youtu.be/x0HI9ZJxuXo?t=876
youtube.com/watch?v=7fmSNNMxmYs
youtu.be/9xotiaPXTpI?t=185
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shoot.

yeah

Hit us

Why didn't Cloud just RAPE Sephiroth?

Because Sephiroth/Jenova had his brain by the balls.

Well for one, they were never alone.

Two, Seph would have kicked his ass

Three, Cloud only beat him in the past because he got off a lucky shot while Seph was distracted by Mommy issues

Why didn't Cloud of just into the JENOVA at the end of the start?

Whats the question?

One does not simply "just" into JENOVA

Jenova is in fact an alien

OP here so I just beat the game and I'm playing it again to get platinum on ps4, I know cloud was never in SOLDIER but was injected with jenova so that's why he has the SOLDIER as pets but playing it again I'm at where you blow up the second reactor and the mayor of fucking shinra comes out and recognises cloud as an ex-member of SOLDIER, if it never happened why would the president know him as one?

Also, the writer of FFX stated in the databook for FFX that the Ancients are actually decendents of people from Spira

Yes, Tifa asked Cloud to fuck off so she and Johnny could fuck on

Cloud has Zack's sword and SOLDIER Mako infused eyes.

The president is someone who doesnt split details, so probably only recognizes the sword (kinda hard to miss), so automatically assumes Cloud = Zack

The President doesn't actually know any of the faceless mooks under his command. He saw the uniform, saw the sword, and saw the glowing green mako eyes and just made an assumption.

Wait a minute..

The experimentation Cloud experienced was reminiscent of SOLDIER mako exposure, Cloud just happened to share that trait, fueling his delusion.

He already did this.

He penetrated Sephiroth by sneaking up behind him, with the buster sword.

Did you even play the game?

>was injected with jenova so that's why he has the SOLDIER as pets

He was a lowly grunt, not 1st Class like he claimed

he was a grunt, maybe 2-3rd class SOLDIER at best, thats how he got involved on mako infusion. not sure if the president really recognized him specifically from that, but yeah, just saiyan.

He got turned away from SOLDIER because he flunked the psychological test.

Thanks, make more since now, but also if he thinks it's zack as the ex-member it wouldn't make much since because he should know that zack is dead so that would make two ex-members

Killing him didn't stop him. He still came back.

But if he had RAPED Sephiroth, it would have solved everything. It's the only way

Cloud never made it into Soldier actually. He was just a standard Shinra grunt

Aspects* auto-correct haha when it posted I was like FUCK

The President isnt in charge of Soldier. Not directly anyways. He knows A Soldier rebelled, but he probably didnt know his name or details

ah fuck this game is too confusing. i remember the scene of cloud in a mako tube but that was later, with the jenova experiments

You vastly overestimate how much the President knows or cares about his mooks.

Fucking christ Gordon calm down.

It should be the reverse. The humans are space travelers and Cetra are indigenous. That's why Sephiroth says Cloud's ancestors appeared. That is, if you want to take the connection seriously, like Dirge of Cerberus and X-2 did.

For some reason a lot of people don't remember the plot that well. The most common mistakes are swapping Aeris and Tifa's personalities (it was Tifa who was the shy, pure wallflower and Aeris who was the spunky, sassy troublemaker) and thinking that you were chasing the real Sephiroth for most of the game (it was actually the bit of Jenova they were keeping in Shinra HQ which broke out on its own and shapeshifted into Sephirth, while the real Sephiroth was a frozen upper torso in the Northern Crater).

He said that after spending a night going through a library that Hojo had specifically prepared for him as a trap, though. The whole thing was set up to provoke Sephiroth into going mad and filled with outright bullshit, like Jenova being a Cetra rather than John Carpenter's The Thing.

I love the red herring that jenova makes you think you're chasing sephirotb for half the game but one thing does confuse me. Where did the masamune which killed president shinra come from?

Jesus fuckn' christ you people and your fanfiction shit

Sephiroth stabbed cloud with his sword, and cloud threw his ass into the mako reactor (by the sword hes being stabbed with) which "preserved" him in the mako stream.

Tifa was shy up until she moved to Midgard, after which she opened up more, but yes, Aerith is more of the spirited wild child than Tifa

Last Order is considered canon user

It was just a piece of Jenova. It was perfectly fine flinging bits of itself at people as a form of attack - where do you think the Jenova bosses came from? It was literally throwing its limbs at you.

I literally never noticed that Sephiroth was missing his lower half what the fuck

Play this it answers a lot.

