PC version of Final Fantasy XV was not ported from consoles but rather built from the ground up...

> PC version of Final Fantasy XV was not ported from consoles but rather built from the ground up, and that it is a generation ahead of the console version that was released in 2016.
> PC version of Final Fantasy XV was not ported from consoles but rather built from the ground up, and that it is a generation ahead of the console version that was released in 2016.

In a special message to the Steam community, director Hajime Tabata revealed that the PC version of Final Fantasy XV was not ported from consoles but rather built from the ground up, and that it is a generation ahead of the console version that was released in 2016.

As Tabata said, the team is currently squeezing out every available second to complete the game. He then asked PC gamers to wait a bit longer and confirmed that the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition was built from the ground up just for the PC, and that – as a result of that – it is a generation ahead of what Square Enix delivered on consoles.

THANKS FOR BETA TEST, PEASANTS.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-pc-benchmark-is-now-available-for-download/
benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bull fuckin shite, the game runs and looks like complete garbage even on afucking 7700k, 1080Ti

Well, it is still FFXV.
No amount of polish or rebuilding will change that.

Don't lie, nigger.
Download benchmark and post results: dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-pc-benchmark-is-now-available-for-download/

benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/

It looks exactly like what it is to me, FF XV with a bit better everything.

You PC players are so easy to please if you say the right words and boost your egos.

I bet you think that human eye can't see more than 30 fps.

>Falling for lip service from companies....

Benchmark doesn't look much better than PS4 version and remember that benchmark is a benchmark, not the final game, it's not representative of the full thing

Got it for 20bucks for ps4. What a waste, this game is ridiculously bad.

>buy incomplete edition
>complain
I bet you didn't even see the movie, the anime and the radio drama.

>Calling the game shit when it first game out
>Getting all hyped now it's coming to pc

Stay classy mustard race

Stay mad, Sonybro.

>calling bad version of the game shit
>calling good version of the game good
?
Sounds logical.

I remember reading this before the release. They pretty much said that they could do things on PC that the console limitations wouldn't allow. The wait will be worth it.

is the gameplay a generation ahead cause I played it for PS4 for like 2 hours and was fucking bored of it.

And none of that will fix the absolutely horrible story

I put it down after about 2 hours, because the entire gameplay feels like utter shit. Couldnt care less about some gay anime story if it means I have to force myself to sit thru a shitty game first.

I have never played the game yet. But hearing about all the free patches they have added, this is actually a case of thanks for beta testing. Though i assume it will still be shit.

>it looking better means it fixes the gameplay flaws
MUSTARDS

All squaresoft has to do to sell this to me is not put in denuvo.

The game is still unfinished. Neither the free patches nor the paid DLC are close to ending. So you really don't know what point you're trying to make.

Well I guess that makes your opinion the definitive one, you have proven yourself worthy

you are a moron if you think that the majority of PC gamers buy this bullshit

Remember how they made a prequel anime, a prequel movie, patched in multiplayer, spent a year sprucing up the game only for it to still have bizzare plotholes or plotpoints that went nowhere, only to announce a second season pass so they could continue patching the story in?
For the love of god let the PC version be the end of this managerial catastrophe.

What did you like about this shitty game then? Cant get a refund anyway, maybe you can change my mind.

Well it's a nice marketing speech in the year 2018 I suppose but things like that were commonplace just not too long ago. Maybe some alienware ROG #gamer bro with his Gaming Skill RAM sticks will cream his pants over this though.

The game is still shit but if you feel like wasting your money go right ahead. Don't say we didn't warn you.

SEETHING SONY BRO

>literally just got around to persona 5
>FFXV is coming out on PC in a month

i have too many games

S E E T H I N G

>not ported from consoles but rather built from the ground up
The fuck does it mean? Did they change assets? Gameplay? Redone all the textures, dialogue and music? Pretty sure they didn't.

So it's a port. Fuck you.

Ok thanks for the heads up user, it's good that someone has our best interests in mind.

why are pc autists so pathetic?
are they lonely?

Don't be jealous because we get better version please.

Of course it's a port. This is fucking Square Enix we're talking about here. The absolute retards falling for marketing speak ITT just shows how pathetic modern Sup Forums is.

>being this dumb

>You need a 1080ti to get 'very high' at 1080p

The Japanese are not very good at computers, are they?

>this damage control

Tabata will never stop saying stupid shit to the detriment of this game.

>have a shit pc
>games runs better on Standard than Lite
what the fuck?

You're welcome. If you still want to play it I would suggest pirating it or waiting for a $5 sale.

>built from the ground up

considering japanese developers' track record on the PC, I don't see how this could possibly be a comfort to anyone

>damage control
I'm telling you not to buy it you double nigger.

At least they know what they're doing (Unlike NISA)

Marketing bullshit. Same shit textures, same shit meshes, same shit draw distance, same shit everything. They just added what, hairworks?
>hurrr jealous sony fan
see pic.

Posts same for a "meme" they must be fucking lonely

Checks out

I mean everything itt is speculation we will see. Regardless I appreciate them actually taking the time to do it right. But I have mixed feelings about this trend. While it works great for a single player game like this. Im worried it can fuck with PC adoption/ longevity of the community in games like MHW. I mean Id prefer if PC was the top priority and nips learned to make games for pc then port them out. But nips acknowledging PC at all was nice. Now giving attention to the ports is a nice welcome step, slow and steady.
>see pic
The fuck does that mean?
I can fucking mine at those temps on water lmao.

