the mark?

all of it you stupid fuck

Leave Firestorm out of this, he's had a hard life

a year later and you idiots still posting this stupid shit

>How SJW was this game?
Holy shit dude, are you for real, reevaluate your life choices.

Do you care to elaborate as to why?

Damn, back then I thought Neogaf imploding was funny. Kinda thought they'd just evaporate or something.

Honestly I don't mind this since the rest of the tribes in the game treat Aloy's tribe like backwater savages

I don't really care about all these things much, what bothers me is when it's done with a specific political agenda in mind.

If it had just sort of happened because that's the way the story went I wouldn't have cared. But you know those fuckers planned it to be that way 100%

>How SJW was this game?
what? that has no semblance of meaning, why wasn't the first reply someone telling OP he's a faggot?

you guys are slipping

He's not that stupid, he's seeking to further his knowledge of the subject by using questions. You on the other hand...

How has no one called this pasta yet?

have you retards looked at anything from this game and dont go off what some idiot tpold you

Isnt gaia a literal hijab wearing muslim?

Explain your reasoning

Do you get off on denying people arguments or something?

for one the final boss is a robot you fool

Horizon Zero Dawn is frustratingly mediocre. Its gameplay is mostly derivative and so is its narrative, but there are moments where it feels like it's about to become something more. I think the game had the potential to become a classic but missed the mark and that saddens me.

I said the final human boss. The one that comes before the robot.

Have you considered actually elaborating on why he's wrong instead of calling people stupid?

Good thing he said final "human" boss.

>The characters in the beginning of the game laugh anyone who does not have a mother
no they dont where did this happen
>Aloy's sole purpose is to find out about her mother
thats bad how and no she went to kill the peole that killed most of her tribe
>Gaia is a female gendered AI while Hades is Male
no there both ai fool
>The final human boss is male
nope
>Most of the supporting character stories have to do with women being right vs male
no you fucking fool where did you get this from
bitch you fucking stupid

so a sub boss is a final boss now

It was 100 sjw pandering bullshit and i hope the studio that made it goes bankrupt.

is there a thread shitting on a nintendo game for you idiots to make this thread

I wish the final boss had been one of those giant tentacle machine factories that are as large as mountains

>no they dont where did this happen
The beginning of the game
>thats bad how and no she went to kill the peole that killed most of her tribe
Aloy left the tribe to find out about Elizabeth Sobeck, which was her motivation to learn about her mother.
>no there both ai fool
GENDERED Ai is still forcing gender
>nope
Now you are just plain wrong
>no you fucking fool where did you get this from
From the quests in the game, one of the first side question is about a shambling idiot of a male trying to find her sister or something

Also, notice how I am not calling you stupid, but you are calling me stupid.

It's almost like there's a mother earth theme going on, the fucking nerve!

i pretend to be a girl on facebook and i'm a part of those gamer girls groups. cucks, numales, soyboys, and gamer girls of all kinds love this game. the funniest thing i stumbled upon was the fact that so many of these girls are single mothers. why isn't the single mother gamer thing a meme yet? really, once in awhile, you should venture outside of Sup Forums for some real, live normalfag sort of autism. hair dye everywhere as well.
other games they especially like
>overwatch
>dragon age
>just skyrim -- not ES
>ark
>TLoU
>MMOs where they can dress their characters in lewd manner
>any character creation, really

I love Horizon threads on /v

Why is Hades always depicted in an evil manner? Zeus and Poseidon have always been more fucked up than Hades has ever been. Both of them went around raping women while Hades (arguably) kidnapped one woman to be his wife, that's it, and she even liked him.

oh, and they really, really like MHW. i'll bet you anything that they felt that capcom was being "progressive" by making MH characters look healthy heh. you should see the number of bright-haired characters they post

The beginning of the game
>you mean those 3 kids yap thats everybody
>Aloy left the tribe to find out about Elizabeth Sobeck and the elders tell her to hint down the the peole that killed most of the tribe did you skip dialog
so you hate cortana edi glados and all the other ai ever that have that
From the quests in the game, one of the first >side question is about a shambling idiot of a male trying to find her sister or something
this pruves you didnt play the game at all he helps you in the final battle and you have some other guy in quests helping you take out bandits and the sun king that you help fuck off you idiot

thats for the sequel senpai

Because western brainlets got it into their little heads that gods of death have to be evil and anything subverting that trope would blow their minds.