Monster Hunter

Why are MH fans so unwilling to confront the series' faults? Another new game comes by and we still have laughably inept programming leading to stuff like monsters body parts clipping through walls/ledges to hit you, monsters running full tilt into walls (sometimes invisible ones) like they're on a treadmill and sending you flying if you even look at them, and hip checks that can hit you even if you're on the opposite side. God forbid the monster hip checks on a ledge or it'll hit everything in a 50 foot radius.

It just makes the games so much more annoying than they have to be. How could would it be if you could lure Rathalos into a small area where he can't stretch his wings out to fly? As it is, you get completely fucked if that happens since it can just clip through the walls and then rely on the camera to spin out of control so it can land an easy cart. Or what if monsters actually collided with walls and took damage, prompting you to try and dodge at the last second so they do it? The game could be so good, but instead we just have ugly overcrowded areas that can't even run a stable 30FPS on the system they were designed for.

Git gud

No one care.

>rely on the camera to spin out of control
anyone want to tell him?

Game is meant to be hard and full of artificial difficulty. Deal with it.

couple of triggered dildos that know OPs right right here

a ton of clipping is intentional? thats the worst thing ive ever heard lmao

I dunno. I don't see many faults objectively but I can see a lot of subjective ones. Some of the hitboxes are genuinely awful especially fleshdogons bite where you dodge into his neck and it still hits despite every monster in the game with a bite working otherwise. Some hurtboxes can be obnoxious too.

Its definitely not a game for everyone which a lot of casuals who bought into the hype will find once they reach high enough were you cannot just tank monsters.

Probably either Ratholos/Diablos maybe even Fleshdogon

Yeah, but the game is still fun.

>tfw there are "people" posting on Sup Forums right now that unironically get carted by a fucking rathalos

Is this a trick question? MH fans like the series for what it is. For quite some time, the series has been making changes to appeal to a wider audience. Some will kick and scream, but most will just accept it... Say what you will about Sup Forums, but MHW has been widely accepted even amongst the MH community as the best MH game ever. There's no doubt that things like monster AI and the jankiness there will be changed in the future as it becomes easier to program for that stuff. It's better, imo, for them to do it slowly so as to not alienate long time MH fans that are the backbone of the franchise.

attention whore get over it

rathalos was the first one that actually made me have to figure out how this game works

Can I upgrade my low rank armour to high rank?

>Got carted by Anja/Fleshdog once because I relied on my cat to heal me and he ran close to me and healed himself with his drink despite being at 80% and me like 50%.

I think i carted once on Diablos from the same way. Ill never rely on my cat again in the heat of the moment my fault. But yeah carting on LR is hard and feels like its all your fault.

Because things that you might consider a problem can be considered a hallmark by people who like the game as it is

If too many "problems" get "fixed" then the game will slowly but surely lose the essence of what made it unique and interesting to begin with

Really? I felt like Anja was and then nothing until maybe Fleshdog/Diablos. Hell even Leggy more so then Ratholos.

Ratholos is so fucking docile on LR man. Until maybe near the very end he was pitiful for me. Hell I wouldn't say Anja was either but he made me cart once since I over extended when he went super ferial and hit me with a 2x fire combo.

You gotta make new high rank armor. There's 2 versions of every armor on high rank. Other has more skills and no gem slots, other has less skills and more gem slots.

So are newfags just not aware or is the whole "start a monster hunter thread by insulting the series" thing dead? Way too many people in here responding to OP seriously.

I don't know. I just see a mon hun image, skip OP's ravings and talk about mon hun.

>Why are MH fans so unwilling to confront the series' faults

Because they aren't wise enough to have you grade their opinions and allow you to tell them what they really like.

If you have a moment could you answer a small question?

How many gallons of cum did you have to ingest to achieve enlightenment? Please try to measure in something easy to understand like swimming pools, because the rest of us just aren't bright enough to follow your righteous mind.

thanks

Looks like someone's stuck in low rank.

anja was pretty easy for me for some reason. same for the doggo. rathalos made me triple cart twice one day. maybe i was just tired. because the next day I got him done pretty easily. I was having trouble with his flying because i couldn't just stand somewhere and smack the shit out of him.

