>complex

Ahahahahaahahh

play tag force instead

>Play a card game
>why do I need cards?

If anything baby links is way easier.

Emma and Bella are for _______

i just wanted to play like i see it on the anime

Then play Legacy of the Duelist's story mode.

So who's going to see this again? Surprisingly a theater near me is showing it in March.

I remember going to see the first time just for the cards, and that's all I remember about it.

It’s silly how top-tier the yugioh chicks are. How do they do it?

Of course Akiza is #1.

its like 20 usd on steam
so am fine you know, i wanted to play as my own dude anyway so i dont really like story mode or anything

Use a starter deck. There don't have to build deck. I agreed though OP game isn't as easy to get into as it once was.

Then Duel Links is your best modern bet unless you want to emulate the GBA games

Am I retarded or is it like impossible to earn enough gems to buy boosters?

I jus want to meme with a blue eyes ultimate dragon deck but getting the gems for the cards seems absurd.

God forbid I wanna build more than one deck too.

That game sucks asshole. I platinumed it I know. One of the worst yugiohs. Play any of the ds ones or fucking spirit caller if you want yugiohs the role playing novel adventure.

caring.

>Got back into the TCG
>Want to discuss it on here
>Only thread with any decent amount of replies in /tg/ was a flamewar over MTG

Never mind then....

Pro tip. Don't play for a few months then come back to 5k gems every event. Repeat til rich then buy whatever cards are best when you cash out. You'll never get everything for free but that will actually get you enough shit to be viable.also use hacks to farm if you want to speed shit up

but i dont get this, the game and the irl card game are vehicles for the anime right?
so why make them feel completely different then?

in the anime i can see yugi just pulling cards and enjoying himself

i play the games to know how he feels because i too wanna have fun, but its just tedious and boring, how did that happen?

Unfortunately the best place is /dng/ but >/vg/

Just put 3 econs and 3 mirror walls in your deck and beat down your opponent.

It's really not that variable or complex if you're playing ranked duels. There are usually a handful of meta decks and the rest are outliers. All you really need are some staples and you can put whatever you want in the deck and do okay. Cards you'll want: E-con, Mirror Wall, Wall of Destruction, Super Headlong Rush, Floodgate Traphole. My old suggestion would be to just open the Phoenix pack multiple times so you can build Naturia or Phoenix, but I think that shit has all been outclassed now. I use Ancient Gear, but you can't build it without Crowler.

It's the other way around. Around Battle City the anime became a vehicle to push the card game. The only difference is that everyone played random shit in the anime.

yeah you see i didnt get past the part where i am introduced to deck building
i dropped all my fucks right then and there

this thread better last until lunchtime

I set a card in face down defense position. Your turn.

It's really not that bad. I've been playing for nearly a year now and have gone through multiple packs 3x without buying anything. Some decks are a lost cause without paying, like REZ or Dark World, but I have a fair number of decent and meme decks that I've built. My favorite is memeing on people with frog beatdown wetlands deck. Unless you've someone maxed out every character and you're max level on both worlds, you should have plenty of gems to earn. Also, Konami has been pretty good recently with free gems. Granted, I'd love to get a fuckton more than they give, but honestly it's not as jewy as most mobile games.

>Google keep shilling yugioh at me trying to get me to buy back into it.
>hear people talking about cards being 200$ for singles of anything worth a fuck.
> look back at all the cards worth that much when I last played and they are worth 40-50 at most now if or 1-2$ on average.
And this is why I can't bring myself to do it. I'd love to go to tourneys and shit again but what is the point everything becomes useless so fast these days and costs so much only to deteriorate in value and usefulness like it was milk. Everything went to shit after synchro. Synchro felt like an evolution of fusion everything since just feels like tacked on gimmicks and expensive power creep to sell OTK decks. I still dabble in ocg but the tcg just seems like such a mess to get into these days.

watched pyramid of light a ton as a kid since I had the dvd back then, dunno, even over a decade back, the story/duels weren't that great but it was nice seeing our favorite characters on the big screen
At least we got blue eyes white jet and Peten the clown out of it

The game actually has a deck builder if you're that fucking lazy, but I can't fathom deciding to play a CCG where the core gameplay is building a variety of decks, and then complaining about having to deck build. The game has 3 different starter decks you could buy with gems that are a step above the free character decks. I'd only get Joey or Kaiba's though. Jaden's has a few good cards, but e-heroes are trash still.

>old rules and cards
>complex
>has built in auto-deck builder that constantly makes decks that shit on others

You can do that but it takes thought in your deck to use the heart of the cards. I hit kog and qualified for KC cup with a miss matched deck of random cards with no theme. You just need synergy every card needs a purpose for being in your deck. If your playing duels and getting annoyed your drawing a card that is a good sign it needs to go.

