Diablo creator is streaming his new game right now... and it looks like a worse version of starbound

diablo creator is streaming his new game right now... and it looks like a worse version of starbound

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLoffoZLH8
store.steampowered.com/app/697550/It_Lurks_Below/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wheres the link

that's sad, it does look shit

It's in really early beta right now but I'm excited for this game. I didn't care for starbound but love terraria.

It's on graybeardgames twitch channel right now.

>worse version of starbound
I refuse to believe that's possible.

I mean, good on this guy for making a game he wants

but that's a pretty steep fall from grace, to go from diablo to some terraria clone

Years of hype for this shit
Everything is miserable

I thought he worked on that capeshit game

>2d pixel graphics
wew

Nigger just make torchlight 3.

that literally looks like hes playing starbound. same font, character style, ui

You know his game might not be good but the guy is real kind and has a heart of gold, i've interacted with him on twitter and youtube a couple of times
I hope it goes well for him

> only him
> 1 year and 2 months in development
> made the game engine
> programmed the game
> made the art
> made the music
> made the sounds
> literally made everything by himself

that's pretty impressive i must say, i'll be supporting the game just for the fact that he made diablo and is a 25 year industry vet, plus it'll be just $15 or something like that

100% the guy is the man, can't say anything bad about him nor do i mind that he is inspired by starbound, terraria... he made diablo, literally one of the best pc games in history

Man Brevik is happy as a clam, been a while since I've seen a dev as happy as he is right now on his stream showing off the game and talking about it.

Whoa, this looks pretty good. I hope the items are just as good as diablo. Stats and all.

diablo 1 had better graphics than this 25 years ago, what the fuck is this

a 1man game, diablo had like a thousand artists

actually looks like a good game

jfc that looks 1:1 like Starbound, except the art is even worse. Fucking dropped

Got a summary about the game itself? Not sure what I've missed so far.

false

youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc

true

Remember that time where Brevik created Marvel Heroes, and then abandoned it so it died a painful death? Because I sure the fuck do. Though I can't really blame him because the few decent people it Gaz also left.

So he made a Terraria clone?

I mean it's impressive it's a one-man development project, though. Video games require a lot of shit and usually you have to contract someone for at least one thing--even that slavic dev who made Underrail had to hire someone to do some shit he simply didn't know how to do.

4 classes. Cleric, rogue, wizard, can't remember the last. He has 4 others planned. Release soonish, definitely this year. Single player only right now. Controller support. Diablo style random loot. 15 level dungeon.

I think that's most of it.

it has a steam page

terraria was also a one man development project

I don't understand, what's the point? It's just Terraria with some classes?

What sets this apart from Terraria?

I mean, I'm glad he's happy and proud of his hard work, but this game already exists.

>still no good terraria clone
how did red do it

stats, classes and a progression system. It is similar though.

but there are plenty of terraria mods that add that

He said he didn't get too far in Terraria. If he hasn't dug deep into that, I don't think he can beat it or try to be different enough from it.

I only play vanilla terraria so I wouldn't know. I've played it since beta though and this looks decently different.

what a shame

>runic games was shut down
>they never made an expansion for torchlight II which would have given them easy money if they did it 2 years after launch
sometimes i will never understand game development sometimes

What's a wand do?

But he's just running around with a rocket launching machine gun, why have classes?

They're, in his own words, just guns.

Nothing the rocket launcher cant do better apparently

Makes sense.

Actually that might work if he focuses on loot and interesting bosses instead of crafting/basebuilding.

He hasn't even killed the first of at least 15 bosses so he said. Other people questioned that and he said there are class exclusive armor and weapons. Especially late game.

The 4th one is bard.

>you can modify the dungeon itself
Hype.

I see nothing special in this over all the other Terraria clones. Call me if he adds something special like a physics engine ala Noita youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLoffoZLH8 because as is it looks super amatuerish. 25 years of experience and it does not show.