Tifa is NYC/NJ Italian trash, Aerith is LA Coachella girl. Which is also trash, but way better.

youtu.be/x0HI9ZJxuXo?t=876

I hadn't even realized that was just his upper torso for the longest time... also is that his ribcage exposed from decay as well? Wow

That looked like a Masamune to you? Remember, you’re seeing everything from Cloud’s perspective.

It also means that while in the end Sephiroth killed Aeris, it was actually the Jenova chunk you fight afterwards that did it.

sort of contradicts and well, the source material.

There is essentially no difference between JENOVA and Sephiroth at the time that the Jenova part transforms itself into him. They share consciousness on a pretty deep level.

We're never shown that it's an intentional trap for Sephiroth. Or that this part he read was falsified. It's perfectly logical that humans being from space is common scientific knowledge. Even further the Shinra family are actual descendants from a Spiran Al'Bhed kid so the humans must necessarily be the space faring party instead of the Cetra. Hojo kept all the information in his head only, because he was a crafty jackass, who understood he needed to be indispensable.

OP here, I have a few more plot details I'm confused about:

Why doesn't Cloud just revive Aerith with a Phoenix Down? If Phoenix Downs only revive the unconscious, then how does anyone die in combat if 0 hp does not mean death, as matter how much damage is dealt past 0 hp, the person can still be revived via a Phoenix Down?
Why don't enemies use Phoenix Downs? Or any healing items? They're ridiculously affordable.
How does Cloud carry so many items at once?
If all it takes is ~35 hours to go from level 1 to level 60, how is it that most people in the world aren't super powerful? Even if a person did the slowest, safest form of "leveling up" a few minutes a day they would only take a couple years to get high level. Same goes for materia grinding, how is the price of materia not dirt cheap?
If Cloud is one of the only people who is strong enough to wield a giant Berserk-size sword, why does every shop sell them?
How is it that swords, fists, tridents, and sticks are as powerful as guns?
How do party members travel with Cloud when they disappear inside of him after a bit of dialogue?
What are save points? How does Cloud have the special ability to rewind time and cheat death?

I don't think it works quite like that. The rest of the party sees Sephiroth just like Cloud does. Jenova just basically shapeshifts.

Let's talk about that sword though. It stays in the body of the pres, and is not seen again until real sephiroth shows up. The player knows it's something sephiroth uses from the several flashbacks. We see jenova's handiwork with the Midgarzolom, where she impaled it on a tree. Why would she not just skewer or slice it with the masamune, or another, similar clone? When she throws other body parts behind, her imitation sephiroth doesn't lose any elements, so what's the deal with that sword? Is it still an active jenova cell?

I dont actually remember them showing what happened to Sephiroth after he grabbed Jenova in the cutscene in the original. Only that Cloud stated afterwards he disappeared and Nibelheim burned down over night

>How is it that swords, fists, tridents, and sticks are as powerful as guns

I know you're memeing but I don't understand why this is a common question regarding games. Being impaled by a sword is very likely going to do more damage to you than a bullet.

True, but a lot of people labor under the misconception that Sephiroth was physically in Shinra HQ and rescued the Jenova torso thing, rather than it breaking out on its own.

How is Cloud the only person that can overcome the mind rape after being injected with JEHOVAH'S WITNESS cells?

Are you considering how many shots can be fired from an semiautomatic gun in the span of time it takes to run up to and swing a sword at an enemy?

he smacks the piss out of zach, cloud goes into a tard rage seeing tifa and zach hurt, sephiroth stabs him and monologues, cloud picks him up by the blade end and tosses him below while holding jenova's head

>Phoenix Downs
As you mentioned, people at 0 HP are considered unconscious, not dead. When the whole party reaches 0 hp, its assumed no one can use PD's at that point and the enemies just finish you off.
>Item amount
JRPG magic user
>Leveling
More jrpg magic user
>CLoud/Buster Sword
I alwayss assumed the shops = Blacksmiths and the swords are special order.
>Weapon damage versus guns
JRPG Magic user. In fact, lets assume the rest of the points are also jrpg magic

That reactor part was officially declared a faulty Turk report and the original VII took precedence, where Last Order or Before Crisis contradicted it.

Then again nowadays Crisis Core exists with an even more awful version, and they've said nothing about that, so who knows what it is now.

previous exposure to pure mako already fucked his mind up.

Oh but it does. Not once do they say or do anything to support the idea that they’re seeing Sephiroth as well.

Because he was only capable of resisting after he took a swim in the lifestream and recovered from being a wheelchair-bound vegetable.