You won't be able to get enough at first, but over time it becomes less of a problem. Whenever a new booster pack is released they hand out 500 Gems automatically. Events are good for Gems too. When you get characters into higher levels, sometimes the rewards are 250 Gems or so.

>that constantly makes decks that shit on others
Isn't it just "unga bunga big ATK points" + whatever the character's sig card is?

Got back into Duel Links recently
are the rates better if you buy packs in bulks of 5/10?

Yes. It's that + whatever random defensive cards it likes

sorry my patience got bent on a two by four because it took 2 fucking hours to load the fucking shit
everthing so fucking crammed and ugly to look at too, its giving me wankers cramp wwaahh

Eh, /tg/ can have decent discussion if your board game is niche. You probably caught the board at a bad time. Standard in Magic was (recently, not sure if it's still the same now) bananas and Wizards was nerfing/banning things.

How are you guys liking the tag duel shit? I didn't care about the feature, but Konami has been hyping it for like 6 months and it's a pretty shit event. The drop rates for the lottery seem even shittier than previous events and the "I'll pull Silent Magician out of my ass" ability on the last match is pretty fucking annoying. I luckily got my 3 dino cards, but I'm still going to farm it until it's over with the Ra farm deck.

>Plays a card game
>Doesn't want to deck build

You're fucking retarded, aren't you?

I still waitin for Tag Duel PvP for my Shien support deck

Nah it's just you. Pic related, I ALWAYS buy 50 packs from Main Boxes, 30 packs from Mini Boxes and every new Structure Deck that comes out and I STILL have this many gems.

Play any of the PS2/PS3 games then. They seemed to favor anime card effects or actual tcg effects

I'm sure once it gets implemented for PvP, there will be a fuckton of dumb gimmick decks that people will use and get shit banned again across all modes.

wait until Cyber Stein Ojama King
Shit scary

didnt thought that deck building was gonna be a part of the game
i see all the cards and my brain just shuts up, its saying "this is way too much info all at once i am getting bored lets play something easier"

>Play a card game
>Did not expect deck building
How slow are you when it comes to this franchise

It's not that uncommon to first turn Ojama King now, but the extra LP helps a lot. Also, shit like Pot of Greed and Different Dimension Capsule become better because they work in one turn for you. On the flip side, fuck having to share backrow space with another person. It'd be okay if you work in tandem with a person you know so you can coordinate the decks, but being paired with a random doesn't sound fun.

I used to have a ps2 yugioh game, it was in japanese tho so i didnt get anywhere past what i think was an opening cutscene

in the show they always just had their decks i didnt care about that i cared about like, how they always turn everything around and win shit

But you see Yugi actually work on his deck before beating Atem. The entire final battle was all about the strategy that goes into a Yugioh duel

You don't have to play, but I think the game does a good job of getting a person right into it. Did you play Yugioh as a kid, or played it ever before this? My girlfriend who's never played or seen Yugioh before got into it within an hour and was winning nearly every game. Autoduel helps too, maybe you could just watch the AI play and try it out yourself?

Switch version freaking when.

Never hopefully

i watched gx more than the original one

i always bought yugioh cards at the flea market, cus it looked cool, never actually played the game tho, everytime i tried i got bored immediately
but if am at the point of watching someone else play the game, i would have more enjoyment from watching someone else play it for me (after just giving up in ultra hard parts of games and letting someone else pass them for me) but i need to care about the game in the first place tho

What is the newest archetype introduced in this game right now? Also are there any viable gimmick decks like burn decks?

MAIN PHASE BATTLE PHASE 3 9 2 WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACTIVATE EFFECT YOU HAVE EFFECTS MAIN PHASE BATTLE MAIN PHASE 393

Technically Bujins, and they're so-so.
Burn Decks are incredibly annoying and relevant, especially with Weevil as he has a skill that puts 1-2 Parasites into the opponent's deck

Big tiddies and people are probably drawn to the idea of a girl being into the same stuff as them while not having any other relationships

Just netdeck some fun builds. I started off by building the Hammer Shark deck from the Reddit F2P Survival Guide and I've done fine ever since.

but then thats no fun if i already know the ending
i wish it was like in the anime where i dont know whats on the deck

also i thought that people were supposedly having fun by making their own decks?
why are they going online to just have someone else do it for them?

and also the game gave out two Lava Golems, so that's always fun

I used the free tickets they give you to buy some kaibamans and econs and I do pretty well just facerolling with blue eyes.

If you take some time to play it's pretty easy to get a bunch of the currency for the event and the event craps out gems.

