ZODIAC AGE

What the FUCK is "New game Minus"?

characters are locked at lvl 1.

It's like NEW GAME but without the NEW GAME+

Why is it so expensive?

Did they remove the two pointless characters that have no purpose in the plot?

Because squeenix knows people will buy it whatever the pricetag is.

So which music option are you guys using? I heard that OST was just direct rips from the CD OST so it's pretty much the same with less compression.

Wasn't the PS4 version $50 at launch? That's the current digital price on PSN for it.

Why would you buy one of the worst FF games?

Just starting it myself, and new game- isnt locked behind beating trial mode it seems.
but strangely, i can start my first playthrough as NG+

Did they add two new non-human character (moogle and bangaa)?

This is the last good ff

How long does it take for Denuvo to get cracked?

I'm not paying full price, already bought on consoles

No, it's the first awful FF game

Just play it on an emulator?

They remove content from the released base game and re-sell to you as dlc.

It uses the 4.8 version.
The only cracked 4.8 games so far are Star Ocean/Sonic Forces.
But since it's FF, it will be done quickly.

just wait until they remove denuvo because the game flopped

More like the BORING age
The more and more I get into Final Fantasy games the more I'm surprised how this franchise lasted for so fucking long

You start a new game but you know the ending already.

Its $30 on GOG

But that's viii

so any chance theyll remove denuvo after a certain point?

It's not on GOG, what are you smoking?

Atleast VIII had a fun minigame

Honestly, this is the first time you shouldn't

The original IZJE desperately needed the ability to multiclass, which The Zodiac Age adds in

Up until now just emulating the zodiac job edition with an english patch was the best way to play, but now The Zodiac Age is pretty much the standard

FFXV>FFXII>FFIX>FFIV(ds)>FF7>FFX>FFV(advance)
Rest aren't worth playing for different reasons. FFVI has way too much reading

he must've meant GMG green man gaming

game has denuvo, square isn't putting it on gog

>implying 12 and 15 are worth anyones time

Time for having taste.

>12 in god tier
Shit taste confirmed

Oh look, the generic shit taste starter pack.

Why do you dislike X?
And what do you see in FF I and III?
Otherwise good taste

I meant GMG, my bad.

It's the game but without the gameplay. So in other words, the normal mode.

FF is about spectacle. FFXV (especially with the windows release soon) and FFXII you get the best graphics, open world, real time battle, and best music quality (the production of the recording not composition). They have alright stories with highs and lows, it's enough to get the job done.

>FFXV
>Ahead of anything but FFII

Put down the joint and stop taking shrooms.

>denuvo
A pirate it is.

FF is about being a good game. Everything past 12 (including 12) are bad games

Shit taste, you mean. Fixed it.

This.

The harder you try to make me pay for it, the harder I will try to find a way to not pay for it

I'll agree that it's the death of FF, and that it left me extremely disappointed to the point of feeling empty after years of waiting, but it's still a great game on its own merits. I just wish that they'd created a new IP for it and saved the title of "FFXII" for a game that had a charming cast with good party dynamics, didn't play like a single player MMO, and had a proper world map.

>They'd lose money.

Up front, sure. However, XII was definitely the start of people beginning to lose faith in the brand.

This thread reeks of reddit

Don't see it for 30, only 39.99. Is there a coupon or something?

Fuck, accidentally left FF7 in god. Put it in mid tier with 1 and 3.

No, Basch is still there.

>two
Don't you mean every?

>someone here actually still has good taste
I guess this place isn't literally the worst

Yet

>final fantasy 5 in god tier
You are my friend

>X that low

Is this "I'm new but is there any dick around here: pack ?"

>If it's new it's bad
Also humor me how is VIII better than XII and XV?

8 is still fun to play, unlike 12 and 15

12 has the most worldbuilding of any FF game, going heavy on explaining the different cultures, economic systems, myths and legends, purposes of the creatures in the world, etc, and it has the most content as far as sidequests go. (and the sidequests are actually more than just fetch quests). 12 is absolutely worth people's time

PAYDAY

Yes
"JUSTFORYOU"

>Game balance is completely broken
>*smokes weed*dude what is squall is actually dead
>Orphanage

is it cracked yet?

I also want to say that if they'd decided that new direction = new IP (even if it's just a sub-IP, like FFT), they might have multiple universally beloved franchises with each having their own great direction instead of one franchise who's direction bounces around like it's in a pinball machine and who never seems to please.

I think that FFXIV is the only numbered FF title released within the last decade where I see more fans than detractors, and rightfully so. However, consider what it means that people have stopped saying "this isn't FF". The title has come to mean nothing more than "chocobos, moogles, made by Square Enix, has Final Fantasy in the title". It's practically a non-franchise at this point, and the Final Fantasy that we used to talk about in the early 2000s is dead.

>The title has come to mean nothing more than "chocobos, moogles, made by Square Enix, has Final Fantasy in the title".
That's how its always been though

is there any reason why it hasnt been crack yet? its even out on gmg

It uses Denuvo, which makes it slightly harder to crack

bingo

Hunts are fun

>PAYDAY

No thanks, don't want to play that game.

To this day I can't fathom people that don't think FF10 is one of the best in the franchise.

I made fran a redmage/bushi and I wanna make balthier a shikari/redmage but am scared that having 2 redmages will just screw one or the other over when setting summons for one another.

