Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all,

What was a bigger disappointment?

consoles

the switch

How many times are you making this thread?

Ps4 because paid online and no backwards compatibility
> ps3 breaks after 8 years
> have all these ps3 games but no ps3
> no reason to buy a ps4 because I only want to play like 1 or 2 games on that system
> just play pc games instead

599 us dollars

PS3 because it had to follow up to the PS2
PS4 only had to follow up to the PS3

both

>PS3 it's notably worse than the PS2
>PS4 is notably worse than the PS3

am confuse

ps2 = great console = high expectations for next
ps3 = bad console = low expectations for next

Me once I get enough cash. Also I have a PS4 anyway.
I've had my PS3 for about 7 or 6 years and a few weeks ago both disc readers just inexplicably stopped working. Keeping it tho because I have a digital copy of Demon's Souls.

>ps3 breaks after 8 years
That's why you have to take care of it. These things are expensive now.

This but unironically

It was some overheating gpu issue. It's not like I was dropping it

>all these ps3 games

PS4. It has LESS features than the PS3 at a higher price point.
pic related, it's me and my trust for Sony

name the ways PS4 was a step backwards. I'll wait

In all honesty, despite the embarrassment that was the launch, the PS3 ended up being a really good console by the end of its life cycle. It is a shame that the multiplats are consistently worse than on Xbox, however.

PS3 was backward compatible.

The UI is utter shit now.

Xbox one

fpbp

As opposed to what? Ps4 has a great minimalistic and sleek UI. It's better than the competitions that's for sure.

Wii U

compared to the ps3 UI its shit

>the UI is buggier (sure the PS3 is slower, but the PS4 interface crashes on me every time I use the store too fast.)
>Paid online, same quality. Goes down often, can't change name, nothing new to justify the cost.
>No backwards compatibility.
>most PSN digital games are locked bheind PSNow scam
>PSNow is slow, a scam, and tries to stream games instead of just downloading the entire game first
>Terrible selection of PSN games that aren't locked behind PSNow
>The media player has LESS support formats for music and video than the PS3 media player
>The media player is largely ignored (I've had several bugs take 6-12 months before Sony finally "fixes" the bugs, only to create other bugs with each patch

Wow, another console war thread
Who could've guessed

for a couple months before they took it away. PS4 can play select PS2 games with better grafix

opinion. 50/50 on wether people love or hate the PS4s UI.
being able to organize games and sort folders is worth the trade off for me

Also no UltraBluRay support, not even on the PS4 Pro.

too many ports

uh okay kid but that doesn't count??

>buying UHD4K blurays
you got meme'd on

Dumbass. It's the same exact thing except it has a slightly different style.

Thank god for Bloodborne

FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU

FUCKING DIE NINTENDO FAN FUCK SONY DID NOTHING LESS THAN PERFECT YOU DUMB SHIT EVERY CONSOLE THEY HAVE MADE HAS BEEN BETTER THAN THAT GENERATIONS NINTENDO CONSOLE GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU FAT FUCK

nigga PS3 was filled with "classics HD"

Not him, but if PS3 had them, why doesn't PS4. What does Sony have to lost from giving PS4 users access to older PSN games?

ps3 took 3 years to have a decent exclusive.

PS3 was the boner of its generation. And the 360 was the ps4 of its generation. The pendulum continues to swing.

PS4 has some amazing exclusives. PSN is dogshit though, like why the fuck am I paying for an online that goes down all the fucking time.

those were towards the end of the lifecycle

ps4 has been ports since it started and now we are getting ports of games that have been ported. I can't wait for SotC on Ps5.

Doesn't matter. Sony is one of the main companies behind the BluRay concept. A premium console, which is the first to support 4K, from the company pushing these medium should support said medium.

pic related

reemaster $$$

But there are so many games on PS3/PSP era PSN that are stuck there, and have no chance of being remade anytime soon. It triggers me because I know there is no technical reasoning behind not selling these games.
But for the ones the remaster, I suppose I can understand from a business perspective.

>buggy UI
rebuild database.

>Paid online
xbox did it first. and your not forced to pay for it

>no BC
PS3 didn't have it either

>PSNow scam
name 1 game that is ONLY available through PSNow.
will conceed the fact it's. a streaming nightmare. even Sony shills forget it exists 99% of the time

>Media Player
works for me. I play movies off a HDD.

