>”heh. You had better git gud user”
>yeah i hear that a lot
>get past Gascoine at last
>HEY user, WANNA LEVEL UP?
>guess that makes sense
>apply RPG logic
>become the genocide of Yarhnam
>”b-b-but you cheated! FAG!”

HEY! This game isn’t hard at all! It’s only as hard as you fucking make it on yourself so any “challenge” you guys talk about is completely arbritary, because if they are people who beat the game at level 1 with no clothes barehanded then you ALL cheated. The “challenge” in these games is completely subjective.

Pretty much any of the souls games. It teaches punishment for being greedy. It's similar to how older games used to be. You have to learn from your mistakes and take your time. You rush ahead and you're going to have a bad time.
It's completely open to your own play style. Going through DsII sotfs right now with a mage. Although my melee is terrible, I can take out enemies from a distance and it sometimes feels like easy mode.

>It teaches punishment for being greedy

Yeah this.

>Pretty much any of the souls games. It teaches punishment for being greedy
Whut?
I guess by greedy you mean careless.

Leveling up in Souls games is basically choosing a difficulty level.
Level 1 = ultra hard
Level 30 = hard
Level 70 = normal
Level 100 = easy

Being greedy can be a pretty careless attribute user. It makes you take more risks in any case

But according to who? You? Is there a soulsborne committe? What if someone else says your hard is medium and your medium is easy?

Official chairman of the soulsbourne committee here. Can confirm those are the official difficulty levels as they relate to soul level.

The RPG-like stats are just there as a tool to help less skilled players, and that's not a bad thing. An exceptional player could play the game flawlessly without leveling up at all, and that's the baseline for difficulty. Leveling up serves to lower that bar by diminishing the requirements and penalties set upon the player, but the execution of gameplay remains the same.

Unless you're playing Dark Souls 2, in which case enjoy your shitty low ADP rolls.

I rebel.

>The RPG-like stats are just there as a tool to help less skilled players

Can i get an official statement by Fromsoft on that one please? Imagine going in blind. You would probably do it.

Just play however you want. Soulsfags are all autistic and will screech about how if you don't adhere to their specific challenge run it means you're "cheating" or "playing wrong"

>Can i get an official statement by Fromsoft on that one please?
Well that's just my personal and in absolutely in no way official opinion.

>You would probably do it
Never said I wouldn't. I suck at these games.

It's like all those people who say that summoning is somehow cheating, or not part of the souls experience. Which is weird, considering it's part of the game.

I read a post here before where some guy got summoned and then the summoner got mad at him for playing a certain way or using a certain OP wepon, and then got double mad that he didn’t give him the kill (i.e. the last hit, aparently its “polite”) and the started sperging about what a scrub he was and how he obly summoned him for the company...

I've been replaying lately, is 120 the still accepted meta blood level for HONORABURU DUEL? I'm probably gonna do an even 40/40 Str/Arc build for the Logarius wheel, but if the meta is higher I'll probably lush them to 50/50.

Also, what US President should I make next? I made Donald Trump with the Kirkhammer and my roommate made Mike Pence with the Tonitrus and I've been thinking about making either Teddy Roosevelt as a STR/BLD build with the Cannon/Gatling Gun, or a SKL/BLD build as Andrew Jackson with the Chikage and Evelyn and just exclusively duel motherfuckers with my pistol.

Fucking autists, man. I've never even heard of the last hit thing. Can't see how it matters.

I'd say that most of the difficulty in Souls games comes from a lack of knowledge and experiece. If you miss certain optional areas you'll most likely be underleveled. Leveling stupidly, like spreading out your stats evenly, makes you weaker than you could be. Knowing which types of enemies are parryable and which enemies have some delayed attacks helps greatly. And missing weapons or upgrades can happen too on your first blind run, making you weaker aswell.

Fromsoft executive here, it's true.
Thanks for your continued patronage, I'm out

I want to speak to Mr Miyazaki himself please.

Mr. Miyazaki is busy right now, I'm afraid

but I level vit?

That's because you're a scrub

>playing game where you're a badass that kills stuff
>play as cute girl
i seriously will never understand this mindset, but i'm aware that it's not uncommon

apparently! I mean, I only started playing it three days ago, but there we go.

some people are so trash they find the game hard even when they level normally.

I have a spergy friend who plays From games a lot and he always says shit like "git gud" and stuff, and then when we get together and play PvP games he's always the worst player by a wide margin lol

pattern memorization is so far away from actual skill that it's laughable, and nerds that are good at pattern memorization are delusional enough to think that knowing "enemy does this, then this, then this" makes them good at video games

Learn to greentext

When people do this, it's no different from being one of those turbospeds who perfect guitar hero thanks to the power of autism. In fact, they turn these games into rhythm games.

I could maybe accept this if stat requirements weren't a thing
More than half the weapons in any souls game can't be wielded by any of the starting classes, especially if you don't pick the class that specializes in STR + DEX, and then there's deprived, which is the lowest level of them all, and therefore has the least choice when it comes to variety. You're saying that you're supposed to exclusively use basic longswords, daggers and other useless shit? Even putting aside the DPS as a factor, that's boring as shit being limited to so few weapons. Then without the respective equip load stat, you can't wear anything besides basic cloth armors (with the exception of bb)? Get real

Pattern recognition and memorization is literally every video game ever made and is the basis for IQ tests

Cute girls doing "badass" stuff in video games has an infinitely higher chance of keeping my boner and interest rather than some fucking dude.

caring about what Sup Forums says
or anyone else.