That's the coupon code user

It's too bad basically every version sucks for V and VI. They really fucked up those Android remakes and FF7R isn't going to be finished any time soon so god knows if we'll ever get a good version

>death of FF

No, 11 was. Online shit killed it and many other franchises.

Figure it out. Or wait for a save editor, in case it does.

XII's beastiary has a detailed beastiary telling how the enemies function through descriptions and sometimes describe their weakness. If you kill enough of one enemy, you get back story on the world and its inhabitants when viewing that enemy now.

Litterally the dark souls of beastiaries

Killing multiple of the same enemy also often unlocks more information on them

All of that ruined by being a bad game

I'm currently playing this.

Why we hated this title again?

Yes Vaan is a fucking idiot but everything else is amazing.

>Gay ass love story
>HAHAHAHAHA
>HD version is shit
>Hallway simulator
>Penance is a shitty boss compared to a lot of the other secret bosses
Battles are great but outside of that it's crap

Come on, user. You can't seriously be trying to argue that the jumps between IV through IX (can't speak for before then) were as dramatic as the jumps that came after. They were all character-driven camping trips (without neglecting the plot) with a lot of similarities in terms of towns, dungeons, how you progressed your party's capabilities, what combat looked like, etc. They didn't just put a new skin on their old titles, but there was a distinct franchise there.

I'd say that X still managed to capture the overall feel despite the disappointing lack of a world map, but by XII, we were basically out of Final Fantasy territory.

I usually forget about it since I've never played it. If you were to say that it should have been called "Final Fantasy Online" and that FFXIV should have been called "Final Fantasy Eorzea" or something, I'd agree, though.

Not really. Combat is infinitely better than the usual FF combat crap, no matter how much you miss brainlessy spamming x on a menu.

star ocean was finally cracked?

The game was ahead of its time and haters are stuck in the past

t. 17 year old

>Beastiary

More like Bestiary

>Lo, the mighty cockatrice, proud feathered sphere, known as much for its ill humour as its dire rotundity.

Yes.
Check fitgirl

>x

CROSS

What about you talking, it's totally free.

6 to 7 was quite a jump
8 to 9 while not as dramatic is notable
9 to 10 is big
10 to 12 is huge
12 to 13 too

FORK

The translators had fun, being a game translator seems like a really chill job

When you can just rewrite whatever you want and your audience praises you for it, of course it is.

There is no jump in XII, at least not in the sense you are implying. It was its own thing with no actual predecessor and with no successor inside the series. While you can easily track from which common mindsets and fads the other titles come from and what concesequence for the series they had.

Great story though. Excellent cast. One of the most well constructed FF games with tons of content both main and post game.

And HAHAHA is a meme. Its a perfectly done scene.

Nothing wrong with being linear for most of the game either. It makes the narrative tighter and the locales are gorgeous.

>first game has almost no story and no characters and is traditionally turned based
>games start having story and characters and are of a traditional fantasy setting
>games wind up getting ATB and start adding scifi elements
>VII goes full futuristic scifi
>VIII follows this
>X is a weird hybrid and is the first to have voice acting
>XI is an MMO
>XII is has MMO-style gameplay
>XV is an ARPG that mimics real-life to a large degree
>spinoffs from Chocobo Racing and Tactics to Crystal Chronicles and Type-0 exist
XII holds onto stuff that can be found in Tactics and Tactics Advance

That the modern franchise bounces around in terms direction to the point of being unrecognizable between titles is exactly my point, but you're kinda wrong here.

>FFXII was too big and too much of a pain to traverse!
>Okay, the game is now one long fucking corridor.
>We want a return to more traditional FF-style combat!
>Did I forget to mentioned that the corridor is also one long tutorial?
>The characters weren't developed in XII! We want more character interaction!
>Monkey's paw: Here are some of the most obnoxious characters and poorly written drama that you've ever encountered in the genre.

It's like they listened to complaints and responded in the most incompetent way possible.

>VII goes full futuristic scifi

-character-driven camping trip with a lot of similarities to previous titles in terms of towns, dungeons, how you progressed your party's capabilities, what combat looked like, etc.

It didn't do away with the world map and have the direction of a single player MMO. It was still recognizable as belonging to the same franchise.

I mean it's in the top half for sure but I wouldn't put it in my top 5. Maybe I'll give it a go on PC I heard about a 60fps patch

>Posting my joke list as though it were real
C'mon

>GoG
>paying to pirate

The starting point was "what caused the death of the series", it can't cause any death if its own thing that didn't start any harmful trend inside it, the game itself is related to xenoblade chronicle X if anything.
Trying to say that XIII was shit because of some reverse psychology influence from XII is just mental gymnastic.

Based although I am triggered by your shitty logo of FF1-3

So did the 60fps break any noteworthy mechanics?

No map, awful characters, voice acting, shit story, corridors, no exploration, football, unmemorable OST

Only thing it had was a good combat system.

>gmg doesnt accept card from my country
Thanks for keeping me from wasting my money

No issues at al, unlike the kingdom hearts release on ps4.

Some reports of the game running twice as fast, if that happens just run the game in borderless mode. I have been in fullscreen mode the whole time though and have found no issue. Except maybe when openin urns, the animation seems a tad too fast there.