Having fun, getting things done

Having fun, getting things done

>just one person on the enemy team changed to engineer

Now I'm literally worthless

It's called TEAM Fortress 2, dumbass
Inform your team there's a sentry and help them destroy it
If that's too hard for you, switch to Soldier or Demoman and destroy it yourself you fucking pansy

>switch to direct shit soldier
>two shot every one of engie's builds
>two shot engie
It's really not too hard, especially if you have a competent medic

On the bright side you did your job well enough to piss someone off into going Engy.

>just change to a different class
>just hope the other engie is a 2fort immigrant mouthbreathing retard
Neither makes playing scout fun

being called TEAM fortress doesn't change the playerbase being 9-year olds faggot

>not using Bonk! to run pass the nest

You might be right about how my post is invalid but the other guy's idea doesn't tread on your fun in the game unless you really dislike the team part

See
>Inform your team there's a sentry and help them destroy it
And if you're a good Scout, you might even possess the ability to destroy the nest yourself

>play Tf2 after a while
>6 million Pyros
>Soldier still the uncontested best and easiest class in the entire game
>spawncamping as rampant as ever

Scout in pubs is torture
I have to get sweaty as fuck and land 99% of my shots to accomplish the same shit I do on soldier half asleep
Does valve just fucking hate scout or something? Why do they keep buffing pyro and engie over and over.

>he can't deal with sentries as a scout
laughing whores.jpg

>he only has fun playing scout

>being that guy
There is no "team" in pub

Oh no, not the most worthless, easiest to kill class, I literally can't do anything against them

That's because you don't try
Absolute bare minimum you need to do is spam the "Sentry ahead" voice command and someone will get the point
Works 90% of the time

>scout denied his easymode fun

Stop getting mad at minisentries

>"guys we need a medic"
>dude doesn't have any intention to play medic

Ah yes, they totally destroyed that sentry because you pressed x-3, not because they would have blown it up anyway
And when the sentry goes down, the point is immediately captured, and there is a sentry at the next one already

Try playing scout in highlander, you are 24/7 a cart-bitch and spychecker

If I wanted easy mode fun I'd go soldier, or better yet, try the aimbot class

>scout
>easymode
a class that is inherently worse at higher player counts
on valve maps that have chokepoints fucking EVERYWHERE
where the two classes that counter momement are ALWAYS PLAYED
while medics are nowhere to be found as the class that benefits from him the most
with random spread making his damage a fucking dice roll
and random crits making soldiers and demos far more dangerous than they should be

yeah scout is "easy mode"

>Playing Highlander
>But not playing with people you know
>but not playing with people where they already know what the commands mean
Your loss.

do you know what a counter is?

>they would have blown it up anyway
So then why are you complaining about the sentry, retard?

Bonk is kill

>Switch to a class you haven't played as in a while
>Do really good with him

>hitscan
>fastest base speed
>60 dmg at medium range almost every half second
>free mobility without health cost
>bonus hitscan finisher weapon
>overheal lasts longer
>medic moves at your speed while they heal you
>can enter and exit any fight without any challenge
literally just git gud you're already being given all of the tools and more

>expecting the 10000hour veteran to go medic to stand behind some moathbreathing kid that just installed

>Only way to deal with sentries is by peeking around the corner or playing casual ez-mode characters like soldier and demo

It only takes one brief moment of occupation by the engineer for a dierekt hit solly to wipe his buildings out. DH 2shots any building from any range.

>random lobby tards are good enough to stop a scout
>but if you play pugs with better players then you can play good!

Scout in highlander is the girlfriend spot

Literally what happens when I play demo knight. I switch to it for the memes, cap every point using it then going back to shit again the next match with it.

Same with Spy, Sniper, Funslinger engie and Direct Hit soldier with Battalions Backup

>you cant breath with your mouth
next time you faggots are gonna bitch about people eating with their hands or listening with ears?

>he hasn't ever experienced the thrill of peekshotting the sentry with his scattergun and destroying it, then annihilating the confused engineer and capturing the point/grabbing the intelligence

>I only play against retards

>Join casual match
>9/10 times our team is getting steamrolled
>Faggots drop out and steamrolled harder
>1/10 times you join the steamrolling team
>Feels like a hollow victory
What do?

>leading predictable slow ass projectiles is easier than point and click

It's the nature of the class. At that point, I switch to Demo or wait for the other team to try to push and kill their medic. You can't do everything. It is a team based game. I prefer when there's no engies/snipers so you can just fight fair and square but they exist.

>I don't know how to play the game

>playing TF2
>suffering
>not playing the best mode
>suffering squared
6v6 is a gift

>inb4 "fuck off esports"
>inb4 "lol compfags"
Lobbies are the fun version of pubs.

