What does Sup Forums think of the Yakuza series?

What does Sup Forums think of the Yakuza series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLE9pGTSypE
youtube.com/watch?v=MnqOTOpinew
youtube.com/watch?v=IXOPmqhsiSw
youtube.com/watch?v=XhMCE1t04N4
youtube.com/watch?v=MYB-D9qEwzI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZtcjCQH0C8
youtube.com/watch?v=seWMF-H4gp8
youtube.com/watch?v=c0G355dqZyg
yakuzafan.com/5-tatsuro-yamashita-songs-yakuza-6/
youtube.com/watch?v=SY_LG8JpCL8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qz86dOMGHFg
trophycheck.com/list/yakuza-0/equipment-list
dswiipspwikips3.jp/yakuza0/armor-search-material.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like them, even 6.
But you really, REALLY want PS4 Pro for 6 and Kiwami 2 unless you love shit framerate and screentearing.

I bought Kiwami on a whim today because it was cheap.

Only other game I played was 4, which I enjoyed. How does Kiwami compare?

It sucks balls

I like it.

How so?

Do you have to put it into boost mode or something

I only played Zero and Kiwami, i loved Zero but thought Kiwami was boring. Im hoping Yakuza 6 is more like Zero.

No, both support Pro natively. You can choose between performance mode whicxh is 1080p rock solid 30 FPS with v-sync, or go graphics mode which is 1440p running at silky smooth 20 FPS and no v-sync.
Base PS4 is 900p 20 FPS with no v-sync.

Love em since 2006 bruh. Still got my orginal copies from teh day. Yakuza 0 is what the series needed. Felt like i drank a stamina Royale after seeing Kiryu so tired and old in Y5

I only know of the RGG series.

weeb

For fucks sake, guess I gotta put aside some PS4 Pro money then.

Is Yakuza 6 more like Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 5 ?

None of the above. It’s more old man Kiryu in modern times if that helps.

Yakuza 3

More like 3 and 3 is much better than 6.

It's fine if you play it after 4, but after 0 it looks like dogshit.

I love them but suck dick at boss fights, I don't know how to win without chugging drinks.

You dodge and block, user. Eventually their attack pattern should become clear. Or at least you should more easily see them telegraph their moves more easily

I mean I can block and dodge but while I'm wailing on the dude he might unzip an attack and go through mine. Obvious answer is "don't get hit then" but then I feel my damage isn't high enough.

What modes better on a big 4K tv?

1080p with stable framerate and more importantly no screen tearing is what you want
Nothing worse than shit framerate combined with screen tearing

Love em, even 6 and Kiwami 2

I'm playing 0 currently.
Is there a secret to the catfights? If not then this minigame seriously sucks.
I need 10 wins for the trophy but everything I try just ends in me losing in the second or third fight most of the time. No matter who I pick, no matter what I choose, no matter how hard I mash.

What do you think is the best normal boss theme? My vote: youtube.com/watch?v=PLE9pGTSypE

Yakuza is the best series on PS3/4 and it's not even made by Sony

Not exactly boss music, but it's used exclusively for strong enemies.
youtube.com/watch?v=MnqOTOpinew
Also honorary mention to its remix in Y3.
youtube.com/watch?v=IXOPmqhsiSw

youtube.com/watch?v=XhMCE1t04N4

you posted the wrong Y0 song

youtube.com/watch?v=MYB-D9qEwzI

What's a good way to get the Payback Ring and Thug Necklace in Yakuza 0? Most guides I have read have little information on the specifics of D&T farming.

Fun, but playing multiple games back-to-back burns me out due to how dense they are. Playing Kiwami a couple months after finally getting around to Zero and I'm feeling sorta burnt out (granted I've played the PS2 version of 1 itself before as opposed to it being a completely new story to me so there's that to factor it too)

Kanda's theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZtcjCQH0C8

Kiwami feels like an old game, to be honest I was dissappointed when I played it right after Zero.

Maybe it's because I've only ever played Dead Souls but I have absolutely zero interest in this series

I think I got the Payback Ring from the North Pole.
I'm not sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=seWMF-H4gp8

youtube.com/watch?v=c0G355dqZyg

>Kiwami feels like an old game

Nigga wot? It’s literally 1 in Y0 mode.