>insert predictable muh quality of life changes shitpost

It's literally the worst game in the series. I'm not even 40 hours in and defeated every single monster in the game and crafted all the stuff I planned for. What a waste of $60.

How the fuck do I aim CB's big flashy move? Also, what's the fastest way to it? Surely tripe circle triangle isn't the fastest.

Post card

Triangle plus circle will trigger it. Charge your shield first. Charge your blade second. Then go for the axe excess charges.

Im a newcommer and honestly I prefer Dragons dogma or freedom wars

That's your fault for blowing through everything right away instead of having fun, I bet you play MMOs too faggot.

I'm done with tripping in this game, literally every fucking weapon stops me in my tracks or in the case of SA, LS, DS and bow they lock me in place. I'm so tired of bow users making rocks rain, so tired of DS doing their combo into my shield.

I swear to jesus it wasn't this bad or frustrating in older games.

Point your face to the direction you wanna hit. Try hitting the monsters head or tail so the blasts go through him.

Fastest way is triangle+circle three times, it's kinda hard to accurately hit because you move forward so much. Usually I just go R2+triangle to axe mode and just triangle+circle from there.

It really was though

>babby's first mon hun

>Complains about petty shit
Name 3 problems with monster hunter world that legitimately hurts the GAMEPLAY.

Why wouldn't a person with an iq above 79 blow through boring low and high rank? Oh right, because apparently there isn't anything after high rank in this game, and you're stuck with babby difficulty.

Not him, but I'm gonna predict his answer
>potions take too long to drink
>weapon sharpening is stupid (takes too long)
>monsters take 45 min (too long) to kill because I suck

I'm killing everything just using the charged blade and shield, I don't think I've touched axe mode yet aside from all these fucking missed discharges. The discharge needs a fucking better shortcut that doesn't require you to walk a mile, the weapon is already complicated enough compared to everything else. I mean, compare it to Wyvern Fire, that shit is so fucking easy to land, and requires 0 build up. Or the switch axe's big flashy move once you fill the blade gauge, it removes all guess work of how to land it, because you just pseudo mount (without counting as a mount) and land it for free.

>I should have waited for the G release.

Nah, the worst we had it was LS during third gen, other than that you wouldn't flinch if a weapon lightly tapped you, I don't remember ever being stopped completely when doing an unsheathe attack, sometimes I don't even realize I've been stopped mid-combo. I used to be more understanding of LS shitters but holy shit does this game make me want to send them flying with my hammer.

>invisible ones

Are you fucking joking? They still haven't fixed the invisible walls?

You make up gross assumptions because you're afraid of thinking and facing someone else's opinion like an adult.

>Why are MH fans so unwilling to confront the series' faults?
Oh the fans are fine with criticism.
The problem is that you aren't dealing with fans, you're dealing with titlefags.

You're right, sharpening should take a whole 10 minutes. Git gud if you don't like it and value your time

It's meant for huge openings (like monster laying on the ground, stunned, paralysed). You can't expect to be throwing it out at the heat of battle, it's never gonna hit.

Basic gameplay with CB is collect vials with sword (best way is hold circle and triangle+circle after). Charge shield (quickest is triangle+circle three times, cancel last hit with R2). Then switch to axe mode and hit triangle circle triangle circle etc.

>ran out of village points
what the fuck? I don't even know what I spent it on

How do gems work in this game? Is it still some weird method of adding up to 10 points to get something to activate or do you just gain the skill like the individual armor pieces

Play solo then.

I can face your opinion, it just sucks and I don't care.

Git gud kid

Gems give +1 to whatever armor skill. At least all the ones I've found so far do.

That's literally all I do, except I never switch to axe mode, but charge the blade instead after the shield, and keep just whacking on monsters with the charged sword+shield combos (triangle x2 + triangle circle or hold circle +triangle circle). Even when shit's on the ground I miss the fucking discharge (not entirely, just the shockwave). It just requires to be too far from the monster to hit.

>complains about wasting time
>plays video games

It really sounds like you want to be playing GSword.

