Persona 4 Golden > Persona 5 > Persona 3 Portable> Persona 3 Fes

Persona 4 Golden > Persona 5 > Persona 3 Portable> Persona 3 Fes

P4G > P3FES> P5 > P3P
Nocturne is better than every single Persona though

Only played 5 and i liked it. Whats the next game i should play?

get a vita TV and play Golden

SMT4 > Digital Devil Saga > Nocturne > Persona 2 > shit > Persona 4 Golden > Persona 3 FES >

Xenogears is better than all these games though.

Well 5's gameplay already ruined 3 for you. It was already bad to try to play 3 after 4, but man you going to fucking hate it. just play 4.

keep in mind 5 is the most polished gameplay wise but Persona 4 golden is still fantastic and 3 is good to. if you want to get into the main Shin megami tensei series start with 4.

Gameplay:
P5 > P4G > P3P > P4 > P3 FES

Overall:
P3 FES > P5 > P3P > P4G > P4

This is some garbage taste.

>Nocturne

Endless maze of monotonous bland hallways full of tedious random encounters, nothing but a chore on the path to another one thousand monotonous hallways full of tedious random encounters.

The combat is good enough, but, any great JRPG relied on a story element to balance it, and Nocturne (and most SMT games in general) lean too heavy on the dungeon crawling and far too light on the story.

This is why Persona 4 and 5 were hugely popular, while SMT will never receive the same widespread praise.

Sorry dude, it wasn't even good

I'd like to try SMT 4 but I don't feel like buying a 3DS just for it,is it any good?

How do you rank the games compared to each other?

meant to quote

5 > 3 > 4 in terms of music

That's a pretty good ranking

P3FES = P5 > P4G > P3P

5 has literally the worst music

P3P is better than FES in every way besides presentation though. Also Persona 3 has the worst gameplay, social links, pacing and story. It might have the best ost though.

Really? Persona does everything in its power to stop you from playing it. That's why I still haven't completed 3. I just want to fuse demons and crawl in dungeons, man! Why are you shoving piles of generic high school garbage on me? SMT gives just enough plot to provide context to all the action without having to sit through walls of animu clichés.

i started playing 4 was my first persona and i really really liked the whole setting, music, the atmosphere and characters but i fucking hated the grinding and took it too seriously so it almost felt work.
now i got a ps4 and p5 seems really polished and improved in gameplay and i really like the art direction but afraid i will miss the 4 crew as i stopped at the sauna guy

what should i do? force myself through the grind or read the story, watch the anime or what?

It has the best social links, if only for the fact that a character's progress was reflected in the story. 4 made the huge mistake of making them separate, so any growth a character has is never shown off. And sure, pacing was fucking bonkers, but the story was way more interesting than P4's and P5's.

It'd be more accurate to say that Junpei is a good character instead of saying P3 had good character development.

/thread

Nocturne doesn't even have plot.

2 then 3

4 is fucking garbage so ignore it

>playing persona for the ((gameplay))
Lol

3 > 5 > 4

P4G > P4 > P3P > P5 > P3FES