ITT: God tier antagonists

ITT: God tier antagonists

pic not related

looks like he takes it in the ass

it's been a long time since i've played Nier but it feels like they were alive for like 5 minutes.

big brother
oxxo

Adam and Eve are for pure platonic brotherly love only.

Pic not related

He was in a game it counts.

Such a boss.

I didn't even recognize what game it was and I still laughed at the OP.

Not counting the VA change and Halo 3 turning him into a retard.

you first

DADDY

9s was better.

>Deadly Queen

I think it's a shame they didn't get more focus. Adam and Eve were kind of underutilized, but I thought they were fun during what screentime they had.

I thought Adam's desperate desire to be more human to the point where he straight up handicaps himself and cuts off his immortality was a great payoff for his character.

Shadowlord still wins it for my favorite Taro antagonist.

I agree. I don't like them as major antagonists, though. They only felt threatening on the first encounter and the last.

Is he really the antagonist?

Yes. Antagonist does not mean 'evil'.

Seconding this.
Shadowlord is way more interesting because you hear about him during the entirety of the game and know what he is capable of.
And the only enemy you face are his minions whom can get really powerful, making you think the Shadowlord has tremendous power.
Heck even the Shadow bosses are better antagonists than Automata’s because you can discover their stories, which can get really sad

And then when you fight the Shadowlord , with that amazing music, and when you realize who he is....goddamn it hits you like a truck.

Automata’s antagonists were interesting but they were just kind of «there». I enjoyed them but not as much as the Shadows and the Shadowlord

they were interesting characters but horrible as antagonists, i cant even remember what they were fighting for.. why were they even fighting the androids? who fucking knows

the best jrpg antagonist i have seen for a while is tales of berseria artorius, sadboys report

Jehovah's Witnesses.

Birds fly according to instinct, no one has told them how or why.

Step aside Mortals, the real king of villains is here.

He needs to make more cameos dammit. Shao Kahn in Fire Emblem.

>why were they even fighting the androids? who fucking knows
Congratulations, you figured out the point of the game. There isn't any real reason, they're fighting each other so they can feel like they have a purpose.

>everything that happens to 9s is about the same that happens to Eve
sweet irony

The "Dependent Weakling", am I right?

Agreed

Yo buddy

Im glad they kept him as a difficult final boss in the reboot none of that pussy catering to casuals shit.

>anime bois without proper story
>god tier

you're damn right, the moment i realised that i knew what was going to happen
even so, i wasn't prepared for all the feels

>antagonist

This

hitler mind

>antagonist

Can you really be an antagonist is you did nothing wrong and people attacked you for no reason?

Don't move, I'll be right back

>Antagonists

But they were the most human of them all

too bad eve's fight was cancer, why did they decide to fill the screen up with eye cancer sandstorm where you cant see shit so many times

A good antagonist is one you spend the story discovering why he was right and you were wrong

literally nothing wrong.

Not even the antagonists

>yfw you realize you were playing as shadowlord in the intro

It wasn't that bad until the moving platforms bullshit where you can't see where he's shooting you from.
It's more of a camera issue than graphics. Hegel is worse.

Who are you emergency calling

Better than playing the game 2bhonest

He was a pretty fun villain, cool aesthetic to boot.

Not an antagonist

The fuck is wrong with you? Jack is an awful villain.

WIGIWIGIWEI WIGIWIGIWEIWEI WIGIWIGIWEIWAYAYAYAY

WIGIWIGIWEI WIGIWIGIWEIWEI WEEIEEIEEIEEI

>Adam and Eve are both male and brothers
>there isn't a sexual angle to this

Why was this done?

Why do they call them Adam and Eve if they're both boys?

Eve's love for his Onii-san is pure! Pure!

He's an antagonist in the first game turned antihero in the later ones.
Rejoice, Wright.

Because Adam and Steve was already taken.

Bob Paige

There is nothing sexual about playing with Nii-chan every day and running away to outer space with him forever.

Maybe I worded my post wrong. I wasn't implying that there WAS a sexual angle, I was saying there WASN'T.

I just want to know the purpose of this.

who and why?

9S is a combination of Adam and Eve, he has traits of both of them but he's even more humanlike than they are.

>the most enigmatic characters pre-release
>bunch of theories on why they look human and watchers connection
>game comes out

>tease obvious connections to previous games with the tatoos and shit
>there isn't any
Was it just part of the keikaku? Was I meant to find no meaning as intended?

If we take into account every KH game + the mobile/mmo ones we have been fightning him for like 500 hours+

But he's just some Vulcan wizard swordmaster

>Halo 3
>bad guy gets changed out of blue from a machiavellian nobleman into an incompetent space-imam
>human marines start getting portrayed more as badass gung-hos instead of easily frightened regular soldiers
>US military slang words thrown around excessively
>US Army starts using Halo 3 in their recruitment marketing
Really makes you think.

I think this is the dumbest and gayest and most retarded character design I've seen this generation. This alone would stop me from playing this crap.

Brother?

Hey everyone, what's going on in this thread.

The real antagonist of Automata was a better villain than those two.

Eve literally is one of the biggest heels of all time in Brave Exvius, worked millions of marks out of their lapis.

They look like a gay rip-off of the No More Heroes twins.

Why must we wear these undergarments, brother?

>Snorts poisoned cocaine

What is it with white-haired brothers in vidya?

Imagine being so legendary that you get bored one day and decide to capture Zeus's daughter and turn her into a fucking dove, and the only things that can stop you are super saiyan werewolves. Is there anyone in viyda that can compete with Neff?

I just finished the game's A ending. It really wasn't long at all as most of the content between their entrance and me killing them was side-quests. They barely have much presence in the game besides being generic JRPG but buddy antagonists who are supposedly behind shit.

k e e p
g o i n g
don't read nier threads boi

Makes them look more royal, or of elevated status and genes

>the Paul Brothers
Really?

This fucker

I love the shit out of yoko taro but these guys were forgettable and practically existed to fill a villain checklist.
It's a shame they were barely fleshed out.

This but unironically.

Is that Danny Devito?

/thread

>overarching antagonist for 8 games
>keeps on winning