Anybody still playing Faster Than Light?

Anybody still playing Faster Than Light?

I just beat it a second time on normal difficulty.

Other urls found in this thread:

ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ship
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please respond

It's a boring game

Was playing earlier on hard and lost on the 7th sector on Slug B but I couldn't get anything except the starting missle and healing bomb

When you have things under control it generally is pretty boring. When you're in a crisis situation, or you're playing with a potentially creative set up (like hacking + boarding) it can be very fun. Advanced Edition is much more fun than the basic version by the way.

It's definitely addicting though, at least imo.

Were you trying to unlock Slug C? Either way that sucks.

I was playing the Engi A and had a similar problem, although in the seventh sector I got both a Ion Bomb and a Burst Laser Mk 1. For whatever reason when I play Engi ships I never seem to find weapons in shops, but I see way more drone parts.

I haven't unlocked Slug C but I'm sure if I bumped it down to easy I could get it no prob

That's what I did.
It was worth it, Slug C is one of my favorite ships. Better luck next time man.

It was my first time on Hard so I'd say I did pretty decent

Yeah every few weeks, usually when stuck at the airport for a few hours, it's not like my laptop plays much more.

I also play it because it runs on my toaster. It's really well optimized.

I finally finished it on Easy with the Kessel ship after like 18 hours. I kept being fucked over by RNG. I beat it a 2nd time with the Red Tail (B). I also unlocked a Rock ship (terrible, never enough missiles, achievements for B requires insane shit) and the Zoltan or Engi ship... The Torus or whatever. Got both A and B.

I have no idea how you get the other ships. I occasionally play it and hope I get lucky. Is there anything you'd suggest? I dunno how to do the Rock ship because you need to kill a ship whilst they have a defence drone up purely with missiles. You have to teleport into a room where somebody is on fire and kill them. I forget the other one but it's probably bullshit as well.

I'm playing it. Comfy ass game desu.

>Is there anything you'd suggest?
Cloaking is the best system in the game. Buy it if you can and turn it on right after the enemy ship's most powerful weapons fire (missiles, concentrated barrages capable of getting past shields, etc.). Don't neglect engine power, dodge chance is important. Don't dump points into reactor power, allocate power as needed. You're being wasteful if your medbay is always powered up.

Don't always get the biggest, strongest weapons, try to get weapons that are relatively energy efficient, relatively shield penetrating or damaging, and weaponse with cool downs that match the rest of your weapons. If you run into an Ion Pulse, power down your shields before the pulse comes. That way, your shields won't go down but a few random systems will. RNG can still fuck you here but it may not. Also, because your enemy will certainly have their shields stripped by RNG, launch all of your weapons right before the Pulse so their shields are bypassed.

Dual Lasers, Burst Laser Mk 2, Flak Weapons (esp Mk 1), and Dual Lasers are all very good weapons. Learning which events are and are not worth doing takes sweat and tears.

Pause a lot. FTL is all about micro management. It may seem pretty random, but some guys are skilled enough at it to win on hard roughly 90% of the time.

yeah
Kinda shallow game, I wished they released a content pack or started working on a sequel with built-in shipbuilding.
Game could really stand to benefit from Steam workshop infrastructure.

Oh I can complete it when I got the items I wanted, which were Burst Lasers. Those things just didn't appear or drop. As for Flak, that's Advanced Content, isn't it? I turned that off until I finished it off on easy, should I turn it on now?

As for the suggest, I kinda meant specifically for getting the new ships. I was told quests give them out and there's a rare chance for a secret sector or some shit? I just didn't know how to get the Federation, Engi (or is it Zoltan? I forget), Mantis and Slug ships.

They're working on a mecha game now, so, doubtful. Though a small update did apply a few days ago iirc.

Advanced Edition is more complicated, a bit more hard, and a bit more fun. I recommend switching to it.

One more tip, fight as much as possible. Go to red zones as much as you can. The more you fight the more scrap you earn.

As for unlocking ships, check out ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ship

Actually reading your earlier post it was really obvious that you were asking about how to unlock ships. Sorry I'm tired.

Did you lads know that beams that have power ratings above 1 can penetrate shields, a layer for each power lever above 1?

Yeah I fight as much as my fuel (and jump lanes) allow. Thanks for the link.

It's cool. I've actually not slept for going on 60 hours now. Yay for pain.

Mhmm
That's why it's better to start in the shield room with weapons like the Halberd or Glaive beam

Yes

Still playing and not stopping ever probably

Favorite Ship
Favorite Weapon
Favorite Race

>zoltan B
>beams are cool with ion idk man i hate missiles tho
>who cares

Missiles would be great if they didn't cost so much, miss so much and take so long to charge. x2 Ion + Anti-Ship Beam Drone and your own beam is funs.