Monster Hunter World

How do you beat this fucker?

lol

Touch fluffy tail. With your weapon.

Hit it user

Probably one of the easiest bosses, Slightly harder in HR because he can one-shot with that spinning tail slam attack. it's pretty obvious when he's about to do it though

Wow you suck OP

Hit it till it's invisible HP reaches zero.

Noob question: does armor effect movement at all?

>Probably one of the easiest bosses
hahahahaha
probably one of the most overused sentences in MH and *souls threads
1333hardcore GAMERZ never disappoint

Don't get hit.

if your weapon has a shield, block shit
if your weapon doesn't, roll away
slice or shoot the pup till it dies

Honestly at this point I could beat him in my sleep

He fucking telegraphs his attacks to the point were it seems like he is writing you a detailed letter about each one.

Only reason I would die during this fight is if beetle juice bombs my ass.

I mean dude he really is, it's a low rank monster it's not supposed to be hard. Even the high rank version is easy.

Figure out which attacks one shot you and then avoid them.

In the way you probably mean it no, wearing a ton of heavy ass armor or nothing makes no difference.

There is armor out there that affects your evade distance though but only because of the skills it gives you.

*annihilates all life from astera*

I did it... its over...
I beat black diablos 4 times and am now immune to stun...

Thanks. I messed around in the training area while waiting for a reply and saw no difference. Was curious since weapons obviously effect swinging speed.

Is Dodogama the most forgettable monster in World?

Killed him ezpz with bow

Have you tried shooting it? I know the ranged weapons are getting a fair bit of shit on here lately but just shooting it will solve most of your problems.
Just don't get hit and you'll be fine.

Protip: Hit the Tobi Kadachi until it dies

No. I like that fat lazy bastard.

He is the lizardiest lizard who ever lizarded in a monster hunter game.

Get a Water element weapon. Use the lock on if you're having trouble keeping track of it while it jumps around.

>Tfw want to play more but have work in the morning
this sucks

So what to do to damage Kirin when he electrifies himself? Am I really stuck only being able to hit his face?

>I know the ranged weapons are getting a fair bit of shit on here lately
Only because rookies and 'veterans' that ignored ranged options for several games saw the improvements in World and thought they could have it easy. Guess how wrong they were?

I feel it. Played 8hrs tonight. Going to play all day tomorrow after I run errands. Enjoy your days off man

For some reason I expected this guy to be much bigger. Tetsucabra sized, at least.

Ranged is and always will be for babies
>d-d-uh it t-takes skill tho

Build Barroth armor. It gives you thunder resistance.

once you negate this assholes one-hit KO move with thunder res he's easy.

Real talk, don't fight him in the area you first encounter him in the story campaign. His ability to jump from tree to tree is annoying.

Use null berries to get rid of the thunder blight he hits you with. While you are inflicted with thunder blight, his attacks hit very hard.

Bows and quick weapons like SnS, dual blade, and such make fighting him easier for newbies. SnS is the best choice for newbies on him for melee for speedy attacks and to block his attacks instead of avoiding them.

When you need to sharpen or heal, get the fuck out of there. He is too fast to do that near him if you are learning his attacks. Once you can read him, handle him however you want on future hunts.

first wyverian: most people pick the longsword, conversely very few choose the hunting horn

is there a ranking?

>tfw took a week of annual leave for MHW

What is the softcap for when armor starts giving very little damage reduction returns?
I always hate games that doesn't just tell you exactly what armor does for you.

You shouldn't need armor. This game is about avoiding damage or blocking it.

wear barroth armor scrubs

I forgot I was playing MH

For a weapon made for babies it seems only a handful of people can actually use them properly. I never seen so many people bitch about bowguns until World came out, and they also seems to be lost on bows for some reason too.

to be honest, defense values for armor in this game are kinda irrelevant. They're important in that if you try and run against High Rank monsters without High Rank gear you'll probably get one-shot by fucking everything, but the actual defense values between different pieces of HR armor isn't really important.

You should be building armor sets around the skills they give you, not the defense values.

The longsword is easily the best.. i used to greatsword all day but theres no denying it anymore
Super straightforward to use reliable damage and you actually move quickly when its drawn
Being able to actually move with a weapon drawn feels so incredible

Ok what the fuck. I'm trying to get the plunderblade, and in the Coral Highlands part I talked to the cats in their hideout, and I killed the two blue things. Now I went back to their cave and no dialogue. What the fuck Capcom.

Tell me all the rare pets and where/how to get them.

Where's Emerald Helmcrab? Where's Augurfly? Are there any we haven't heard about yet?

Because it actually did take skill in the older games, purely because the ability to control the camera control on a handheld lends itself very poorly to any sort of ranged third-person combat without lock on.

Plunderblade in in the Rotten Vale

So did I. Was kinda dissapointed when I saw he was a lizardlet.

Emerald Helmcrab is in the Rotten Vale down in the areas where great Girros likes to hang out. I found mine in the blocked off area that was later unblocked by doing the main quest hunt for Odogaron

Good grief im so glad i dont have to deal with stun anymore
Why is stun even in the game it feels kindof goofy

Gunlance is still coolest weapon ever

To punish people getting overpowering defense and then tanking hits probably

They already have a lot of those like knockbacks and 2 other 'stuns' that have ur guy crawling around on the ground

>use the R2+Triangle attack with the LS
>completely whiff half the time despite the target being completely still
??

Do you know if it was nighttime/raining when you found it?

Aim better? You can readjust in mid-air.

Daytime no rain, its easy to miss due the bones and flesh covering the place

You can? I just figured it went straight up and down so I never even tried

Like this.