>tfw most likely no Tatsuro Yamashita for the western release
yakuzafan.com/5-tatsuro-yamashita-songs-yakuza-6/

Should I just import

>Kiwami feels like an old game, to be honest I was dissappointed when I played it right after Zero.

To be fair... Kiwami IS a remake of the first Yakuza game. So of course it's not as polished as the newer ones.

0 is a work of fucking art

Yeah, the art called judaism, LMAO

Rehash after rehash. Can't comprehend how people still play them. I dropped out after 3 and the only one that still looks interesting is 0, I'll get that eventually I guess

>rehash
>4 has 4 vastly different protagonists with different playstyles
>Kamurocho greatly expanded adding verticality to it

>5 has literally 5 protags and 5 cities, 3 of which are brand new and never seen before in the series
>rehash

Kill yourself

>new locations and new characters, so it's not a rehash
Ah, so Assassin's Creed isn't a rehash after all. I was wrong all this time

Im just not mad at Jews at all when their daughters all have such big soft jewish titties

AssCreed reuses the same combat and animations since the first game to this date, it's completely different than Yakuza.
In AssCreed all you get is a different locale.

In Yakuza you get:
1. New minigames
2. New cities (locales)
3. New characters with new playstyles
4. New animations and assets (Dragon Engine)

What the fuck else do you want without the series losing its identity? Do you want it to become a fucking DotA or something? Kill yourself.

I want to marry and impregnate Ben Shapiro's sister

This. She is fucking lovely.

youtube.com/watch?v=SY_LG8JpCL8

Jewish tits man...

It's her figure also, it compliments her tits.

Yeah... i want to marry a Jewish girl

Assassin's Creed gets all that and more.
Ac2 dies not play like ACU that does not play like ACO.

Btw I think neither are rehashes, just Sup Forums parroting.

You will never get prime jewish girls thou

Literally perfect.

I like it. I started with zero, then played Kiwami and Kiwami 2 and enjoyed both as well. Just got around cleaning out all of the dust out of my ps3 and found all of the cords to it. Now I'm just trying to get 3, 4 and 5.

>tfw your brother wont shut the fuck up about melenials and traps on tv so now the internet Sup Forums nerds found out about you and now don’t know wether to call you a “JOO” or shamefully fap over you
>probably both

I've played all of the main ones except 5 and 6 and I think I only really enjoyed 2, 4 and 0. From the increasing complaints about stuff like 6 and Kiwami 2 I'm guessing the quality has really gone downhill lately too. I'd probably just consider it "good", not great as a whole. I had my fun with them but definitely won't ever replay any or buy new ones at full price.

You seem unreasonably upset on behalf of someone you'll never meet.

i've always been attracted to jewish girls, i need more

You seem to be defending poltards, i was merely making an accurate observation.

this guy gets it

Why the fuck do they do this? It's not like the jump from ps4 to ps4 pro is particularly big

>yfw cucked out of the protagonist spot

I wonder why they didn't just use 6's engine on Kiwami to test it out first, same way they did with Kenzan and Ishin. That way they could improve on it and they could've delivered a better game with 6. I'm speaking on the perspective of these threads since people keep saying 6 sucks, I don't know if it sucks just making an observation.

Do you have any source on not being on the western release? Why would they do that?

6 was a test for Shin

I don’t know why they didn’t just fuck off the 6 engine and give me Yakuza Kiwami 2 in the Y0 engine at 1080p 60fps. I literally wouldn’t have been mad, would you?

MUMMY

>I literally wouldn’t have been mad, would you?
Most people in these threads at least probably would've still been mad about something, to be fair.

>4D Chess by Nagoshi being steps ahead of us
I gotcha.
I mean, I've already played 0 and Kiwami. I'm good. I'd rather them use 5's combat. I played the demo of 6 and I liked it so I can't judge the game just yet since it's not the full thing.

I'm almost certain he'll show up in Ichiban's game. I just hope he's not a hobo again after they just did that plot in 6.

It was kind of funny when nu-fans discovered Kiwami was a recycle of Y0

>hey! They just re-used a bunch of assessts! Wtf!?

WELOCME TO YAKUZA YOU FUCKS

Me neither. 6 really showed how important ishin and kenzan were to make the following games good.

Jap licensing is a bitch and makes it hard for their songs to go overseas. Last time we had Jap music was Yakuza 2, if we've missed 3 to 0, we'll miss 6

Feels really bad man, Tatsuro has some great songs in 6.
Atom no ko and Human being my favorite, I wanted to know the context of these songs but I'll just find out after I finish 6.

