LOL! Just lost to infinite combo

LOL! Just lost to infinite combo...
Yep. I wasted my money... guy gets me into a rising combo... cannot call in assists, cannot defend, can only watch my health bar disappear... The combo lasted... wait for it..... FOURTY... TWO.... HITS.... I counted. Not being able to defend yourself... oodles of fun...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
twitter.com/Takanub/status/958935481898684416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like a case of git gud little bitchobi

How much of a manchild can you be to cry over a 42-hit combo

I love how you say "git gud" and yet if you were stuck in that combo you'd be singing a different @#$%ing tune because you cannot get out of it. No amount of slamming any commands did ANYTHING. So you can suck my d*ck troll.

git gud.

THE GUY HAD 1 BAR OF METER! IT WAS A NEVER-ENDING COMBO! "Git Gud". Yeah okay a**hole. You go get stuck in that and you tell me you escaped it. I'd LOVE to hear about it. C*nt. Also I wasn't even in the corner! It was from mid-screen!

I know it's a shit thread but I genuinely don't like games with long combo strings that leave a player with several seconds of absolutely no interactivity.

DBZF is shit, not because you suck at it but because of its shitty roster, autocombos, low skill ceiling, characters that mostly look and play the same, and the fact that it makes SFV seem complex in comparison.

Get good

>censoring
You have to be 18 or older to post here.

obtain experience.

/thread

Did you actually crudely photoshop shit onto this game's cover, thinking you were funny or smart? Because it just shows everyone that you're neither. Which makes sense since you're playing FighterZ.

>complaining about autocombos
don't make it so obvious that you are terrible

Anybody realize how broken cell is,

Were you blawking? Nothing you could do. Ack ack ack.

Here's the thing though, you COULD be doing 48 hit combos, or even longer if you just gave the game a little practice.

Fighting games are going to have exploits, and people are going to use them.

We all have to git gud user.

Oh hai DSP.

I've probably won 20 out of over 80 matches, I'm shit at the game, I watched as I get bodied over and over, and I still love the game as I learn from each match. Stop being a pussy.

git gud loser

Welcome to fighting games. If you can't take it and get angry over little things like that, then stop playing.

Dragon ball fighterz is as complicated as marvel is. And oh look, auto combos are in that game too. A competing game. And oh look, auto combos aren't maximized in that either.

If you want a complicated fighter, play guilty gear and have to deal with all the different sub systems.

This game is for people who like dragon ball, simple as that.

I am

That's irrelevant to what he said. Him comboing his opponent for 20 seconds straight doesn't solve the lack of interactivity. Might as well play a turn based game.

>he fell for the bandai namco $89.99 game

Can you guess how I know you don't play fighting games at a competent level?

A character in a fighting game is broken? No...

At least try.

You know this is a fighting game, so why would you buy it when your bad

You still need to pay attention, they could go for a reset or drop the combo. Also, its not turn based, getting a huge combo is the reward for winning neutral. I still see how it can be annoying though, I kinda wish this game just had the Burst mechanic from GG instead of sparking.

Interactivity? Fighting games probably have the most out of any game. It's a competitive 1 on 1 fight between you and some random dude you've never met. You've gotta learn what characters play like AND find out how the other guy plays them. It's not all about how long you get to press buttons, it's about what you can do to beat the other players strategy, or overcome their oppressive style. All the interactivity comes down to what your choice is as a player.

Also if you're going to tell me that doing a quarter circle button press is less interactive than waiting 20-50 seconds to press one button, you are crazy.

This is why I tell people to git gud, because either you will or you won't. Let's face it user, where you really going to learn how to play this game to the fullest?

hey brainlet. please improve youre shitty reading comprehension

>Interactivity? Fighting games probably have the most out of any game.
the genre is built off of hitstun
you have no idea what you are talking about, any decent RTS is far more interactive than the best fighting game.

Please, enlighten me. What is it that I missed? The interactivity part, or the part about you whining that you can't pull off a 45 hit combo of your own because you want to play casually in a COMPETITIVE game?

DBZfags... Welcome to FGC.

This is a declaration of war against those who are only here because they watch the Dragon Ball animation. Leave now or face death. You will not be capable of handling our mix ups, incoming resets via snapback, thuggery when we destroy you and your morale. You are not worthy as our opponent. Save yourself from the embarrassment, the regret, or be punished for your ignorance.