Spoken like an underage.

Only thing I've had a noticeable problem with are the sliding attacks, I can do a normal regular swing facing the monster but if its near a ledge or on a greater than 5 degree slope I'll somersault over the monster and get tagged by an attack in the process. It's kind of a gamble when they will come out

Using old memes as a defense mechanism is the exact opposite though. You put in the effort to make a bitter prediction and now you're trying to back out.

>the worst we had it was LS during third gen
I remember getting fucked by GS just as much as LS

Oh man they kept the sharpening speed untouched! Beautiful!

That's good what you're doing now. Try to add more axe combos (most damaging is the triangle, circle etc.) Don't worry about all the shockwaves hitting, it does huge damage even with half of them missing. And most monsters aren't even so large that you could hit all the shockwaves. Most important is the axe slam that hits, you get 2-3 shockwaves almost no matter where you hit.

Then I want a dense experience where I'm engaged and challenged in every minute. If I want a game that's spread incredibly thin over the span of 40 hours, then I'd play an MMO.

This post smells fishy.

The fuck do I care about your saltyness? I like the game and I'm having fun. Tell your mom to buy better games if you don't like it.

aka
>babby's first monster hunter

Anyone else getting a weird checkered magma glow at the bottom of their screens at the Elder's Recess?

I really like it, but it's my first monster hunter game.

Only other MH game I played was Tri on Wii and I was disappointed there's not any underwater combat and that the Single Player and Multiplayer hubs are mixed together so you never see people on the Gathering Hub, when they should've been split at the title screen like before.

Stop asking for so much and be happy for once. Video games aren’t at that point yet, maybe one day they will be perfect featuring every little detail you described. Just shut the fuck up

hitboxes can be atrocious at times. haven't seen anyone talk about this because this game has an even more elitest "git gud" mentality than dark souls.

That's because you can't criticize games when they're on Sony systems.

>monster dashes by you

>you have fainted

>game has gatekeeping and forced grinding.
>weapons are all awful to use
>forces coop as hunts are almost impossible solo.
>coop is almost impossible because of backwards japanese design
>monsters are OP
>worst of all, how in the year 2018, can a big AAA multiplayer game not have PvP?"

>forces coop as hunts are almost impossible solo.
nigger what.
>monsters are OP
>worst of all, how in the year 2018, can a big AAA multiplayer game not have PvP?"
oh okay. you almost got me there

>trying to force another "why is this sword so slow?" thing
It's not going to happen.

jesus fucking christ is there ANY way to dodge the negrigante charge

it has the width of a football field

>game makes you spend too much time finding the monster/chasing the monster on some maps
>weapons are barren as fuck. Many Rath weapons aren't in the game despite both of them and the subspecies are in the game. No Diablos GS because fuck you
>some weapons like the Rathalos Switch Axe got replaced by a far uglier weapon. Just christ that new axe is an eyesore
>new armor looks ugly as fuck
>most LBG's in the game suck balls. Want to deal elemental damage or rapid pierce? Sorry, you're SoL and have to wait for the G installment
>made the charge blade broken again, but gutted the glaive's damage output
>has the worst netcode of any modern Monhun by far
>runs worse than a 3DS wii port from 5 years ago
>runs like ass on vanilla xbone/ps4
>clipping out the ass and bland colors in general. Armor sets lack those vibrant colors they once had
>many weapons have "anime" moves" like gen did(hammer overheads/glaive air dashes). They're not the exact moves, but anime is anime
>worst roster since Tri. I don't give a fuck if Tri had a worse roster. That doesn't make this any better
>no new monster designs. All of them are just old skeletons rehashed onto a new skin
>no bug monsters. Where the fuck is /ourqueen/
>no snow area. I called this shit when Lagombi and Tigrex weren't in the leaked roster. How do you fuck this up?
>DLC out the ass. They literally pulled a SFV with the roster, but because Monhun DLC is always free people will eat that shit up
>MICROTRANSACTIONS IN A MONSTER HUNTER GAME. All Monster Hunter DLC should be free. No exceptions

This game would have been universally panned if this was a switch title.