NIGGA are you trying to play a game or watch the anime. Choose one right now and we can start helping you

play coin flip deck for living on the edge

Not him but /tg/ MTG threds have been nonstop shitposting for the last 6 months since WotC went off the deep end and started mass banning people for "problematic views"

Mods also outed WotC employees shilling

I should warn anyone thinking of playing this that there are hacks out that force you to lose from running out of time even when you should have tons of time left on your turn. I was in the middle of attacking a guy to finish him off and BAM "Time loss".

HHHNNGGG I JUST WANTED TO PLAY BUT THEN I GOT FRUSTRADED WHEN I SAW THE DECK BUILDING PART
AND I GOT SAD THAT I SUCK AT GAMES SO I COME HERE TO SEE IF CAN HAVE FUN BUT THEN NOW YOU ARE ALL SAYING THINGS I DONT GET SO NOW AM WORSE THAN BEFORE WWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHGHHGFDHKS

game sux if it has this much shit going on

>Find cards that work together
>Put them in deck
>Play
>This is somehow too much shit.
Look I get overwhelmed when looking at new card game collections too.
Of course instead of calling the game shit I just sit down and READ.

Now unless you want to play the really old shit like the PC games from the 90s it's time for you to learn

Premade dicks you ding dong

but i dont wanna learn and read..
i wanna pick it up and play IMMEDIATELY

Then ignore the deck building for now and do the duel puzzles and learn by doing.
Look, in the nicest way I can say this, you're going to fucking learn how to play Yugioh the hard way.
If a random 8 year old can learn this game so can you

1 more month until Duel Links is ruined by ironic Tristan memers

ok.. i am gonna open the game again, and do that
BUT IF ITS BORING I AM GONNA LEAVE FOREVER

its not like i am gonna miss this or anything like that...

Or just download tag force special, buy a structure deck and enjoy.

It's only going to seem boring because you're adamant against giving the game a try.
The proper mindset with trying something is not to go "FUCK I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS. SHIT GAME", but "let's see where this goes".
Frankly, Duel Links is a farming sim while I play YGOpro.
This is the real best Japanese TCG

so after 2 months into the game, i wasted all my initial gems on a honorable samurai deck which got me to platinum before the restart, i wasted 1k gems and got the new red eyes fusion which works wonders with the sams and jaden
now that i'm recollecting gems back again what should i do, the sams have save me from many weevils and shit like the phoenixs, but i want something different you know?
like having 2 viable decks for once

HEY, i know am naturally retarded, you dont have to rub it in you know?

Being retarded isn't even a factor here.
It's just general resistance because something isn't 100% like the source material.
Now if I actually thought you were retarded I'd call you a faggot as is Sup Forums tradition.

ok then
just a quick question, what the fuck i am supposed to do after the tutorial?

Complete the challenges in the top left corner to raise your stage, buy booster packs, and grind against AI duelists

play PvE.
There are NPCs you can always stikc to playing against for deck ideas or challegnes, and there's the anime characters from both DM and GX that you can stick to dueling either for fun or farming.
You can also easily just make "cosplay" decks

hey i dont wanna say i gave up yet
but i still dont know how to play the actual game you know..

btw is it normal to get social anxiety before playing against a CPU oppent?
its not like i was on the verge of tearing up or anything haha, but its that fine? i just cant picture losing as kaiba, i dont wanna make the characters angry at me or anything

so can i practice somewhere?

>sherry's butler cockblocks you at the end of TF

then tag force is your man, it has every anime only card you could hope for

its for ps2 so i assume there are more than one ?
which one do i play!

theres one on ps2 called tag force generaton, but the best one is tag force 5 on the psp. if you feel like like hunting down a translation patch and an emulator you can play tag force 6 and arc 5 special.

>ctrl+f meg
>no results
SHIT TASTE, ALL OF YOU

Who?

>not carly
shit taste

and i've already lost any motivation to play it
whoa thats a new record!

seriously just tell me one game pls, just tell me which one is "the one"

>and i've already lost any motivation to play it
what? how? just play the one on the ps2 then ffs

>He haven't seen synchros yet

You're retarded. Shit is piss easy friendly.
Sam

i would really like sycnro summon useing them if you know what i mean

Meg is the worst, right below this uppity bitch. Kylie or whatever the braindead Obelisk Blue girl is called is mid tier.

Shit taste in background cuties

Wisteria is best girl

Yes, the lvl10 Anime characters are piss easy so they're perfect for practice. There monsters only ever go up to 1200, rarely, and they always summon them in ATK position with minimal backrow.

wait do they strip in this game

If you summon all three Egyptian god cards, then win via the effect of Exodia then yes