This thread is a result of my will. We strive to ensure the safety of the fighting game genre.

Person A >405576308 said that he doesn't like games with long combos string. Person B answered that person A could be the one doing those long combos. I, person C , told person B that alternates the roles of who takes the beating between person A and his opponent doesn't change what person A dislike about fighting games with long combos: the flow of the game; it's still a game where one dominate, then the other, etc. Your rant has nothing to do with any of that.

The biggest argument here is "way, I don't wanna be stuck in a 45 hit combo! Shit game!". Well boy do I have something that's gonna blow your mind. You don't have to be in a 45 hit combo any longer. May I introduce to you... blocking.

You can hold back facing your opponent, and they can't put you in a combo. Amazing right?

Woah. You can block in the middle of a combo in DBFZ? What a weird game.

>what are overheads and crossups

go to bed op.

>Needing to put in time in the genre to not be "blown up"
>Good design

Hmmm...

>Other genres where you get blown up are generally due to other players

You have a *semi* point, but

>Those genres don't require you to sit in "practice mode" for 500+ hours before even attempting to play an online match in the attempt to not be blown up so badly but still one-touched-of-death because fighting games can't let you actually fucking block due to hit-stun being bullshit long
>git gud responses because fighting games couldn't keep up with the times
>is super niche because of it
>Sup Forums shitposts about it and FGC retards secretly cry because their genre isn't blowing up as much as they want it to.

Thinking Emoji here.

Things you react to

>every team uses Goku Black and/or Gohan

It's been long dead since sf3 you larping retard. End yourself.

Okay, I'm retarded. I don't understand why a perso that hates long combos would even play a 2d fighter (an anime fighter at that).

I mean if you didn't wanna dominate or get dominated, why are you playing a fighter in the first place, that's MY argument.

I bet you get hit with meatys every single time

youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw

this is you right

you're not as good as you think

Whenever I hear the "500+ hours" post I think about all the people who literally spend that same amount of time leveling up a character just to do the same shit. Don't even get me started on PvP which is what FIGHTING GAMES ARE.

There are no infinite combos.

Don't call them out on the main points or they'll move the goal posts.

Maybe he wasn't expecting it. Maybe he prefers fighting games that prioritize footsies/have short combos/characters that deal more damages/etc.
Hey , can you develop your thought?

Here's the thing though, he doesn't want to be doing or receiving 48 hit combos. Long combos add nothing to the game.
They are only detrimental as they devalue the actual focus of the game which is getting through an opponent's guard when you are on the offensive, successfully defending against their assault and getting the upper hand in the neutral.

cool play sf2 then

This.
Maximized combos are useless if you don't even know how to handle someones pressure or pressure them yourself.

>>Those genres don't require you to sit in "practice mode" for 500+ hours before even attempting to play an online match

You know, you can always find some friends with equal or even higher amount of experience to gradually explore the game together, or getting taught the core mechanics of the game from people who know what they are talking about.

I got thrown into the cold water with Tekken 7 and got completely destroyed when I played with my friends who are all yellow ranked. I played fighting games before obviously, but it was never done outside very casual couch co-op matches during Soul Calibur 3 times. Getting floored constantly is very frustrating, but even if you lose - you bring a tiny bit of experience with you.

Now I can easily compete with them with multiple characters while pulling off insane combos (netted or selfmade) with motions I had trouble before.

It is sad that many people, probably you as well, never will understand this because they never try. Seeing yourself improve is one of the most gratifying feelings ever.

play vsav

him:
>actual argument discussing the validity of a game design decision
you:
>don't buy it then!

Very conductive to a discussion.

>Those genres don't require you to sit in "practice mode" for 500+ hours

Every thread. Like clock work. Despite the fact its not true and is absolutely a testament to people wanting instant gratification people will still parrot this. Yes, you need time to practice and that varies depending on the person and their experience. But, that also applies to trying to play any game competitively. If you are playing a fighting game casually why does it matter to you if you are losing if you still have fun with it? The absolute downfall of people saying this garbage is they want to be competitive but don't want to work for it at all. Those people are usually also shit at any other genre they try to compete in.

>git gud responses because fighting games couldn't keep up with the times
Git gud responses are given to people who strictly want to complain. Placating to casuals does little to nothing for the genre.