Oh I get it now. Yoy are trying to show specs, but are too retarded for speccy and used CAM. I thought you were trying to say its a shit port cause you ran it at low temps lmao.

Been seeing a lot of FF threads so I'll let you know which ones to stay away from
>FF
Outdated
>FFII
Literally no one defends this game
>FFIII
Grindfest
>FFV
Good battle system, shit everything else
>FFVI
Everyone will tell you this is best but there are like 15 party characters and no voice acting so more reading than gameplay
>FFVII
Might as well wait for the remake if you're one of the 5 people who haven't played yet
>FFVIII
Needs fanfiction to make sense also very easy to break balance
>FFX
HAHAHAHAHA hallway
>FF13
20 hour tutorial

Now many autists may disagree but my opinions are correct. Here are some you may enjoy, they are not perfect but they're good

IV (ds)
IX (windows or android)
XII (windows on NG-)
XV (windows or xbx)
VII if you don't want to wait for the remake

>complaining about no voice acting
fag

I already played it and the game won't magically change just because it's on PC. Enjoy hold o for combat.

>no voice acting so more reading than gameplay.
But reading is faster and takes much less time than voice acting making it more gameplay than if it was VAd.Also I dont mind animated cutscenes in some games, if done well. But VAing otherwise pisses me off. Doubly so if its a textbox or just talking to them and they read it out. Reminds me of middleschool english where the teacher would read the book to the class and it would be painfully slow. I had to bring earplugs and just slip the cover on different books so I had something to do.
>Wait for the remake
Oh I am replying to bait. My bad.

How is that supposed to be any worse than spam X of past FFs

you forgot about everyone dies-wait nobody died haha

don't worry, everyone else wants to forget it too, since it was the worst

its the only pic I have saved to my phone. well done for figuring that out

>built from ground up
>generation ahead
Holy fuck

false. They added MHW combat on crack. And now the car drives like its dirt 3.

I don't care, that game was released in 2016 and I've moved on to other games.
Enjoy Monster Hunter in half a year

>Benchmark doesn't look much better than PS4 version
Bullshit. It looks ten times better.

this looks genuinely worse than crysis

its a generation ahead of jap games which universally look like ps2 games

Is it low settings?

user these are the same people who cant tell a blu ray from a dvd and download yiffy. Just let them enjoy their console ports.

Oh great, surely can't wait for the Xbox 2 and PS5 versions of FFXV.

>falling for their lies once again

You deserve to be swindled.

>playing FFXV

>Wait a year or two for remake with real time combat and 100+ mil dollar budget that pushes the current generation of hardware to the max
Doesn't sound unreasonable

>PC cuks will NEVER EVER GET FINAL FANTASY XV...

>generation ahead
TOP KEK

Sidenot,: where's that ff7 remake?

>implying I'm going to pay for it

every game is built from the ground up on PC
modern consoles are closer to PCs than ever before

>Can only select "Lite," "Standard" and "High"
>No individual options or even descriptions of what is and isn't changed
I don't get what the point was of not allowing us to actually change shit ourselves or see what's different, especially considering most consoles titles do retarded things like have Anisotropic Filtering at less than 16x or even just use bilinear/trilinear filtering, even though the performance difference is 0% for the vast, vast majority of titles

best comment

>go to Sup Forums
>everyone talking about how shit a game is
fast forward 2 years
>go to Sup Forums
>same game is coming out on pc
>Sup Forums loves it
it happens
E V E R Y S I N G L E T I M E

V

E

R

Y

S

I

N

G

L

E

T

I

M

E
wait for it to go on sale, it's not worth full price

>NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM / Radeon™ RX 480

I just want Gladio with a giant penis sword.

I bet you like avengers movies too faggot.
I want a proper remake, not this horseshit.

>FF and Square boasting about graphics
Seems about right. All they care about these days is how pretty their games are. I forget exactly where but in an interview it was said how making their games look pretty is one of the core aspects of the company.

>ps4 cucks will never get true 4K

>wanting 60 gigs of bloat on your hard drive

Reminder that Nier developed a character better than FFXV did.

>Bestiary doesn't let you zoom up on Shiva or other female looking monsters

Considering the Standard rating on their test is at or around 60 FPS, it's not that bad optimization-wise, if you turn down anti-aliasing and literal wastes of performance like DoF and Motion Blur, I have no doubt mid-range cards like the 1060 6GB will get above 60 FPS in most situations. Going from that, I imagine things will be similar for 4K performance for shit like the 1080 Ti, where you can get good performance by default, and better if you fuck with the settings

Wrong. Noctis development is best in at least past ten years.

>good fps
>good fps
>15 fps
>good fps

I've got 4TB of SSD and 12TB of HDD

I don't know what nips deem "very high" performance.
The game has three presets and no fine-tuning options: Lite, Standard and High. A 1080 Ti gets 40+ fps at High 4K and ~90 at High 1080p. Maybe it means 60fps+?

Why do game companies fucking hate people with 1440p monitors so much

Those are some mighty ballistic missiles