I have exactly 0 idea why the fuck they used the dragon engine for kiwami 2. If they didn't you could literally play the entire mainline yakuza series in the same engine. But they had to fuck it up

God fucking damnit man, I love tatsuro. What makes it a bitch? Maybe it's better with him since he likes the west and shit?

Not that user but I feel like it's got more to do with that SEGA doesn't want to pay for these anymore, I mean they did it with 2 and shit flopped so they probably feel like it's not worth the money.

Why do you even need to pay again?

I have no idea how it works, I'm going to assume you're going to have to pay X for every song.

>Base PS4 is 900p 20 FPS with no v-sync.
I am never buying a Pro.
Oh fuck it. If I could play Dragon's Dogma at 20fps on PS3, I can play Yakuza on 20FPS on PS4.

Spoiler heavy stuff if you wanna not know the plot
Sobo is the opening and credits song
Katamoi plays when Yuta asks Haruka to stay in Hiroshima and when we see Someya kiss Kiyomi
Human plays during Hirose and Someya's death
Kibou to iu na no Hikari plays when Nagumo is begging for Kiryu to call him aniki and when Kiryu 'dies'
Atom no ko plays in credits as well.

All the moments that had Tatsuro's music are going to feel off now but having Kiryu's 'death' without Kibou to iu na no Hikari playing in the background is going to feel wrong most of all to me

>I'm almost certain he'll show up in Ichiban's game.
Sure, but he won't be playable

One of my favorite video game series. Still waiting for 6.
0>1>2>5>4>3

youtube.com/watch?v=Qz86dOMGHFg

She looks like joji

Because music licensing is just a chore in general since if you didn't negotiate paying for overseas distribution and only paid for local you have to renegotiate the contract and pay more for the songs again.

Just craft the Payback Ring, it's really simple.
Here, use these guides I've been using:
trophycheck.com/list/yakuza-0/equipment-list
dswiipspwikips3.jp/yakuza0/armor-search-material.html
I've been going for all equipment and not just the 100 and these have been great help, but one thing to note is that prior to chapter 15 some areas that list certain materials don't actually have them, the Dragon Whisker is the most notable, I checked every area listed on the page and it's not there in chapters 11 and 12.

>Yakuza 6 was delayed

If there's K2 or Hokuto no Kiryu information in the meantime, it'll be worth it. Please God.

Oh, and when it comes to farming the D&T one thing that's extremely important to note is that if you're not finding an item within 5ish searches and it's listed on the page and you have items that increase search quality like the Magic Belt, Benkei's Amulet, or Traveler's Amulet you need to take them off. I was searching for Straw Effigies and couldn't find a single one at any of the areas but as soon as I took them off I got 43 of the Straw Effigies on the first try. Magic Belt also seems like it's worse than the Benkei + Traveler combo. Also, always pay the minimum needed for 0:00 or 0:06, there is no reason not to as Shakedown is like two minutes away to get all your money back.

Make sure you also pay attention to the description of the character before you invest into them (They're located on the last page), some specifically list that they get you more items than gear, some get you more weapons and armor than gear, some have small bags, some have big bags. Of course this doesn't apply if the item you're looking for is only found on a single character.

Some items that you get as recipes can also be found as proper items from the same character that brought it to you, but if you don't get the item within about 10 searches that means they only can give recipes. When you get into the chapter 11 and chapter 15 items you're more often than not only going to get recipes no matter your searches. One thing to note is that Sturdy weapons can be found if they're listed, but Extremely Sturdy can't be, those are recipe only. You don't have to craft much outside of that, a couple belts and rings have to be crafted and the ultimate item in every list (Royal Chain Mail and Baiken for example) need to be crafted, but almost everything else can be just found from persistent searching. The only thing that's annoying is the style specific boost items can only be found in these randomly appearing stages and only with Crazy Unbelievable Success.

As long as he's still cool I'll be content, Shin should primarily be Ichiban's game after all.

>I have exactly 0 idea why the fuck they used the dragon engine for kiwami 2.
Because it's the newer engine and they're going to slowly improve upon it with each game. Their problem is that with 6 they jumped in head first instead of having something like Like a North Star use the engine as a test bed and then learned from their mistakes and successes with that before going onto 6 and Kiwami 2. It's completely understandable why the new engine was used, because it's the new engine.