>switch to demo knight on a whim sometimes
>land every single charge>swing for full crit
>with the katana so never fucking die
>holy shit, I'm pretty good at this
>try again on another day
>miss every single charge and only do minicrit or normal damage
Suffering.

>miss scatter
>0 damage
>miss rocket
>80 splash damage

there are too many pyros all the time

I know it is rare at this point but try and find a community server that you enjoy. One that suits your particular outlook on a match.

>ez
>meme face
>oof
why is the community cancer?

ITT: Crybabies complain a counter for their class exists in the game and that they can't just pubstomp everything with ease

>crit-a-cola scatter scunt

TF2 has this problem where every idiot wants to play the assassin classes instead of the actually helpful assault or support classes

Why go Medic when your team is almost entirely braindead snipers and spies?

He's right.

>Miss hitscan and you deal grazing damage at most
>Aim at someone's feet with explosives and you still deal about half a weak class health

Remove him

>haven't cared about TF2 since 2012

>it's a team based game, you can't do everything alone

>go soldier
>do everything alone

>community servers
It's dead Jim

>counters
Scout vs Engineer is the only counter in the entire game that's automatic
If a heavy jumps around and the sniper can't hit him, then that's that. Same with spy vs engie
But the engie can just press 4-1 and make an entire no-go zone for scouts, until he begs some alpha chad soldier or demo to help him out

That's true though. Minis were nerfed hard and now they're in a good sidegrade spot.

It just always has been, I don't know why

>Tfw you filter every dumb frogposting image you see pop up because they never make a post worth reading

(you)

thats soldier, you cant shitpost like that about demoman
>but stickies
the slow ass arm time gives you no excuses, you just suck

Unfortunately Valve listens more to whiny Scout and Soldier mains when they try to balance things out

I've been complaining about the Soldier class since 2009. Valve just keeps making it stronger. I could not believe when they gave him that melee that let him move faster with less HP. They're never going to properly balance it.

>eating with their hands
??????

>ask discord friend to pocketmedic you
>everyone on your server want to help out
>every enemy jumps in front of you so they can be in the next video

Youtubers shouldn't have opinions

All you Pybros out there, although I might not always say it, you are the best. As for you pyros that I know have the homewrecker equipped and kill spies but not go back to the red tape recorder that is still on my sentry and teleporter, fuck you.

TF2 will never be a competitive e-sport

but it'll keep trying to be and ruin itself.

Soldier is the only good class

You want to nerf him so he can be just as worthless as everyone else?

>pybros
Fuck off cancer enabler

I can tolerate every unlockable and every hard counter, but one thing in TF2 that will never stop pissing me off is sniper. The mere existence of that class drives me insane. For some reason, people thought that this game where everyone gets bonuses in close combat and extreme penalties at a distance needs mister unlimited range hitscan only countered by himself. And it's even more infuriating when one of those supposedly long range cunts pulls a lucky 150 damage quickscope at close quarters. Don't fucking pretend it's anything but luck.

>hitscan
splash gets much stronger the higher the playercount. 1 rocket hitting 4 people > 1 meatshot
higher base health becomes more important because it's not possible to dodge all the spam in pubs entirely
>fastest base speed
meaningless when sentries deny him from flanking
>60 dmg at medium range almost every half second
requires a massive amount of skill to do consistently while pyros can flail around and do the same thing
random spread also has a good chance of fucking you too even if you have aimbot level of accuracy
>free mobility without health cost
again meaningless if you can't flank
>bonus hitscan finisher weapon
are you seriously trying to argue the pistol is a strong weapon right now?
>medic moves at your speed while they heal you
too bad medics don't exist in pubs
>can enter and exit any fight without any challenge
yeah dude just keep running away from that sentry over and over, maybe it'll spontaneously explode

>literally just git gud
oh fuck off, I can hold my own against plat and invite players but as soon as fucking pablo.hernandez2005 builds a level 3 in a corner I have to go soldier for the millionth time because it's totally fair for this to be the only matchup in the game that is impossible to win with skill.

It was never meant to be one.

>One of the best classes in the game has a soft counter
You know that most classes can't deal with sentries alone
It's called TEAM fortress 2, get a medic demo combo or ask a spy for help

>reddit projecting its hate on itself

How ironic.

Pybros and Fungineers are on the same level as sandwich heavies

>wow thanks for doing 90% of my job, but you didn't do the extra 10% too, so fuck you
Get good you worthless idiot, maybe then spies will stop backstabbing you

Please stop attaching our symbols to facebook frog.