What was his general concept? Did he mention it? It's a personal project after all.

Same feeling here, cant even wish him anything bad, he seems like a great dude to be around with and i hope his game does Okish even if it seems like a Starbound clone.

>surface has been invaded
>it's ME2 again

>infinite drop time
Nice.

It looks like terraria but I'm fine with that since I like it, and the addition of progression/classes is something I wanted in terraria

It's a single player terraria clone with a hunger system.

>can't make swords
How much better can this game get?

terraria wasn't an in house engine, its using xna framework, it lurks below is its own engine

creating a game engine is x2 the work

Amazing Games made by one man thread?

it's literally beta

old dried up devs can't innovate

>Diablo style random loot
DROPPED SO HARD YOU CAN HEAR THE CLANK IN CHINA

What's the green number? Element damage?

prison architect clone

>noodle-limbed tumblr style art

The guy was a dev for that game and they gave him the assets to help him, not a clone, more like, uses the same engine.
That's like saying FALLOUT: New Vegas is a clone of Oblivion since a lot of assets and code were reused.

The mushroom aspect reminds me of roguelikes.

Rimworld was playable before Prison Architect though.

Terraria 2 when

Hopefully never. Starbound was better in every way.

>can absorb 1000 points of damage at max
I want to see this.

>brevik

Hes making games in prison now?

Late to the party here but just because mods can add things like Stats classes and a progression system does not mean it adds them well.

Fuck, honestly very few games get itemization and progression done properly. It is something I am VERY picky about and have put a lot of time into thinking about. Diablo 1 is one of the few games that really nails it. As well as stuff like Gothic 1&2 and Morrowind if you ignore custom crafting.
Too many games throw shit at you to a point where you become numb to it. If this man did Diablo 1 I trust that he will know how to implement this stuff. I can remember every different tier of item in Diablo and how each new item felt like a significant step up and also made just enough of a visual impact on my character to make it feel like a solid progression. Hell I love diablo 2 but honestly it was the beggining of the loot treadmill/enemy pinatas/christmas tree effect of magic items.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents.

>it's another indie pixelshit with lower res graphics than nes games episode

>It is something I am VERY picky about and have put a lot of time into thinking about
no one cares about your shitty blog

fuck off tiy

Maybe after 4 years of fixing it, and it still has less content.

>Terraria with diablo loot
I'm listening

>mods

>25 mb game
>20 mb is just sound
Wew

>mobbs :DDD

>No one cares about your thoughts on video games and video game systems on a board specifically about talking about video games.

Maybe you should go somewhere else.

because OP is a humongous shit eating fagget

store.steampowered.com/app/697550/It_Lurks_Below/

>people requesting Steam trading cards

why

switch soon

How much is the game?

Dumb phoneposter

It's pixelshit because he's not a fucking artist, retard.

holy shit I remember this dumpsterfire
I wonder what that faggot is up to now

Glad he's okay with broken builds.

Seems like a neat game but not sure how good it will actually be

>AIs can be smart
I wonder what's the limit

>there's going to be a necromancer class and shapeshifting class

my only concern is that it's 1 guy working on this game and that he's not an artist/graphics designer and animator

meaning updates will take longer to release, he's a perfectionist and he pretty much prefers his own work over others which is understandable but damn... at least hire 1 or 2 graphic artist to make the pixel art while you do the rest

He also needs someone to teach him some UI design. Health being a tiny number in the corner of the screen is pretty bad

>my only concern is that it's 1 guy working on this game and that he's not an artist/graphics designer and animator
I think we've been down this road before

Is C the superior language?

Ye fucking stupid cunt, Prison Architect and Rimworld have different engines, it's only art that Prison Architect shared officially with Rimworld, because Tynan is a very shitty artist.

What do you think happens down there that changes the game?

C is, but C++ isn't.
Good luck creating a game on pure C, though.

Not even meming I thought this was just him playing Starbound at first.

Good stream, excited for the game.