PS3 had the retarded cell. can't just port shit back to AMD. that's why most ports are 360 or PC versions

Hey guys why is Kaz Hirai stepping down as the CEO? Did he get btfo by nintendo that hard?

>no BC
PS3 didn't have it either

First gen of ps3 had this, then (((sony))) realized they could make more money by reselling you the ps2 games you already owned on PSN, and removed BC (even removed software BC, or emulators, which costs them nothing to implement but again, they lose on your PSN purchases).

Kaz is tired. He literally made Iwata drop dead from how hard playstation dominated. He's no hero though.

OG PS3s had a literal PS2 inside them. and to make the console more affordable and less prone to o

I totally agree, it's the most they) business practice possible, but even Nintendo is doing it now, actually they are probably the worst offender come to think of it.

>rebuild database.
Doesn't work.

>xbox did it first. and your not forced to pay for it
I never mentioned Xbox. This is PS3 to PS4 changes.

>PS3 didn't have it either
It does, fat system.

>name 1 game that is ONLY available through PSNow.
Are you serious? I am not listing every game. Go look up the games list, and look at the store for that game. Most will just redirect you to the PSNow page.
>will conceed the fact it's. a streaming nightmare. even Sony shills forget it exists 99% of the time
If we are going to bring Xbox into it, I think the Xbox Game Pass will allow downloading the titles. But I don't have an Xbone so I'm not sure, no first hand experience. Both services could allow you to download all of the data and just require you to be connected to the internet to play it.

>works for me. I play movies off a HDD.
I use it almost daily and compared to the PS3 it does support less formats, and the subtitles files are super finicky. Also for almost all of 2017, from early spring to winter, there was a huge de-sync problem with certain mp4 files. By the end of the movie the audio would be delayed by nearly 5 seconds. The only fix was to rewind and fastforward every 10-15 minutes, to reset the desync.

Neither. Both are the best gaming platforms of their respective generations.

>PS3 better than 360

PS3 introduced PS+. but PS4 is the bad guy?

I didn't ask for every game. I asked for 1. which you can't even name. only PS3 and Vita games are Now "exclusive"

>muh halo machine

Was never best anything brother

The only game worth playing on 360 is Lost Odyssey

I'm not him, but basically every multiplat team better on the 360

OBSESSED

That's exactly my point. If PS3/Vita games are able to run on the PS4, why can't I buy them?

And PS+ wasn't required to play on the PS3, it is on PS4. Big difference.

they are still available on PS3 and vita. they aren't ONLY on PSNow.
why should Sony give you free games?

I am saying sell PS3/Vita-PSN games on the PS Store, instead of only allowing PS4 players to play them via PSNow.
It's not that complicated.

the ps3. At least I know now that Im picking ps4 for the few decent exclusives it has. It was a bit jarring transitioning to a new gen and it being worse
I miss when I could just choose a game based on boxart alone and it would turn out good. ps2 really was the golden age of gaming

Both gaming is dead /thread everybody leave

Till this day ps3 is still a demonsouls machine.

Till this day the ps4 is a bloodborne machine... But it has 1 or 2 nice games also. It finally got a ps3 game the last guardian for starts.

its not required, plenty of games still let you use online features without it

Say what you want about Nintendo but it's fucking amazing that the Wii U can theoretically play even Gamecube games without emulation.

The only ones I've ever had work are games are that already free to play, Planetside 2, Fortnite, etc. I've never had a payed game offer free online play. I've actually had the opposite where a game wouldn't let me play singleplayer unless I had PS+. It was Need For Speed (2015). They FINALLY updated it almost 2 years later to allow singleplayer play without PS+, but that was 2 years of requiring PS+ for SINGLEPLAYER. FUCK SONY FOR EVEN ALLOWING COMPANIES TO PULL THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT RREEEEEEEEEEE

It's easy when you have been using last gen hardware for 20 years.

We had this thread yesterday and it was shit, please stop and move on

literally sooo many games to play on ps4 exclusive

I dont know PS3 had better service and better exclusives but PS4 has some good exclusives too and is just overall better designed.
Like the DS3 is complete garbage in comparison to DS4, the PSN store on the PS3 was unusable.

Hey what's sause? I often see these characters and want to watch, but i never tend to ask or figure out.