Donkey Kong Country

What direction would you like for the next Donkey Kong Country game to take?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc
youtube.com/watch?v=WA2WjP6sgrc
mynintendonews.com/2018/01/29/ex-rare-composer-david-wise-reportedly-working-on-a-nintendo-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3D platforming parkour like Prince of Persia.

the direction of the bin

Sequel to the Retro games.

They're great.

A developer who understands the atmosphere and wants to retain precise controls of the original DKC trilogy.

New Funky Mode and a controller made of cardboard.

3D platformer but not a collectathon

Go back to the visual style and music of the original trilogy.

The Rare games are like golden age Pixar films
The Retro games are like Dreamworks straight to DVD movies.

This tbqh
I want to experience the HD cardboard vibrations that Funky feels

youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

Why can't real-time 3D games look like this? Is it lack of skill?

I think both Retro and Rare's DK games are great in different ways.
Rare is gone and is something we can't solve, and Retro is a new team, So I understand why they want to make things different. If they had took everything about Rare's DK, then people would say that they aren't Original or that Rare games were just better because they were the first and Nostalgia is a hell of a drug to some people.

I'd make it be the first Donkey Kong with it's own special control. Donkey Kong Country 4: The Last Banana/spoiler].

You're one of THOSE people who thinks Dixie's Double Trouble was good, aren't you

It's amazing how much I disagree with you. In the pantheon of Nintendo platformers, I've always rated DK the lowest, below even Kirby. They haven't aged well visually, coming off as blurry and sloppy whereas even Mario 3 is still crisp. The Retro games though, especially Tropical Freeze, are sublime. In fact, I would say Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer of the past decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=WA2WjP6sgrc

As for where I would like to see it go, just build upon the prior entry and continue the environmental juxtaposition theme. And get David Wise back for the music.

Another Retro game
This time with Kremlings

>below even Kirby
Are you implying Kirby is bad nigga
>They haven't aged well visually
Subjective; I think the games aged fine. The actual renders look shitty but the in-game sprites still look good. The game almost has this sorta claymation style to it, and the characters and enemies all have so much more personality than other platformers at the time. I have no issue telling where i'm going or what i'm doing. Granted the graphics aren't simplistic like in the Mario games so it's not AS clear, but it's nowhere near unclear IMO.

Supposedly David Wise has been working with Rare in the past few months. It may be because the Switch port of Dong Freeze could have new levels like the 3Ds version of Returns but I doubt it.
mynintendonews.com/2018/01/29/ex-rare-composer-david-wise-reportedly-working-on-a-nintendo-project/

You see, I can't stand this art direction. The first few hours, it didn't bother me, but after the honeymoon period, it just looks so generic. The environments are so plasticy that they look like they are filled with air, bordering on mobile territory-- the world is too fucking cute looking.

Bring back the Kremlings instead literally who garbage villains.

This should be a start of how to make a new DKC look. It needs to be extremely detailed and intimidating.

>I know 0 about game desing the post
You know how much of a mess a platformer like your pic would be?
The characters are blended in the background and you can't make out whats going on, imagine that in motion.

>I lack reading comprehension the post.

I said it should be the START of developing an art direction; also, DKC Trilogy had the characters only slightly brighter than the backgrounds and there were no issues. Like I said, that should be a START.