He didnt at first. He only overcame because the Power of Friendship™

No, when a bullet penetrates it does harm in many different ways. It cuts through flesh, it pierces and shatters bone, and the impact damages tissue around the entry point from the speed and force. Also, the internal damage can dramatically increase bases on the bullet itself. Basically one bullet does all types of standard rpg damage at once

You get more detail of the flashback when Tifa is in Cloud's head after he turns retarded from Mako poisoning.

I used to think of FFVII incessantly as a child. Like, every day from age 9-14. Thought Sephiroth was the coolest. Early FFVII though had really weird feeling and atmosphere, and it took me fucking forever to complete it. It was like the saga of my youth.

He obviously resists more than everyone else even before his lifestream bath.

Objectively false. I mean, it'd be an awesome twist, but that's not what happened.

FF7 Remake will probably clarify better

>not naming her Scabbard

It depends a lot on the round. Most basic rounds will indeed be less lethal than even something like an arrow. You're just way more likely to bleed out

Except when directly in the presence of the Jenova Core (aka Sephiroth) and even before then, he shows signs of the mind control (various flashes of his outer body self, like in the Bath Massage scene)

Also you had the Professor Gast interviews with Aeris's biological mom, where she explains how Jenova shapeshifted in order to socially engineer its prey.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fmSNNMxmYs

Way later they show what really happened, the original verstion of the story was a flawed one that didn't have all the facts right.

If you’re trying to say it’s objectively false because of your pic, then you’re incorrect. Remember, they were chasing after Sephiroth because Cloud told them that he was alive. Cloud is also an unreliable source given his condition.

Which is still different than the black hood dudes that can't even coherently respond.

Separate continuity, so no.

>Separate continuity
Explain

Holy shit this kind of explains another complaint about Tifa that I hear, people do she should have known and said something about Cloud never having been in soldier or at Nibelheim but she obviously questioned her own sanity when she saw his Mako eyes and the sword

>As you mentioned, people at 0 HP are considered unconscious, not dead. When the whole party reaches 0 hp, its assumed no one can use PD's at that point and the enemies just finish you off.
You do not understand what I meant. If let's say Cloud has 300 max health and he takes 300 damage, he has 0 hp and is "unconscious". Okay. But if he has 300 health and takes 9999 damage, he isn't obliterated, he's no more injured than if he took only 300 damage. So how is it that Sephiroth was able to kill Aerith if no matter how much damage is dealt, a target can still be revived?
>I alwayss assumed the shops = Blacksmiths and the swords are special order.
Special order as in Cloud is commissioning their creation or is ordering them by mail? It would take too long. If you mean there just happens to be some swords of his type lying around, then how is it shops stock 99 of them?
As for the rest, I don't understand how people say the game has a good story if that's the best explanation available.

Crisis Core kept the reactor scene pretty close to the original. Cloud gets the drop on Sephiroth, Sephiroth stabs back, Cloud dunks him in the drink, the end.

youtu.be/9xotiaPXTpI?t=185

Nomura said it doesn't have a connection to the Compilation (the existence of which is the only reason there's even anything unclear about the events).

Then how about this line, said directly after the party defeats Sephiroth on the boat?

Because gameplay doesn't equate to what happens in cutscenes. Damage numbers don't exist for real people, user.

>all the Sephirot fags
>implying next Raid tier won't be Golbez into zeromus

Yeah, but (somewhat) fixing all those wasn't worth Genesis being there and Zack not getting molly whopped in seconds.

So what, FF7:Remake is literally fanfiction tier?

So how did Cloud became Zack in the first place again? I reading stuff from Crisis Core that's not quite how I remembered it.

Which is why I prefer the Last Order take on it, which still gets close to the original. Only difference is Seph An Hero's himself

The other way around. Compilation is fanfiction tier.

Zack died protecting him after rescuing him from Hojo's lab and Cloud's mentally unstable and in denial.

Also, sephiroth does have it in the temple of the ancients. He attacks tseng with it. What's up with that?

Cloud's brain was addled from the Mako/Jenova infusing, plus blood loss. Mix in literal ptsd of watching his whole town, family and friends get slaughtered, and Zack getting killed in front of him, and he created a whole persona to fix his fucked up mind

So you're saying the story is tacked on?

Less created and more stole

So we have agreed from the start then. With the (possible) exception of me taking the Turk report excuse to mean that Cloud threw Sephiroth over the rails, didn't talk to Tifa and didn't have Mako eyes yet, but the rest LO and BC offered were pretty good stuff for the most part.