>is super niche because of it
Thank god. But, even with how niche it is people flock to watch the best of the best play. Just about 5k people dropped into watch an exhibition between two people playing an almost 2 decade old fighting game.

>Sup Forums shitposts about it and FGC retards secretly cry because their genre isn't blowing up as much as they want it to.
Sup Forums shitposts because that's what people do on Sup Forums. Don't delude yourself into believing the FGC wants people who complain how hard QCF inputs are or hate that they can't win.

>when the post is 4 words long but you still manage to paraphrase it and strawman a completely different meaning
unbelievable literally no other board on this website has posters this insufferable

Anime fighters are known for long combos and pressure. Complaining the combos being too long in a genre that specializes in that is stupidity and believing that will change because you don't like it is just as dumb. You can not like the game play all you want but, the people who bought it enjoy that particular type of fighting game.

How did I misrepresent what you said? You said "buy sf2 then". There is reasons for DBFZ, and anime fighting games in general, to be the way they are, but "play another game" isn't an argument.

Every hit in a long combo is a risk of dropping it and getting punished. By committing to the longer combo the player on offense has put their practice and execution on the line. The extra damage and meter is their reward for putting the time in to practice it.

which character/assists

>Anime fighters are known for long combos
So he can't play/buy a game without knowing all the intricacies of the genre? It's an unrealistic scenario that someone would buy DBFZ because it looks cool and be surprised at how it play?
>believing that will change
Where did he say that?

“I don’t like the way this game is”

“Play this other game thay is suited to your tastes then, as this genre is varied, and the discussion has no point in continuing after you have shared your subjective feelings”

What is there to discuss? There’s no right answer, you enjoy it or you don’t. You can’t argue someone into enjoying an activity. What are you hoping to accomplish by discussing how much a game doesn’t suit your taste? How is that fun?

>42 hit combo
>Dragon Rush deals like 30 hits
>Every level 3 does like 10-30 hits
It's fucking nothing

"I don't like the way this game is"

"NO SHUT UP YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE GAMES I LIKE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY OTHER GAMES LEAVE MY GAME ALONE!!!!!"

literally the logic of a child

You know what a fighting game without long combos looks like? Smash Brothers. And yet people vehemently assert that it is not a fighting game.

>censoring your swearing

PERFECTly balanced
twitter.com/Takanub/status/958935481898684416

found the casual.

have you even seen MvC pro matches

Saying that long combos adds nothing to the game sounds like a desire to change how the game is played. Fundamentally the game is based on longer combos. In all reality the combos in DBF aren't as long as say MvC nor are they nearly as execution heavy.

Did someone say he had to know all the intricacies of the genre? No. But, I did put some semblance of responsibility on the buyer and impart some basic level of knowledge of fighting games as a whole before spending 60 bucks on it. If they happen to be lacking in both and don't like how the game is played then why would they continue to play it competitively? If you play casually with friends or even by yourself long combos are the least of your worries.

Also long combos aren't particularly the most useful thing either. The amount of scaling in DBF is HUGE you would actually be better off doing smaller combos and trying to combo into super more often just starting out. His issue it with the biggest part of the game. Pressure. If you can't get over that you should go try to enjoy another game.

You're not wrong, but I'm not sure why you're mentioning that.
I'm just pointing out that OP's "infinite combo" can easily be Dragon Rush > Level 3, MAYBE an auto-combo or assist thrown in. Op being a fag has nothing to do with the necessity of long combo's in fighting games.

fuck I meant to reply to OP not you how do I Sup Forums

>Trying to figure out if Super Dash is actually as broken as people on here and other Discords are making it out to be.
>Decide that I'm too scrub to decide on my own merits and just watch Top Replays from the replay channel.
>Out of the 10 games I saw from top players 8 of them had both people Super Dashing at all chances instead of micro or even macro moving.
>Neutral just doesn't exist in these matches it just goes straight from one corner to the other with each combo.
>One was two Beerus mains playing volleyball essentially and the other was a Gohan literally ToDing a Nappa within the first 30 seconds and then whipping the floor with the person's other two characters.
>mfw I'm watching all these combos doing roughly 70% of the character's health.
>mfw I think I saw maybe one combo that actually did below 50%.
>mfw in those 8 initial matches a person would be in the corner blocking for literally 20 seconds long due to continued pressure.
>mfw people aren't lying when they said there is no neutral in this game. It's just a rush-down game with rush-down characters the only difference is the assists.

