Did anyone actually enjoy these games, or am I in the minority? I didnt think they were terrible...

Did anyone actually enjoy these games, or am I in the minority? I didnt think they were terrible, they were pretty decent for the most part. I would much prefer them to change to a new artstyle for the next 2D mario game though, rather than just doing NSMB Switch

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/1614/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

any good nsmbwii romhacks?

They're okay it's just none of them besides the last take any risks. They even kept the world order the same.

i love them too U is one of the best mario games, shame they get hate and put on the same level as sonic 4

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is great just for the fights that it causes. It's like taking both pizzas in TMNT times a thousand.

They're not bad games at all, it's just in terms of aesthetics (with the exception of both Wii U games), they're just too similar to each other. Honestly if NSMBU was the only one released, that would have been the better move.

romhacking.net/hacks/1614/

They play decently, but the level design and aesthetic is boring as hell. They need to reboot 2d Mario, it could do wonders for the series.

I played NSMB until I reached max coins, I used to play on the bus on my way home, I used the window as a mirror and played it literally mirrored, sometimes I wonder if people thought I was playing it blind or if I was "special".

Tediously well-designed games

Most generic games of all time.

Luigi U was fun desu

I use to play NSMBU with friends and we'd play dumb challenges like 'whoever dies first takes a shot' with somebody on the gamepad fucking around. I actually loved my pii u for couch multi, probably the best system I ever owned for that.

The mini games in the first one was the best part of it.

>2d mario
>no sprite
>wall jump/clinging

First one was okay, but 2 was just a coin collectathon.

They're very safe games but they're also incredibly solid. The worst one is NSMB2 but even it's a fine enough game, it's not got any new ideas but what it does well is still good.
It's easy to be down on these games for sticking so close to safe and familiar ideas of what Mario is, but people also seem to forget that there's four and a half of them, and the console games are very different to the handheld games just with the inclusion of multiplayer.
I'd love it if Nintendo up and gave us an NSMB that looked like their 2D promo art but I don't expect a miracle.

They're good, but Nintendo went full on Call of Duty with them, which rubbed most people the wrong way

NSMB: First 2D Mario since Yoshi's Island. Had some issues, but a decent return to form

NSMB Wii: Same gist, but on Wii with up to 4 players

NSMB2: Easily the most soulless of the series. The whole gimmick is collecting a fuckton of coins, but Nintendo never accounted for players earning way more lives than they would ever realistically lose. Level design isn't great eitherr

NSMBU: Probably the best game in the series, but everyone is sick of the games

Fuck you nigger walljumping is awesome

I seriously wonder how U compares to Wii and the original.
I never played the original, didn't enjoy Wii out of a kneejerk reaction alone but actually really enjoyed U.

Never got into Luigi U and 2 speaks for itself.

Wall jumping literally made bottomless pits worthless obstacles

It made very small bottomless pits with parallel walls directly above them worthless obstacles.

>They're good, but Nintendo went full on Call of Duty with them, which rubbed most people the wrong way

Not OP but going Call of Duty with them, be making them an yearly series. Having only one game per system (though Luigi U is the exception) was what they did, like some of their other series.

not him but I don't think bottomless pits are a good hazard in any videogame, at least traditional paltformers with classic Mario death penalties.

You don't miss pits in the middle dumbass

I loved all of them

the first two

then it was just meh

What about areas with platforms suspended over bottomless pits where you can't wall jump at all?

Walljumping is literally the best part of Mario Maker. Shame you have to look at bleh 3D graphics if you want to use it.

I don't think it's a question of artstyle what makes them mediocre, but the fact that the level design is extremely bland, mostly on the DS ones, and the air control is floaty as fuck (which comes as ironical, being that the original SMB is the game that defined well-designed air control). There are indie platformers with much better design, controls and creative mechanics, which is astounding as you would expect from nintendo to continue the 2D platforming quality standard that was set with SMB3 and SMW.

They're mostly shit apart from Super Mario Bros U - its legitimately the best 2D Mario game since Mario World. Simply amazing and its a shame people ignore it because its part of the NSMB series.

Unironically, I would love to see a Switch port.

You sound like a bunch of fags but the Wii U was amazing for couch multiplayer, probably the last console to do it well.

I think that is precisely Mario Maker the game that highlights how boring is to play NSMB and how tight and responsive are the oldschool titles.

The first few were dull at best, but U was legit.

First one was awesome.
After that it started getting stale.
New super mario bros was a cool idea, but not for an entire series of nearly identical games.

NSMBU was the least offensive of the bunch I guess. NSMBW and U are great co-op games to chill out and talk over

More

I enjoyed Wii years ago, playing the whole game in 3 players.
I tried U alone recently, and got bored. I'm only at world 2 but it felt dull. I'm sure it picks up at later level, but right now I don't even feel like playing. Maybe it might be best with other players.

You know all the mario games in mario maker have the same physics right

I've never played any if of the NSMB games besides the DS one. Which one is the most fun to 100%?

U and Luigi.

Luigi Bros was KINO, but the rest of that series was mediocre.

>ironical
also iirc the NSMB series was literally just something they gave interns so they felt like they were doing something important