The augurfly appears during rainy or otherwise poor weather, I don’t know about specific spots but I found mine in the coral highlands next to regular omenflies

Fuck tempered monsters, fuck decorations and vaal hazak

In high rank now, what are some good sets for hammer and switch axe or is clown suits the way to go?

On a PSP I'd say definitely, N3DS made using guns a lot less awkward because of the analog nub. Still doesn't explain why even in World only a handful of people use a supposed baby weapon.

Longsword is not the best. He's talking about popularity rankings. If you talk to the First Wyverian in random quests (if you can find him) he'll give you a Max Potion and rattle off a bunch of random statistics, one of which having to do with weapon usage.

Longsword is the most popular weapon in the game at the moment, with Hunting Horn being the least popular.

No weapon in Monster Hunter is actually better than any other, they're all about equally viable.

I personally hate Longswords in this game. Not because of their moveset but because every new player seems to immediately pick the Longsword because it looks like a katana and proceed to stagger the entire hunting party with it and then immediately cart 3 times.

That webm is example of a shit player with bad positioning. If Rathian 100-0 combos you like that you deserved to die.

also most of the time if an attack can stun you, it will ground you as well. If you just don't touch anything you will remain invulnerable for a significant period of time and you can avoid getting combo'd.

Jagras is easy. Tobi is not easy. He's medium difficulty.

I actually haven't run into shovelchin yet. Is it High Rank only?

If your allowed to stun a monster from beating it's face repeatedly why can't the monster stun you.

Kill yourself.

>hes actually defending the webm
even mashing x in those situations dont work. user was really unlucky

Yeah, he's there to get slaughtered in 5 minutes in the last area.

>put on bandit mantle
>become rich

sweet

I wanna roll out with my lance bros especially when a monster is running away and just shred it.
But no one plays lance and I don't want to play with S L O W faggots anymore.
How do you live with yourselves?

Yes

>tfw hammer
>everyone goes for the head rather than tail and trip you up
Yes, Urugaan, the elder dragons are all high rank

They have like 6 other stuns besides the the stars swirling around your head

Never played World. People say he telegraphs everything.

Is he even stronger than Nargacuga?

If yes, what about Lucent?

It’s the bottom tier monster of the volcano, which is HR only

He still hits pretty fucking hard with those fireballs if you don’t take him seriously though

>Rajang gets added in as dlc
>Jho, Bazelguese and rajang all gatecrash the hunt

Tbh it's probably because they aren't as satisfying to use as melee weapons.

I don't have a problem with them because they're pretty unobtrusive and add constant steady DPS to hunts. Not sure why anyone would complain about them just because they're easier.

Also, ranged weapons were actually stupidly difficult before the game added Palicoes. In the PS2 days if you beat the solo game as a gunner you were really, really god. Do you know how hard it is to kill a monster with a HBG when the only thing they can aggro on to is YOU?

Meh, the guy was basically put in a corner and comboed to death by rathian. It isn't uncommon for her to do that. Never fight in confined places against her.

No. Not even nu-Barioth level. MHW is casualized. Unironically.

>craft the bazelgeuse lance
>realize that it has white sharpness with handicraft

aw shit, does blast work with bombardier? I'm gonna have fun with this, especially once I find a protective polish decoration

Fuck Nergigante and even more fuck his stupid fucking bullshit tail. 5 cuts and 0 tails.

>one of the
Tobi is definitely ONE OF THE easiest monsters. He telegraphs a lot, and his speed is a non-issue because he pauses often.

his issue wasn't that he couldn't get out of the combo, his issue is that he decided to try and wind up an attack while Rathian was very clearly telegraphing the fact that she was about to charge

noone told me bows were really good

>aw shit, does blast work with bombardier?
yes

Toby is fought mid LR. He is a mid level difficulty fight.

Tobi’s actually a pretty low tier monster, comparable to something like barroth or tetsucabra

That giant tail is also his giant weak point and he’s easily tripped

>Not sure why anyone would complain about them just because they're easier.
You have people complaining that because you don't have to near cripple yourself just to use the camera now since it's on a real platform that the game has been ruined and is too easy. Most monhun fans are tremendous tryhards that make soulsbabies look humble in comparison.

No fucking way, Narg is harder and Lucent is an annoying piece of shit

This little shit took my 3 deaths to kill. Managed to chase it into a pit with an anjanath who did most of the leg work.

Lance is super good, always has been pretty strong but especially now. Absolutely destroys Diablso/Black Diablos especially!

The least used weapons in the game are SnS, Lance, and Hunting Horn.

SnS and Lance are like 2% each and hh is 1%

>and he’s easily tripped
So like everything in MHW including Niggante.

>play CB entire game
>no problems until nerg (10 carts) and no problem after
What the fuck is wrong with me

I thought handicraft only raised your current sharpness level in this game

Fucking awesome, my dude. Planning out a sick set around it, just need to find some decorations. Even without too many skills it's pretty strong.

>No fucking way, Narg is harder
What the fuck? I was under the impression he is supposed to be the Narga replacement. Is the game really this piss easy?

Narga was one of the most fun walls back then due to his strange and fast movements and feints.

Did you watch the webm
The rath just walks away and over him then combos to death
Didnt telegraph any attack at all

All the monsters leading up to Tobi are piss easy. He's going to be the first actually challenging monster for most new players, especially since he can punish you hard if you have Lightning blight and don't know that you take a buttload of extra damage if you have it. He's also faster than the other monsters leading up to him. Stop trying to prove your e-peen by saying it's easy. If you wanna go that route then we may as well just say that everything that isn't Grank is easy.