Hey, hey, hey. There is always a time when you have a slip in judgement and let your guard down foolishly. You cannot say that you have perfectly protected yourself from spies every single time. It's nice when there is at least someone there to help with that lapse in judgement.

You are still right, I'm a fucking scrub though. I can admit to that.

The only Jungle Inferno balance change that upsets me is them nerfing Bonk.

I really enjoyed being a dodge tank for my allies and using it to get to the enemy backline, but now the slow gets me out of combat for so long and when I use it to get to the backline I'm a sitting duck. It's fucked.

Only respectable demoman is a demoknight, and you know it

I see they reversed the bison change, is it OK to use again?

It's pretty insane how general soldier is, it really has only gotten worse over time

>Access to explosive projectiles
>Access to hitscan
>Access to on-demand crit boosts
>Access to speed boosts
>Access to health leech
>Access to passive health regen
>Access to crit-immunity
>Access to a higher health pool
>Access to damage reduction
>All of this on top of the 2nd highest stock health pool and braindead high mobility

That's the exact opposite of what's correct

Yeah, it's great. I've always really enjoyed using the Righteous Bison and it is good again. It's such a fun weapon.

>demoknight
>respectable
stop playing dustbowl/2fort all day and you'll stop getting shit on by demos

Pepe originated from here first. You'd know that if you weren't an underaged newFAG

Stock or gunboats are balanced
He only gets retarded when you bring in unlocks. Yes escape plan included.

The class isn't fun to play against unless you're sniper. It adds nothing to the game. It should never have been included. I prefer games with no snipers.

But every aspect of his either comes with a downside or simply isn't the best at what it does. His mobility isn't free and unlimited like scout's, his raw damage output has nothing on demo etc.
I agree that he sits too firmly in the "no counters" spot, but I wouldn't call him OP.

They kinda were obligated to put it in due to Quake Team Fortress/Team Fortress Classic. Although saying that, Team Fortress Classic's movement options for all the classes were a good counter to Snipers back in the day. That and every one of them had what is now the classic.

I don't understand why valve dumpsters amby because "spy should have that much range" but on the other hand sniper being able to blow people away at point blank is fine?
Headshots should have reduced damage that close and while they're at it nerf his ammo count and reload speed. Missing isn't penalized enough.

This, but also engineers

>A quickscope at ANY range will kill a light class in a game where most classes only use shotguns or slow projectiles
>Class is so shallow that a simple program that puts your crosshairs over an enemy's head puts you to the very top of the skill ceiling
>this is somehow okay

>nearly done with doing all contract bonuses in the past 3 or so days. 91/108 now and i was like 50/108 before.
phew, i really shouldnt have pushed it so close. the shotgun and flare gun contracts are a bitch though, hoping i can find an empty server and a stranger to cheese those

I'll never not be mad about Amby. I didn't use it often, but just watching people plong me for like 80 health tops now is depressing. If they can land a midrange headshot, they deserve the full 102. It's fucking retarded it having falloff and a hard headshot range cap. They only nerfed it because of a youtube engie main complaining that he was getting killed by amby when he could just suck off his fag sentry with the rescue ranger and an ass buddy pyro. Amby helped tip the scales ever so slightly towards spy, and it flew people into an autistic shitfit.

>Every map is attack defense or payload
It's almost like engies get to shine on maps were there the point only belongs to one team while scout is good on litterally every single map!
Try and play engie in 5cp or KOTH and see how it works. KOTH only works with mini's and 5CP makes you 100% useless
Engie is desgined to slow the game down so that people who enjoy longer games can actually play those games. Engie is desgined to give the enemy TEAM something to overcome. This isn't DM fest quacke, it's TEAM fortress and some classes are by desgin made to be impossible to 1v1 but with a big downside. It is perfect desgin for a team focused game.

I like the idea, but what range do you think the penalty should be?

I think that long range falloff isn't that bad, but didn't deserve to be a lone nerf. If their plan was to cap amby's range, they should have lessened its flaws in return.

>Cheaters gaver an advantage
Never understood why people act like they shouldn't have one

I'm kind of disappointed that TF team's approach to balancing is based on piling more mechanics on top rather than tweaking existing ones. For instance, Bonk was nerfed by adding an entirely new system to it while keeping the old shit the same. And don't get me started on Dead Ringer, that thing now has 3 or 4 new distinct effects because they couldn't get its first, core effect to work.

You can't make an aimbot for any other class, apart from maybe the scout, but you'll still need good movement

A hacker came into a server I was playing. He was a scout. He shit on people until a sentry went up. Then he went sniper and shut down the opposing team.

Heavy Aimbot is common enough though.