I'm honestly starting to regret ever purchasing this game now that I see how poorly balanced this is. I was expecting this to be a GG 3v3 type of game but instead I got a fucking blockstring simulator.

(you), faggot.
>adult gohan
>skill
>free +on block for an entire fucking block string and assists make it last upwards of 30+ seconds so it is literally 50/50 whether or not you will get hit
you're a fucking retard

And yet that doesn't stop it from being a shitty idea.

Watch ur profanity

just superdash out of it you brainlet

Edgeposting.

It sounds like its only a shitty idea because you don't like it. Some people don't, they tend to play SF.

>You know what a fighting game without long combos looks like?
Street Fighter? Like 90% of combos in SFV are like 3-5 hits. Only on rare exceptions do combos go into the 9 hit mark and only specific characters can do that. Get fucked.

False Dichotomy.

These Marvel like 3vs3 tag games aren't really meant to be balanced or be based around "neutral game", dumby. You should have known this before you bought it. The entire reason people buy these games is to discover broken shit and wreck people for 70% of their life in super long ass cool combos then lock them down with assists and do more bullshit.

Congratulations on basing your opinions on the gameplay of bad retard players. The top ranked players are boosting as is the case for every game with a leaderboard. If someone is being complained about in a fighting game on Sup Forums en masse you are pretty much ensured the opposite is true.

Why are you so aggressive? We're only having a discussion.

>being this passive aggressive
get fucked

>The top ranked players are boosting as is the case for every game with a leaderboard.
wat. Are you fucking retarded? How the fuck would they coordinate boosting to be at the top rank? Like, what the fuck. I don't know about DBFZ but in SFV everyone who is the top rank deserves to be there because there is no fucking way to "boost". You can't set up private lobbies and gain LP, you can only gain LP by connecting to random people. Jesus christ, you are so stupid I shouldn't have even responded to you.

I think you have the wrong idea, user. I'm genuinely curious as to why you've taken such a hostile tone. Did my post offend you on some level?

Are you fucking simple? How are you twisting my clear words into a narrative to make yourself upset at? Find something to do with yourself

You lost like a skilless bitch and you come whining to us? Cry some more or get good.

Whats the middle i'm excluding? That the game is shit? I personally don't think the game is shit and I'm also not particularly a fan of 3v3 anime fighters. Its just not my cup of tea.

You exhaustively trying to say its bad game design regardless of the explanations behind its design makes it seem like you just don't like this particular type of fighter. If i'm wrong go ahead an explain. Personally I've bought other fighting games that I didn't like how they played but, I didn't think the game itself was broken. Is it impossible that you can't just not like the gameplay and it also be true that the game is also decent?

Just play casual matches

It’s a difficult problem to solve. KI addresses this with combo breakers, but the game becomes incredibly taxing to play because you have to have your brain on MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE 100% of the time. I’m not saying that’s bad but there is something to be said for the brief respite of a hard knockdown or a getting caught in a long combo

first of all the game has been out for a fucking week. i'm still getting opponents that literally have zero matches
second the online ranking system doesn't reward playing well. it rewards playing a lot. that dude is playing a numbers game and winning
if you want to see good play look at tournaments, and maybe wait a month

Day 1 you could see the top replays were all people playing against people who weren't fighting back at all. Everyone can tell you're shit considering you make (wrong) assumptions from the worst fighting game to come out in the past 5 years and then apply them to every other game.
>there is no way to boost
Right, that is why toolassisted is so highly ranked. He got that through skill and only connecting to random people...oh wait, he can literally force connect with whoever he wants and streamsnipes people with a bot that cannot be beat.

>I don't know about DBFZ
Then why did you fucking respond in such an aggressive, cocksure manner when you fucking admitted you don't know jack shit?
You've certainly embarrassed yourself with this post.

>second the online ranking system doesn't reward playing well. it rewards playing a lot. that dude is playing a numbers game and winning
This I can not argue with. If you gain a like 50 points per win, eventually you'll just have so many wins from playing so much that it'll be impossible to take you down, which would mean that the top ranked player isn't the best at the game, they just played the most.

BUT, to say that those top players are just "boosting" is so fucking retarded. You still need to fucking win and hopefully DBFZ pairs you against people who are around your same skill level like Street Fighter V does.

That's why I like bursts. But that said it doesnt seem nearly as bad as mvc